PDA

View Full Version : upgrading weapons in EB?

VAE VICTUS
09-22-2006, 06:24
i was recently playing a campaign as carthage, i took the city at the southern end of italy(cant remember the name, its not the one by sicily) anyway, i retrained some of my units, and behold, they had armor and attack upgrades!!the only time i had seen upgrades was with rebel armies. so does anyone know which temple gives upgrades for each faction?(i think the romans had this one 2 minerva)

abou
09-22-2006, 06:52
The EB team decided to limit equipment upgrades because of how unbalanced it can make the game. As far as I know, no temples confer those types of upgrades, which only the one blacksmith building can do. What were the colors of the shield and sword in the unit icon?

MSB
09-22-2006, 06:53
I don't think temple upgrades provide any bonus' as this would have being fantasy on the EB website it says:

No more fantasy bonuses, like equipment upgrades from temples of Vulcan.

Have you checked whether there are any "blacksmith" bulidings there, becuase sometimes they can give wepons upgrades.

I'm not sure, but check with the EB team first.

VAE VICTUS
09-22-2006, 07:48
well it had the basic blacksmith, but it also had a highly developed temple to minerva i think. it gave them gold shields and silver swords. was it a random happening im not likely to see again?

MSB
09-22-2006, 08:47
well it had the basic blacksmith, but it also had a highly developed temple to minerva i think. it gave them gold shields and silver swords. was it a random happening im not likely to see again?
Probably a bug, no you probably never will see it again. :no: :no:

GMT
09-22-2006, 10:08
I once had a settlement rebel to me and I got a whole garrison of these uber peasants with 3 gold chevrons and gold shields. :laugh4:

pezhetairoi
09-22-2006, 14:25
i had that in the old RTW days. the 6 units of 3 gold chevron, 3 gold sword and shield and 3 militia hoplites with 3 gold chevrons i had when cyrene rebelled to me stormed all the way through the levant and all the way to Susa before they got depleted. XD

MSB
09-22-2006, 18:24
i had that in the old RTW days. the 6 units of 3 gold chevron, 3 gold sword and shield and 3 militia hoplites with 3 gold chevrons i had when cyrene rebelled to me stormed all the way through the levant and all the way to Susa before they got depleted. XD

I had that on vannila. The Greek Cities had took the Huge Roman City of Salona and when it rebelled and I got it back it had a mix of Light Auxilia, Town watch and peasants all with gold sheilds (but no gold swords). Very strange :inquisitive: .

Discoskull
09-23-2006, 00:07
Actually, some temples - Celtic and Minerva temples, as far as I know - that give +1 to armor and heavy weapons...but never more than that, which is just fine

Anthony
09-23-2006, 00:25
Well, some temples did historically serve ancilliary functions aside from (or in conjunction with) religious services. Some larger Celtic temples had smithies attached or similar (smithing was in fact one of the professions that one could become a 'druid' by studying; a druid was more or less any individual who had a lifelong study in a few fields, including religion, poetry, magic, music, smithing, art of war, etc., and, as such, had some temple representations).

Trithemius
09-23-2006, 09:35
As others have mentioned, some of the Celtic temples provide upgrades. The Casse "three craft gods" temple does in particular; I built one upgrade centre and marched a lot of my troops through it before falling upon the continent - sadly these did not really help my family member's to survive much! ;)