PDA

View Full Version : Inca - Total War

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rex_Pelasgorum
09-24-2006, 12:07
I observed that as a rule,when creating a mod, most modders focus either on Europe (ancient, medieval or renaissance), or Asia.

There is no mod focusing on South American pre-columbian history, altough i think, the potential for such a mod would be awesome.

I`m just thinking at a hypothetical mod, recreating the rise of the Inca Empire, its fights whith different other nations , etc. The history of pre-columbian South America is farr more complex than it seems, whith many many factions, cultures and even some city states...

There are plenty of historicall sources... the best of them, i think, is the book Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca , altough it presents the facts from a catholic (bust still indian...) point of view. Historicall research would be criticall, but suprisingly more simple than the one necesarry for creating, for example, an ancient mod... quite much info has been left about the Incas.

Challenges for creating such a mod, would be multiple... new cultures would need to be created, including new building looks on the battlefield, etc. Creating some adequate wonders (such as the Temple of the Sun from the island in Titicaca, or the Piramid from Chimu, or the Underground water tunnels from Nazca, etc), would also recuire plenty, and plenty of time wasted in front of the PC...

Map would also be a problem... i think making a good relief for the rugged altiplano, some nice jungles for the Amazonian areas, would push the modders abilities to the limits.

Units would also need alot of working... there was no cavalry in those times... balancing the armies should mean also lots, and lots of work.

Good scripters should be needed. A campaign whith no script, is an empty campaign, and historicall accuracy should be the prime concern for any mod of this kind.

The ending date of such a campaign would be the year of the first spanish incursion... the spanish conquest was , from a military point of view, a lucky annomaly, and i dont think it can be represented in any way using the TW engine.

Normally, now i should come here whith some screenshots.... howewer, i am not a moder, and i dont think i will ever be. I do lack pacience.... and my knowledge in informatics, and PC, is not very consistent.

I wont make any "call to arms" for modders. I know most of the people currently think at MTW2, or work on different projects, etc. If i could have the modding abilities, i would have done it myself.

If someone is interested in such a project, i am eager to help whith all what i can... considering how farr the moding has went so farr, i think making such a mod would be possible....

whith friendship and respect,
Rex Pelasgorum

ByzantineKnight
10-03-2006, 09:26
Great concept!! :2thumbsup:

I am intrested, but I'm not sure if I will be able to help, I'll tell you as soon as I know.

Bwian
10-03-2006, 18:53
I thought someone started a mod about this period. Can't find any trace of it though. It would provide quite an interesting base for a mod. Don't know much about the cultures around at the same time...but I am sure there was enough complexity.

Silver Rusher
10-03-2006, 19:56
I thought someone started a mod about this period. Can't find any trace of it though. It would provide quite an interesting base for a mod. Don't know much about the cultures around at the same time...but I am sure there was enough complexity.
Yeah, I remember seeing it but I think it died.

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-03-2006, 21:55
1. Technicall posibilities for creating such a mod exist... for example, jungle - no problem, modders have already enabled them, altiplano would be also easy to recreate.
2. There are alot of modders who can really make wonders.... just look at all those awesome mods !
3. Whe have plenty of historicall sources, than not to forget, the language of the Inca empire is still a living language, giving unit names, titles, would`nt mean just inventing stuff.
4. I never seen any historically acurate depiction of the Inca in any grand strategy game to the moment... We could be the first ones to attempt depicting accurately that age, that culture...
5. The gameplay would be quite different... no cavalry thats for sure... howewer the prospect of having at least 5 or 6 grand factions to play whith , plus numerous others less known... and a shadowing faction to the Inca Empire (for recreating the civil wars) - so BI would be better, it would mean plenty of good gameplay.Whe just need to pick a timeframe which would necesarily end most lately at the historicall death of Huaina Capac -1527

Here is a map of Inca Empire around 1438 :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Late-intermediate-peru.png

This area i think should be covered in a campaign map, of course, whith more factions which are not represented on the map but are mentioned in the books or other sources (such as the Araucans to the extrem south who stopped both the Inca and the Spanish expansion).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/17/Representaci%C3%B3n_del_Zapa_Inca.jpg

I am intrested, but I'm not sure if I will be able to help, I'll tell you as soon as I know.

I hope you will join this mod.... and i hope many other modders will join to help us.

I thought someone started a mod about this period. Can't find any trace of it though. It would provide quite an interesting base for a mod.

If we could just find those people... and make them join again in such a project !!

I ASK FOR HELP FROM EVERY MODDER FROM THE ORG TO HELP MAKING SUCH A UNIQUE MOD... :help:

P.S: i know there is MTW 2 coming in hot... but making such a mod would surely give a boost of originality to RTW.

ByzantineKnight
10-05-2006, 07:18
I hope you will join this mod.... and i hope many other modders will join to help us.

I can join!!

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-05-2006, 10:38
I can join!!

Good ! You are in. ~:)

Before anything starts, whe need a map....
Whith cities, and whith the posibility that the player who chooses the Inca faction be able to implement that famous road system...

A map covering the area depicted in that map from Wikipedia, would be just perfect.

Can you make the phisicall map ?

Here some general info about the main faction, taken from wikipedia or other sources:

THE INCA EMPIRE

The Inca had three origin myths. In one, Ticei Viracocha of Colina de las Ventanas in Pacaritambo sent forth his four sons and four daughters to establish a village. Along the way, Sinchi Roca was born to Manco and Ocllo, and Sinchi Roca led them to the valley of Cuzco where they founded their new village. There Manco became their leader and became known as Manco Capac.

In another origin myth, the sun god Inti ordered Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo to emerge from the depths of Lake Titicaca and found the city of Cuzco. They traveled by means of underground caves until reaching Cuzco where they established Hurin Cuzco, or the first dynasty of the Kingdom of Cuzco.

In the last origin myth, an Inca sun god told his wife that he was lonely. She proposed that he create a civilization to worship him and keep him company. He saw this as a wise plan and carried it out. The Inca were born from Lake Cuzco and populated the Andes and worshipped their sun god.

The myths are transmitted via oral tradition, since the Incas did not have writing. There probably did exist a Manco Capac who became the leader of his tribe. The archeological evidence seems to indicate that the Inca were a relatively unimportant tribe until the time of Sinchi Roca, also called Cinchi Roca, who is the first figure in Inca mythology whose existence is supported by physical evidence.

The Inca people began as a tribe in the Cuzco area around the 12th century. Under the leadership of Manco Capac, they formed the small city-state of Cuzco (Quechua Qusqu), shown in red on the map. In 1438, they began a far-reaching expansion under the command of Sapa Inca Pachacuti, whose name literally meant "world-shaker". During his reign, he and his son brought much of the Andes mountains (roughly modern Peru and Ecuador) under Inca control.

Pachacuti reorganized the kingdom of Cuzco into an empire, the Tahuantinsuyu, a federalist system which consisted of a central government with the Inca at its head and four provincial governments with strong leaders: Chinchasuyu (NW), Antisuyu (NE), Contisuyu (SW), and Collasuyu (SE). Pachacuti is also thought to have built Machu Picchu, either as a family home or as a summer retreat.

Pachacuti sent spies to regions he wanted in his empire; they brought reports on the political organization, military might and wealth. He would then send messages to the leaders of these lands extolling the benefits of joining his empire, offering them presents of luxury goods such as high quality textiles, and promising that they would be materially richer as subject rulers of the Inca. Most accepted the rule of the Inca as a fait accompli and acquiesced peacefully. The ruler's children would then be brought to Cuzco to be taught about Inca administration systems, then return to rule their native lands. This allowed the Inca to indoctrinate the former ruler's children into the Inca nobility, and, with luck, marry their daughters into families at various corners of the empire.

It was traditional for the Inca's son to lead the army; Pachacuti's son Túpac Inca began conquests to the north in 1463, and continued them as Inca after Pachucuti's death in 1471. His most important conquest was the Kingdom of Chimor, the Inca's only serious rival for the coast of Peru. Túpac Inca's empire stretched north into modern day Ecuador and Colombia.

Túpac Inca's son Huayna Cápac added significant territory to the south. At its height, Tahuantinsuyu included Peru and Bolivia, most of what is now Ecuador, a large portion of what is today northern Chile, and extended into corners of Argentina and Colombia. However, it should be noted that most of the southern portion of the Inca empire, the portion denominated as Collasuyu, was desert wasteland.

Tahuantinsuyu was a patchwork of languages, cultures and peoples. The components of the empire were not all uniformly loyal, nor were the local cultures all fully integrated. For instance, the Chimú used money in their commerce, while the Inca empire as a whole had an economy based on exchange and taxation of luxury goods and labour (it is said that Inca tax collectors would take the head lice of the lame and old as a symbolic tribute). The portions of the Chachapoya that had been conquered were almost openly hostile to the Inca, and the Inca nobles rejected an offer of refuge in their kingdom after their troubles with the Spanish

CHIMU

The Chimú were the residents of Chimor with its capital at the city of Chan Chan in the Moche valley of Peru. Chimor was conquered 50 years before the arrival of the Spanish, so there were plenty of survivors from pre-Inca times to dictate the particulars of the daily life of the Chimú before their conquest by Inca Tupac Inca Yupanqui. Chimor grew out of the remnants of the Moche culture; initially, Chimú pottery had some resemblance to Moche pottery.
An Andean bronze bottle made by Chimú artisans from circa 1300 A.D.
Enlarge
An Andean bronze bottle made by Chimú artisans from circa 1300 A.D.

The Chimú are best known for their distinctive monochromatic pottery and fine metal working of copper, gold, silver, bronze, and tumbago (copper and gold). The pottery is often in the shape of a creature, or has a human figure sitting or standing on a cuboid bottle. The shiny black finish of most Chimú pottery is not achieved by using glazes, but instead is achieved by firing the pottery at high temperatures in a closed kiln which prevents oxygen from reacting with the clay.

The largest Pre-Columbian city in South America, Chan Chan is an archaeological site located in the Peruvian region of La Libertad, just north of Trujillo. Covering an area of approximately 20 km², Chan Chan was constructed by the Chimor (the kingdom of the Chimú), a late intermediate period civilization which grew out of the remnants of the Moche civilization. The vast mud city of Chan Chan was built between c.850 and c.1470 and was the imperial capital until Chimor was conquered by the Inca in the 15th century. It is estimated that 30,000 people lived in the city of Chan Chan.

The city is composed of ten walled citadels which housed ceremonial rooms, burial chambers, temples, reservoirs and some residences. Each of these citadels has a rectangular configuration with a north-facing entrance, high walls, and a labyrinth of passages.
Reliefs of fish in the Tschudi Complex, Chan Chan
Enlarge
Reliefs of fish in the Tschudi Complex, Chan Chan

The walls themselves were constructed of adobe brick, and were then covered with a smooth cement into which intricate designs were carved. There are two styles of design present in these carvings: one is a ‘realistic’ representation of subjects such as birds, fish, and small mammals; and the other is a more graphic, stylized representation of the same subjects. While earlier civilizations concentrated on cat-like and anthropomorphic forms, the Chimú style shows a preference for maritime motifs. The carvings at Chan Chan depict fish, pelicans, and nets for catching various sea creatures. Chan Chan, unlike most other coastal ruins in Peru, is located extremely close to the Pacific Ocean.
Pelican carvings, Chan Chan, excavated in 2004
Enlarge
Pelican carvings, Chan Chan, excavated in 2004

Chan Chan was added as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986. The city is severely threatened by erosion from El Niño, which causes heavy rains and flooding on the Peruvian coast. Present-day visitors to Chan Chan can enter the Tschudi Complex, believed to be one of the later citadels built in the city. There are also several other Chimú and Moche ruins in the area around Trujillo.

THE CHACHAPOYAS (WARRIORS OF THE CLOUDS)

The Chachapoyas, also called the Warriors of the Clouds, were an Andean people living in the cloud forests of the Amazonas region of present-day Peru. The Incas conquered their civilization shortly before the arrival of the Spanish in Peru. When the Spanish arrived in Peru in the XVI century, the Chachapoyas were one of the many nations ruled by the Inca Empire. Their incorporation to the Inca Empire had not been easy, due to their constant resistance to the Inca troops. The name Chachapoya is in fact the name that was given to this culture by the Inca; the name that these people may have actually used to refer to themselves is not known.

Since the Incas and the Spanish conquistadors were the principal sources of information on the Chachapoyas, unbiased first-hand knowledge of the Chachapoyas remains scarce. Writings by the major chroniclers of the time, such as El Inca Garcilaso de la Vega, were based on fragmentary second-hand accounts. Much of what we do know about the Chachapoyas culture is based on archaeological evidence from ruins, pottery, and other artifacts.

The chronicler Pedro Cieza de León offers some picturesque notes about the Chachapoyas:

"They are the whitest and most handsome of all the people that I have seen in Indies, and their wives were so beautiful that because of their gentleness, many of them deserved to be the Incas' wives and to also be taken to the Sun Temple (...) The women and their husbands always dressed in woolen clothes and in their heads they wear their llautos, which are a sign they wear to be known everywhere."

Cieza adds that, after their annexation to the Inca Empire, they adopted the customs imposed by the people from the department of Cuzco.

The meaning of the word Chachapoyas is unknown. It may have been derived from sacha-p-collas, the equivalent of "colla people who live in the woods" (sacha = wild p = of the colla = nation in which Aymara is spoken). Some believe the word is a variant of the Quechua construction sacha puya, or people of the clouds.
Contents

Geography
Valley of the Marañón between Chachapoyas (Leymebamba) and Celendín
Enlarge
Valley of the Marañón between Chachapoyas (Leymebamba) and Celendín

The Chachapoyas' territory was very extensive. They were located in the northern regions of the Andes in present-day Peru. It included the triangular space formed by the confluence of the rivers Marañón and Utcubamba in the zone of Bagua, up to the basin of the Abiseo river. The ruins of Pajatén are located here. This territory also included land to the south up to the Chontayacu river. In this way it exceeded, in a southerly direction, the limits of the current department of Amazonas. But the center of the Chachapoyas culture was the basin of the Utcubamba river. Due to the great size of the Marañón river and the surrounding mountainous terrain, the region was relatively isolated from the coast and other areas of Peru, although there is archaeological evidence of some interaction between the Chachapoyas and other cultures.

The contemporary Peruvian city of Chachapoyas derives its name from the word for this ancient culture as does the defined architectural style. Garcilazo de la Vega noted that the Chachapoyas' territory was so extensive that,

"We could easily call it a kingdom because it has more than fifty leagues long per twenty leagues wide, without counting the way up to Muyupampa, thirty leagues long more (...)"

The league was a measurement of about 5 kilometers.

The area of the Chachapoyas corresponds to a region that, being part of a mountain range because of its land, was characterized for being covered by dense tropical woods. Thus, it came to be referred to as the Amazonian Andes.

As fast as the population was growing, the forests of the Amazonian Andes were felled in order to expand agriculture. Tropical forests were thereby diminished drastically and the soil eroded, no longer being protected by its ancient green mantle. Nowadays, the Amazonian Andes resembles the barren landscape of the Andean moorlands.

The Amazonian Andes constitute the eastern flank of the Andes, which were once covered by dense Amazon vegetation. the region extended from the cordillera spurs up to altitudes where the forests have not been felled, usually above 3500 m.

The cultural realm of the Amazonian Andes occupied land situated between 2000 and 3000 m altitude. This means that they are limited to the altitude occupied by the Chachapoyas, attested to by the location of architectural remains.

Chachapoyas' Origin

According to the analysis of the Chachapoyas's objects made by the Antisuyo expeditions of Amazon Archaeology Institute, the Chachapoyas do not exhibit Amazon cultural tradition. Their cultural goods have Andean roots. Although in certain cases they present a particular physiognomy, the investigations show that it is only a question of forms that suffered modifications due to geographical factors and a probable relative isolation.

The anthropomorphous sarcofagi do not seem to be another thing than the imitation of funeral bundles provided with a wooden mask proper of the so-called Horizonte medio, when it reigned culturally on the coast and the highlands what is known as Tiahuanaco-Huari or Wari culture. The "mausoleums" are equally modified expressions from the chullpa or pucullo, architectural element of funeral character that has a big diffusion in Peru and also inserted in the cultural frame Tiahuanaco-Huari.

If we look for an answer to the question: why people who live in the mountain range of the Andes occupied zones of the Amazonian Andes, the reason will be that such occupation was an answer to the need of extending the agrarian border. This need can only have its explanation in the geographical enviroment, not only from the Andes but also from the coast, characterized by its extensest desert areas that are translated in suitable soils for agriculture, limited and insufficient to sustain a population like the ancestral Peruvian people. People dedicated, for three thousand years, to the intensive growing of the land and, for this reason, had supporting a increasing demographic rate.

This dissertation has received the epithet of "serranización of the rainforest", that is seen in both: the geographical part and in the cultural one. On one hand, when the scenery of the Amazonian Andes changed, after the fell of the tropical forests, into a barren one that resembles the mountain range of the Andes; and, on the other hand, when the Andean people carried their cultural Andean baggage to places that were originally filled with Amazon verdant grove. This phenomenon, which is still current, repeated itself in the southern Amazonian Andes in times of the Inca Empire, with the mountain projection to the zone of Vilcabamba that raised haughty Inca architecture exponents like Machu Picchu.

Incorporation to the Inca Empire

The conquest of the chachapoyas by the Incas took place, according to Garcilazo, during the government of Tupac Inca Yupanqui in the second half of the 15th century.

He recounts that the warlike actions began in the slope of Pias. If this is true, it was to the south-west of the Gran Pajáten, from what it is deduced that the area of Pias was already considered as a chachapoyas' territory.

About the resistance that the chachapoyas put up against the Inca's penetration in times of Tupac Inca Yupanqui, there is abundant historical information, especially in the chronicle of Cieza.

During the sovereign Huayna Capac's government, the chachapoyas rebelled:

"They had killed the Inca's governors and captains (...) and (...) soldiers (...) and many others were imprisoned, they had the intention to make them their slaves."

As an answer, Huayna Capac, who was in the Ecuadorian cañaris land and while he was gathering his troops, sent messengers to negotiate peace. But again, the chachapoyas "punished the messengers (...) and threatened them with death".

Then Huayna Capac ordered to attack them. He crossed the Marañon river over a bridge of wooden rafts that he ordered to be built probably in the surroundings of Balsas, next to Celendín.

From here, the Inca's troops went to Cajamarquilla (Bolivar), with the intention of destroying this town that was "one of the principal towns" of the chachapoyas. From Cajamarquilla, an embassy integrated by women went out to meet them. In front of them there was a matron, who was an ancient concubine of Tupac Inca Yupanqui. They were asking for mercy and forgiveness, that the Inca granted them. In memory of this event of peace consecration, the place where the negotiation had taken place was declared sacred and closed so from now on "(...) neither men nor animals, nor even birds, if it was possible, would put their feet in it."

To assure the pacification of the chachapoyas, the Incas installed garrisons in the region. They also arranged the transfer of groups of villagers under the system of mitmac, or change of territories of human groups:

"(...) it gave them grounds to work and places for houses not much far from a hill that is next to the city (Cuzco) called Carmenga."

Of the inca presence in the territory of Chachapoyas remain the architectural rests of Cochabamba, placed in the outskirts of Utcubamba in the current district of Leimebamba.

The architectural model of the chachapoyas is defined by the circular tendency of their constructions and the masonry of regular stones. Their constructions are also characterized for being raised on platforms that were constructed in slopes. Their walls are, in certain cases, decorated with symbolic figures. It is necessary to add the colossal character of some monuments such as Cuélap and other numerous enclosures, like Olán.

It might indicate that the chachapoyas constructions date back to the IX or X century, and that their architectural tradition was still current until the arrival of the Spanish to their territory in the second third of the XVI century. The exceptions were those constructions that were erected by the Incas using their own style, such is the case of the ruins of Cochabamba in the district of Leimebamba.

The presence of two funeral patterns are also typical from the Chachapoyas culture. One of them is represented by sarcophagi, placed vertically and located in caves that were excavated in the highest place of the precipices. The other funeral pattern was groups of mausoleums; that is to say "mansions for deceased people". They were constructed like tiny houses and were located in caves worked in cliffs.

The chachapoyas' ceramics did not reach the handmade level of the Mochica's or Nazca's. Their small pitchers are frequently decorated by cordoned motives. As for the textile art, cloths were generally colored in red. A monumental textile, proceeding from the precincts of Pajatén, showed that had been painted by figures of birds. The chachapoyas also used to paint their walls, since a haughty present sample in San Antonio, province of Luya, reveals. These walls stages a ritual dance of couples that were held by the hands.

Although there is archaeological evidence that people began settling this geographical area as early as 200 C.E. or before, the Chachapoyas culture is thought to have developed around 800 C.E. The major urban centers, such as Kuélap and Gran Pajaten, may have developed as a defensive measure against the Huari, a Middle Horizon culture that covered much of the coast and highlands.

In the fifteenth century, the Inca empire expanded to incorporate the Chachapoyas region. Although fortifications such as the citadel at Kuélap may have been an adequate defense against the invading Inca, it is possible that by this time the Chachapoyas settlements had become decentralized and fragmented after the threat of Huari invasion had dissipated. The Chachapoyas were conquered by Inca ruler Tupac Inca Yupanqui around 1475 C.E. The defeat of the Chachapoyas was fairly swift; however, smaller rebellions continued for many years. Using the mitamaq system of ethnic dispersion, the Inca attempted to quell these rebellions by forcing large numbers of Chachapoya people to resettle in remote locations of the empire.

When civil war broke out within the Inca empire, the Chachapoyas were located on middle ground between the northern capital at Quito, ruled by the Inca Atahualpa, and the southern capital at Cuzco, ruled by Atahualpa's brother Huascar. Many of the Chachapoyas were conscripted into Huascar's army, and heavy casualties ensued. After Atahualpa's eventual victory, many more of the Chachapoyas were executed or deported due to their former allegiance with Huascar.

It was due to the harsh treatment of the Chachapoyas during the years of subjugation that many of the Chachapoyas initially chose to side with the Spanish colonialists when they arrived in Peru. Guaman, a local ruler from Cochabamba, pledged his allegiance to the conquistador Francisco Pizarro after the capture of Atahualpa in Cajamarca. The Spanish moved in and occupied Cochabamba, extorting what riches they could find from the local inhabitants.

During Inca Manco Capac's rebellion against the Spanish, his emmissaries enlisted the help of a group of Chachapoyas. However, Guaman's supporters remained loyal to the Spanish. By 1547, a large faction of Spanish soldiers arrived in the city of Chachapoyas, effectively ending the Chachapoyas independence. Residents were relocated to Spanish-style towns, often with members of several different ayllu occupying the same settlement. Disease, poverty, and attrition led to severe decreases in population; by some accounts the population of the Chachapoyas region decreased by 90% over the course of 200 years after the arrival of the Spanish.

More to come ~:)

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-05-2006, 10:53
QUITO

There is relatively few info about it, but it seems it had an important role in the northern areas:

A Millennial History

During the first millennium, nomadic communities hunting for animals and foraging for food arrived in the rich and fertile valley of Quito. Over time, tribes settled and Quito became an important settlement and major trading centre known as 'Tianguez.' Quito evolved into a cross-roads of cultures, and the most important economic centre in the northern Andes.

During the 16th century the Incas extended their area of influence from Peru and, following various battles, asserted their control over the Quito region. They established Quito as their key administrative centre from which to control the territories of their northern Empire.

The Spanish thirst for new land and riches brought them across the oceans to the Americas. The meeting of the two cultures proved cataclysmic. By the time the Spaniards arrived in what is today Quito, they found only ashes and ruins: the Inca general Rumiñahui razed the city rather than let the Inca kingdom fall into Spanish hands.

THE MAPUCHE or ARAUCANS

The Mapuche people were the first inhabitants of half of the area today known as Chile and Argentina. Before the Spanish arrived in 1541, the Mapuche occupied a vast territory in the A Southern Cone of the continent and the population numbered about two million. At present they number approximately 1.5 million (constituting over 10% of the total population) in Chile, and two hundred thousand in Argentina. The Mapuche nation now constitute the third largest indigenous society in South America.

THE DIAGUITA

The Diaguita, also called Diaguita-Calchaquí, are a group of South American indigenous peoples. The Diaguita culture developed between the 8th and 16th centuries in what are now the provinces of Salta, Catamarca, La Rioja and Tucumán in northwestern Argentina, and in the Atacama and Coquimbo regions of northern Chile.
Contents

Diaguita tribes were sometimes confederated, and sometimes at war against each other. When the Inca started extending their empire southwards during the 15th century, the Diaguita fiercely resisted the invasion.

They were unique at the time for their lack of a caste system, and lack of gold or other sumptuous goods. They tended to live in clans. For the most part the men were monogamous, with chiefs possibly practicing bigamy.

They later fell to the Incas, though the influence of the Incas was successfully stopped at the Córdoba mountains. Their surviving descendants contributed to organized resistance to the Spaniards.

Diaguita peoples were one of the most advanced Pre-Columbian cultures in Argentina. They had sophisticated architectural and agricultural techniques, including irrigation, and are known for their ceramic art. They preferred the colours white, red and black. They mostly did not build large cities, but were sedentary farmers raising maize, pumpkins and beans, and herd animals such as llamas. They reflected the Andean culture they shared with the Inca. They worshipped the Sun, thunder and lightning.

THE AGUARUNA

The Aguaruna (or Awajún) are an indigenous people, whose cultural practices and language is very closely related to the Shuar (or Jivaro). Historically, they lived primarily on the banks of the Marañón River, a tributary of the Amazon in northern Peru near the border with Ecuador. Currently, they possess titled community lands in four of Peru's regions: Amazonas, Cajamarca, Loreto, and San Martin. According to Peru's 1993 Census the Aguaruna numbered aproximately 45,137 persons.

Their real origin is still a mystery. In accordance with the racial characteristics of the majority, some anthropologists suppose that they went down the Andes centuries ago and adapted themselves to the geographical conditions of the region. Others believe that they are emigrants of Central America who came either by the coast or through rivers. They established themselves in a zone much wider than the one they occupy now. Apparently this zone also included the actual Jaén. It is also said that they had the influence of cultural groups that were immigrant from the islands of Melanesia.

They always had the reputation of being brave warriors, standing out for their skills in war. Physically there are differences between the aguarunas and other inhabitants from the Peruvian rainforest. Their average height is taller – especially between men – and their physical constitution denotes strength.

The aguarunas handle a traditional ideological and material culture, and they communicate each other in their own language. For this reason, there is a book called the Vocabulario aguaruna del Amazonas (Aguaruna's Vocabulary of the Amazon) written by Mildred L. Larson and published by SIL International in 1966. The aguarunas are located in the geographical area of the Marañón river, that is to say in the banks of the Marañón river and of its tributaries, the rivers Santiago, Nieva, Cenepa, Numpatakay and Chiriaco.
Contents

The aguarunas' families, either monogamous or polygamous, are placed in dispersed form, grouped in extensive families or forming major magnitude towns.

Examples of the last case constitute the towns of Yutupiza on the Santiago river and Japaime on the Nieva.

In the cases in which exist a pattern of nucleate population, these towns, called in their native language yáakat, are not provided with streets, neither footpaths, nor squares, being constituted by housings of traditional construction. These houses are distributed in a kind of asymmetric form and the tendency is usually to be placed in a linear form along the river.

Another typical aspect of the aguarunas consists on the fact that they have traditionally worked as a seminomadic population, due to the poverty of the agricultural soil and the extremely elementary agrarian traditional technology, which brings as a consequence the depletion of the ground in a short period of two or three years.

Traditionally they used a spear perfected with pijuayo (palm tree of very hard wood) and the blowpipe for hunting. At present the spear has been almost completely displaced by the shotgun of pellets but they keep on using the blowpipe.

From the hunting pieces, they use the meat, the leather, the skins, the feathers, the teeth and the bones. That is to say, with a double purpose: nutritive and, also, handmade, medicinal and a witchcraft purpose.

They gather wild fruits of some palm trees, like the uvilla and some shrubs. Also buds of palm trees, stems, barks and resins. They extract the leche caspi and gather the honey of wild bees, eatable worms (suris) and coleopterous. Finally, medicinal plants and lianas. They use everything gathered in feeding, in some crafts, in traditional medicine, in witchcraft and as fuel, inside an ancestral pattern of self-sufficiency.

As agricultural instruments, they use the traditional tacarpo (stick with sharp top, made of wood from the palm tree called pijuayo); together with the axe, the machete and the shovel.

The principal crafts are masculine activities like the ropemaking, the basketry, the construction of canoes, the textile; feminine activities like the ceramics and the making of necklaces made of seeds, of insects' small wings and beads. The males make crowns of exquisite feathers as well as cotton ribbons in whose ends they places feathers and human hair. These adornments are kept in cartridges of bamboo.

Between the aguarunas, there is the traditional institution of mutual help known in their language as ipáámu, which works principally in the construction of young couples' housing, in the cleanliness of the small farms and, with less frequency, in sowing the yuca and peanut.

Unlike many other cultural groups in what is now Peru, the Aguaruna were never successfully conquered by the Inca, although there are accounts of attempts to extend into the territory by Incas Huayna Capac and Tupac Inca Yupanqui.

The Spanish conquistadors first encountered the Aguaruna in 1549 when the towns of Jaén de Bracamoros and Santa Maria de Nieva were founded. Fifty years later, a rebellion among the indigenous people of the region forced the Spaniards out of the area. An agricultural colony was later established at Borja in 1865. Attempts by Dominican and Jesuit missionaries to convert the Aguarunas were largely unsuccessful.

Traditionally, the economy of the Aguaruna is based mostly on hunting, fishing and subsistence agriculture. However, over the last few decades they have increasingly become engaged in various market activities. Some communities now cultivate rice, coffee, cocoa and bananas for sale, either in local markets or for transport to coastal cities like Chiclayo. Maintenance of the transandean oil pipeline and the medicinal plant industry also play roles in the local economy.

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-05-2006, 10:56
Here are just some short historicall previews on SOME factions (i will add more).

Of course, if something cames out of this mod, some of this factions will be "civilised" (Inca, Chimu, Quito, Chachapoyas), some will be somewhat less (Mapuche, for example), and other will be similar to the barbarians from vannila, whith a low-tech tree, fewer units, etc. ~;)

Historicall acuracy is the first goal.

ByzantineKnight
10-05-2006, 14:25
This is for 1.5 RTW right?

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-05-2006, 19:11
Of course... for RTW 1.5 ~:)

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-05-2006, 19:52
Maybe Aymara will be added :

The Aymara are a native ethnic group in the Andes region of South America; about 2.3 million live in Bolivia, Peru, Northern Chile, and Northern Argentina (in particular in Salta Province). They lived in the region for many centuries before becoming a subject people of the Inca, and later of the Spanish in the 16th century.

History

The Aymara have existed in the Andes in what is now Bolivia (and, to a lesser extent, Peru) for over 2,000 years, according to some estimates. Some scholars, and many Aymara themselves, associate them with the highly advanced civilization centered at Tiwanaku, though due to the lack of written history this cannot be proven conclusively, and does not fit with the linguistic evidence. The region where Tiwanaku and the modern Aymara are located, the Altiplano, was conquered by the Incas under Huayna Capac (reign 1483-1523), although the exact date of this takeover is unknown. It is most likely that the Inca had a strong influence over the Aymara region for some time. The architecture for which the Inca are now known is clearly modeled after the Tiwanaku style. Though conquered by the Inca, the Aymara retained some degree of autonomy under the empire. There were a number of ethnic groups which were later to be known Aymara by the Spanish. These were divided upon different chieftainties. These included the Charqa, Qharaqhara, Quillaca, Asanaqui, Carangas, Sivaroyos, Haracapi, Pacajes, Lupacas, Soras, among others. Upon arrival of the Spanish, all these groups were spread in what today is Bolivia. Looking at the history of the languages, however, rather than their current distribution, it is clear that Aymara was once spoken much further north, at least as far north as central Peru, where most Andean linguists feel it is most likely that Aymara originated (see 'Geography' below). In fact, the Inca nobility may themselves originally have been Aymara-speakers, who switched to Quechua only shortly before the Inca expansion: the Cuzco area has many Aymara placenames, and the so-called 'Secret language of the Incas' actually appears to be a form of Aymara.

Geography

Most present day Aymara-speakers live in the Lake Titicaca region also known as the Altiplano, and are concentrated south of the lake. The capital of the ancient Aymara civilization was the city of Chucuito, located on the shore of Lake Titicaca about 120 miles south-east of the modern city of Puno. The present urban center of the Aymara region is El Alto, a 750,000-person city near the Bolivian capital La Paz. In addition, numerous Aymara live and work as campesinos in the surrounding Altiplano. The Aymara language does have one surviving relative, spoken by a small, isolated group of about 1000 people far to the north in the mountains inland from Lima in Central Peru (in and around the village of Tupe, Yauyos province, Lima department). This language, known as Jaqaru/Kawki, is of the same family as Aymara, indeed some linguists refer to it as 'Central Aymara', alongside the main 'Southern Aymara' branch of the family spoken in the Titicaca region.

Culture

The native language of the Aymara is also named Aymara; in addition, many Aymara speak Spanish, which is the dominant language of the countries in which they live, as a second language. The Aymara flag is known as the Wiphala; it consists of seven colors quilted together with diagonal stripes. Aymara have grown and chewed coca plants for centuries, and used its leaves in traditional medicine as well as in ritual offerings to the sun god Inti and the earth goddess Pachamama. Over the last century, this has brought them into conflict with state authorities who have carried out coca eradication plans in order to prevent the creation of the drug cocaine, which is created by extracting the chemical from coca leaves in a complex chemical process. Coca plays a profound role in the indigenous religions of both the Aymara and the Quechua, and in more recent times has become a symbol of cultural identity.

INCA titles, ancilliaries, etc

Sapa inca = Faction Leader
Inca = name of the royal tribe, actually...
Amautas = wise man
Yachakuq runa= young novice
apos = guvernor of one of the 4 major provinces
tukurikuq = local leaders

Lower levels of administration : Hunu Kuraqa , Qaranga Kuraqa, Pachacak Kuraqa, Chunca kamayuk.

Quipucamayocs (Quechua khipu kamayuq, "khipu-authority"), the one trained to read and deschiper the Quipus

AYMARA titles, anciliaries

Apu Malku = faction leader

MAPUCHE titles, anciliaries

Lonco = faction leader
Toqui = title for the one choosen as a leader in war.

Belgolas
10-05-2006, 21:01
I think this would be a great mod but I would wait until M2TW comes out. It has more features and in a whole would be better.

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-05-2006, 21:13
I think this would be a great mod but I would wait until M2TW comes out. It has more features and in a whole would be better.

Hmm, i thought about it also, quite alot frankly... howewer, there are some issues to be taken into the account:

1. MTW 2 will be deffinetly great, but whe do not know how "moddable" will it be. Until the first mods for it may appear and the first known steps to create a mod, it may pass a year or so from now.

2. Precolumbian SouthAmerican civilisations taken as a whole, are much more similar to those of Ancient Europe/Ancient MiddleEast than to those of Medieval Europe. Making an Inca Mode for the MTW 2 will probably mean, for the sake of historicall acuracy, to mod out many of the new inovative features of MTW 2 which cannot be addapted very nicely to a precolumbian setting (that is why i think the Aztecs are not playable in Campaign Map in MTW 2), so it would mean a backdropp. Howewer, putting Inca Total War on RTW/BI engine, will use the game engine to its maximum capabilities.

GiantMonkeyMan
10-05-2006, 21:58
remember that there are going to be aztecs in M2TW... or is incan and aztec warfare so completely different? also i was under the impression that M2TW would be probably as moddable as RTW :juggle2:
but besides from that, there was(is?) Age of Mankind, a mod which took the greatest powers of a region in the world and made a faction for them... i believe they had made a few incan and a few aztec units

also i think this is a great idea for a mod and so good luck :2thumbsup:
GMM

edit: i would also urge you to keep the number of factions to a minimum, since with M2TW on its way then interest in a RTW mod would die out as the newer game comes into play

ByzantineKnight
10-06-2006, 05:09
We still need a modeler if anyone is intrested.

ByzantineKnight
10-06-2006, 12:29
Here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=536759) is the mod some one mentioned (the multi-culture one)

And here is a possible Incan Unit List

Range Units

Huaraca
Tangul
Waraqa
Hacha Ch'anyita
Chuki Ch'anyita
Boleadora
Avestrucera

Infantry

Chasquis
Yachakuq Runa
Champi Chuki
Anta Chuki
Qurichisqa Chuki
Hacha
Waqtana
Anta Waqtana
Awqalli
Awqapuriq
Champis

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-06-2006, 13:00
Very good !
Here is how some of the units should look like :

http://www.theperuguide.com/grafica/inca_warriors.gif

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/incas/inca-warriors.jpg

It would be good if some of the modders from that other mod should agree to give us some material, or why not ? Some help !!

edit: i would also urge you to keep the number of factions to a minimum, since with M2TW on its way then interest in a RTW mod would die out as the newer game comes into play

Good advice ! Whe have already finished the number of factions which will be in the mod... very few , but very different... from the Mapuche Araucans to the Incans and Chimu, including one ferociuous Amazonian tribe !

was under the impression that M2TW would be probably as moddable as RTW

If it is the case and if whe will have the posibilityes, whe shall port the mod, later, to MTW 2.

also i think this is a great idea for a mod and so good luck
GMM

Thank you very much !

ByzantineKnight
10-06-2006, 13:55
Very good !
Here is how some of the units should look like

I can't model units, we need some one else... or a very good, thorough n00b based tutorial.

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-06-2006, 15:37
I can't model units, we need some one else... or a very good, thorough n00b based tutorial.

Lets just hope that we will have both of them.... ~;)

Or at least some people whith experience in moding to act as advisors.... even if they will not implicate in the mod.

ByzantineKnight
10-06-2006, 15:53
Lets just hope that we will have both of them.... ~;)

:laugh4:

cegorach
10-06-2006, 16:13
Here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=536759) is the mod some one mentioned (the multi-culture one)

And here is a possible Incan Unit List

Range Units

Huaraca
Tangul
Waraqa
Hacha Ch'anyita
Chuki Ch'anyita
Boleadora
Avestrucera

Infantry

Chasquis
Yachakuq Runa
Champi Chuki
Anta Chuki
Qurichisqa Chuki
Hacha
Waqtana
Anta Waqtana
Awqalli
Awqapuriq
Champis

I recently was doing some extensive research about armies of american tribes and empires, however I never could find so detailed information about the Inca. Could you possibly explein the roster to me using PM if necessary.

I found a couple of websides related to this subject and maybe I found something you didn't spot. PM me if you want them.
I really am interested in your roster.:inquisitive:

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-06-2006, 20:39
We badly, but very badly need some modders around here....

I am willing to offer my help to anyone interested in historicall research... all we ask for exchange is help.... help in creating those models, and the map....

It would be sad if this mod is going to die ~:mecry: ~:mecry: ~:mecry:

cegorach
10-06-2006, 21:57
Sadly Pike and Musket cannot offer any assistance on RTW engine - I am interested in adding the Inca to MP edition of Pike and Musket 2.0 ( for MTW VI) and there is little or no possibility of using them for MTW2 edition at all.

I can however place some links in the forums I am in ( 9 of those) - if you have anything specific I should post tell me, please.

Here are two research links which might be useful

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/luke/ueda-sarson/MapucheDBM.html

http://www.btinternet.com/~alan.catherine/wargames/inca.htm

If you could explain your Inca roster to me (use PM if you don't wan't to disclose too much) I would be greateful - I mean all the data useful for adding them as units or selecting a part of those for this use.:book:

ByzantineKnight
10-07-2006, 02:06
I recently was doing some extensive research about armies of american tribes and empires, however I never could find so detailed information about the Inca. Could you possibly explein the roster to me using PM if necessary.

Sorry, I forgot the unit types

Range

Huaraca - Slingers
Tangul - Bowmen
Waraqa - Slingers
Hacha Ch'anyita - Throwing Axemen
Chuki Ch'anyita - Javelins
Boleadora - 3-Weight Bolas
Avestrucera - 2-Weight Bolas

Infantry

Chasquis - Messengers (had some millitary training)
Yachakuq Runa - Novices (had some millitary training)
Champi Chuki - Bronze Spears
Anta Chuki - Copper Spears
Qurichisqa Chuki - Noble Golden Spears
Hacha - Axemen
Waqtana - Club
Anta Waqtana - Copper Mace
Awqalli - Club
Awqapuriq - Spear
Champis - Short Axe

Basicly I took the name of the basic weapon they would use and transalated it into Quechua with this (http://www.quechuanetwork.org/dictionary.cfm?lang=e) and a few other resources, Including the Wikipedia entry for Bola *evil grin*

Note: The Awqalli and Awqapuriq are both names for "warrior".

Sadly Pike and Musket cannot offer any assistance on RTW engine - I am interested in adding the Inca to MP edition of Pike and Musket 2.0 ( for MTW VI) and there is little or no possibility of using them for MTW2 edition at all.

Oh well.

cegorach
10-07-2006, 10:19
Hmm I made the following roster for my mod

Aucakpussak - veteran troops.

Inca Levy Warriors

Auquiconna,

Mancopchincuzcos,

Ayllucuzcos,

Cacacuzco. ----> those 4 are the names of 4 major Inca regiments - regular troopers,

Amazon Guards

Inca Nobles - pole-axe

Inca Levy Spearmen

Inca Levy Skirmishers

ByzantineKnight
10-07-2006, 11:07
Hmm I made the following roster for my mod

Aucakpussak - veteran troops.

Inca Levy Warriors

Auquiconna,

Mancopchincuzcos,

Ayllucuzcos,

Cacacuzco. ----> those 4 are the names of 4 major Inca regiments - regular troopers,

Amazon Guards

Inca Nobles - pole-axe

Inca Levy Spearmen

Inca Levy Skirmishers

Can we use the Cacacuzco, Ayllucuzcos, Mancopchincuzcos, Auquiconna, and the Aucakpussak? Our unit tree is somewhat lacking due to the fact that we will have to reuse units for different factions.

Byzantine Knight

Edit:

I can however place some links in the forums I am in ( 9 of those) - if you have anything specific I should post tell me, please.

If you could post that we need modelers or skinners...

Thank You

cegorach
10-07-2006, 12:21
No problem - to both questions.:book:

ByzantineKnight
10-07-2006, 12:42
No problem - to both questions.:book:

Thank You!!

(More updates later)

Edit: if anyone wants to ask a question or join and can't PM use this email inca_total_war@yahoo.com

Murfios
10-09-2006, 18:37
Hi

Good Luck on your mod. There are some games with a few native american units on them, that perhaps you can borrow their skin. One of those is Rise of Nations. Somehow, they developed this greatly detailed unit skins but they can't be admired because of the far camara view.
Some of those units are:

Inti Club Man
Balabom Slinger
and Jaguar Warrior

ByzantineKnight
10-10-2006, 03:32
Hi

Good Luck on your mod. There are some games with a few native american units on them, that perhaps you can borrow their skin. One of those is Rise of Nations. Somehow, they developed this greatly detailed unit skins but they can't be admired because of the far camara view.
Some of those units are:

Inti Club Man
Balabom Slinger
and Jaguar Warrior

Thank You, we may be able to put up camp map screens soon!!

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-10-2006, 20:15
Thank You, we may be able to put up camp map screens soon!

So there is already an existing campaign map ? This is the best news for today, deffinetly !!!

ByzantineKnight
10-11-2006, 03:49
Not yet, mabye by the end of the week though!!

Murfios
10-12-2006, 17:59
Will the camp map have an equal proportion to that of Vanilla RTW? Considering that there where so many towns so close to each other.

Will Mayas, Aztecs, Lencas, Chortiz, and other cultures be there to use as factions?

I heard somewhere there is a mith that states that somewhere in Honduras or Guatemala, Vikings or Norsemen landed there. With them, they brought Milk and some horses. They sold some milk to some natives and settled. The natives, which where not used to milk, drank it and thought it was delicious. They later suffered from stomach pain. Thinking it was poison, they later that night went and killed all the norsemen.

Perhaps, you could include this small camp, with a Horse Stable. And the natives regard them as Demons of Xibalba using them scarcely.

Murfios
10-12-2006, 19:10
remember that there are going to be aztecs in M2TW... or is incan and aztec warfare so completely different? also i was under the impression that M2TW would be probably as moddable as RTW :juggle2:
but besides from that, there was(is?) Age of Mankind, a mod which took the greatest powers of a region in the world and made a faction for them... i believe they had made a few incan and a few aztec units

Aztecs where more savage, and they had a taste for human blood. The land they fought also was different. Aztecs based their warefare on tropical areas, they bashed their enemies in ambushes, mostly because of the thick folige. Inca fought in more open areas. I dont think that the skirmishes that took place where as that of the Romas nor Greeks. Mainly becaused they where not focused on expansion and didn't have Hordes of barbarians on their tails.

and...yeah the Age of Mankind dies out months ago.

ByzantineKnight
10-13-2006, 04:44
and...yeah the Age of Mankind dies out months ago.

When a mod dies, does that make their stuff common domain, or will we have to PM them for permission?

Will the camp map have an equal proportion to that of Vanilla RTW? Considering that there where so many towns so close to each other.

Not sure yet, the internet died before I could get all the things I needed for the maps, so it will be a while longer :(

Will Mayas, Aztecs, Lencas, Chortiz, and other cultures be there to use as factions?

I don't think so, we are already trying to get it out before M2TW and with more factions/cultures it will delay it alot.

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-13-2006, 11:54
I heard somewhere there is a mith that states that somewhere in Honduras or Guatemala, Vikings or Norsemen landed there. With them, they brought Milk and some horses. They sold some milk to some natives and settled. The natives, which where not used to milk, drank it and thought it was delicious. They later suffered from stomach pain. Thinking it was poison, they later that night went and killed all the norsemen.

The map will not cover those areas... the northenmost point will probably be somewhere north of Quito, while the southernmost point will be somewhere near the modern town of Santiago de Chile. To the east, it will go up to the Amazonian jungles in NE, and Tucuman in SE. To the west, the limit will be the Pacific Ocean. ~:)

I don't think so, we are already trying to get it out before M2TW and with more factions/cultures it will delay it alot.

Agree ~;)

Off course, if whe manage to make the mod to work as a beta, many more aditions will be done, such as new cultures, more in depth representation of the already existing ones, historicall battles (we could make some spanish present only in historicall /custom battles as we cannot reproduce the spanish conquest in the campaign) , etc. I`m thinking about historicall battles such as those of Island of Puna , the one from Sacsahuaman between Manco Inca and the Spanish, and Vilacabamba the last stronghold of the Inca, or the campaing of the Mapuche chieftain Lautaro who managed to defeat and stop the spanish expansion, etc.

But, there is a old saying, "never sell the hide of the bear you have`nt hunted yet" ~;) We need a working map, we need units, and most, most of all, we need SUPPORT :help:

Anyone who can help us is more than welcome !

whith respect,
Rex Pelasgorum

Murfios
10-14-2006, 02:41
When a mod dies, does that make their stuff common domain, or will we have to PM them for permission?
Well, you see. The developers of this mod actually never got passed the beta stage, and the modding team disbanded. So if you could actually get a grip of any info, you would be lucky.

historicall battles (we could make some spanish present only in historicall /custom battles as we cannot reproduce the spanish conquest in the campaign) , etc. I`m thinking about historicall battles such as those of Island of Puna , the one from Sacsahuaman between Manco Inca and the Spanish, and Vilacabamba the last stronghold of the Inca, or the campaing of the Mapuche chieftain Lautaro who managed to defeat and stop the spanish expansion, etc.

That sounds great. But if you could actualy include it, how would you make the effects of muskets and cannons(if any where present)?

will need BI?

ByzantineKnight
10-14-2006, 03:27
Well, you see. The developers of this mod actually never got passed the beta stage, and the modding team disbanded. So if you could actually get a grip of any info, you would be lucky.

They had a faction icon/shield that we could use.

That sounds great. But if you could actualy include it, how would you make the effects of muskets and cannons(if any where present)?

We might get some help from the NTW2 team...

will need BI?

No, we will port it to RTW 1.5

Byzantine Knight

Murfios
10-14-2006, 06:32
That great!:2thumbsup:

ByzantineKnight
10-14-2006, 11:55
Almost Finalised Incan Units

Range Units

Huaraca - Fast Heavy Missile - Slingers
Tangul - Fast Missile - Bowmen
Waraqa - Fast Missile - Slingers
Hacha Ch'anyita - Heavy Missile - Axemen
Chuki Ch'anyita - Fast Heavy Missile - Javelins
Boleadora - Fast Heavy Missile - 3-Weight Bolas (Short Range)
Avestrucera - Fast Missile - 2-Weight Bolas (Long Range)

Infantry

Levies

Allpa Llank'aq - Light Infantry - Peasants
Musuq Awqalli - Light Infantry - Levy Troops

Regulars

Cacacuzco - Light Missile Infantry - Sling Before charge, Spear
Ayllucuzcos - Light Infantry - Axe
Mancopchincuzcos - Light Infantry - Spear
Auquiconna - Light Missile Infantry - Sling before charge, Club
Inca Chuki - Light Infantry - Inca Spearmen
Champi Chuki - Light Infantry - Bronze Spears
Anta Chuki - Light Infantry - Copper Spears
Hacha - Heavy Infantry - Axemen
Awqalli - Light Infantry - Club
Awqapuriq - Light Infantry - Spear

Special

Chasquis - Fast Light Infantry - Messengers
Yachakuq Runa - Light Infantry - Novices

Nobles

Qurichisqa Chuki - Heavy Infantry - Noble Golden Spears
Acuakpussak - Heavy Infantry - Veteran Troops
Anta Waqtana - Heavy Infantry - Copper Mace

Almost Finalised Chachapoyas Units

Note: The Chachapoyas were very similar to the Incans, thus the similar Unit Trees.

Range Units

Infantry

Levies

Regulars

Suytu Champis - Heavy Infantry - Large Axe

Nobles

Murfios
10-14-2006, 19:03
The bolas are like slingers?

ByzantineKnight
10-15-2006, 05:17
The bolas are like slingers?

No, 3-weighted bolas which are the most common are basicly a rope split in 3 directions with a weight tied on each end. Wikepedia Article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolas) More Information (http://www.flight-toys.com/bolas.htm)

ByzantineKnight
10-15-2006, 09:29
Almost Finalised Aymara Units

Range

Perdida - Fast Light Missile - 1-Weight Bolas (Long Range)

Infantry

Levies

Regulars

Yawri Chuki - Light Infantry - Copper Spears
Aymara Chuki - Light Infantry - Aymara Spears
Ari Chuki - Heavy Infantry - Heavy Spears
Awqalli - Light Infantry - Clubmen

Nobles

Chuqi Chuki - Heavy Infantry - Golden Spears
Alaec - Heavy Infantry - Warrior Priests

Motep
10-15-2006, 14:58
i have gotten a great pm from byzantineknight, and i would be happy to help you out. i dont know how to skin, and i am using rtw 1.0 so ill have to download...but, once the skins are constructed, ill take care of the rest that entails units.

Motep
10-15-2006, 15:10
note: i can also mod the campaign script, along with research for it. However, i think this mod should encompass some of central armerica, as that played a mojor role in the development of the entire region. Plus, we can give the Aztecs and maya(that is one will be excluded once the time line is sorted out) some north american mercs, such as some from the pueblo and such.maybe we could contact the ones involved in that dead mod and see what they got for skins and such.

Can we not use bi, as i have no way of getting it anytime soon.

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-15-2006, 15:20
i have gotten a great pm from byzantineknight, and i would be happy to help you out. i dont know how to skin, and i am using rtw 1.0 so ill have to download...but, once the skins are constructed, ill take care of the rest that entails units.

Great ! Welcome into the team :bounce: :thumbsup:

Can we not use bi, as i have no way of getting it anytime soon.

The mod will likely be for RTW 1.5 ~;)

. However, i think this mod should encompass some of central armerica, as that played a mojor role in the development of the entire region.

Agree... but making a map to encompass everything from Santiago de Chile up to Rio Grande would be... :stunned:

No, 3-weighted bolas which are the most common are basicly a rope split in 3 directions with a weight tied on each end.

This will be very hard to insert in the game... a special animation would be needed, i guess.

But anyway, the good part is that we are rapidly progressing :sultan:

Motep
10-15-2006, 15:28
no, not all the up to the rio grande, just up to about southern mexico. ill try to find a good map.

Motep
10-15-2006, 15:41
alright i found sme good ones

we only have to go this far up
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/250px-Aztecempirelocation.png
the road system will have to look something like this, with maybe a few added to connect inca and aztec
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/300px-Inca-roads-map.png

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-15-2006, 15:43
http://www.inkanatura.com/coastchiclayotrujillochanchan.asp
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/366

Chan-Chan, the desert city of the CHIMU -;)

http://bruceowen.com/andeanae/and8s21.htm
http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehistory/latinamerica/south/cultures/chimu.html

Kingdom of Chimor (Chimu).

http://www.inkanatura.com/coastchiclayotrujilloelbrujocomplex.asp

About the Moche, the predecesors of Chimu ~;)

http://www.inkanatura.com/coastchiclayotrujillosunandmoontemples.asp

Sun and Moon Pyramid, true wonders of Ancient Peru

I think Chimu, as a desert amerindian culture, will be the most interesting to depict....

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-15-2006, 15:44

Good maps ! ~:)
Lets just hope in 2 week we will have a working map, one way or another ~:)

Motep
10-15-2006, 15:48
they do seem like they would be alot of fun to make. Wed have to give them all of the farming techs, as well as the sewer system, but wed have to rename it and everything, but the pic for it is perfect for their well system.

Motep
10-15-2006, 15:55
about the wonders...they wouls be awesome in the game...however...i have no knowledge of how wonders work.

Motep
10-15-2006, 16:22
i am now installing patch 1.5...il soon be readdy for modding!

Murfios
10-16-2006, 01:40
What I ment about the bolas, is that if they will be used as slings. I dont think the RTW engine suports units being traped. In other games such as Age of Empires III they used this bolas Inca warriors a range unit that simply throws this things(and only kill with them, not trap).

ByzantineKnight
10-16-2006, 03:40
What I ment about the bolas, is that if they will be used as slings. I dont think the RTW engine suports units being traped. In other games such as Age of Empires III they used this bolas Inca warriors a range unit that simply throws this things(and only kill with them, not trap).

That was one of the tricks of the bola, you throw at the neck and the weights come in and crush your head *oww*

about the wonders...they wouls be awesome in the game...however...i have no knowledge of how wonders work.

I can get those, I just need pictures, descriptions, and what wonders we will make.

we only have to go this far up
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/250px-Aztecempirelocation.png
the road system will have to look something like this, with maybe a few added to connect inca and aztec
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/300px-Inca-roads-map.png

We could have these two campaign maps in a later release

It doesn't seem like BDH will do the map for us, so if anyone is interested in helping they can go here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39035) for the tutorial.

Byzantine Knight

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-16-2006, 13:51
That was one of the tricks of the bola, you throw at the neck and the weights come in and crush your head *oww*

We would need a good animation for it... for the Sarbakana also.... ~:(

I can get those, I just need pictures, descriptions, and what wonders we will make.

Hopefully, in a few days we will have them !

I propose :

THE WATER AQUEDUCTS OF NAZCA

http://www.inkas.com/tours/jpg_files/jpg_photos/nazca_lines/nazca_aqueduct.jpg

+ Farming
+ Happiness

THE RUINS OF TIAHUANACO

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Travel/Pix/gallery/2001/05/29/tiahuanaco.gif

+ Happiness

ISLA DEL SOL(we must find the native name of it,that monastery from Titicaca whith the Inca Virgin women)

http://www.raphaelk.co.uk/web%20pics/Bolivia/second/Titicaca/isla-del-sol-sunset.jpg

+ Happines

ORACLE OF RIMAC (that piramid which was used also as a oracle, see Garcilaso de Vega)

I didnt find any relevant images , only these, whith an excavation site.

http://www.naya.org.ar/congreso/img/concha7.jpg

+ Happines

PYRAMID OF THE SUN

http://www.tiwy.com/pais/peru/viajes/piramidesol_t.jpg

+ Happines

SALAR DE UYUNI (great salt fields,etc)

http://www.andes-adventures.com/boliviasalar003.JPG

+ Trade

These are some of the possible wonders which could be included in the mod... ~;)

Motep
10-16-2006, 13:55
hmmm...the site load didnt work...so I cant do it.

but about the wonders:
Hauca del la luna (pyramid of the sun)
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/daypyramid.jpg
Hauca del sol (pyramid of the moon)
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/350px-Huaca_Sol_lou.jpg

and once again, wikipedia has all the info youll need!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huaca_de_la_Luna

Im pretty sure all the other wonders could be found on wikipedia as well.

ByzantineKnight
10-16-2006, 15:02
Ok, thanks guys!!

caravel
10-16-2006, 15:32
Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca , altough it presents the facts from a catholic (bust still indian...) point of view.

Can I recommend John Hemming's "Conquests of the Incas" and WH Prescott's "History of the Conquest of Peru". Garcilaso de la Vega was what was commonly termed at the time as a "mestizo", that is a "half blood", and did make use of some poetic license. Necessary reading though of course.

I expect the earliest culture you'll be dealing with is Moche which should make your task somewhat easier, though not much.

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-16-2006, 17:39
Good images, Motep :happy:

I expect the earliest culture you'll be dealing with is Moche which should make your task somewhat easier, though not much.

Actually not Moche, but Chimu. Chimu is, technically, a sort of Late Moche... ~;) From my readings, it will be for certain the most interesting culture to depict...

Also, about Chachapoyas : www.chachapoyas.com (http://www.chachapoyas.com) ~:)

Motep
10-17-2006, 00:25
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muisca

This one was in columbia, and yes...it WAS a spainish-conquest era nation.
Called the Muisca.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guaran%C3%AD
These are the Guarani, who occupied the area between panama and the amazon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaguitas
These guys, the Diaguitas, had a barbaric-like organized tribe thing going on. They lived the area of Argentina.

Motep
10-17-2006, 00:35
We are practically flying through this thing...hopefully we can sort out the basics (maps, backrounds,a few texts, ect) by the end of the month.

p.s i cannot get the map program to load up...hopefully i can get it to work by tomorrow...or maybe the weekend.

ByzantineKnight
10-17-2006, 05:46
We are practically flying through this thing...hopefully we can sort out the basics (maps, backrounds,a few texts, ect) by the end of the month.

p.s i cannot get the map program to load up...hopefully i can get it to work by tomorrow...or maybe the weekend.

So you will work on the map!! If you look here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39035) it might help.

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-17-2006, 09:43
With the map, i thing the first thing to do is to make a phisicall map, then adding provinces... but we need to put our hands on some gray scale height maps of South America... then all could be done very easily.Theoretically it could work at leas as easy as the method used by Bdh.

Also, there is a program which converts tga into hgt files.... a map wont work withouth a hgt ,as the hgt gives to the game engine all the information about heights, etc.

ByzantineKnight
10-17-2006, 11:57
but we need to put our hands on some gray scale height maps of South America...

Like this (https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n252/Lord_Elurin/W100S10.gif)?

Motep
10-17-2006, 12:28
No, i cant do the map...my computer wont load the program for it.

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-17-2006, 16:17
Like this?

No, because the mountains have dark shadows....
We need such a greyscale map in which the terrain appears as the map_heigths.tga from the map folder in RTW.... ~:(

If we could get such a map, with Photoshop making a map would be very, very, easy ~:)

Motep
10-18-2006, 01:58
Byzantine Knight, that tutorial you found is for making the grayscale image.

do you know if i should get started on the units, such as formulating descriptions and stats?

Murfios
10-18-2006, 02:31
:balloon2:
this works?

https://img119.imageshack.us/img119/21/murfiosgreymapyt1.th.jpg (https://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=murfiosgreymapyt1.jpg)

https://img383.imageshack.us/img383/9253/murfiosgreymap2dq8.th.jpg (https://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=murfiosgreymap2dq8.jpg)

Motep
10-18-2006, 02:57
No, because the mountains have dark shadows....
We need such a greyscale map in which the terrain appears as the map_heigths.tga from the map folder in RTW.... ~:(

If we could get such a map, with Photoshop making a map would be very, very, easy ~:)

evedenitly and very sadly thats a no Murfios. However, we woild love for you to join us in this mod.

Murfios
10-18-2006, 03:40
sure! thx

If we could transform one of RTW maps into a south american one, would it be usable?
I belive it is posible, although extremely difficult.

ByzantineKnight
10-18-2006, 03:42
Byzantine Knight, that tutorial you found is for making the grayscale image.

Yes, it will allow us to get the grayscale, then:

With the map, i thing the first thing to do is to make a phisicall map, then adding provinces... but we need to put our hands on some gray scale height maps of South America... then all could be done very easily.Theoretically it could work at leas as easy as the method used by Bdh.

do you know if i should get started on the units, such as formulating descriptions and stats?

If you want, just email me here (inca_total_war@yahoo.com) with the results everyday, I'll put them in the install I have for Inca Total War and use RTW units for testing.

sure! thx

You'll join??

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-18-2006, 11:29
We will have to use the system of BDh... i would make it myself, but i am not at all good at using photoshop....:embarassed:

If we could transform one of RTW maps into a south american one, would it be usable?
I belive it is posible, although extremely difficult.

It would be possible, off course ~:)
It wouldnt be difficult for someone who knows how to use Photoshop... the problems will be with the accuracy, but the small tweaks could be made with the Map Editor ~;)

Actually, making the map of South America would be extremely difficult, due to the Andes.... the entire area is extremely rugged, and it cannot be compared by any means with any mountain range from the standard map of Europe...

Howewer, i have seen some time ago people making the Hindukush, and Himalayas for theyr maps... it could be possible to create an accurate andean region. ~;)

Motep
10-18-2006, 12:56
email en route...Yawri Chuki finished...-skins

Motep
10-18-2006, 13:44
I am thinking about making a news thread for this mod, so others can more easily see what we need.

Murfios, what can you do?

ByzantineKnight
10-18-2006, 14:38
email en route...Yawri Chuki finished...-skins

Ok, thanks. I'll try them out.

Murfios
10-18-2006, 21:36
Im photoshop expert
and can do some skinning
somehow, I managed to get a grip of 3d studio max.

Murfios
10-18-2006, 21:54
You'll join??

I would be most happy to.

Motep
10-19-2006, 00:35
oh goodie...we really needed a skinner

ByzantineKnight
10-19-2006, 02:05
Yes!!!

Motep
10-19-2006, 02:40
I have started the news thread and I should have a couple more units ready by 10:00.

ByzantineKnight
10-19-2006, 02:50
I have started the news thread and I should have a couple more units ready by 10:00.

Thats good news, I will finish up the wonders (if I can) soon.

Im photoshop expert
and can do some skinning

Thats great, could you try to skin a unit of bronze spears for a uncivilised faction using mabye warband to start, they should be south american guys.

Since we cannot model, we will have to use RTW skeletons.

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-19-2006, 08:01
Im photoshop expert
and can do some skinning

Transforming some Egyptians into Inca`s would be awesome...
RTW vannila egyptians could be very easilyly transformed into Inca`s....
And if we get the Gupta`s from Arbaces, we could have skinned most of the basic units frm the mod ~;)

I would say Nile Spearmen for Inca Bronze Spears. ~;)

ByzantineKnight
10-19-2006, 09:47
I would say Nile Spearmen for Inca Bronze Spears. ~;)

Ok, that would work better, but we have to take off the phalnix.

Motep
10-19-2006, 12:53
no problem, all you have to do is erase the word phalanx from the formation line and remove the attributes from the weapon. Almost finished Ayamara infantry...latest results are with Byzantine over here. The Aleaca will be tricky...

ByzantineKnight
10-19-2006, 14:18
no problem, all you have to do is erase the word phalanx from the formation line and remove the attributes from the weapon. Almost finished Ayamara infantry...latest results are with Byzantine over here. The Aleaca will be tricky...

Ok, I'll look at the Ayamara Infantry as soon as possable. You could get the levies or peasants next instead of the Aleaca.

Motep
10-19-2006, 14:40
except for bolas and the awqalli the Aymara roster is complete (i have no idea what to put as the weapon for the bolas or the awqalli, so ill wait for the skins to show before i do them).
the results have been sent to byzantine. Ill start on the incan units later today.

Caius
10-19-2006, 20:05
I am watching the Inca Total News and I want to make a campaign map.

I can help you.I only need to know what changes to the imperial campaign.

Regards

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-19-2006, 21:06
I am watching the Inca Total News and I want to make a campaign map.

You are more then welcome, Caius !

I can help you.I only need to know what changes to the imperial campaign.

Basically, the map will cover a large part of South America... from the northern Ecuador, to the middle Chile (aproximattely to were stands today the modern Santiago de Chile). To the east, the limits will be the Amazonian jungle (NorthEast), respectively the western part of Argentina , with the city of Tucuman in the (SouthEast). So, it will cover entirely Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador, and also large chunks of Chile and Argentina. ~;)

Motep
10-19-2006, 22:12
so the news thread IS doing some good.

Caius
10-19-2006, 22:28
So, it will cover entirely Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador, and also large chunks of Chile and Argentina. ~;)
Hey, thats my country!:2thumbsup:

Ok, I am making the map

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-19-2006, 22:33
Hey, thats my country!

Perfect ! And the mod will represent the history of your country ! ~;)
Also, in a future expansion we will make about the spanish conquista, and more historicall stuff ~;)

Thanh you very much for your support !!!

Indeed, Motep, great idea about the news project !

Murfios
10-19-2006, 22:45
ok I will try to skin egyptian spear. Anything I should try to include?

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-19-2006, 22:57
ok I will try to skin egyptian spear. Anything I should try to include?

Very good Murfios !In the begining of the topic, the first page, there are some images of Inca Warriors, in color.... they could be a good inspiration ~;) Also, i think if you could manage a way to skin some of those awesome Incan tunics....

Howewer, i think whe should not do what the CA has done, and dont make very strongly collored units... colors with a more moderated intensity give more realistic feeling ~;)

Caius
10-19-2006, 23:17
Perfect ! And the mod will represent the history of your country ! ~;)
Also, in a future expansion we will make about the spanish conquista, and more historicall stuff ~;)

Thanh you very much for your support !!!

Indeed, Motep, great idea about the news project !
I am glad of help you.
I can be historian(Second grade of the school to today, I'm always seeing la conquista española)
EDIT:This remember me the America:Total War mod.
I have some files of the map.

Regards

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-19-2006, 23:27
I am glad of help you.
I can be historian(Second grade of the school to today, I'm always seeing la conquista española)

And we are glad you joined our mod.

We will need help , also in history, and considering the fact that you really live in that area, you could help us alot as you have acces to more info. Help on the minor factions would be great... ~;)

EDIT:This remember me the America:Total War mod.

Actually, we attempt to make the first historically accurate representation of the South American History in a game.... ~:)

Caius
10-19-2006, 23:51
I'm not starting today, homework is killing me(literally)

Regards

Motep
10-20-2006, 02:20
im inclined to agree...homework is piling up on me...still, highest average in the grade!:2thumbsup:

something is wrong with my Alaec unit and the pre_used (bastarne, i cant spell it) skin i gave it doesnt work and the game ctds when it attacks...so byzantine will have to test that unit.

Murfios
10-20-2006, 03:02
can someone please put the nile spearmen skin here, Im goint to be several days withought my desktop, and I dont have RTW instaled into it. Sry I take so long, im cramed with HW....

ByzantineKnight
10-20-2006, 05:37
can someone please put the nile spearmen skin here, Im goint to be several days withought my desktop, and I dont have RTW instaled into it. Sry I take so long, im cramed with HW....

I'll upload it to File Front.

something is wrong with my Alaec unit and the pre_used (bastarne, i cant spell it) skin i gave it doesnt work and the game ctds when it attacks...so byzantine will have to test that unit.

I'll get on it soon, I have to finish school though.

Hey, thats my country!:2thumbsup:

Ok, I am making the map

Welcome!! Glad to have you with us!!

Edit: Skin Uploaded, here is the link.

Note to Mods: I will remove the link as soon as Murfios is done with it, if it infringes on copyrights.

except for bolas and the awqalli the Aymara roster is complete (i have no idea what to put as the weapon for the bolas or the awqalli, so ill wait for the skins to show before i do them).
the results have been sent to byzantine. Ill start on the incan units later today.

Put the bolas as slingers, since they have almost the same throwing action as slingers.
We could make the stones into bolas, and the slings into bolas as well!!

Motep
10-20-2006, 12:59
okay, ill get right on it...i think ill make the clubmen into falxmen...

ByzantineKnight
10-20-2006, 14:10
okay, ill get right on it...i think ill make the clubmen into falxmen...

Ok, I've sent you the test results for the units.

Edit: About the wonders, you cannot change their effect, so which wonders should have what effect?

Caius
10-20-2006, 18:33
CF is back and starting now.
If you want to contact me, only add me in the Msn Messenger

Caius
10-20-2006, 18:34
im inclined to agree...homework is piling up on me...still, highest average in the grade!:2thumbsup:

Any RTW message of CTD?

Motep
10-20-2006, 22:34
None at all. It only gives a message when I have a problem with the Horses.

Caius
10-20-2006, 23:42
post it in the Modding questions.

Murfios
10-21-2006, 02:10
Put the bolas as slingers, since they have almost the same throwing action as slingers.
We could make the stones into bolas, and the slings into bolas as well!!
Told Ya!!!~:)

Got the skin, you can take down the link now. Thanks! :bow: :bow: :bow:

ByzantineKnight
10-21-2006, 02:21
Link is taken off.

post it in the Modding questions.

I think all you have to do is change the draw distance for the unit (that is if you are talking about the warrior priests turning white when you are zoomed in)

Edit:
Motep and Rex: could you PM me your Windows Messenger/Skype name if you have them.

Motep
10-21-2006, 05:09
I dont have an instant messenger...

Murfios
10-21-2006, 05:23
Skinning in RTW is so hard! Question, do I need to have RTW instaled to be able to use Vercitorx estractor?

Motep
10-21-2006, 05:39
No, it is put in a folder wherever you wish, but it is meant for rome total war.

ByzantineKnight
10-21-2006, 06:28
I dont have an instant messenger...

Gah :(

By the way, just to give the members a heads up...

Bad News: Begining December 18 to January 18 I cannot take part in modding :(

Good News: We are going on vacation to the beach!!

Better News: This is not perminant, I will be back!!

Filibustería
10-21-2006, 15:00
hello, i've been waiting for someone to make south-american mod for a long time!

If you Are going to do the mapuche, i can help with information and unit types:yes:

Caius
10-21-2006, 15:43
Welcome to the org!

Do you know skinning?If yes, you can join our team

Regards

CF

Filibustería
10-21-2006, 17:25
im sorry i can't skin:oops: but, as i said, i can provide information, like town andleader names, as well as units suggestions about the mapuche, if you want.

Filibustería
10-21-2006, 17:32
and Im not looking for joining a team, because i don't know anything about modding(except what is a mod), im only trying to help, because all the other american mods died

Caius
10-21-2006, 19:37
A nadie le intereso la idea de America-Total War, asi que murio el mod

No one is interested in the idea of A:TW, so the mod died

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-21-2006, 21:17
Motep and Rex: could you PM me your Windows Messenger/Skype name if you have them.

Only Yahoo Messenger... ~:(

Bad News: Begining December 18 to January 18 I cannot take part in modding :(
Good News: We are going on vacation to the beach!!
Better News: This is not perminant, I will be back!!

I guess during the winter holydays some of us will take a little break ~:)
Hope you will enjoy it !

hello, i've been waiting for someone to make south-american mod for a long time!

You are in ~;)

If you Are going to do the mapuche, i can help with information and unit types

Mapuche will be a playable faction... and we do need lots of historicall information about them, especially regarding their army.It was probably the best army fielded by any South American faction in real history.

Also, their relatives from Argentina, the Diaguita will be in the game.

No one is interested in the idea of A:TW, so the mod died

It is good that despite the general lack of interest, some people like us are interested. Howewer, it is very hard to get any real historically accurate information about them, and that is why most of the mods representing native american factions died out.

I planned for a long time to gather people to make mods to represent some of the many neglected faction/cultures/areas. First, i thought to gather people to make a Dacia Mod, to represent my ancestors and one of the most original ancient cultures of Europe wich was badly mistreated in vannila RTW .Howewer, the EB and RTR with the mod of Arbaces and the previous Dacia Total War practically "solved" the Dacian issue, and i decided then to gather people to make the first historically accurate representation in a game of Pre-columbian South America, including historicall battles of the Spanish Conquista. ~;)

We could contact some members of America Total War, and ask them for a bit of help... maybe some units, some skins...

Caius
10-21-2006, 21:21
hello,

are you talking with the leader of America:total War.
It never started.

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-21-2006, 21:40
are you talking with the leader of America:total War.
It never started.

You could consider ITW as a sort of ATW "reborned" ~:)
This is our chance...

Caius
10-21-2006, 21:43
Yes, it is ATW reborned
400 posts!!!

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-21-2006, 21:46
Yes, it is ATW reborned
400 posts!!!

And over 1000 visitors....
And many promises of help and support !! ~;)

Caius
10-21-2006, 22:05
Mapuche will be a playable faction... and we do need lots of historicall information about them, especially regarding their army.It was probably the best army fielded by any South American faction in real history.

I only found they use bow.We need more :help:

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-21-2006, 22:11
Mapuche will be difficult to make, and especially to balance... they were the best fighters around South America, defeated both Inca and Spanish.

We need real help here....:help: :help:

Caius
10-22-2006, 01:02
This is the Advance of Inca:Total War:

Faction List

Augaruna
Aymara
Chachapoyas
Chimu
Diaguita
Mapuche
The Incan Empire

Progress

Campaign map : 40%
Campaign balancing : 0%
Units graphics : 0%
Balancing/unit stats : 14%
Music/new sounds : 0%
Gui/Loading screens/icons : 5%
Descriptions/Unit cards : 0%
It will be refreshed

Filibustería
10-22-2006, 03:53
Thank you for letting me in.(And sorry for this long post)
First let me say that the mapuche were not the best army: They defeated both spanish and inca because they chose to fight on difficult terrain and they usually outnumbered the enemy. But when Lautaro came, everything changed: Lautaro (The real name is Leftraru) was captured in a battle between spaniards and mapuche when he was just a boy. He became the personal assistant of Pedro de Valdivia, the Conquistador of Chile. He quickly learned the spanish battle tactics and weapons, and learned how to use a horse. In the battle of Tucapel Fort(I think) he served as an auxilliary indian, but the love for his people was stronger and he betrayed Valdivia. He encouraged the fleeing mapuche to fight for their freedom, ans killed a spanish warrior to give them more valour. Soon Valdivia's forces were surrounded and defeated. Leftraru was elected as Toqui (general) by the mapuche Senate of Loncos. he introduced the horse as a weapon for the mapuhe, who quickly mastered the art os riding. He introduces oganized formations, 6-7 meter long pikes to stop enemy cavalry, cannons and leather armour, as well of spanish tactics and how to fortify a good place. It's a shame that you aren't going to do the conquista times, because they would be (the mapuche) much more interesting.:embarassed:

Anyway, tyhe mapuche army before the spanish came was composed of:
Missile units:
-Boleadora( or bolas)
-Mapuche Long Bow(2 meters long)
infantry:
-Clubmen(Light infantry)
"Macana" warriors(Heavy infantry): the macanas were a very long and very wide two handed weapon made of wood, with one side arched. they were extremely powerful and trasspased every armour.
-Spearmen: whith 2-3 meter long spears, hardened wood point. I dont know what are they gonna be used for whithout cavalry in the game.
-stone axemen(heavy infantry)

You could make sopme paesants or militia, i dont know.

Now let me tell you some names:
Important: CACIQUE is not a mapuche word. its a bad used word for most historians. The mapuche chieftain was called LONCO(head) and the military chieftain was called TOQUI(?)
CONA or KONA was the mapuche word for warrior. Every warrior especialized in One weapon; an archer would never use a macana and viceversa.
The CUGA was the family or tribe's Totem, the PILLÁN was the common ancestor for all the mapuche.
-Some mapuche leader names:
LEFTRARU
CAUPOLICÁN
GALVARINO
QUILAPÁN
PELANTARU
COLO COLO
AUCÁN
HUILCAMÁN
ONGOLMO
RENCO
ELICURA
-Some mapuche towns(mapuche didn't named their towns, but the chilean goverment named various towns with mapuche name):
TEMUCO
ANGOL
VITACURA
CURICÓ
LONCOMIL

And one LAST:yes: Thing: If the Inca Empire was divided in 4 rgions, Should it be possible to replace the 4 roman factios with them, with the main region giving missions to the other, as a "Senate"?

Thanks

Filibustería
10-22-2006, 04:03
do you already have some other factions unit images?
I forgot to told you that the mapuche naver conformed a united nation, and they were constantly in war with each other (aAs the Celts in Europe) but they were strongly united by a feeling of brotherhood. They loved their land and the respected they neighbour's land, the conquest idea was not in their minds and they never understood it.

and another unit coul be the machi, female driuds and medics who did not fight, but i think ive seen non fighting priests in RTW:BI

ByzantineKnight
10-22-2006, 07:07
Welcome to the Mod Filibustería!!

This (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rehue/art/far1.html) might help for Mapuche research.

And one LAST:yes: Thing: If the Inca Empire was divided in 4 rgions, Should it be possible to replace the 4 roman factios with them, with the main region giving missions to the other, as a "Senate"?

Thanks

No, we are going to have the Incans as a single entity, the difficulty of orginising the Inca into 4 seperate factions would be a nightmare. But each of those regions will be able to recruit a unique infantry unit (not recruitable anywhere else)

do you already have some other factions unit images?
I forgot to told you that the mapuche naver conformed a united nation, and they were constantly in war with each other (aAs the Celts in Europe) but they were strongly united by a feeling of brotherhood

Rome Total War 1.5 does not have the ability to depict seperate parts of the same faction acting in unison :(

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-22-2006, 09:02
It's a shame that you aren't going to do the conquista times, because they would be (the mapuche) much more interesting.

These will be as historicall/custom battles . ~;)

Rome Total War 1.5 does not have the ability to depict seperate parts of the same faction acting in unison :(

But we could tweak their diplomatic relation with the Diaguita ~:) Diaguita were an off-shot of the Mapuche living in NW Argentina around Tucuman.

ByzantineKnight
10-22-2006, 09:34
But we could tweak their diplomatic relation with the Diaguita ~:) Diaguita were an off-shot of the Mapuche living in NW Argentina around Tucuman.

I can tell the AI how well the other factions are liked e.g. Incans will be more likely to ally with the Chachapoyas (who they called their brothers) then they would with Mapuche.

Filibustería
10-22-2006, 13:16
[QUOTE=Rex_Pelasgorum]These will be as historicall/custom battles . ~;)

But we could tweak their diplomatic relation with the Diaguita ~:) Diaguita were an off-shot of the Mapuche living in NW Argentina around Tucuman.[/QUOI think that the Diaguita lived in northern Chile, too. They were good warrios, but they weren`t in contact with the mapuche in Chile, they were separated by many tribes, from the diaguita desert to the mapuche green forests and swamps.

Motep
10-22-2006, 15:17
Welcome to the Mod Filibustería!!

This (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rehue/art/far1.html) might help for Mapuche research.

No, we are going to have the Incans as a single entity, the difficulty of orginising the Inca into 4 seperate factions would be a nightmare. But each of those regions will be able to recruit a unique infantry unit (not recruitable anywhere else)

Actually it would be possible...but it is near impossible for us to construct a "senate", but we can make the Inca a united group of 4 factions just by editing the descr_strat file.

Caius
10-22-2006, 19:59
Actually it would be possible...but it is near impossible for us to construct a "senate", but we can make the Inca a united group of 4 factions just by editing the descr_strat file.
It is possible to make a "Inca nation", and one can be The Inca Senate, but the missions and the rewards?

Byzantine, send me the names of the troops.

MaddMann
10-22-2006, 21:27
How can so many people be interested in an ATW. That is so uninteresting!

Filibustería
10-22-2006, 21:35
" questions:

Do you already have the pre-battle speeches? i mean at least written?

What factions of rtw are you going to use for each faction?

Caius
10-22-2006, 22:53
No one is interested in ATW

ByzantineKnight
10-23-2006, 03:47
Byzantine, send me the names of the troops.

Which ones?

" questions:

What factions of rtw are you going to use for each faction?

No, we do not have the pre-battle speaches :shame:

The Factions

Inca - Greek Cities
Chimu - Egypt
Chachapoyas - Seleucid Empire
Mapuche - Thrace
Augaruna - Germans
Aymara - Macedon
Diagutia - Dacia

Murfios: Could you email me the skin for the Bronze Spears?

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-23-2006, 12:50

@MaddMan: If you don`t have the necesary degree of culture to understand the concept behind this mod, than you should at least respect the work of others !

Eventually we will have them... but i guess in the beta version, the Inca commander might still speak in its speech about the gods of Olympus :laugh4:

It is possible to make a "Inca nation", and one can be The Inca Senate, but the missions and the rewards?

Hmm, i guess it would not be a problem with the missions... Senate works fine even on Mundus Magnus map, wich has different settlements than those from vannila RTW. What concernes me, is the historicall accuracy... and altough the Inca Empire was divided in 4 parts, it had a strong, centralised guvernment under the rule of Sapa Inca.

I can tell the AI how well the other factions are liked e.g. Incans will be more likely to ally with the Chachapoyas (who they called their brothers)

Inca should not ally with the Chachapoyas, altough they were culturally close, they where great enemyes ! We need to create between them the same relationship such as those between Rome vs Carthage in the vannila RTW...

About the Map, and the Map Editor... it seems like the guys from the Trivium had managed to release a version 6 of theyr campaign map editor. Once we have the Map_Heights, we should have an easyer job to do ~;)

ByzantineKnight
10-23-2006, 14:36
Inca should not ally with the Chachapoyas, altough they were culturally close, they where great enemyes !

That was just an example of what I could do, sorry for the bad subjects :shame:

Motep
10-23-2006, 18:41
Which ones?

No, we do not have the pre-battle speaches :shame:

The Factions

Inca - Greek Cities
Chimu - Egypt
Chachapoyas - Seleucid Empire
Mapuche - Thrace
Augaruna - Germans
Aymara - Macedon
Diagutia - Dacia

Murfios: Could you email me the skin for the Bronze Spears?

Would the speaches have to be in their toungue? or will they be spruced up in other languages?

Caius
10-23-2006, 18:57
Are we going to need scripting?

shizzernockers3 is a scripter and want to help us...but I dont know if we are needing a script.

Motep
10-23-2006, 19:11
I really dont think so... but if he script, he could help in other stuff.

p.s. what does filibusteria do? I need it for the news thread which has been moved to the mod disscussion forum, and I need to know if the map is done.

Caius
10-23-2006, 20:29
Be pacient, the map is in progress.

Marius dynamite helped me. I was needing some help in the creation of the map.

Filibustería
10-23-2006, 20:31
:embarassed: I... don't really do anything, cause theres nothing i can do, but i want to learn.
plus, im very interested on south american cultures, especially the one of my ancestors, the mapuche.
the thing ive done here is provide information about the mapuche, like weapons or names, that you didn't have.
this is the faction most known symbol
http://www.mars-patent.org/projects/mars_the_warrior/MAPUCHE.gif

this is a map:http://www.nadir.org/nadir/initiativ/agp/free/imf/indigenas/mapuche_map.gif

Caius
10-23-2006, 20:36
Thats something Filibusteria.
You are our historican.

beauchamp
10-23-2006, 22:15
I dig it! I hope you include the Mayans, they are my fav, specially the Jaguar warriors.

Shokran and Masalema!

Filibustería
10-23-2006, 23:32
here are some images of the mapuche. Hope you find them useful for Models and/or Skins:

Mapuche spearmen:
http://jaimevera.cl.tripod.com/Lonko.jpg
Late 18th Century Toki:
http://www.mapuche.nl/publ/taal_mapuche/lonko.gif
The Clava, represents the power of the toqui(it is a neck medallion):
http://www.serindigena.cl/territorios/mapuche/fotos/toqui_ma.jpg
Mapuche spearman 2:
http://pictures.galenfrysinger.com/south_america/temuco20.jpg
a Poncho:http://web.tiscali.it/Ghighi_Gentili/webcile/images/Poncho.jpg

Theres an internet page where a mapuche warrior with a club and
leather round shield appears but i can't post the image here.

http://web.tiscali.it/Ghighi_Gentili/webcile/mapuche_storia.htm

ByzantineKnight
10-24-2006, 04:30
I dig it! I hope you include the Mayans, they are my fav, specially the Jaguar warriors.

Shokran and Masalema!

We are planning to just get the Incans, Mapuche, Diaguita, Aymara, Chachapoyas, Chimu, and the Augaruna.

But we are planning to put the Aztecs and Central America in a later release, btw the Aztecs were the ones that had Jaguar Warriors and Eagle Warriors. We might include the Mayans!!

Good Stuff Filibustería!!!

And Caius: Tell shizzernockers3 he can join us, we need everyone we can get, probably a scripter too.

Motep
10-25-2006, 00:00
the Mayans died out in the 900s but small maya-based tribes lasted untill the spainish invasion, so I suppose that they might be included (but not under the name mayan)

The article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayans)(wikipedia of course) will give you the info you need

Caius
10-25-2006, 00:12
The Inca Flag:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagen:Banner_of_the_Inca_Empire.svg
Hope this helps

Motep
10-25-2006, 00:20
page 6 already...nice flag

Caius
10-25-2006, 00:34
4 Bigger pages...
I am advancing in the map

Motep
10-25-2006, 00:54
oh thats good...good luck and gods speed!

Stormy
10-25-2006, 02:34
Very interesting! I would like to see this progress fully! ~:cheers:
Indeed, best of luck!

Is this another accurate Incan banner ?
http://www.talkingproud.us/ImagesPhotoGallery/Admire/IncaFlag.jpg

ByzantineKnight
10-25-2006, 04:14
the Mayans died out in the 900s but small maya-based tribes lasted untill the spainish invasion, so I suppose that they might be included (but not under the name mayan)

The article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayans)(wikipedia of course) will give you the info you need

Mabye the Mayan Tribes?

Thats very good news about the map Caius!!

Here is the faction icon for the Incans that Age of Mankind Total War used...

https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n252/Lord_Elurin/incasymbol.gif

Good news, thescme from TWCenter might be interested in joining, but I might have to train him/her to mod.

Filibustería
10-25-2006, 20:51
Very interesting! I would like to see this progress fully! ~:cheers:
Indeed, best of luck!

Is this another accurate Incan banner ?
http://www.talkingproud.us/ImagesPhotoGallery/Admire/IncaFlag.jpg

That's not an Incan banner, I'm afraid. That is called the "flag of all the south america's natives"

Each colour represents a culture, from the northern Peru to central chile.

Filibustería
10-25-2006, 21:00
Could this be the mapuche faction icon?(I posted it earlier, but no one said anything):
http://www.mars-patent.org/projects/mars_the_warrior/MAPUCHE.gifAoM was not including the mapuche, so they didn't had an icon for them.

Here is the mapuche flag, but im afraid that ( along with the incan banner posted ) are actual, nobody used flags in those times.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/Flag_of_the_Mapuches.svg/250px-Flag_of_the_Mapuches.svg.png

Caius
10-25-2006, 22:39
Good banner

ByzantineKnight
10-26-2006, 02:00
It will definately work.

Filibustería
10-26-2006, 22:32
Thanks!

By the way, do you have any image or screenshot ready?

Caius
10-26-2006, 23:25
Cf is back.
The loading images can be fight battles.
And the map:
I am working on it.I have a problem with the electricty :furious2: .Few minutes ago, my house doesnt have electricity.

Caius
10-28-2006, 00:49
Two things:

First, the map.It going to be South-america only or South and Center America?

Second, it is possible to add night battles to the game?
I guess the more things we add to the game, the game will become more fun without losing the historical acurrate we want.

Regards

Caius

ByzantineKnight
10-28-2006, 02:13
Two things:

First, the map.It going to be South-america only or South and Center America?

Second, it is possible to add night battles to the game?
I guess the more things we add to the game, the game will become more fun without losing the historical acurrate we want.

Regards

Caius

In the first release, in order to get it out as soon as possable, the map will be just South America, but in the second release, we will have the Aztecs, and other Central American factions with a Central American map.

Yes, we will add night battles.

Filibustería
10-28-2006, 12:37
will this mod be for Rtw or BI?

Caius
10-29-2006, 01:56
RTW 1.5.

Anyone is going to do the night battles and the Campaign balancing? If not, I will do it.

dizzydes
10-29-2006, 05:46
hey, i thought i might be of a little help, i was involved in a similar mod back in medieval modding days, called conquistador total war, it had a pre-colombian stage and focused mainly on mesoamerica, like mayan and aztec/toltec conflicts but if i can find the old files ill email them to you guys.

Caius
10-29-2006, 15:14
hey, i thought i might be of a little help, i was involved in a similar mod back in medieval modding days, called conquistador total war, it had a pre-colombian stage and focused mainly on mesoamerica, like mayan and aztec/toltec conflicts but if i can find the old files ill email them to you guys.
Welcome to the org, dizzydes!

It can be useful.I dont know if RTW allows the use of Medieval files.Can one tell me?

Motep
10-29-2006, 21:51
I will no longer be able to do any modding. Running my modded game fried my graphics card. Sorry but I still hope to be able to help in any way possible.

P.S, could you pm me if you are a member not mentioned in the news thread. Thank you.

Caius, you cannot put the medival files into the Rome: total war game. You can modify them into the rome format and put everything in. It will be a pain and I would undertake the deed, but youve read what I typed above.

Caius
10-29-2006, 22:06
:gah2: This is a serious problem.
We are needing more help.
Maybe you can fix your video card.Or it is imposible?

snevets
10-29-2006, 22:42
I will no longer be able to do any modding. Running my modded game fried my graphics card. Sorry but I still hope to be able to help in any way possible.

P.S, could you pm me if you are a member not mentioned in the news thread. Thank you.

Caius, you cannot put the medival files into the Rome: total war game. You can modify them into the rome format and put everything in. It will be a pain and I would undertake the deed, but youve read what I typed above.

Running your modified game crashed your graphics card? What card is it and what on Earth did you do? Sounds to me like your Card's RAM is just fried- happens and it's not your fault.

Caius
10-29-2006, 22:57
snevets, do you want to jon us?
We need :help:.
And Motep, you maybe still can help us.

dizzydes
10-30-2006, 01:44
Welcome to the org, dizzydes!

It can be useful.I dont know if RTW allows the use of Medieval files.Can one tell me?
sorry, i can't say if it can, but i never really got to that anyway, it all really fell apart when we realized noone in the development team could model even the slightest, but these were lots of academic files relating to development in mesoamerica and warfare between the civilizations.

Motep
10-30-2006, 15:37
I cannot run the modded game at this moment...but i could once I get my new vidio card. Im using my cousins pos right now. I will be able to begin modding again sometime this week.

ByzantineKnight
10-31-2006, 02:15
I'm sorry to hear about your card, Motep.

Sorry i've been gone so long guys, we are reaching our limit of internet access.

Caius, the campaign map is going well? And I still need the skins Murfios...

Filibustería
10-31-2006, 02:35
Here are some unit names i found, hope you fid it useful:

Namuntulinko: mapuche infantry
Lekay: mapuche boleadoras
Waikilaf: Mapuche Spearmen

Motep
10-31-2006, 04:46
Fillibusteria, you just might make the mapuche the highlight of the game...might as well call the mod Mapuche: Total War

Rex_Pelasgorum
10-31-2006, 13:53
My friends,
Sorry for not beeing able to contribute to the mod this week.... a tragedy just happened in my family and i went away into my native village.

Hopefully, in 2 days i will be back, i am very glad that you have managed to progress so much.

With friendship and respect,
Rex Pelasgorum

Filibustería
11-01-2006, 14:40
Fillibusteria, you just might make the mapuche the highlight of the game...might as well call the mod Mapuche: Total War
Of course not, i know the Inca are the principal faction in the mod, but you said you needed help with the mapuche because of your lack of information about them, so i was trying to help.

Motep
11-01-2006, 23:50
i was not being negative...it was my nerdy way of thanky you.

Motep
11-02-2006, 02:39
no more modding (not even editing the edu file)for me....mom said so...

ByzantineKnight
11-03-2006, 03:55
no more modding (not even editing the edu file)for me....mom said so...

Nooooooooo :(

Edit: I have good news, I will be training thscme over in TWCentre to work on units or whatever we need him to do!!

Is there anything that anyone needs help on? I will get the units...

Byzantine Knight

ByzantineKnight
11-03-2006, 12:15
I will get the units...

The Incans are done except for the:
Cacacuzco
Ayllucuzcos
Mancopchincuzcos
Auquiconna

All units made are subject to revision.

Motep
11-03-2006, 14:26
I can, however, still help on this mod. There is still plenty of research that needs doing!

Murfios
11-03-2006, 22:12
Im sry I was not able to get online all this time. My Pc got scorched by a power supply fault. It was burned. Its something regarding the circuits. I had to start from 0%. I just got it replaced.

Filibustería
11-04-2006, 00:20
The Incans are done except for the:
Cacacuzco
Ayllucuzcos
Mancopchincuzcos
Auquiconna

All units made are subject to revision.

Really?
Do you have any screenshots?

ByzantineKnight
11-04-2006, 01:53
Really?

It is without skins :(

ByzantineKnight
11-04-2006, 01:54
Really?

Murfios, if you give me your email, ill email you the skin.

Mod: could you delete the above message.

Caius
11-05-2006, 20:57

Murfios, if you give me your email, ill email you the skin.

Mod: could you delete the above message.
How without skins?

Filibustería
11-06-2006, 00:03
how can you "make" a Skin?

ByzantineKnight
11-06-2006, 05:22
You edit a TGA.dds file in the Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\model_unitData\models_unit\textures to change a skin.

We are using vanilia RTW unit skins right now :(

Rex_Pelasgorum
11-06-2006, 15:24
When will the map be ready ? ~:)

Caius
11-06-2006, 17:06
Sooner...

ByzantineKnight
11-07-2006, 03:40
Sooner...

Thats good news, as soon as it is done I will add the units when we have completed them.

Then all we have to do is get the UI, wonders, trade resources, provence names (we can start with Inca Provence 1 Mapuche Provence 4 and so on), family trees, scripts, and all that other stuff.

Then we can playtest!! :2thumbsup:

Edit: I have finished all of the Incan units, all I have to do is playtest!!

Filibustería
11-08-2006, 01:14
what is UI?
Province names shouldnt be that difficult, I think. just look for incan city names or places anduse them...

By the way,
Does any of you know if there's any free donloadable- tool that can be useful for creating a total war mod logo like the one from Númenor:Total War?

Thanks

Filibustería
11-08-2006, 02:11
i was thinking in something like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Incalogo2.PNG

I know it sucks because i made it quickly(and without any permission:oops: , for what im sorry) and it was created in microsoft Paint, but it shows the possibilities for creating a logo for the mod (A different one of course) using a special tool.

So, it was my way to cheer you up to create a logo for Inca:Total War.

Motep
11-08-2006, 03:31
exellent work!...now I feel useless...

ByzantineKnight
11-08-2006, 05:09
exellent work!...now I feel useless...

You are not useless, you got all of the Aymara units!!

I know it sucks because i made it quickly

It does not suck, you are a talented 2D artist!! at least better then I will ever be, Thank You.

I have a request... Would you make a couple banners for us to put in our sigs. People say they increase interest in the mod (It would be nice to get a dedicated fanbase)

(and without any permission:oops: , for what im sorry)

That is fine, you dont need permission to do anything.

what is UI?
Province names shouldnt be that difficult, I think. just look for incan city names or places anduse them...

By the way,
Does any of you know if there's any free donloadable- tool that can be useful for creating a total war mod logo like the one from Númenor:Total War?

Thanks

UI stands for "user interface", it is what your buttons\menus look like on the battle and campaign map. Yes, the provence names will be easy, but I ment start with those names untill we can get proper ones.

I do not think there is a tool like what you are looking for...

Good Work Filibustería!!

Caius
11-08-2006, 19:10
Byzantine, take screenies.

Caius
11-08-2006, 19:14

So, it was my way to cheer you up to create a logo for Inca:Total War.
That doesnt sucks.

Caius
11-08-2006, 19:26
Just check the Wikipedia article about Inca:Total War, I writted somethings.

Filibustería
11-08-2006, 20:42
Thanks!

I have a request... Would you make a couple banners for us to put in our sigs. People say they increase interest in the mod (It would be nice to get a dedicated fanbase)

What is a sig?(im sorry but English is not my mother language)
What is a banner?

Rex_Pelasgorum
11-08-2006, 21:32
Excellent work, people !
The banner is awesome !

Hopefully in 2 weeks i will get the new music pak ~;)
I will speak with a very talented friend of mine....

I`ve seen how many new mods were launched, and the new music plays an very important role in each of them. ~;)

ByzantineKnight
11-09-2006, 02:19
Byzantine, take screenies.

I do not have the skins, it just looks like warband and peasants, and a few phalnix guys without the phalnix (just short spears).

Hopefully in 2 weeks i will get the new music pak ~;)
I will speak with a very talented friend of mine....

I`ve seen how many new mods were launched, and the new music plays an very important role in each of them. ~;)

Thats really good news, aside from a few more skinners and the map, that is what we need most!!

Thanks!

What is a banner?

"sig" is short for signature, and the banner is for putting in it.

Do you remember seeing different members adding pictures to their sig that say something like "Hedgemonia Total War" or the names of other mods.
It is a "promoting" ploy for their mod.

Caius
11-09-2006, 19:06
Thanks!

What is a banner?
Do you know how to add the image in the signature?
EDIT:I guess it is a good idea add ALL the members of the mid the image.

Filibustería
11-09-2006, 19:18
Do you remember seeing different members adding pictures to their sig that say something like "Hedgemonia Total War" or the names of other mods.
It is a "promoting" ploy for their mod.
You mean like this one?

Caius
11-09-2006, 19:27
You mean like this one?
Yes, it is good.
EDIT:The map is delayed for one error.

Filibustería
11-09-2006, 19:59
I have one question...
how do you do to create the faction icons?
If it's done by editing the ones from RTW, what program is reqired for doing it?

Motep
11-10-2006, 00:41
nice logo fillibusteria...can you post the tags for it.

p.s. if anybody needs my modding help just pm me what you have(I can mod it so long as it is not saved on the computer or to the game)

Caius
11-10-2006, 00:48
So, you can help us or not?

Filibustería
11-10-2006, 01:02
nice logo fillibusteria...can you post the tags for it.
Im sorry but again my english does not include the word "Tag" in its vocabulary.
Can you tell me what a tag is?
Thanks

Motep
11-10-2006, 01:12
well...yes and no. I can in the sense that I can mod what you give me...but i cannot go digging around in the game files or permanently save anything.

p.s. post the new "Inca Total War" banner without the image things around it. The image that is in your signature.

Filibustería
11-10-2006, 01:32
You mean this?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Incabanner3.PNG

Its url is https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Incabanner3.PNG

ByzantineKnight
11-10-2006, 03:42
You mean this?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Incabanner3.PNG

Its url is https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Incabanner3.PNG

Yes! that is good!!

Yes, it is good.
EDIT:The map is delayed for one error.

As soon as this is fixed, is the map done??

I have one question...
how do you do to create the faction icons?
If it's done by editing the ones from RTW, what program is reqired for doing it?

You can use photoshop, paint, irfan view, anything as long as it can edit TGAs.

Motep
11-10-2006, 16:58
I have spare time...I would make the icons, but I am the worst phoshop artist ever.

Filibustería
11-11-2006, 02:02
I made some icons... I personally don't like them:no: , but it was the only thing i could find on google images, there really is very little stuff...
here they are:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Banners.PNG

ByzantineKnight
11-11-2006, 02:16
The Mapuche one looks good, only we need to make it more "seamlessly" joined with the silver ring around it. More detail would also be nice.

The Aguaruna one we may have to find a better substutute for that, mabye an Amazon symbol if we cannot find anything better.

The others look okay as far as symbols go, but they are a little fuzzy...

I still think mabye we should use this for the Incans

Motep dra Uha Dnia Mazzat feel free to edit these if you want, you and Filibustería can work on art related stuff (unless someone else wants to help)

Caius, is the map ready, or could we have an estimate on how long it will take?

I will get to work getting the other faction trees done today and tomorrow.

Good Job guys

ByzantineKnight

Filibustería
11-11-2006, 02:51
The others look okay as far as symbols go, but they are a little fuzzy...

I still think mabye we should use this for the Incans
Yeah that one looks great! where did you get it from?
And how can i reduce the size of the icons like the chimu golden mask-thing, or the aymara face, without loosing detail or resolution?

Motep
11-11-2006, 06:22
good icons...just need to photoshop em so they look more like a real faction icon.

Motep
11-11-2006, 06:24
Byzantine, I have not recieved the units yet.

ByzantineKnight
11-11-2006, 07:15
Yeah that one looks great! where did you get it from?

It was from Age of Mankind Total War, someone said that anything we get from a dead mod is free source so...

Byzantine, I have not recieved the units yet.

Sorry :shame: I forgot. I just sent them.

Motep
11-11-2006, 07:20
You sure made some of the incan units relly powerfull...such as the qurichisqa chuki, but as the incans are the highlight of the game and likely did have beeter units I will say you did a good job.

Filibustería
11-11-2006, 12:57
Do you have some incan proverbs or something Like that for the loading screens?
Or
Do you have loading screens?

Filibustería
11-11-2006, 12:59
You sure made some of the incan units relly powerfull...such as the qurichisqa chuki, but as the incans are the highlight of the game and likely did have beeter units I will say you did a good job.

does that mean that if we play as other faction than the Inca we will get crushed by them?:beam:

Motep
11-11-2006, 18:42
not neccesarily, the only factions complete are the aymara and the Inca, so I do not know stats of the othger factions. However, the Inca do have better units thatn the aymara, although the Aymara still stand a fighting chance.

Rex_Pelasgorum
11-11-2006, 19:56
The truth is that we currently lack many, many things....
Snevets promised some models, i`m stil waiting for them....

We need to recrute some skinners somehow....
We need to get a working map, with some Inca units on it...

I like the faction icons... ~;)

Filibustería
11-11-2006, 21:54
Pehaps it is true that we need models, skins, and a map, which are the escencial things, but a mod needs other things, like music, artwork, loading screens,icons, banners, and other minor things that are necesary too but are easily done!
So, if we could do those things quickly, we would have very few (important but few, it makes a difference) problems left, so give us(The ones who cannot truly mod but still want to help) some work nd we will do it.

Caius
11-11-2006, 22:00
Two things:
I suggest(Rex tell me if it can be) share the I:TW e-mail.What?, maybe you can say, but if we share the mail every member here can send the latest advances.
And two:Lets make a "beta"

Caius
11-11-2006, 22:11
Filibusteria,

en que te basastes para hacer los iconos de las facciones?

Sorry, I have to translate that

Rex_Pelasgorum
11-11-2006, 22:36
A very good idea, Caius !
About the email, ByzantineKnight made it... Talk to him, and he will give you the password (i do not have it), it is good that all of us have access to that email and to the pasword. ~;)

The email is inca_total_war@yahoo.com

Caius
11-11-2006, 22:42
A very good idea, Caius !
About the email, ByzantineKnight made it... Talk to him, and he will give you the password (i do not have it), it is good that all of us have access to that email and to the pasword. ~;)

The email is inca_total_war@yahoo.com
The beta idea was yours.Or the ByzantineKnight idea.
Add the I:TW image in the start of the thread.

Filibustería
11-12-2006, 00:41
Filibusteria,

en que te basastes para hacer los iconos de las facciones?

Sorry, I have to translate that

En nada en especial, sólo busqué Aymara, mapuche, chimu, etc. en google imágenes y lo que encontrara adecuado lo usaba, pero no había mucho que ver...

De donde eres, Caius?

Caius
11-12-2006, 01:42
Argentina.

I write a PM to Byzantine.

Tuuvi
11-12-2006, 02:09
I'm interested in helping, I wanted to make an ancient americas mod for M2TW, but no one was interested.

Filibustería
11-12-2006, 02:23
I'm interested in helping, I wanted to make an ancient americas mod for M2TW, but no one was interested.
Do you know modelling or skinning?
'cause thats what we need.
Making an America mod for M2TW is like creating the game over again... New Religion, multiple textures, names, perhaps even new combat moves... It would be huge.

Tuuvi
11-12-2006, 02:43
I could skin, I don't know about modeling though, the programs cost too much.

Filibustería
11-12-2006, 02:48
We are in a desperate need of skinners, so you would be glady welcome.
But Im not the mod leader so talk to Rex or Bizantine Knight

ByzantineKnight
11-12-2006, 03:39
We are in a desperate need of skinners, so you would be glady welcome.
But Im not the mod leader so talk to Rex or Bizantine Knight

Rex is the mod leader (i think)

Yes, you can join!!

Caius, i'll PM everyone with the password. But how will you all get the things that I have finished editing, should I email them to all of you?

Caius
11-12-2006, 04:15
Rex is the mod leader (i think)

Yes, you can join!!

Caius, i'll PM everyone with the password. But how will you all get the things that I have finished editing, should I email them to all of you?
Send it to the mail, such as a zip file.I will make all the modifications necesary to launch the beta

ByzantineKnight
11-12-2006, 04:21
Send it to the mail, such as a zip file.I will make all the modifications necesary to launch the beta

We need the map before we can get the Beta out for the team members.

@Lignator: I'll PM you the password as soon as you join.

Tuuvi
11-12-2006, 04:32
@Lignator: I'll PM you the password as soon as you join.

ok, what do I need to do to join?

Caius
11-12-2006, 04:34
ok, what do I need to do to join?
Wait to the Rex reply

snevets
11-12-2006, 05:59
So pester me then :P

Sorry I'm busy but I'll start working on them tommorow- there are a couple skin base things I need to work out for you guys before I can make you any specific units- namely faces. Can you pm me a unit list for the Inca so I know what to entitle what I'm making?

Motep
11-12-2006, 06:55
I cant even get any kind of version...yet...not untill we a better virus protector. Know any good ones?

ByzantineKnight
11-12-2006, 08:07
Almost Finalised Incan Units

Range Units

Boleadora - Fast Heavy Missile - 3-Weight Bolas (Short Range)

Infantry

Levies

Regulars

Cacacuzco - Light Missile Infantry - Sling Before charge, Spear
Ayllucuzcos - Light Infantry - Axe
Mancopchincuzcos - Light Infantry - Spear
Auquiconna - Light Missile Infantry - Sling before charge, Club
Inca Chuki - Light Infantry - Inca Spearmen

Special

Chasquis - Fast Light Infantry - Messengers
Yachakuq Runa - Light Infantry - Novices

Nobles

Acuakpussak - Heavy Infantry - Veteran Troops

Snevets, here is the Incan Units

Lignator, you can probably be in by tomorrow :2thumbsup:

Motep
11-12-2006, 08:12
ha, the banners worked! New influx of recruits!

Filibustería
11-12-2006, 13:28
Snevets, here is the Incan Units

Lignator, you can probably be in by tomorrow :2thumbsup:

The Inca unit list is huge!
I think thar the missile units alone will be more thean the entire aguaruna or mapuche total unit list!:laugh4:

ByzantineKnight
11-12-2006, 14:09
The Inca unit list is huge!
I think thar the missile units alone will be more thean the entire aguaruna or mapuche total unit list!:laugh4:

Not quite, only like 5-7 more units...

Filibustería
11-12-2006, 14:53
Do you have the loading screens ready, with proverbs and everything?

ByzantineKnight
11-12-2006, 16:39
Do you have the loading screens ready, with proverbs and everything?

No :shame:
We will wait for skins before we do the loading screens