PDA

View Full Version : Tribal Fanatics

DannyK
10-09-2006, 01:37
I know you guys aren't going to do any unit balancing for the next version, but I'd say the Tribal Fanatics warrant the change in policy. Does anyone else find them rediculously over powered? They have a really high attack, charge and defense (speaking of which, why do they have 8 or so armor when they're wearing nothing but rags?) -- all of which is fine if they also didn't have 2 hit points and a unit size of 50 (on large). Plus they're not that expensive. As mercs they cost me like 800 or something. That's just retarded. Shaolin monks cost over 200 more than that and they suck comparatively. I'd say if you want to keep them the same price, just remove one of their hitpoints (and maybe some of their armor) and call it a day. Seems simple enough. Either that or dramatically increase their cost, as they are pretty much second only to ellephants and dragons when it comes to staying power.

Orb
10-09-2006, 18:58
I also found them fairly problematic, I think it's just the hit points, they can do enough to stop elite cavalry with only a small advantage (height, fresh vs. tired, cavalry having suffered casualties, valour...). Compared to Tibetan Infantry (same level, roughly the same cost), they are far more versatile and formidable.

Also, check out the Wang Liang. They absolutely thrash the Japanese Kamikazes, cost the same, suffer less casualties in routing a similar unit, are more resilient to archery (general impression).

Moros
10-09-2006, 19:48
sorry for late respons but my internet is being a real pain in the ***.

Anyway, I'm going to restat units asap, but I don't know how much stat editing there'll be in the next version as I want it to get out asap as it's already taking much to long.

DannyK
10-10-2006, 02:44
Couldn't you just do this one edit? Just remove one hit point? It seems so outrageously unfair.

DannyK
10-10-2006, 03:02
I just did a quick little test: I ran a custom battle with 5 units of shaolin monks (that's over 5,500 Denarii and 150 troops) versus 1 unit of Tribal Fanatics (700 Denarii and 50 troops). Guess who won? :dizzy2: Yeah, I'd say they're waaay unballanced. That's just not right.

Moros
10-11-2006, 15:02
I'll change them.

Al Khalifah
10-11-2006, 17:17
The Wang Liang do seem a little overpowered.

I also find the Korean Firelances to be a little OTT. I always have to turn them off fire at will because though they will pretty much instantly annihiliate enemy units with their high rate of devastating fire they also slaughter my own troops in the way too.

Otherwise - awesome.

DannyK
10-12-2006, 16:43
I'll change them.

Thanks. I think it will massively improve the game.