PDA

View Full Version : adding Ireland to 1480 scenario

Wladyslaw IV
09-22-2006, 15:17
I'm sure MTW is all shot out, as well as any mods for it, but I was just wondering, would it be too hard to add Ireland in 1480? (which was totally independent at the time, expect maybe (MAYBE) the Pale region). I've tried everything to add it myself, went into the loc files, and then more, secrenized it in with the startpos folder.. the dang old thing wouldn't even load to the main menu! I've also made some interesting changes to units start strengh in all three - most infantry start off with 200; calvary can range any where between 120 - 160 men, and the king's unit gets a mighty 80 horsemen, far better than that 21 ****. And back to Eire - Eire most likely didn't exist in 1587, cept maybe the far corners in a constant state of semi-rebellion, the Pale was secure and under Henry VIII around that very time and year, the island was compeletely subdued and conquered.

cegorach
09-27-2006, 15:25
I generally do not encourage further modifications of the mod, but I am willing to justify the way it is all done.

Ireland was added to the RT only because of later rebellions and wars during the reign of Elizabeth I. Also they developed pretty interesting army at that time with some units clearly able to hold on their own in open battles.

Adding Ireland to the first period is impossible due to severla factors with the single most important one - there are no unit slots left and I won't remove anything from the earliest campaign which must include several units which appear as far as 1648.

The number of men in units is set this way on purpose too - the soldiers in the general unit are elite lifeguards, but also the crew of a cannon if their battlemode is changed before a siege - this gives a good reason to train them.
In the last campaign they can be changed to Fortified Position - in both cases a crew of 80 men would seem unreasonably large. Besides their powerful armour is far to good for a steamroller unit of 80 men.

I generally wanted to keep only crowd-like unit in the largest numbers with the exception of early pikemen blocks and muslim factions which - especially the Ottomans - should be quite dangerous ecause of their huge numbers.

I think that will be all.:book:

Wladyslaw IV
10-07-2006, 00:58
Damn, cegorach slap me upside the head and call me schindler. And I didn't want to upload my changes, they are for my enjoyment only :2thumbsup: I just think mine are more fun. History of Ireland is: completely "conquered" (constant state of unrest and semi-rebellion) by mid 17th century. for the past 100 years England kings tried advances beyond the outskirts of Dublin, but with little avail. (Probably because half the England army would run off to :dizzy2: the woman ~:wave: ) Later my niggah..... :coffeenews: