PDA

View Full Version : legion mini mod

Roman_Man#3
09-27-2006, 23:48
hey guys, gonna make a legionairy mini mod. adding legionaires to the greeks, and possibly the macedonians and thrace. it might not be historically accurate, but, by giving a legionairy option to more hellenic factions than just the seleucids, i think it will balance out vanilla rtw more. now to the point. i need someone who can make the texture and the sprite for a greek legionary, and if feed back is given that people want it for macedon and thrace too, then i would like some one to make textures and sprites for those factions as well.

GiantMonkeyMan
09-28-2006, 21:53
as a kind of unwritten rule, most modders ignore requests... :oops: however if you search for GIMP or download the free trial version of adobe photoshop then you can make your own textures... we have a load of tutorials in the scriptorium that could help you :thumbsup:

and it does sound an interesting mod, i always thought that getting other people's units should be possible if you have fought them alot... good luck with your mod :thumbsup:

GMM

Roman_Man#3
09-28-2006, 22:38
ok, ill do that, but do people want thrace and macedon to have legionaries? ill give them to greece, but i need feedback if you all want them for thrace and macedon

Nebuchadnezzar
09-29-2006, 03:35
If you don't mind I would suggest do the Greeks first. Iron out any bugs and release it to get feedback and work from there. Most mods bite of more than they can chew.

As for Thrace, well.... its more semi-barbarian and not really fitting to have legionaries IMHO.

Myrddraal
09-29-2006, 13:11
It's very easy to change the hue of the coloured bits on textures if you've got an image editor. I think gimp has that ability.

Roman_Man#3
10-03-2006, 21:50
ok, thanks for the suggestions guys, but this thread is over now. im going to incorporate the legion mini mod into a new mod of mine im hoping to make.