PDA

View Full Version : Modding : Community Faction Project

Sun of Chersonesos
10-08-2006, 12:01
TWCenter.net's members have revealed that they wish to mod the game by creating new factions such as Ireland, Lithuania and much more, soem of the factions i believe could overlap others in the campaign but the other ideas are brilliant, the CA gave 30 faction slots so it could be possible to mod an extra 9 factions into the game.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62391&page=1
click this Link for more information regarding extra faction project

:2thumbsup:

Can you imagine hoe exciting it would be with 30 factions!

Sun

Monarch
10-08-2006, 12:12
Actually Total War centre itself are creating a mod? Or jsut people who post there?

Anyway, sounds goos I suppose, extra content is never a bad thing. Though IMO they should try donig one faction at a time, other than one huge super mod, with all the new requried textures, modding will be an even lnoger process in m2.

Sun of Chersonesos
10-08-2006, 12:16
indeed, although i don't want these new factions to be a mini unofficial expansion otherwise there would be no excitement of the other factions that are originally from MTW2 and the new mod combined. i want them both combined if such a thing takes place

Lord ZORO Savage
10-08-2006, 12:23
Fine for me.

Lord ZORO Savage
10-08-2006, 12:38
So,wich factions are there.

Lord ZORO Savage
10-08-2006, 12:39
So,wich factions are there.
Sorry question.Which factions are in the mod?

Sun of Chersonesos
10-08-2006, 12:54
well they're thinking of making ireland, Lithuania, Kiev Serbia and Croatia and there's like 2 more.

However i do believe that Lithuania and Kiev could overlap other factions and some people say cilicians? possible, but to be honest i think that only ireland, cilicia and Croatia will be available because again some factions could overlap others, what i mean by this is if factions are close to eachother, then the new factions might have to originate with some of the settlements of another faction, which consequently would result in the faction being smaller

Epistolary Richard
10-08-2006, 13:06
M2TW Modding lives in the M2TW Modification forum :gasp:

Lusted
10-08-2006, 14:19
And its not TWc itself, its members of TWc who are doing this.

Sun of Chersonesos
10-08-2006, 15:26
I dont care! i'd just like people's htoughts on these mods. first of all

will you get it when and if it comes out?

and btw sorry moderator my fault

Monarch
10-08-2006, 15:29
Nope, because I play multiplayer and it would take away my compatability :)

Epistolary Richard
10-08-2006, 16:23
I dont care! i'd just like people's htoughts on these mods.

The difference is that if, as you said:

"TWCenter.net have revealed that they wish to mod the game by creating new factions such as..."

you're saying that it is being done by the TWC administration, rather than by a few members of their forum. It would be just as saying that TWC was responsible for all the mods featured on their forums.

Edited thread title to avoid confusion.

BTW is this 30 open faction slots actually CA confirmed or still just rumour?

Sun of Chersonesos
10-08-2006, 19:13
sorry moderator sir,

in regard to the 30 faction slots, so far it hasn't been officially confirmed (so far as i know) however the Members at TWC insist that there are 30 faction slots

Sun of Chersonesos
10-08-2006, 19:16

Be that as it may i believe that this mod would spread like wildfire, much like NTW2 except NTW2 is an addition and not necessarily a modification but you get my drift

IrishArmenian
10-08-2006, 19:17
Sounds very good, but I don't want to get in on another forum. I will play it though, I just cannot be on 3 mod teams at one time.

lars573
10-25-2006, 04:51
sorry moderator sir,

in regard to the 30 faction slots, so far it hasn't been officially confirmed (so far as i know) however the Members at TWC insist that there are 30 faction slots
:no: That's asking for trouble. CA said they might, possibly, maybe, put in 30 faction slots. This can only end badly.

Orda Khan
10-25-2006, 10:37
Another clean install of MTW II for mods still allows you to play vanilla on MP.

Be that as it may i believe that this mod would spread like wildfire
Sadly, the MP community are always loathed to play a modded game, even when the given mod provides superior gameplay. It has been this way since STW

.......Orda

PROMETHEUS
10-29-2006, 16:01
if factions are 22 then I would say to add later in time rising powers like Florence , Genoa , Kingdom of Arles and switzerland...