PDA

View Full Version : Tight-focus mods

Tamur
10-02-2006, 17:32
I'm wondering if anyone has heard of plans for some very tightly focused mods, specifically handling regional wars such as the War of the Roses, the Cities War and Priests War (1454-1466, 1467-1479), etc etc?

edit: Puzz3D's post in the Shogun forum (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1257521&postcount=49) in part talks about exactly why I'm wondering. It seems like the conquer-the-universe idea ends up washing out a lot of atmosphere that could be included in a narrowly focused map.

cannon_fodder
10-03-2006, 09:05
It seems like the conquer-the-universe idea ends up washing out a lot of atmosphere that could be included in a narrowly focused map.
I completely agree. It's one of many reasons why I like Shogun better than any other TW game. I also hope to hear of some more tightly-focused mods.

Epistolary Richard
10-03-2006, 23:16
Me too.

Tamur
10-03-2006, 23:34
I'll take the interested-but-no-mods response as a no then. Time to get planning!

Tuuvi
10-03-2006, 23:45
I am trying make a mod about the Ancient Americas. I guess that could be considered a tight focus mod since for some factions it would be more about survival and advancement than empire building, but I could be wrong.

Tamur
10-04-2006, 06:24
hi Lignator, thanks for the comment. I'll be very interested to see an ancient Americas mod!

The sort of thing I'm thinking of is the level of focus in something like Shogun -- i.e. at most covering a single country. The entire campaign map might cover as little as 500 km or even less. As a rough estimate, this sort of setup would limit the factions involved to about a dozen, the provinces involved to under fifty, and the practical length of campaign to something less than 100 turns (no forced limits though, that's terrible).

Sorry that I was rather unclear with this in the first post.

Dol Guldur
10-06-2006, 14:10
Tight-focus mods were wise for RTW and what with the extra modding needed for models etc. in M2TW I should think them even more wise in that game!