PDA

View Full Version : Mafia HQ

discovery1
10-11-2006, 02:18
YOu all might be interested in this (http://mafiascum.net/forum/).

Sasaki Kojiro
10-11-2006, 02:25
It's a cool place, I'm a member. The people there really know how to play.

The .org games are much more fun though, because you know everybody.

Kommodus
10-11-2006, 02:44
I looked it up a while back, but never joined. There doesn't seem to be much interest in quality narration there, which to me is half the fun. Also it looks as if many of the games progress more slowly, since so many are going on simultaneously. Nevertheless, there are lots of games to choose from.

Silver Rusher
10-11-2006, 07:10
I looked it up a while back, but never joined. There doesn't seem to be much interest in quality narration there, which to me is half the fun.
Exactly. This is the exact reason why I never joined MafiaScum. The kills are always something like "Sgt_Dribble has been killed in the night". Looks a little boring to me to be honest.

Csargo
03-29-2007, 05:09
How long does it usually take them to let you join?

Sasaki Kojiro
03-29-2007, 05:22
It should be right away. You got an email with your password right? You just can't log in?

Csargo
03-29-2007, 05:25
It should be right away. You got an email with your password right? You just can't log in?

Nah, they have to activate my account because of spammers.

here (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4702)
Seems they've had recently a lot of spammers so I had to sent one of the guys an e-mail that I'm not a spammer. Strange.

CountArach
03-29-2007, 05:32
I joined the other day.

Csargo
03-29-2007, 05:33
What's your username? Both of you. There doesn't seem to be any new games either or can I just not seem them or something?

Csargo
03-29-2007, 06:06
They finally confirmed me now I can't find a game to join. AGH!

Sasaki Kojiro
03-29-2007, 06:26
Go to the "queue" forum. There are newbie games (7 player), mini normal (12 player) and mini theme (12 player weird rules). The other theme games take months and months to play.

the marothon forum has wicked fast games but I think that's temporary.

It could take up to a week to get started in a game so if you joined for a quick mafia fix you might be disappointed.

Csargo
03-29-2007, 06:53
Go to the "queue" forum. There are newbie games (7 player), mini normal (12 player) and mini theme (12 player weird rules). The other theme games take months and months to play.

the marothon forum has wicked fast games but I think that's temporary.

It could take up to a week to get started in a game so if you joined for a quick mafia fix you might be disappointed.

AGH

Crazed Rabbit
03-29-2007, 07:04
I think I might just hang around here at the Org. Narration is half the fun - like GH's final writeup for M6, what with me bursting in guns drawn and all sorts of fun stuff mixed in with all the tension. The other half, of course, is playing with people you know. If everyone's a stranger, it just becomes an intellectual analysis exercise. Also, no one will believe me when I say I'm not lying.
Finally, the third half of the fun is the actual thrill of winning, or just high tension waiting. Not to mention our games don't run on for months and months (!!).

Crazed Rabbit

Csargo
03-29-2007, 07:09
I think I might just hang around here at the Org. Narration is half the fun - like GH's final writeup for M6, what with me bursting in guns drawn and all sorts of fun stuff mixed in with all the tension. The other half, of course, is playing with people you know. If everyone's a stranger, it just becomes an intellectual analysis exercise. Also, no one will believe me when I say I'm not lying.
Finally, the third half of the fun is the actual thrill of winning, or just high tension waiting. Not to mention our games don't run on for months and months (!!).

Crazed Rabbit

It's no fun if you can't even participate in a game. :no:

Sasaki Kojiro
03-29-2007, 07:16

Crazed Rabbit

Well I make up for it by playing in 8 games at once.

The lack of "hmm well I'm not really interested so I'll just vote and disappear for the rest of the day and not listen to logic or reason" is nice as well...at least when you are town :p

Csargo
03-29-2007, 07:17
I'll probably end up not playing if it takes weeks to even get in a game. Also everything there seems to be very clustered.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-29-2007, 07:32
You could probably replace into the game. Check the replacements thread.

CountArach
03-29-2007, 07:46
What's your username? Both of you. There doesn't seem to be any new games either or can I just not seem them or something?

CountArach

I signed up for a Newbie game, just to see how they run things there.

Csargo
03-29-2007, 07:49
http://www.wifom.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1
http://www.misetings.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Couple of mafia sites I could find with Yahoo

Csargo
03-29-2007, 07:52
CountArach

I signed up for a Newbie game, just to see how they run things there.

Hah me too maybe we'll meet on the battlefield of mafia.:mean:

CountArach
03-29-2007, 10:05
...like we do here?

Csargo
03-29-2007, 19:38
...like we do here?

Sure.

Csargo
03-30-2007, 03:25
Well I'm in two games neither has started....

CountArach
03-30-2007, 05:27
The one that I am in just started.

Csargo
03-30-2007, 05:31
The one that I am in just started.

The mini one I'm in should start tomorrow. Hopefully.

Csargo
03-31-2007, 05:44
Mine finally started somewhat

Sasaki Kojiro
04-01-2007, 06:12
Oh God, the tigers.

Csargo
04-01-2007, 06:13
Oh God, the tigers.

Yeah pretty annoying.

On another note the mafia I'm in has four pages of post's. And I missed them all. :shame:

Your's hasn't got past one. :laugh2:

CountArach
04-01-2007, 07:28
Oh God, the tigers.

lol, what are you on about? They are brilliant!

Your's hasn't got past one

Stupid lurkers. Half the posts are me trying to keep the start interesting.

Caius
04-06-2007, 20:47
Somehow I cant join mafiascum

LOL, I make mafiascum down when I registered

Caius
04-07-2007, 04:41
I joined, but Im lost there.

Lord Winter
04-08-2007, 16:28
I've joined a The Lion of the North.

Csargo
04-09-2007, 08:41
Over 8 pages...and I've missed almost half of them:wall:

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BANDWAGON!!
https://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5050/emotbandwagonqr2.gif

pretty sure that appeals to emotion are when someone refrains from logical thought and instead pleads/attacks ppl to get them to bend to their will, eg. 'please dont vote me im not scum i promise its my first game' or 'im not scum you are all so stupid'... fwiw its probably the most ridiculously misunderstood concept on these boards and why most of you suck so much.

and my comments werent childish or emotional... maybe aggressive but im just naturally like that. pretty simple - you ask me a question, i give you an answer, you ignore/deliberately misinterpret that answer = me not answering any more of your questions.

I'll give you a cookie if you can guess who this is. ~;)