T : 6 - 6 - (4/2) - Yawning Angel
R : 5 - 5 - (4/1) - lanky316
E : 4 - 4 - (1/3) - Csar
F : 5 - 5 - (4/1) - Zalmoxis
A : 0 - 0 - (0/0) - Glaucus [eliminated 1902]

Board:
http://www.mevyou.co.uk/pictures/dip/1903ss.gif

Original post that was here is included below for reference:
OK the other game of Diplomacy on here which I was a player in seems to have ground to a halt, mainly I believe because there wasn't much by way of timelimits and the level of commitment of the players varied greatly.

Therefore I'm looking to start a new game, with myself as GM, to try and drum up some interest in the idea. Here are the rules for new players:
Wikipedia set (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(board_game))
Diplomacy Archive [PDF] (http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/resources/rulebooks/2000AH4th.pdf)

I'm looking for players who are seriously committed to playing through the full game here (or at least until one person could reasonably be declared the winner). Ideally we would have a turn every 3 days - if possible shorter but occasionally longer.

It needs 7 players to get started. If there are more interested we could play a variant or have two games - but ideally we want 7 for classic.

Sides will be randomly drawn at kick-off.

Communication is via PM unless you want what you are saying to be public. Moves are submitted to me via PM. If you seriously overstep a deadline you will have all orders defaulted to hold.
Builds are made after the fall is resolved via PM a.s.a.p. Retreats are likewise made after the turn as quickly as possible.

Players from the other game are welcome - provided they are committed.

This is a seriously good game once it gets going (and from the off), which I'd have thought would appeal to any fan of the Total War series - especially S:TW and M:TW. Team work and a keen tactical mind are essential. Friendship and betrayal make it one that's never dull even if you're losing.

GoreBag
09-27-2006, 18:25
I admit that I'm interested, but can't tell for sure if I'll be able to participate at the moment. However, if the setting were to change to Colonial or Macchiavelli, I'd sign up immediately.

Orb
09-27-2006, 20:02
I really don't have time at the moment. Maybe next time...

Csargo
09-27-2006, 20:47
I'll play as UK or Great Britain whatever it is.

Glaucus
09-27-2006, 20:56
It's random mate. I'm in though.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-27-2006, 21:07
I will crush you all with an iron fish!!

sorry, just don't have the patience to play this game out over months

Glaucus
09-28-2006, 00:35
So which one?

Ignoramus
09-28-2006, 02:47
I'll play, I'm glad someone else is organising it.

Al Khalifah
09-28-2006, 10:11
Alright some interest.
For those worried about it dragging on, when I say 3 days per turn I mean that's pretty much the maximum a turn would be. If everyone is in gear then they can go faster - it'll be resolved as soon as all orders are in.

So far there are 4 interested I think.

Zalmoxis
09-29-2006, 01:47
I want to try this.

Al Khalifah
09-29-2006, 10:24
Would I be right in thinking then that the following people are so far interested:
Zalmoxis
Ignoramus
Glaucus
Csar
Brother Mark

And GoreBag is a maybe.

Inspired by GoreBag's talk of Machievelli I was wondering what players would think about the minor change of either playing Fleet Rome or Milan variants. Certainly I think whoever is drawn Italy should get the option of a fleet in Rome rather than an army, as this greatly improves play balance and makes things much more interesting for the Italian player.

Yawning Angel
09-29-2006, 15:03
Right, a thread that has caused me to de-lurk for the first time in a long while . .

Would be interested in joining this game, but would understand if you felt uncomfortable having someone with a low post count and infrequent post-history join. (FWIW have lurked this forum since pre-MTW1).

I have played Diplomacy before (about 15+ years ago) and am happy to forum whore at work, so think I shouldn't have a problem keeping with the 3-day turns.

I also have a Machiavelli set, but think we may be better off with 'straight' Diplomacy to start with (unless you are all experts - in which case - :help: ).

Anyways this could make the seventh . . so on with the game?

Al Khalifah
09-29-2006, 17:14
Well that's a 6th... or maybe 7th.
Zalmoxis
Ignoramus
Glaucus
Csar
Brother Mark
Yawning Angel

And GoreBag is a maybe.

The post-count doesn't trouble me - provided you're keen. Brother Mark is only a junior member, but was plenty active in the past game and should hopefully be a full member soon.
I'd play but its a bit unfair playing and GMing.

1 more definite please !

GoreBag
10-02-2006, 06:18
I'm gonna have to step down this time. I've too much on my plate lately to devote enough regular time to it, especially since I usually go days at a time without touching a computer.

Glaucus
10-05-2006, 23:45
... any news? I thought this was supposed to be a quick and efficent game?

Yawning Angel
10-06-2006, 11:44
If it looks like we can't get a 7th, we can always go ahead with 6. I believe the standard rule for six people is a non-playing Italy with the armies/navies just holding. Makes things a little easier for France, Austria and Turkey but would get the game moving.

lanky316
10-09-2006, 15:35
I've not played Diplomacy in years, so would be a bit hazy. Providing we're playing a team based variant rather then every orgah for himself I'm prepared to give it a go. Just hope my team mates are patient with me!

Glaucus
10-09-2006, 18:10
...we're not playing teams...

still interested?

Al Khalifah
10-10-2006, 00:21
Well - teams in diplomacy can be formed - but they are only ever transitory things and purely informal. The only way to maintain teams is to continually provide the greatest mutual gain to one another.

If you're interested we have the seventh player we need to get started. I know I said it would be a fast paced game, but if the starting players aren't comitted then it'll soon grind to a halt. Better to get off to a good start.

Glaucus
10-10-2006, 02:00
I meant we aren't using the variant of the rules where its Austria + Germany + Turkey vs England + France + Russia. We can form teams, I doubt you can win without forming teams, but we don't start with teams.

lanky316
10-10-2006, 10:14
Pfft I'll still give it a go. Just have to find my little white flag first :laugh4:

Yawning Angel
10-10-2006, 11:22
7 peeps \o/

Just to remind myself, this is 50 provinces plus Rome to win? :laugh4:

Al Khalifah
10-10-2006, 20:57
So the players in the draw are:
Zalmoxis
Ignoramus
Glaucus
Csar
Brother Mark
Yawning Angel
lanky316

To be randomly drawn to the following Great Powers of Europe:
England
France
Germany
Italy
Austria
Russia
Turkey

Glaucus
10-10-2006, 21:58
Do it to it.

Csargo
10-10-2006, 23:24
So we don't get to pick our own Nations?

Al Khalifah
10-10-2006, 23:44
Draw:

Csar - England
Glaucus - Austria
Brother Mark - Italy
lanky316 - Russia
Yawning Angel - Turkey
Ignoramus - Germany
Zalmoxis - France

Csargo
10-10-2006, 23:45
Woo dont I feel special :D

Al Khalifah
10-10-2006, 23:51
Yeah, well England may not outright lose many games, but she also doesn't win that many games either.

I'd like Spring 1901 moves in on Friday at latest please so that results will be ready for Saturday. Since this is the first turn, if they can be in sooner that would be awesome to get some momentum going.

... You may now betray each other...

Glaucus
10-11-2006, 00:51
For easy reference:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/Diplomacy_map_blank.gif

It fits in my monitor, but if it causes your window to resize itself just let me know and I'll resize it.

Brother Mark
10-11-2006, 09:44
Italy? D'oh.

lanky316
10-11-2006, 10:07
Russia... Looks like I really will be waving that white flag! Right now to do this for mother Russia. Might we use the house rule wherein any foreign power within Russian terriroies at the end of the fall turn die from cold weather? :laugh3:

Yawning Angel
10-11-2006, 11:27
Salutations from the Sultan of Turkey,

I must say it is a refreshing change to be enjoying the balmy climes of my Mediterranean and Black Sea resorts.

Pannonian
10-11-2006, 12:01
Russia... Looks like I really will be waving that white flag! Right now to do this for mother Russia. Might we use the house rule wherein any foreign power within Russian terriroies at the end of the fall turn die from cold weather? :laugh3:
Only if you use the house rule that Russian armies canot enter Finland.

lanky316
10-11-2006, 14:44
*checks map* I suppose I'm prepared to accept that agreement

vote - winter rule

Sorry wrong game...

Al Khalifah
10-11-2006, 14:45
First post in this thread will be used for game status and the current board. Best to plan your treachery from there.

Board image is being generated by Realpolitik for anyone who is interested.
{Sourceforge site (http://realpolitik.sourceforge.net)}

lanky316
10-12-2006, 14:54
Just sent in my orders for the first turn. Just trying to refresh my memory on the rules and found nothing on the links at the start of the thread. Is it possible to defensively support units in territories at the same time. Army in A supporting army in B and army in B supporting army in A. If the enemy army in C attacks will I get the support regardless of which territory is attacked?

Yawning Angel
10-12-2006, 15:48
Just sent in my orders for the first turn. Just trying to refresh my memory on the rules and found nothing on the links at the start of the thread. Is it possible to defensively support units in territories at the same time. Army in A supporting army in B and army in B supporting army in A. If the enemy army in C attacks will I get the support regardless of which territory is attacked?

As far as I know it is possible to mutually support as you are suggesting, however the support can still be cut with the right combination of units.

If you have to units A and B, mutually supporting each other, an opponent (or multiple enemies) will need at least 3 armies for the attack to succeed. This could either be with 2 units supporting a third piece in the attack on A or with one unit attacking B (and therefore cutting support) and one unit supporting a third piece in the attack on A.

Hope this makes sense without a picture (and that I've got it right).

lanky316
10-12-2006, 16:02
Yeah I understand the way it works. That's how I thought it worked but wanted to make sure before I try and use it to counter an assault to find out I was wrong. Thanks :)

Al Khalifah
10-12-2006, 17:03
Remember folks to try to have those orders in by the end of tomrrow.

Csargo
10-12-2006, 21:00
Al Khalifah are you going to use a map like Ignoramus was using? Showing all our moves for each turn.

Al Khalifah
10-12-2006, 23:09
Al Khalifah are you going to use a map like Ignoramus was using? Showing all our moves for each turn.
Yes. If you look on the first page of the thread you'll see a map generated using the Realpolitik tool (link is on that post).

Realpolitik will take all of your orders and display them graphically (including supports and convoys). It's a neat tool since it also resolves the turn as well by the standard diplomacy rules and shows what actually happened as well.

I'll include all generated bitmaps in posts to show how the game is progressing.

Al Khalifah
10-12-2006, 23:13
Oh and in response to a request to clarify - by the end of Friday I mean GMT - 8 Pacific Time 23:59 on Friday the 13th of October.

While I am personally based in the UK, I feel this is the fairest system for players from around the world. Also - I won't be resolving diplomacy conflicts at 3 in the morning on a Friday night...

Al Khalifah
10-13-2006, 09:48
Deadline day.... 3 sets of orders recieved so far... 4 to go.

lanky316
10-13-2006, 11:07
I know of someone who was awaiting a response from me and I only got that sent this morning to them. THat should be sorted now so just a case of when the individual gets online today.

Al Khalifah
10-14-2006, 17:27
SPRING 1901 MOVES:
Austria:
A Budapest - Rumania
F Trieste - Albania
A Vienna - Budapest

England:
F Edinburgh - Norwegian Sea
A Liverpool, no move received
F London - North Sea

France:
F Brest, no move received
A Marseilles - Spain
A Paris - Picardy

Germany:
A Berlin - Kiel
F Kiel - Holland
A Munich - Ruhr

Italy:
F Naples - Ionian Sea
A Rome - Venice
A Venice - Trieste

Russia:
A Moscow - Livonia
F Sevastopol - Black Sea (*Bounce*)
F St Petersburg(sc) - Gulf of Bothnia
A Warsaw, no move received

Turkey:
F Ankara - Black Sea (*Bounce*)
A Constantinople - Bulgaria
A Smyrna - Constantinople

http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1901sm.gif

No retreats were required.

BOARD STATE FOR START OF FALL 1901:
http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1901fs.gif

Gentlemen, you may recommence betraying one another...

Ignoramus
10-16-2006, 03:47
Interesting start.

Csargo
10-16-2006, 03:48
How will we know what provinces we've already taken? It doesn't really show or will you be keeping up with that Al?

Zalmoxis
10-16-2006, 05:01
You see the regions you've taken at the end of the year, actually.

Csargo
10-16-2006, 05:04
Ah thanks Zalmoxis

Csargo
10-16-2006, 05:20
Al Khalifah how long until next moves?

Al Khalifah
10-16-2006, 12:17
End of tomorrow (Tuesday) ok for everyone? Some are already in.

Yawning Angel
10-16-2006, 12:45
Some interesting moves, and some not so interesting! (Guilty as charged for a totally conventional Turkey opening). Looking forward to more political shennanigans (I've no idea how that last word is properly spelt!)

lanky316
10-16-2006, 14:12
I tell you what. To make things interesting why don't you abandon Turkey and hand it over to Russia?

Yes... my diplomatic efforts are hopeless :laugh4:

Yawning Angel
10-16-2006, 15:41
I tell you what. To make things interesting why don't you abandon Turkey and hand it over to Russia?

Now there's an option I hadn't considered :laugh4:

Ignoramus
10-17-2006, 10:47
Are all the orders in?

Al Khalifah
10-17-2006, 12:52
No : 5 sets are in.

Still waiting for 2 sets. They know who they are.

lanky316
10-17-2006, 13:40
Give them another hour. In the event of failure to do so all lands are handed to the Soviet menace. It's in the back of the rulebook somewhere. I'm doing well on this game!

Csargo
10-17-2006, 14:04
No one shall ever get my island in the sky :D

Yawning Angel
10-17-2006, 16:15
No one shall ever get my island in the sky :D

I see Fortress Britannia is alive and well then :knight:

Al Khalifah
10-17-2006, 22:52
FALL 1901 MOVES:
Austria:
F Albania - Trieste
A Budapest Supports F Albania - Trieste
A Rumania Hold

England:
A Liverpool Hold
F North Sea - Belgium (*Fails*)
F Norwegian Sea - Norway

France:
F Brest Hold
A Picardy - Burgundy
A Spain Hold

Germany:
F Holland Supports A Ruhr - Belgium
A Kiel - Denmark
A Ruhr - Belgium

Italy:
F Ionian Sea - Greece
A Trieste - Vienna
A Venice - Tyrolia

Russia:
F Gulf of Bothnia Convoys A Livonia - Sweden
A Livonia - Sweden
F Sevastopol Hold
A Warsaw - Ukraine

Turkey:
F Ankara - Black Sea
A Bulgaria - Serbia

http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1901fm.gif

No retreats were required.

BOARD STATE FOR START OF WINTER 1901:
http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1901ws.gif

Gentlemen - it's building time. Players should not communicate with one another about how they will make their builds. Therefore I expect the build orders for the winter turn to be in by the end of tomorrow (Wednesday) - Thursday Noon at the VERY latest.

Builds expected:
England: 1
France: 1
Germany: 3
Italy: 2
Russia: 1
Turkey: 2

Glaucus
10-17-2006, 23:12
:dizzy2: no builds for me:sweatdrop:

lanky316
10-18-2006, 09:51
Only the one for Russia. I should be allowed to have an almost infinite supply of poorly equipped troops to send wave after wave to the front line.

As an aside. I'm going to be away for the weekend. I'm going to be in the office until 4 on Friday but may not have web access until next Tuesday/Wednesday. I'll try and sort out any orders before going away if everyone has their reinforcements sorted in time :)

Yawning Angel
10-18-2006, 14:29
Have sent in Turkey's build orders. In the light of Al Khalifah's request about non-communication during the build phase, I will wait until all these have been posted before replying to my PMs.

Al Khalifah
10-18-2006, 22:53
WINTER 1901 BUILDS:
England:
Build F London

France:
Build A Paris

Germany:
Build A Kiel
Build A Berlin
Build A Munich

Italy:
Build A Venice
Build F Naples

Russia:
Build A Warsaw

Turkey:
Build A Constantinople
Build F Smyrna

http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1901wm.gif

BOARD STATE FOR START OF SPRING 1902:
http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1902ss.gif

It's game on again guys. Next set of moves by the end of Saturday. lanky316 if you could try and get your moves in by when you leave that would be awesome and also if you could let us know when you expect to be back so we can plan for the next turn.

lanky316
10-19-2006, 09:33
I've sent in my orders for the turn now. Getting them done nice and early in case I forget tomorrow. These may be subject to change but I'm happy with them and shouldn't see any reason to change unless there are vast diplomatic changes.

I'm due back on Monday night but am unlikely to be able to get online until Tuesday. Things should be back to normal then.

Csargo
10-20-2006, 06:06
My moves are in.

Zalmoxis
10-22-2006, 07:27
Sent my moves.

Al Khalifah
10-22-2006, 11:08
SPRING 1902 MOVES:
Austria:
A Budapest - Trieste (*Dislodged*)
F Trieste - Adriatic Sea
A Rumania - Budapest (*Dislodged*)

England:
A Liverpool - Yorkshire
F London - North Sea (*Bounce*)
F North Sea - Skagerrak
F Norway Hold

France:
F Brest - English Channel
A Paris Hold
A Spain - Portugal
A Burgundy - Marseilles

Germany:
A Berlin - Munich
A Munich - Burgundy
A Denmark - Kiel
F Holland - North Sea (*Bounce*)
A Belgium - Picardy
A Kiel - Ruhr

Italy:
F Naples - Apulia
A Venice - Trieste
A Vienna - Budapest
A Tyrolia Supports A Venice - Trieste
F Greece - Ionian Sea

Russia:
F Sevastopol Supports A Ukraine - Rumania
A Warsaw Hold
A Sweden Hold
F Gulf of Bothnia - Baltic Sea
A Ukraine - Rumania

Turkey:
A Constantinople Supports A Bulgaria
A Serbia Supports A Vienna - Budapest
A Bulgaria Supports A Serbia
F Black Sea Supports A Ukraine - Rumania
F Smyrna - Aegean Sea

http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1902sm.gif

The two Austrian armies in Rummania and Budapest were both dislodged. However, since there was only one valid retreat positon for both armies (the same) it has been automatically judged that one army is disbanded and that the other moved to Galatia. Which did which is irrelevant, but for sake of argument:
Austria
A Budapest, no move received (*Disbanded*)
A Rumania - Galicia

BOARD STATE FOR START OF FALL 1902:
http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1902fs.gif

Yawning Angel
10-25-2006, 00:33
Do we have a deadline for the next orders? Wednesday? Or are we waiting for peeps tp come back from breaks?

Brother Mark
10-25-2006, 09:51
Yeah, was just about to say the same thing...

Zalmoxis
10-27-2006, 04:21
What's going on, we still playing or not?

Csargo
10-27-2006, 04:22
Khalifah hasn't been on since the 22th. I guess Real Life has gotten in the way.

Ignoramus
10-27-2006, 06:43
Drat, just as it was becoming so interesting.

Yawning Angel
10-27-2006, 09:43
Drat, just as it was becoming so interesting.

Drat, so we're putting all the politicing and guessing games off for a week then. Here's hoping Real Life sorts itself soon.

Al Khalifah
10-27-2006, 12:11
Sorry guys, I am still running this don't worry. I thought I had said today was the deadline so haven't checked since but obviously I didn't say it anywhere. Try to have moves in for tomorrow please!

Assuming lanky316 is back?

Al Khalifah
10-30-2006, 10:35
Sorry guys we're still waiting on two sets of orders.

lanky316
10-31-2006, 19:18
Trying to send my turn to you now. It ays you've exceeded youir stored message space so I can't get them to you. Going out now so will try again later on tonight or it may need to wait until tomorrow night.

Ignoramus
10-31-2006, 22:53
If Glaucus hasn't sent his orders in, then I wouldn't worry. (No offence Glaucus, but your situation is not a pretty one.

Glaucus
11-01-2006, 02:21
I did send them so HA. And yes things look grim for me. Well done Italy / Brother Mark, you out foxed me this time.

Al Khalifah
11-01-2006, 13:42
Apologies... for the full inbox.
If you send it now it will be recieved without problems.

This game has generated quite a lot of PMs you see.

Sorry.

Yawning Angel
11-02-2006, 10:32
Do we have all orders in yet?

Al Khalifah
11-02-2006, 11:01
Yeah, I'll process them when I get home at 1300 (GMT)

Al Khalifah
11-03-2006, 00:36
Sorry for the delay again guys... NTL have disconnected my house :help: . I will save the file and put it online at work tomorrow.

Al Khalifah
11-03-2006, 13:53
FALL1902 MOVES:
Austria:
A Galicia - Budapest (*Fails*)
F Adriatic Sea - Trieste (*Fails*)

England:
F London - North Sea
F Norway Supports F London - North Sea
A Yorkshire Hold
F Skagerrak - Denmark (*Bounce*)

France:
A Marseilles - Burgundy (*Fails*)
A Paris Hold
F English Channel - Picardy (*Fails*)
A Portugal Hold

Germany:
A Munich Supports A Ruhr - Burgundy
A Burgundy - Gascony
A Picardy - Paris (*Fails*)
A Ruhr - Burgundy
F Holland - Belgium
A Kiel - Denmark (*Bounce*)

Italy:
F Ionian Sea - Tunis
F Apulia - Ionian Sea
A Tyrolia - Venice (*Bounce*)
A Trieste - Venice (*Bounce*)
A Budapest Hold

Russia:
F Sevastopol Hold
A Warsaw - Galicia (*Fails*)
A Rumania Supports A Warsaw - Galicia (*Dislodged*)
A Sweden Hold
F Baltic Sea Hold

Turkey:
A Bulgaria - Rumania
A Serbia Supports A Bulgaria - Rumania
F Aegean Sea Hold
F Black Sea Supports A Bulgaria - Rumania

http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1902fm.gif

The Russian army in Rumania was displaced and had only one possible route of withdrawl and so has been moved to the Ukraine.
The two remaining Austrian forces will be automatically disbanded in the winter turn.

AUSTRIA HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

BOARD STATE FOR START OF WINTER 1902:
http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1902ws.gif

I am expecting 3 builds from Italy, 1 build from France and 1 build from Turkey. Please get builds to me asap (end of Sunday!)

Sorry for the delay in getting this turn back. My internet status is variable at best...

Yawning Angel
11-03-2006, 16:51
Wow, France is looking a little congested! Maginot line obviously not constructed yet, who'd of thought it, an attack through the low Countries.

Glaucus
11-03-2006, 22:50
gg all, and best of luck to everyone in bringing down Italy :laugh4: . Nice job brother mark.

Ignoramus
11-04-2006, 00:51
Hard luck Glaucus, you really got sandwiched between Turkey and Italy.

Italy shouldn't be doing this well, it's starting to look ominous.

Csargo
11-05-2006, 01:04
Dang Italy is going to be hard to beat.

Al Khalifah
11-05-2006, 21:54
WINTER 1902 BUILDS:

France:
Build A Brest

Italy:
Build A Venice
Build A Rome
Build F Naples

Turkey:
Build A Smyrna

http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1902wm.gif

BOARD STATE FOR START OF SPRING 1903:
http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1903ss.gif

Next moves in for Wednesday.

Al Khalifah
11-09-2006, 14:09
Awaiting 3 sets of moves still.

Brother Mark
11-09-2006, 16:52
Slow... almost too slow...

Yawning Angel
11-13-2006, 16:48
Awaiting 3 sets of moves still.

How's this coming along? Have we all submitted yet? :balloon2:

Csargo
11-13-2006, 21:04
I think I'll drop out this game is too time consuming and I already have other things to do sorry.

Pannonian
11-14-2006, 13:34
I've volunteered to take over England in Csar's place, but Al Khalifah hasn't been on since the 12th. Should I start talks as if I were already England, or should I wait for A-K to confirm my spot?

Yawning Angel
11-14-2006, 15:29
I've volunteered to take over England in Csar's place, but Al Khalifah hasn't been on since the 12th. Should I start talks as if I were already England, or should I wait for A-K to confirm my spot?

See no reason why you can't start talks :juggle2:

As noted in my post above, I am not entirely certain where we are with this turn, or if all players have pm'ed their orders yet. (Would hope so as they were supposed to be in last Wednesday)!

Anyway feel free to PM me for a totally unbiased and accurate account of what has been going on for the last few turns :laugh4:

Al Khalifah
11-15-2006, 14:25
I believe we are still waiting on lanky316 to send moves for Russia and obviously for someone to send moves for England. Since Csar has dropped out, I think it best that Pannonian take command of England from here on.

So still awaiting orders for England and Russia people!

Pannonian
11-15-2006, 15:35
I believe we are still waiting on lanky316 to send moves for Russia and obviously for someone to send moves for England. Since Csar has dropped out, I think it best that Pannonian take command of England from here on.

So still awaiting orders for England and Russia people!
Might as well get the game moving. Lanky hasn't been on for over a week now, and everyone wants to continue play.

Pannonian
11-16-2006, 17:57
Is the game continuing?

Yawning Angel
11-17-2006, 16:06
TBH I think if you are over a week and a half late with your orders, you forfeit moves for that turn otherwise this game will just stall. (Not counting the new English PM who only just joined us of course)!

Pannonian
11-18-2006, 10:44
Can we just get on with this? Lanky hasn't been on since the 7th.

Al Khalifah
11-19-2006, 15:46
With everyone's consent I'll take Lanky's turn this time then - I'll just make the most defensive moves possible.

I think we need a new player for Russia, since I doubt he is coming back now...

Yawning Angel
11-22-2006, 10:36
Progress!?! Or is this now dead?

Al Khalifah
11-26-2006, 23:43
SPRING 1903 MOVES:
England:
F North Sea Supports F Skagerrak - Denmark (*Cut*)
F Norway Supports F Skagerrak - Denmark (*Fails*)
F Skagerrak - Denmark (*Bounce*)
A Yorkshire - London

France:
A Brest - Gascony (*Fails*)
F English Channel - Picardy (*Fails*)
A Marseilles - Burgundy (*Fails*)
A Paris Hold
A Portugal - Spain

Germany:
F Belgium - North Sea (*Fails*)
A Burgundy - Paris (*Fails*)
A Gascony Supports A Burgundy - Paris (*Cut*)
A Kiel - Denmark (*Bounce*)
A Munich Hold
A Picardy Supports A Burgundy - Paris (*Cut*)

Italy:
A Budapest Hold
F Ionian Sea Hold
F Naples - Tyrrhenian Sea
A Rome - Venice
A Trieste, no move received
F Tunis - Western Mediterranean
A Tyrolia Hold
A Venice - Piedmont

Russia:
F Baltic Sea - Berlin
F Sevastopol Hold
A Sweden Hold
A Ukraine Supports F Sevastopol
A Warsaw Hold

Turkey:
F Aegean Sea Hold
F Black Sea Supports A Smyrna - Armenia
A Bulgaria Supports A Rumania
A Rumania Hold
A Serbia Supports A Rumania
A Smyrna - Armenia

http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1903sm.gif

The English fleet in Norway was not able to support the movement into Denmark because Denmark and Norway are not adjacent territories.

BOARD STATE FOR START OF FALL 1903:
http://www.mevyou.co.uk/Pictures/dip/1903fs.gif