PDA

View Full Version : training units

VAE VICTUS
09-22-2006, 10:33
im playing as carthage, i have the entire western Med. locked up, nice economy, just took alexandria, but to my shock i couldnt retrain my troops there, even with my own gov. building. as other factions i had access to my own troops, why doesnt carthage? because generally they used mercs, etc.?
how can i change it without totally unbalancing the game?
p.s. how to i get the iberian assualt unit?

pezhetairoi
09-22-2006, 14:20
since i have never played qarthadastim before, i wouldn't know, but I would guess, given their stats, that they are obtained from a high-level MIC in Hispania. That's the only place I've seen them in the game, ever. Try Arse and Saguntum.

Watchman
10-02-2006, 13:41
The Carthies can only really train most of their "own" units in parts of the Maghreb coastline, the southern and eastern Iberian coast and western Sicily, with the exception of the Libyans and Numidians who can apparently be recruited in most of Africa west of the Ptolemid domains. Otherwise they're pretty much down to mercs and local troops - not too many Carthies or Africans in residence there after all. Although far as I could tell most of the Iberian stuff pwned their Carthaginian equivalents hands down (Caetratii vs. Libyans - no contest; I've nearly lost generals to those shirt-wearing falcata-wavers too), so over there you're better off using the locals for most purposes.

Iberian Assaults can be trained in most of southern and eastern Iberia coast IIRC and maybe some of the southeastern inland provinces too with MIC of around 4 and govs of at least types 2 and 4 if memory serves - Samnite Heavies are very similar and available in southern Italy.

Trithemius
10-02-2006, 15:51
If the Baktrians are anything to go by, in 0.7.4 there are some rather strange recruitment issues. I suspect that things should be ironed out a bit for 0.8 (there have been suggestions that this is being worked on), but you might want to check out the 0.7.2 Current Recruitment xls file for some indication of where to find the troops you want.

Oleo
10-03-2006, 13:55
Iberian Assault Infantry should be available in Lilybeo, Arse, Mastia, Baikor, Gader with the combination of a Type II (EDIT: or type III, which I just checked in Arse) government building and a Army/Royal Barracks (level 4 and 5). I am not entirely sure, as I have mainly type I governments in those cities in my current Kart-hadast campaign, but thats what it says in the barracks descr.

You can retrain the libyan and liby-phoenician infantry of your Alexandria army in the closest town to the west of Alexandria (between Kyrene and Alexandria). For your more elite units you'll have to go back further home.

You can edit certain files to make them available in Alexandria, I dont know how thats done, part of the fun of EB for me is that units arent available too far away from home.