PDA

View Full Version : PACM - Pre-Alpha Community Mod

Lusted
10-15-2006, 19:00
Taken from:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1262517#post1262517

PACM - Stage One - Initial planning

Hi all,

First of all this is a generic community freeware mod. It is planned to be in work only around one month max after the release of MTW2 - then work on it will have to stop. Why do we consider that such a mod is necessary?

Because:
- We try to avoid double working (people fixing the same bugs in the same time).
- We try to better share what we found as well as learning faster how to implement new stuff.
- We try to avoid the initial mod chaos by offering an alternative for those who want to help with such a plan and like team play.
- We try to offer this pre-alpha mod as a starting base for future mods without any obligations.
- This modd will not be in competition with any other modd because after around one month it will stop (I repeat my self - so nobody will fear this project).
- This modd is a building bases nothing more and it will not be allowed it to become anything else than just a pre-alpha community mod for MTW2 v1.0.

These mod goals in terms of modifications are:

- Fix the initial left behind by CA bugs (what is possible at least)
- Do minor changes to the balance based mainly on the community initials opinions. (Ex; Cavalry is underpowered - trust me)
- Improve the traits system.
- Change the city names when ever necessary (Polls will be required).
- Discover how to add textures and models - only as a texture-fixing plan - when necessary.
- Discover how to add new provinces.
- Discover the games limitations.
- Pave the way for the MTW2 first modding tutorials.

Since this is a community project anyone from anywhere will be free to join and enter this project. I should let you know that from a managerial point of view such a project is a difficult task.

Anyway the discussion is open and I expect the rest of the members and modders here to contribute with their ideas to this initial plan.

We will work in chapters hat will be voted on and we do have enough time to prepare a fully working and accepted plan.

What do you think - what we should have:

1. Production
2. Development (Textures/maps/models/... all mainly focused on research).
3. Gameplay
4. QA
5. PR and Management - people who gather info and put it in a sort of wiki.

So let's get planning - and show some teamwork!

Thanks,
Burebista

PS. This is an initial document - pls. feel free to participate with your ideas so we (*the community) can make it perfect.

Callatian
10-16-2006, 00:37
I wonder if we could use Myrddraal's database/wiki. I will love to see this guys on the project too.

Cheers

Epistolary Richard
10-16-2006, 01:37
Good luck with this guys! The Org did something similar for RTW (you can find links to the research threads here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=44097) and here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=44048)) which formed the core of the first release of player1's bugfixer. Hopefully your project will be as successful. :thumbsup:

I wonder if we could use Myrddraal's database/wiki. I will love to see this guys on the project too.
People will welcome, nay encouraged, to add to our modding research area when it's opened.

Lusted
10-16-2006, 11:14
Well we would like the project to include modders from the whole Tw community, so i posted it here too see what people thought.