PDA

View Full Version : Pike and Musket 2 introduction

cegorach
09-17-2006, 21:45
So here it is the new engine and new possibilities.

First the basic information.

The timeframe of the mod is 1570-1700.

The starting date seems to be an excellent choice and it won't be changed unless even better reason will be found which is unlikely.

The Factions

Hopefully the number of possible choice will reach 30 sooner or later.

1. Spanish Empire

2. Portugal

3. England

4. Scotland

5. Hugenots

6. France

7. The Netherlands

8. Hapburg HRE

9. Protestant Alliance

10. Danemark

11. Sweden

12. Venetian Republic

13. Transylvania

14. Crimean Khanate

15. Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

16. Ottoman Empire

17. Russian Tzardom

18. Uzbek Khorde

19. Persia

20. Mughal Empire

21. rebels

+ additional factions if the engine will allow more

22. Iroquois Confederacy

23. Circassia

24. Ethiopia

25. Songhai Empire

26. Brandenburg

27. Saxony

28. Bavaria

29. Wallachia

30. Georgia

+ replacing the Protestant Alliance - the Pope if he requires a faction slot if not the slot will be used for a different country - Genoa or something else...

Antagonist
09-17-2006, 23:42
Interesting faction list. I'm a little disappointed that you're not going the Eras route (One of the things I like about P&M1 is the way you use the eras to spread things out and give more small factions a chance) but all things considered it's a nice selection. Personally I tend to favour small factions and uniqueness over importance, and it would be nice if more small ones were there, but actually quite a few are (Circassia, Persia, Songhai etc.) and historical accuracy in the campaign is also important of course.

It's definately nice that things like warwagons, proper firearms logic, dismounting etc. are back, should make things a lot easier. Hopefully you'll be able to get 30 factions sooner or later. :book:

Anyway, I'm glad that you're going ahead with a sequel and I very much look forward to it. :2thumbsup:

Antagonist

Stig
09-18-2006, 18:45
I was just wondering, is there going to be a big New World which you can colonise, or is it more like Europe, and we'll work on the new world later on?

cegorach
09-18-2006, 19:22
Colonisation is one of the main features in this mod, though it will be limited to a part of Northern America, places in Africa, Asia and even in Europe.

Please use the main thread for further discussion:book:

cegorach
10-03-2006, 17:22
Since I am a moderator also in the OiM TW subforum it is a good idea to name the major differences between both projects.

1. SIZE - OiM TW is much more detailed and focused on the eastern part of Europe after 1569.
Pike and Musket 2 includes more large factions, much larger area including America, Africa and Central Asia which on the other hand allows less in terms of unit choice or other details,

2. APPROACH to the project - OiM team will be more careful about various details, PMTW2 cannot afford that - for this reason the number of generic units (available to many factions) will be larger and some will use the same textures whatever the faction it is used by,

3. EVENTS present in the mod - PMTW2 is about colonisation, religious wars, conflicts in Africa and Asia i.e. it is LARGER where OiM is detailed and focused on important, but events of lesser importance to the entire continent, even entire world.

Obviously both mods will give much different experience when played, but it also means that it will be a good idea to play them BOTH.:2thumbsup:

cegorach
11-16-2006, 21:27
Here is the new, revised

FACTION LIST

1. Spanish Empire

2. Portugal

3. England

4. Scotland

5. Hugenots

6. France

7. The Netherlands

8. Hapburg HRE

9. Bavaria

10. Denmark

11. Sweden

12. Venetian Republic

13. Transylvania

14. Crimean Khanate

15. Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

16. Ottoman Empire

17. Russian Tzardom

18. Uzbek Khorde

19. Persia

20. Mughal Empire

21. rebels

22. Iroquois Confederacy

23. Circassia

24. Ethiopia

25. Songhai Empire

26. Brandenburg

27. Saxony

28. Morocco

29. Wallachia

30. Georgia

31. Pope

It took me a while to decide - all those factions are interesting to play and had some serious impact in their areas.

In addition rebels will be made strong enought to spoil easy expansion with few exceptions where they won't be a serious problem e.g. around Songhai or in Northern America.

If you have any thoughts about the list use the main thread.:egypt:

mac89
11-17-2006, 20:43
Wasnt the 31st factionslot reserved for the rebels? Scuse me if Im wrong.

cegorach
11-17-2006, 20:49
Look again

21. rebels

western
11-17-2006, 23:47
Understand all the excitement about the new engine, but are you still going to release the new map and Lion of the North for PMTW1 community Cegorach? I think I've seen all the modded maps, and the one you showed had me itching to play, with all those extra European provinces. Hope that work is still going to see the light of day before too long.

Aragorn1963
11-19-2006, 11:34
Great idea for a mod. I was hoping for this for a long, long time.

cegorach
11-21-2006, 13:14
Understand all the excitement about the new engine, but are you still going to release the new map and Lion of the North for PMTW1 community Cegorach? I think I've seen all the modded maps, and the one you showed had me itching to play, with all those extra European provinces. Hope that work is still going to see the light of day before too long.

Don't worry about it. PMTW 2.0 will be released quite soon. Recently I acquired new castle maps from the Lords so there will be something new I didn't mention before.

I have triggered some activity here just to show that something is really going on here too.

For now we are limited to research anyway - more serious work will be started in about 6 months I think (necessary tools, modders will discover new possibilities etc) so PMTW1 will not suffer from lack of time.:book: