PDA

View Full Version : My roman generals don't know to command

Fixiwee
09-28-2006, 02:21
Hi again.
I'm a rather new player of this mod and I'm allready addicted to it. ;)
So I'm playing the romans and leading my armies into war, trying to be a bit historic. That's why I'm facing the macedonians at 200BC and after some fighting I had to face that I can't win in any way.
Point is, my generals don't get any command talents. I know, this has been covered in the FAQ, but still, I never had a leader above 3 stars, all the macedonians have 6 and more. Even my main hero who conquered sicily, vanquished the karthagians and conquered kathargo did not have more then 3 stars. And nearly all of my people i chose have good stats like the needed charisma. In fact, i only had one general with 3 stars. Most of my generals have 0 stars and i conquered alot allready?
What am I doing wrong? The battles are way to hard for me, this way?

CountArach
09-28-2006, 03:08
This is just to make the game harder. it means you don't get any huge morale bonuses from generals being really good. The AI on the other hand get several "free" stars that are added onto whatever traits they have.

The most stars I have ever had was 4 base with a bonus of 2 when attacking and 1 when defending. That guy had been fighting for years upon years and never seemed to lose.

Teleklos Archelaou
09-28-2006, 04:03
Well, you are playing as one faction, and this is (or seems to be) your first game. You are 70 or so years in. You *shouldn't* really expect to have a world-class general like Alexander or Hannibal or someone like that. If you keep having one guy who is victorious, he probably will develop into someone good - but unless you lead him through crazy odds to victory after victory, you won't get someone who is Alexanderesque. Like the Count says though - keep a good lookout on his morale bonuses and things like that too - in certain circumstances he could be a whole lot better than you think! :grin:

Discoskull
09-28-2006, 04:20
This makes me feel good about my 6-star general with +2 when attacking :laugh4:

Yes, I mean to brag...

Trithemius
09-28-2006, 05:07
Casse generals seem to accumulate command stars pretty quick!.

Some of their "training" traits seem really excellent (free stars, influence, battlefield surgery).

Discoskull
09-28-2006, 05:28
Yes, this I noticed - Barae was like Superman

They need this to counter those god-awful vanilla chariots!

Fixiwee
09-28-2006, 10:40
Guess I have to keep fighinting this horrible hard war against the uber-macedonians :)
Thanks.

Avicenna
09-29-2006, 13:31
On the topic of stars: when do your generals start to get traits like 'Lover of Beauty'? At around 15-20k at the turn start my generals got them.. Akrotatos fell from 5 star to 2.

Wandarah
09-29-2006, 14:39
If I could make changes to EB, I'd lighten the command star restrictions/advantages that have been added. Cut 'em in half or so.

I'd also lower the amount of money the AI gets. I found it really annoying to beat a faction down to just a couple of provinces and have them spew out massive armies.

Trithemius
09-30-2006, 15:52
On the topic of stars: when do your generals start to get traits like 'Lover of Beauty'? At around 15-20k at the turn start my generals got them.. Akrotatos fell from 5 star to 2.

Yeah, my horrible selfish destroying sated warmongers have a marked propensity to turn into aesthetes! It's a crying shame after all my diligent training to turn them into borderline psychopathic military geniuses. :wall: