PDA

View Full Version : The Godfather, Part 2 [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Silver Rusher
10-19-2006, 20:22
That's right. The Godfather, Part 2 has come.

Prologue

Vincenzo's Guttering was the name painted on the side of the van that drove casually through the newly repopulated town of Gameroom. It rumbled through the town center and turned, taking the road on the right, without the heads of any of the villagers turning. This sort of company was a common sight around these parts, what with the local obsession with property. About halfway up the road, the van pulled over and 3 modestly dressed 'gutterers' walked up the garden path towards the house they had parked outside. They walked slowly and confidently, in rather an unusual way for gutterers. The first, a man with a large beard and toothless grin dressed in a t-shirt and jeans moved his finger to the doorbell, but before the finger and the bell could make contact the door swung open and the gutterers were greeted by a friendly villager. He caught a glimpse of the van before speaking.

"Ah, brilliant, you are just in time," the villager said in a loud and staged voice, "My gutter really needs help." He leant in close, and, breaking the false air, whispered in a malicious voice "Get in. I have been waiting too long." The three gutterers were quick to oblige.

The front door swung shut behind them and a smile lit up on the villager's face. "Vincenzo's Guttering? You can do better than that."

"It's nice and simple." was the reply from the lead gutterer.

"Vince, Greg, Jake, take a seat." They each pulled up a chair and sat. "Martini?"

"That's a bit stereotypical, isn't it?" Gregorio mused, "Not all us Italians like martini. Oh, and yes, please. Martini is my favourite drink."

"Me too." said Vincenzo and Jacopo consecutively.

The villager picked up a tray of martinis on the counter and put it on the coffee table. "Alright. Now, what's the plan?"

"Yes, the plan." Vincenzo leant in as if he were being watched. "We want you to select two of the town's finest to be your henchmen, and with their help, you will kill everyone-"

"WHAT?!" The villager stood instantly, obviously shocked by this proposal. "You can't be serious! I thought you just wanted by to organise some raids, make a bit of money, that sort of thing. I never signed up to be involved in a massacre."

"I am your superior, and you will do what I say, god-dammit!" Vincenzo was angered by this, "If you don't do what I asked you, your balls will become part of a high voltage electrical circuit before too long. Back to the plan, though. Your henchmen must kill two people each night. The villagers will likely try to execute somebody, and so it is your job to turn the tide against them by making them execute an enemy. There will also probably be a detective, on your trail the whole time and searching for clues. If you find out who this is, you would do well to kill them." He paused. "I think that's all there is. Now get going!" Vincenzo stood, followed by Gregorio and Jacopo. They put on their shoes and were out of the house within seconds. The villager slumped in his chair and buried his head in his hands. No, he wasn't going to sit back and not do his duty. He was to become The Godfather, and he was going to slaughter this sorry town.

Basic Rules (don't bother reading this if you have played Mafia before)

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is the kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases. Usually the first is Night. During Night, the Town can not communicate, but the Mafia can discuss and choose someone to murder. After the Moderator has received the name of the victim, the Moderator reveals the dead player(s), and Day begins.

During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is/isn't revealed by the Moderator, and it is once again Night.

The game alternates between Night and Day until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else.

Rules (even if you have played the previous Godfather game, read anyway. There have been some changes to the rules)

-At the start, instead of choosing all the mafia I will randomly select a Godfather. He will then recruit his own two mafiosi from all of the players available. After this is done I will randomly select a Detective.

-The Godfather will not be able to kill anyone, but if he dies the townspeople win. If one of his mafiosi dies, the other will still only be able to kill one person each round and so there will only be one murder each round. If both his mafiosi die he will then have the power to kill one person each round himself.

-On top of the Godfather and two mafiosi there will be Detective. He can investigate one person each night to find out if they are innocent or guilty. If he investigates the Godfather, however, it will show up as innocent.

-In the previous Godfather, I made the mafia write out their kills exactly as they wanted them to appear. This time, however, they will only need to PM me with the method.

-If you want to confess to being in the mafia or being a detective, you may use quotes, but not screenshots, from any PMs I have sent you.

-You may, unlike the previous game, speculate if you are dead. However, you may not reveal your role once you have died.

-Each game in the The Godfather series will have its own special twist, which will differ between games.

-To vote, you must type Vote: plus the name of the person you wish to vote for. It must also be bolded. Example: Vote: Silver Rusher. You may also Vote: Abstain to not vote in that round without having wrath of god come to you or Vote: No Lynch if you wish for nobody to be lynched.

-I will not be pleased if the huge trend of inactivity present in last game transfers over to this one. So, if you do not vote 3 times in a row, or do not vote 5 times altogether throughout the course of the game, you will be killed by Wrath of God. And, as in Kommodus' mafia, I will try to make this as humiliating as humanly possible. Please, don't sign up without playing.

Gameroom Town Census (sign-ups) (closes at 12:00 PM GMT on Sunday 22nd October)
Sasaki Kojiro
Masy
Big King Sanctaphrax
Csar
GeneralHankerchief
Proletariat
Don Corleone
Seamus Fernanagh
Byzantine Mercenary
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Crazed Rabbit
Ignoramus
Xiahou
Drisos
Peasant Phill
Sir Moody
Cowhead418
Kommodus
Dutch_guy
UltraWar
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Husar
Major Robert Dump
Destroyer of Hope
theRTWGuru
Lemur
Divine Wind
Myrddraal

Post in the thread if you wish to sign the census (or join the game).

Also, if you have a question, feel free to post it in the thread.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-19-2006, 20:32
First!

Masy
10-19-2006, 20:37
Seconded

Big King Sanctaphrax
10-19-2006, 20:38
I'm in.

Csargo
10-19-2006, 20:43
Me too.

GeneralHankerchief
10-19-2006, 21:57
I'm in.

Will there be a mastermind this time?

Silver Rusher
10-19-2006, 22:02
I'm in.

Will there be a mastermind this time?
No, that was the twist last time.

Proletariat
10-19-2006, 22:02
Inx0rz

Don Corleone
10-19-2006, 22:22
I'm in.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-19-2006, 22:42
I'm in.

I think we have our Godfather ~D

Seamus Fermanagh
10-19-2006, 22:46
Will join if possible.

Byzantine Mercenary
10-19-2006, 22:47
im in

Evil_Maniac From Mars
10-19-2006, 22:50
I'm in.

Crazed Rabbit
10-19-2006, 22:52
I'm in.

I won't be a pain this time.

CR

Ignoramus
10-19-2006, 23:18
I'll definitely play.

Xiahou
10-20-2006, 06:01
Sign me up.

Drisos
10-20-2006, 07:44
I'm definitely in. :cool4:

Peasant Phill
10-20-2006, 09:49
I'm in

Sir Moody
10-20-2006, 10:10
sign me up

Cowhead418
10-20-2006, 13:17
I'm in.

Kommodus
10-20-2006, 13:57
Alright, I'll play.

However, I probably won't be able to participate fully until the end of Cosa Nuova, which is where much of my online time is going. So you probably shouldn't expect any brilliant new mafia-hunting ideas from me.

Dutch_guy
10-20-2006, 14:28
Back from Rome, so I'm able to give it my all.

Sign me up.

:balloon2:

UltraWar
10-20-2006, 15:58
Sign me up

Husar
10-20-2006, 23:42
First!
always those little kiddies...~;)

I would like to sign up as well.:2thumbsup:

Major Robert Dump
10-21-2006, 06:41
Oh the drama. Sign me up.

Lord Winter
10-21-2006, 07:01
I'm in

Death Match
10-21-2006, 11:04
Please count me in Silver Rusher.

I am IN.

Dutch_guy
10-21-2006, 11:55
Please count me in Silver Rusher.

I am IN.

For a moment there I thought Gawain joined. :beam:

Silver Rusher
10-21-2006, 12:03
24 HOURS LEFT TO SIGN UP!

(I might not be here when that time is up, but if you sign up past the 12:00 PM GMT cut-off point you won't be allowed into the game anyway)

Divine Wind
10-21-2006, 12:49
Im in.

*Please please please let me be anything but a villager!*

:yes:

ByzantineKnight
10-21-2006, 13:07
I'm in

Silver Rusher
10-22-2006, 09:34
LESS THAN 2 AND A HALF HOURS LEFT TO SIGN UP!

Lemur
10-22-2006, 18:04
Okay, since the rules don't sound too complex, count me in.

Silver Rusher
10-22-2006, 18:28
Okay, since the rules don't sound too complex, count me in.
Well, I was going to close the sign-ups at 12 PM today but seeing as we are fairly low on members, and as I haven't chosen any of the roles yet, I will let you sign up.

On other matters:

SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED. ROLES WILL NOW BE ASSIGNED TO RANDOMLY CHOSEN MEMBERS AND THEY WILL BE PM'D.

Divine Wind
10-22-2006, 18:41
Im in.

*Please please please let me be anything but a villager!*

Please add me to your list SR. I posted this yesterday! I hope that doesnt mean I missed the chance to be a non-villager! :no:

Myrddraal
10-22-2006, 19:05
Oh...

Room for one more?

Silver Rusher
10-22-2006, 19:22
Gyaaaah...

Lucky for you I still haven't got round to PMing anyone...

In you go then.

Drisos
10-22-2006, 19:26
Lucky for you I still haven't got round to PMing anyone...

Hurray!! This means I still have a chance of a role.:yes: :beam: :balloon2:

Kagemusha
10-22-2006, 20:21
gah!Im too late am i?:embarassed:

Silver Rusher
10-22-2006, 20:34
gah!Im too late am i?:embarassed:
Yes, sorry, but I don't want to let any more people in after the deadline was supposed to have closed. You should have joined earlier. Myrddraal is a special case because he missed out last time and said he wanted to play in the next one, and DW is also a special case because I missed him out of the list.

Kagemusha
10-22-2006, 20:36
Ok.Thats how it goes sometimes,your just late.:bow:

Masy
10-22-2006, 21:42
At least your curse wont affect the mafia this time Kage!

GeneralHankerchief
10-22-2006, 22:02
Why should you be so concerned about the curse if you're not in the mafia?

Vote: Masy

:laugh4:

Masy
10-22-2006, 22:18
Thats not funny GH, perhaps YOU are in the mafia because you lack humour!

Vote: GeneralHankerchief

:laugh4: I jest...

Silver Rusher
10-22-2006, 22:43
Ah, I have a bigger PM box! Thank you, mysterious powers! ~;)

Sasaki Kojiro
10-22-2006, 23:19
:biker:

Also, I encourage the use of this smiley:

https://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5050/emotbandwagonqr2.gif

Csargo
10-22-2006, 23:28

Also, I encourage the use of this smiley:

https://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5050/emotbandwagonqr2.gif

Nice Sasaki

Seamus Fermanagh
10-23-2006, 00:07

Isn't this one of the "Village People?"

Young man, I was once in your shoes
I say.....

Sasaki Kojiro
10-23-2006, 00:15

I say.....

I was trying for "mysterious" ~:handball:

GeneralHankerchief
10-23-2006, 03:54

I say.....

Ugh, isn't it bad enough that the "Obnoxious and Disliked" tune pops up in my head whenever Reenk posts? :wall: :laugh4:

Death Match
10-23-2006, 08:00
Vote: GeneralHandkerchief

hehehe..... Jk

Has it even started?

Silver Rusher
10-23-2006, 12:51
Roles have been chosen and PM'd.

If you didn't get a role, you are just a plain villager (however, there is still one other person who will become the Chief of Police).

Myrddraal
10-23-2006, 14:32
Ah fun fun fun.

I read through the whole of the last Godfather, and I was hooked from beginning to end. Thank's a ton for letting me in late SR :bow:

I almost want to fast forward to the end to find out the twist. :tongue:

I'm liking RTW Guru's reasoning :clown:

PS sasaki, that smiley looks like a sweedish guy who hit on one of my (straightest) friends - he was literally wearing a leather cap and jacket. :whip:

Csargo
10-23-2006, 22:47
So when does the game begin? I'm anxious since I'm probably about to die in the other one.

Crazed Rabbit
10-23-2006, 23:51
This time, let's try to avoid electing the Godfather to Chief of Police.
:inquisitive:
CR

Major Robert Dump
10-23-2006, 23:54
Now thats funny

Sasaki Kojiro
10-24-2006, 00:18
This time, let's try to avoid electing the Godfather to Chief of Police.
CR

My intuition tells me he won't be elected this time :listen:

Crazed Rabbit
10-24-2006, 00:27
Well, you weren't much of a help last time.
:furious3:

CR

Death Match
10-24-2006, 09:03
Vote: Devine Wind

Csargo
10-24-2006, 13:34
Vote: Devine Wind

Calm down there sparky the game hasn't started yet.:sweatdrop:

Seamus Fermanagh
10-24-2006, 14:34
...au contraire. The game began even before it began.

Lemur
10-24-2006, 14:39
What's taking so long? Is the "godfather" dithering? Come on, gramps! Pick some brutal henchmen and let's get this show on the road!

Silver Rusher
10-24-2006, 14:43
For those who have asked, the game will start at 9:00 PM GMT today. I was out all yesterday evening so I couldn't do it then, apologies.

Myrddraal
10-24-2006, 17:42
T minus 3 hours!

Masy
10-24-2006, 20:09
53 mins...

UltraWar
10-24-2006, 20:21
39 minutes until D-Day

GeneralHankerchief
10-24-2006, 20:23
39 minutes until D-Day

...plus time for Silver to log on, check his PMs, and rewrite the kills. :smartass2:

Csargo
10-24-2006, 20:42
heh Well guys it should be about time for the start hopefully.

UltraWar
10-24-2006, 21:01
The game has started!

Csargo
10-24-2006, 21:02
The game has started!

I don't think it does until SR posts the kills or whatever. :whip:

Silver Rusher
10-24-2006, 21:15
Day breaks in the Gameroom. All is quiet.

The fair had moved into town recently. It was a joyous occasion for all those who visited, especially Lemur, who was having a great time. He was in the Gameroom after all; how could anything possibly harm him in the Gameroom?

Out of all the wondrous fairground booths, one particularly caught Lemur's eye. It was a bagatelle booth! The mustachioed man in the booth gave him a funny look before opening his mouth to speak.

"Ah, we have a challenger! Very well, step right up and drop the little ball. Where it lands will determine your prize!"

Bagatelle involves a board with metal rods sticking out, which make the ball change direction as it falls. In an ordinary game, this usually makes the ball go into the farthest slot on the right, resulting in no prize. But the one Lemur played was slightly different.

He stepped up to the game board and dropped the ball. He watched it go left, then right, then left, then left, then right, and in the slot that read "Medium Prize!" 'Alright,' Lemur thought.

The mustachioed man handed Lemur a soft, pink pony. Without hesistation, Lemur took it. His daughter had always wanted one of these, and now he dad would be able to give her one. The grin stayed on Lemur's face throughout his day at the fair, and even in the car as he was driving home. As he turned onto the main road he noticed a strange sound coming from the backseat, where he had left the pink pony.

"ticktickticktickticktick"

Lemur's foot slammed the brakes, but before it had any effect...

"KABOOOM!!!" Lemur's car, and his body with it, disappeared into the inferno.

It was safe to say that UltraWar was not the wealthiest man in the Gameroom. In fact, it would have been pretty safe to say he was among the poorest. He was so poor in fact that he and his wife both had to work 2 shifts on their jobs.

Coming home from his job as a machinery operator at the Gameroom Quarry, he was incredibly tired. It was midnight when he even left the place; as you can imagine, being held back on a 2-shift workday isn't the most pleasant experience. He drove along the empty mountain road, winding around the contours of the mountainside at most half awake.

He was so tired that he didn't notice as a van left its parking space on the side of the road until the last minute. Seeing the van he sprung awake and swerved the car straight off the side of the road, and it in turn barrel rolled towards the lake below. Before the car hit the lake with a tremendous splash, UW was able to glimpse the writing written on the side of the van. It read: "Vincenzo's Guttering".

UltraWar was quickly able to get out of his car and swim to the surface. However, he had broken both legs and was unable to move further. Fortunately for him, a passing stranger had seen it all happen. He swam into the lake and dragged UltraWar out.

"I don't know how to thank you," UltraWar began, before seeing the gun pointed in his face. A shot was fired, and UW's body tumbled straight back into the lake...

The people gathered in the centre of town to be addressed by their Chief of Police Divine Wind. Everybody was too anxious, however. This was the first time a single murder had ever taken place in their quiet town.

"Quiet!" DW tried to enforce his will over the murmurs of the crowd. They took no notice however.

"SHUT UP!!!" He yelled his lungs out this time, and a few heads turned but nobody really took any attention.

Losing his patience, DW pulled out his pistol and fired a single shot into the air.

"AAAH!!! SOMEBODY ELSE HAS BEEN MURDERED!!!" a villager screamed as he stood, clutching his head, before noticing DW holding the smoking pistol with a bored expression on his face.

"Take a seat."

"Sorry, sir."

"Anyway, as you are all aware, we have lost two good citizens of our community, Lemur and UltraWar. UltraWar's body was found with a bullet imbedded in his brain and we found traces of TNT in what appears to be a charred 'pony' in Lemur's former car. So, we can only conclude that this was murder."

"We know it was murder!"

"QUIET!" DW was getting annoyed with the distractions, but tried to maintain his composure anyway. "We also know that nobody entered or exited the city since the time of the murders, and so the murders must have been committed by one of you sitting here!" This generated a few murmurs, "QUIET!" the murmurs stopped, "Now, the one man police force has no leads and so, according to the city charter, we must have a vote on who to execute as punishment for these murders. Get to it."

How to vote:
Type Vote: and the name of the person you wish to vote for to be executed all in bold. Example: Vote: Silver Rusher. Instead of the person's name, you may also put Abstain or No Lynch. If you Vote: Abstain it basically means you don't vote but you also don't get a warning. If you Vote: No Lynch it means you vote for nobody to be executed at all.

The Chief of Police role:
-This role was randomly selected from all players in the game except the detective. Yes, it includes the mafia.
-This role cannot be killed at night. If the mafia try to kill the CoP at night, they will not kill anyone.
-However, the role can still be lynched as it is possible for the person to be a mafioso.
-DW must PM me now and every night (after lynchings) to tell me how he wants to execute each person.

Status List

Killed by Mafia:
Lemur
UltraWar

Still alive:
Sasaki Kojiro
Masy
Big King Sanctaphrax
Csar
GeneralHankerchief
Proletariat
Don Corleone
Seamus Fernanagh
Byzantine Mercenary
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Crazed Rabbit
Ignoramus
Xiahou
Drisos
Peasant Phill
Sir Moody
Cowhead418
Kommodus
Dutch_guy
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Husar
Major Robert Dump
Destroyer of Hope
theRTWGuru
Divine Wind
Myrddraal

GeneralHankerchief
10-24-2006, 21:22
Vote: Abstain

This will most likely be changed depending on conversation.

Csargo
10-24-2006, 21:37
I think it is a little early to lynch anyone with no evidence unless someone else has something interesting.

Vote:Abstain

Also UW's murder was pretty aweful why wouldn't the mafia just let him drown. Seems weird. :dizzy2:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-24-2006, 21:40

This will most likely be changed depending on conversation.

Vote:GeneralHankerchief

For starting what could be another cycle of "I abstain, because there isn't enough information to go on, because everyone else abstained, because there isn't enough information to go on, because..."

Drisos
10-24-2006, 21:41
Vote: Divine Wind

He's been consistently voting only a snowman and his vote in the past games. Why was he chosed CoP anyway? We have basically nothing to go on, so I'd like to see him lynched. (btw, I just thought of, will he PM Silver Rusher with the method he himself is lynched? :laugh4: )

There's nothing good (for now), and it's just too easy for him to continue his 'no-discussion' style of voting/posting, while being mafia. No one would notice.

:juggle2:

Csargo
10-24-2006, 21:43

For starting what could be another cycle of "I abstain, because there isn't enough information to go on, because everyone else abstained, because there isn't enough information to go on, because..."

A random kill Sasaki will help no one. Just for Abstaining that's not smart on your part. :inquisitive:

GeneralHankerchief
10-24-2006, 21:43

I thought you said that it was in the mafia's best interests to lynch someone in the first round.

Csargo
10-24-2006, 21:44

. (btw, I just thought of, will he PM Silver Rusher with the method he himself is lynched? :laugh4: ):juggle2:

All I can say is. :laugh4:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-24-2006, 21:48
I thought you said that it was in the mafia's best interests to lynch someone in the first round.

https://img60.imageshack.us/img60/6489/emoteng101gi6.gif Last game it was. There were more power roles than mafia. This game there are more mafia than power roles.

Simple math, people! https://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2158/emotpsyduckvv0.gif

Don Corleone
10-24-2006, 22:10
I'll grant you all that I'm the rookie, but all we know for certain is that neither Lemur nor UltraWar were in the mafia.

Sasaki, with all due respect, you're wrong. The odds of us lynching an innocent person are: (26-3)/(26). Twenty six total players and three guilty ones, right?

So if we have a vote, the odds of us nailing an innocent person, at this stage, are 88.5%. The odds of us actually catching the Godfather are 3.8% and the odds of us catching one of his mafioso are 7.7%.

Personally, I think we need to watch events unfold a little more. Let's see what Divine Wind has to say, and whether his detective happens to get anything.

Detective, remember, the Godfather himself comes back as innocent, so your odds are only 7.7% of getting a mafioso, not the combined 11.5%.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-24-2006, 22:15
Nononononono not this argument again. Don, there will never be a time when we will have a more than 50% chance of lynching mafia. If we never lynch anybody till we are down to 9 people, one wrong lynch means the mafia win, and in that scenario we only have a 1/3 chance of lynching a mafioso. We have to take our chances, it's the only way we'll ever win.

Remember, the mafia get to kill 2 innocents every time we abstain. Abstaining this round gives us nothing to go on next round. It's perfect for mafia.

Unvote:GeneralHankerchief

Vote:Don Corleone

Don Corleone
10-24-2006, 22:34
Your point about not gaining additional information is somewhat valid. You're making the point that we have to try to keep swinging blindly until we see the night murders drop to 1 (and hopefully, the mafia aren't purposely picking the same one, just to throw us off the trail). That part I understand, and I suppose you're right. If all 26 abstain, 2 people die, we just wash, rinse and repeat at 24, 22 etc. The logic is the same at 14 as it is at 26. I'm with you here.

BUT I don't get why once we're down to 9, a single incorrect lynching guarantees mafia victory. The Godfather cannot create new henchmen each night, correct? So if we take out one of his and one of ours, it's down to the GF and one mafiosa, and seven of us (only one dies). Next round, we lynch the wrong guy and another murder, 5 of us, the GF and the mafiosa. We could still catch both of them at that point. Sure, it makes our job harder, but it could be done...

In any case, you're right. We have to start somewhere. To be perfectly fair, I'm going to find a random number generator and pick a number between 1 and 26. Let's see what the randomizer (http://www.random.org/nform.html) deals up...(sidenote, many times this is how I pick my faction and even playing era in MTW). Number 11: sorry buddy. Sure glad #7 didn't come up.

Unvote: Abstain

Vote: Crazed Rabbit.

Proletariat
10-24-2006, 22:55
Can anyone name off the top of their head a few of the more vocal Lemur detractors from the old games? I know he seemed a bit unpopular there at times. Maybe Lemur getting killed so quickly in this game has to do with some personal history.

:dizzy2:

Sir Moody
10-24-2006, 23:06
Vote: Don Corleone

voting via random number generators is just so wrong

Don Corleone
10-24-2006, 23:10
voting via random number generators is just so wrong

Vote for me if you wish, but in this circumstance, with absolutely no information to go on, a random number generator is the correct course of action. It would be a mistake to attempt to 'see' patterns where there are none.

Btw, it's daytime right now, correct? roughly 12 hours from now is when the lynching occurs, correct?

Csargo
10-24-2006, 23:19
Vote for me if you wish, but in this circumstance, with absolutely no information to go on, a random number generator is the correct course of action. It would be a mistake to attempt to 'see' patterns where there are none.

Btw, it's daytime right now, correct? roughly 12 hours from now is when the lynching occurs, correct?

Its usually 24 hours since there are so many people from different time zones

Sasaki Kojiro
10-24-2006, 23:22
BUT I don't get why once we're down to 9, a single incorrect lynching guarantees mafia victory. The Godfather cannot create new henchmen each night, correct? So if we take out one of his and one of ours, it's down to the GF and one mafiosa, and seven of us (only one dies). Next round, we lynch the wrong guy and another murder, 5 of us, the GF and the mafiosa. We could still catch both of them at that point. Sure, it makes our job harder, but it could be done...

9 left, lynch one that's 8, 2 die at night that's six, town won't be able to lynch a mafioso since they don't have a majority, 2 die again at night, townie lynched, mafia win.

In any case, you're right. We have to start somewhere. To be perfectly fair, I'm going to find a random number generator and pick a number between 1 and 26. Let's see what the randomizer (http://www.random.org/nform.html) deals up...(sidenote, many times this is how I pick my faction and even playing era in MTW). Number 11: sorry buddy. Sure glad #7 didn't come up.

Vote: Crazed Rabbit.

2 things

1. Random number generator won't work because everyone will end up with 1 or 2 votes.

2. No discussion. Mafia can just random vote someone and then sit back and watch. It seems you've found yet another way for the mafia to avoid attention.

Don, the real point of round 1 is not to lynch a mafioso (highly doubtful), but to get the mafia to post so that later in the endgame we can find evidence in these pages.

Dutch_guy
10-24-2006, 23:40
Some interesting discussions going on here, do note how at least three fourth of all the people playing hasn't said anything yet - so claiming someone's a mafioso for the sole reason of using a randomizer is a bit overenthusiastic don't you think ?

As for now, I don't really know what to go on, as said, tons of people haven't said anything yet and chances are high one of those is a mafioso.

So for now, Vote:Abstain.

It's getting late here now, so I'm off to bed.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-24-2006, 23:42
Some interesting discussions going on here, do note how at least three fourth of all the people playing hasn't said anything yet - so claiming someone's a mafioso for the sole reason of using a randomizer is a bit overenthusiastic don't you think ?

Well, people respond to accusations...

Crazed Rabbit
10-25-2006, 00:10
*At Crazed Rabbit's Tree and Gleann Pub, CR hears the recent news and stops eating his steak*

What's this Don?

I'm getting voted to be lynched (to death, you know!) because of a random number system?!

Of all the farfetched reasons...

Now, I can understand that you're new and all, and I can forgive the 'lets not lynch anyone' and other errors.

But this? This I cannot forgive.

You broke my heart, Don, you broke my heart.
:shame:
CR

Xiahou
10-25-2006, 00:28
Can anyone name off the top of their head a few of the more vocal Lemur detractors from the old games? I know he seemed a bit unpopular there at times. Maybe Lemur getting killed so quickly in this game has to do with some personal history.

I'd also like to know this. I think it's quite likely that the victims have some history with their mafioso killers.

Don Corleone
10-25-2006, 00:32
My screen name aside, I must be the worst player in the history of the game. Sasaki actually made a good point about the random number. So...

Unvote: Crazed Rabbit

Vote: Abstain (for now :inquisitive:)

And Crazed Rabbit, I humbly and shamefully beg for yoru forgiveness... ~:mecry:

Cowhead418
10-25-2006, 00:35
9 left, lynch one that's 8, 2 die at night that's six, town won't be able to lynch a mafioso since they don't have a majority, 2 die again at night, townie lynched, mafia win.

2 things - I'm not disagreeing with you here about lynching, I'm just making a point:

1. If we lynch a mafioso, that means that only ONE person will be killed the next night, not two.

2. If we lynch the Godfather, we win. We don't need to execute his henchmen to achieve victory.

For now, I Vote: Drisos for using some sketchy reasoning. If you noticed, Divine Wind did not use the Snowman in Cosa Nuova and was innocent despite the change in behavior. I agree with Sasaki here. We have to get everyone into the discussion. If the mafia barely have to talk, then they can avoid attention. This is what happened in the last Godfather - there was very little discussion so I easily avoided suspicion. The last time I tried to promote discussion I got lynched, but I urge the town to not allow the lurkers or one-liners to get-by so easily this time around.

GeneralHankerchief
10-25-2006, 00:41
Going way back to Mafia II, where Lemur was a mafioso, he killed the following people:

Zalmoxis (not playing)
The Spartan (not playing)
Sasaki Kojiro
SSNeoperestroika (not playing)
Divine Wind
Ignoramus
Alexander the Pretty Good (not playing)

In addition, I seem to remember Drisos going after Lemur with a particular vigor in Mafia III.

However, that's not good enough evidence to vote. My guess is that it was just one of the newer players reading the old threads and trying to get the reaction that it was a revenge killing. I do chalk up the Randomizer to the Don's newness, but if he does anything else that's suspicious, then that's different.

Finally, Sasaki's just being Sasaki. In the meantime, my vote stays as abstain (there IS a difference between Abstain and No Lynch, you know).

Don Corleone
10-25-2006, 01:12
Wow, I really suck at this. What is the difference between abstain and no-lynch?

Proletariat
10-25-2006, 01:14
That was only clarified last game, I believe. Anyway, if everyone abstained but one person voted Reenk, he'd die. No lynch is actually voting that no one gets strung up.

Csargo
10-25-2006, 02:00
Ya'll need to leave Don alone he's a noob he's just learning the game if you kill him now he may not want to play again.

Myrddraal
10-25-2006, 02:27

I have to agree... I've only played one game of mafia, and I can see the cycle. It's dangerous. It's always in the interests of the town to lynch. Consider it this way. If we don't lynch, it's like giving the mafia twice as many kills this turn. GH I'd have thought you'd have got that by now :inquisitive:

Argh this reminds me of the last (and only) game I played in. There's so little info to go by :sad: As far as I can tell, the only info we have is that Lemur has some past experience of being targeted by people.

Zalmoxis (not playing)
The Spartan (not playing)
Sasaki Kojiro
SSNeoperestroika (not playing)
Divine Wind
Ignoramus
Alexander the Pretty Good (not playing)
This really isn't enough to go by, but it's all I've got. Sorry folks, but you're all moving a (small) step up on my suspiciousness list.

Byzantine Mercenary
10-25-2006, 02:34
so little to go on, well i have no idea except that someone should get lynched, so i will abstain and leave it to you guys as to who exactly dies...

Xiahou
10-25-2006, 02:38
However, that's not good enough evidence to vote. My guess is that it was just one of the newer players reading the old threads and trying to get the reaction that it was a revenge killing. I do chalk up the Randomizer to the Don's newness, but if he does anything else that's suspicious, then that's different.It's not enough to be sure- but it's something and in the first round we dont have much to go on. Now the question is who of those are most likely?

Finally, Sasaki's just being Sasaki. In the meantime, my vote stays as abstain (there IS a difference between Abstain and No Lynch, you know).Yeah, I dont think the odds are good of him being mafia again- although it is of course possible....:dizzy2:

Anyhow, for lack of anything better I'm going to:

vote: Divine Wind

Lemur
10-25-2006, 02:52
Lemur whispers from the dead:

"My method of death was dictated by comic irony. Examine my quote in GH's siggy and all will be clear ..."

Myrddraal
10-25-2006, 02:53
Yeah, I dont think the odds are good of him being mafia again

ARGH! Another logical fallacy. I swear I saw this discussed before. Just because Sasaki has been mafia before makes it no less likely that he is mafia this time round. There is no such thing as a law of averages!

Myrddraal
10-25-2006, 02:59
Just a thought for those voting DW. If we lynch the CoP will he be replaced? If not, we probably don't want to go about killing him just yet.

Silver?

Sasaki Kojiro
10-25-2006, 03:00
ARGH! Another logical fallacy. I swear I saw this discussed before. Just because Sasaki has been mafia before makes it no less likely that he is mafia this time round. There is no such thing as a law of averages!

Logically correct. However I am less likely to be mafia. Only one is chosen randomly remember, and no godfather in his right mind would choose me as a mafioso after what happened last game. No good losing a mafioso round one is it. or 2 as the case may be...lolz

Seamus Fermanagh
10-25-2006, 03:10
Vote: Divine Wind (subject to change)

Rationale: producing a tie in votes. I am reluctant to take Don C out quite this quickly -- if you sign up for a mafia game wearing the handle Corleone, you just shouldn't be bounced quite so quickly.:2thumbsup:

As with everyone else, there is no evidence of any substantive nature behind this vote. I do agree with Cowhead that we need to unlurk a few more folks.

NOBODY is voting not to lynch. The abstainers are just saying "pick one, I don't care." Not lynching is only a good choice in the rare instances that you are fairly sure that the townie power roles exceed those of the mafiosi.

By-the-by Cowhead, I only defended Silver and helped shift Moody's CN vote against you because I knew Ag to be innocent. It had nothing to do with getting on his good side prior to this game he's hosting. I swear.:beam:

Myrddraal
10-25-2006, 03:16
@Sasaki :yes: though that doesn't exclude you from my suspicions I'm afraid. A godfather might choose you for exactly that reason - because surely no one would choose Sasaki again? The point I was trying to make was that it's dangerous to discount people based on the number of times they've been mafia before. I personally am trying to not let it affect me at all.

I'm tending towards lynching one of the three who had something against Lemur. I know it's hardly conclusive evidence, but it's all we've got to go by. It seems the popular vote is for DW, but I'm hesitating before voting for him until I know if we keep a CoP.

EDIT hmm. The more I think about this Lemur thing, the less convinced I am. Gah! It's all we've got to go by, but it really isn't much.

Vote:Abstain for now. (note, not no lynch)

Sasaki Kojiro
10-25-2006, 03:20
Lynching based on who was killed is a terrible idea. At this stage the mafia is choosing who to kill with the intent of creating a red herring.

We should instead vote based on who would be chosen mafioso by the Godfather.

Unvote:Don Corleone
Vote:Drisos

I'd choose him if I was Godfather. He always seems so innocent.

Seamus Fermanagh
10-25-2006, 03:31
Unvote: Divine Wind

As I said, bouncing Don C this early was un-needed. I really don't have a vote in mind yet. Sasaki and Eyeless are both making points.

ByzantineKnight
10-25-2006, 04:07
I'm in

Status List

Killed by Mafia:
Lemur
UltraWar

Still alive:
Sasaki Kojiro
Masy
Big King Sanctaphrax
Csar
GeneralHankerchief
Proletariat
Don Corleone
Seamus Fernanagh
Byzantine Mercenary
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Crazed Rabbit
Ignoramus
Xiahou
Drisos
Peasant Phill
Sir Moody
Cowhead418
Kommodus
Dutch_guy
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Husar
Major Robert Dump
Destroyer of Hope
theRTWGuru
Divine Wind
Myrddraal

Aren't I in?

Husar
10-25-2006, 04:11
At 5 am I wanted to remind you mathematical geniuses of that new rule saying:

-The Godfather will not be able to kill anyone, but if he dies the townspeople win. If one of his mafiosi dies, the other will still only be able to kill one person each round and so there will only be one murder each round. If both his mafiosi die he will then have the power to kill one person each round himself.

Which essentially means once we get one mafioso, we will only see one kill per round giving us more time and also proving the last lynched person guilty.
In return logic or however that is called this means if two kills happen, the last lynched person was innocent. Happy thinking, I will post my vote after some sleep.:2thumbsup:

Csargo
10-25-2006, 04:27
Though I haven't seen enought evidence to unvote my abstain Sasaki's reasoning does seem right the Godfather would most likely pick people who always seem innocent. Though I don't know about Drisos never paided any attention to him.

Edit: Oh yeah BK you should be in. Silver must have forgot.

Crazed Rabbit
10-25-2006, 05:09
*CR is finishing his steak and hears the news of Don C's change in heart*

Wonderful news. I forgive you Don.

Unvote: Don C
Vote: Drisos

I wonder if he wants the CoP lynched so he can install one of his fellow mafioso?

Mainly a discussion vote.

Crazed Rabbit

ByzantineKnight
10-25-2006, 05:27

Sasaki Kojiro
10-25-2006, 05:28
At 5 am I wanted to remind you mathematical geniuses of that new rule saying:

Which essentially means once we get one mafioso, we will only see one kill per round giving us more time and also proving the last lynched person guilty.
In return logic or however that is called this means if two kills happen, the last lynched person was innocent. Happy thinking, I will post my vote after some sleep.:2thumbsup:

You mean...same as last game? ~:eek:

Csargo
10-25-2006, 06:06

@CR who are you talking about?

Drisos
10-25-2006, 06:29
We should instead vote based on who would be chosen mafioso by the Godfather.

Unvote:Don Corleone

I'd choose him if I was Godfather. He always seems so innocent.

I wish I had been chosen... still haven't got any special role.. This is not much evidence either of course. But it's better then my case against Divine Wind. :sweatdrop: Espcially seen what Cowhead pointed out, that Divine had already given up the snowman strategy.

Vote: Dutch_Guy

Why him? Well I don't like the nature of that last post... a bit suspicious.. still I think you have a better chance of getting a mafioso by lynching me.:embarassed:

Peasant Phill
10-25-2006, 09:02
Vote: General Hanky

Why? We don't know anything yet so I might as well just pick someone randomly.

Death Match
10-25-2006, 09:32

I am growing suspicious of you.....

Major Robert Dump
10-25-2006, 09:35
Who might be chosen as mafia is going to vary depending on who is godfather. The idea that someone may not be chosen because of their past and drawing heat actually works both ways, so the thing to remember is that the mafia goons were not random. Killing one goon may even make it more likely to figure out who the boss is who chose said goon.

I don't like the fact that the Chief of Police could possibly be mafia, and his being immune to night kills makes it the perfect cover for him yet the worst possible thing to happen to the village.. And unless I missed something he wasn't voted in. Not a job I would want, personally.

VOTE: Divine Wind

Major Robert Dump
10-25-2006, 09:36
VOTE: Divine Wind

sorry can't edit

Big King Sanctaphrax
10-25-2006, 10:59
Wow, there really is very little to go on here. I think voting on the basis of Lemur being killed is a really poor idea, as he's such an obvious kill for a frame-up, which is what the mafia always try to do in the opening rounds. I'm tempted to vote for Don, since if I was the Godfather I would be completely unable to resist picking him as a henchman. However, the Godfather probably isn't as silly on that front as me, so I might hold off on that one for a bit.

So far the most compelling argument I've heard is Sasaki's, suggesting we try and pick someone the Godfather would. With this in mind, I Vote: Doc_Bean. He never seems to attract any suspicion, and I'd choose him if I was doing the choosing.

Edit: Ha, Doc isn't actually playing. Ok. No Vote: Doc_Bean, Vote: Dutch_Guy. Again, he's someone who never seems to draw suspicion.

Silver Rusher
10-25-2006, 11:07
Just a thought for those voting DW. If we lynch the CoP will he be replaced? If not, we probably don't want to go about killing him just yet.

Silver?
That's right.

Aren't I in?
Woops... very sorry about that. It is probably because you posted at the same time as my 2 and a half hours left message, so I didn't notice it. Unfortunately, there wouldn't be any point at all in letting you in now as everyone would know you are innocent and you would be killed straight away by the mafia.

Maybe I should put this as a note in future games I host: If you sign up and aren't put on the list, please, please tell me so I can correct it. I was able to do this with Divine Wind even though he posted after the sign-ups should have been closed because I hadn't chosen the roles yet. So, maybe wait until a couple more people have had their names added to the list after you sign-up, and if yours hasn't chances are I will forget to add you to the game altogether unless you tell me.

Major Robert Dump
10-25-2006, 11:10
I may still reconsider my vote. Can the chief stop lynchings? I also suggest to our detective that the chief be the first person to be investigated.

Major Robert Dump
10-25-2006, 11:11
So the Chief will be replaced?

Silver Rusher
10-25-2006, 11:11
I may still reconsider my vote. Can the chief stop lynchings? I also suggest to our detective that the chief be the first person to be investigated.
No, the chief can't stop lynchings. (that would be some poor democracy, don't ya think ~;))

Death Match
10-25-2006, 11:23
That's right.

Quote:Originally Posted by ByzantineKnight
Aren't I in?

Woops... very sorry about that. It is probably because you posted at the same time as my 2 and a half hours left message, so I didn't notice it. Unfortunately, there wouldn't be any point at all in letting you in now as everyone would know you are innocent and you would be killed straight away by the mafia.

What do you mean? Byzantine_Mercinary is on the original list!

extract:

Seamus Fernanagh
Byzantine Mercenary
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Crazed Rabbit
Ignoramus

Death Match
10-25-2006, 11:27
Can't wait till the execution.........

Major Robert Dump
10-25-2006, 11:32
Byzantine Mercenary is innocent, as if he were mafia Silver would have recognized him as being in the game still I'm sure. I didn't seem to notice a Doctor in the rules list this game, cuz BM is gonna need one next round.

Silver Rusher
10-25-2006, 11:34
How does this keep happening? People are constantly getting confused between Byzantine Mercenary and ByzantineKnight. OK, fine, I admit I did as well in Komm's game. They are two different people, you know.

Sir Moody
10-25-2006, 11:37
yay im not alone i cant tell the two apart most the time :help:

Major Robert Dump
10-25-2006, 11:41
I'm trying to confuse the mafia so they kill him and not me

Major Robert Dump
10-25-2006, 11:45
I think Byzantine Prince is the Godfather

Husar
10-25-2006, 11:46
I only read the last two threads, Cosa Nuova and the one before by GH.
And then I saw people here estimating about two kills until the end so I wanted to remind them.
And now I am wondering whether you were really surprised or very sarcastic towards a noob.~:rolleyes:
And I like this concept better actually.

Concerning my vote, well, it's really hard, isn't it?

Vote: theRTWGuru because Don is right and he is suspicious of Don.
I also want to promote my reasoning and vote to others because it is at the very least as baseless as any other.:clown:

Dutch_guy
10-25-2006, 12:11
Wow, there really is very little to go on here. I think voting on the basis of Lemur being killed is a really poor idea, as he's such an obvious kill for a frame-up, which is what the mafia always try to do in the opening rounds. I'm tempted to vote for Don, since if I was the Godfather I would be completely unable to resist picking him as a henchman. However, the Godfather probably isn't as silly on that front as me, so I might hold off on that one for a bit.

So far the most compelling argument I've heard is Sasaki's, suggesting we try and pick someone the Godfather would. With this in mind, I Vote: Doc_Bean. He never seems to attract any suspicion, and I'd choose him if I was doing the choosing.

Edit: Ha, Doc isn't actually playing. Ok. No Vote: Doc_Bean, Vote: Dutch_Guy. Again, he's someone who never seems to draw suspicion.

And you always do ?

I'd argue at least half of the people in the game are rather anonymous players, and I don't even count myself in that group. So, of all the people who never garner suspicion in the games, you pick me ?

Now why would you do that, I wonder.

Ignoramus
10-25-2006, 12:33
Vote: Ignoramus

Death Match
10-25-2006, 14:16
As suspicions rise, the climax begins to climb. Who killed Ultra War? Why would anybody want to kill him? He could have helped made this more interesting.

Big King Sanctaphrax
10-25-2006, 14:17
And you always do ?

Well, I don't know, I'm hardly going to vote for myself though, am I? ~;) All I know is that you seem to project a sort of aura of town-ness, which is what I would look for in my henchmen as the Godfather-unless I was trying for a double bluff.

Silver Rusher
10-25-2006, 14:27
As suspicions rise, the climax begins to climb. Who killed Ultra War? Why would anybody want to kill him? He could have helped made this more interesting.
I'm the narrator! :inquisitive:

Sigurd
10-25-2006, 14:39
I have to go through this thread to decide...
For now - Vote:Abstain

Don Corleone
10-25-2006, 16:26
So does anybody have a running tally thus far? I know I'm the leading candidate to be pushing up daisies in 5 hours, but what's my margin?

Seamus Fermanagh
10-25-2006, 16:40
Drisos = 4, Dutch., Don C & Divine Wind = 2

Don Corleone
10-25-2006, 17:05
Huzzah! I just might actually live through my first day in the game!

Divine Wind
10-25-2006, 18:44

He's been consistently voting only a snowman and his vote in the past games. Why was he chosed CoP anyway? We have basically nothing to go on, so I'd like to see him lynched. (btw, I just thought of, will he PM Silver Rusher with the method he himself is lynched? :laugh4: )

There's nothing good (for now), and it's just too easy for him to continue his 'no-discussion' style of voting/posting, while being mafia. No one would notice.

:juggle2:

Ah Driso's my friend, I stopped using the Snowman of Death in the current game of mafia, Mr Kommodus is running "Cosa Nuova" and until my death, I was posting quite a lot, about 10 posts I believe. Have a look, I contributed quite a lot, especially in the Kage/Sasaki saga. I did lurk in the previous games, only because currently I work 52 hours a week, and its hard to read and comment on every single post in detail. ~;)

But you are right, it would be a good cover, but I don't use it anymore as it brought me more suspicion than providing me with good cover.

I do hope the Detective will investigate myself this round, and see I am innocent. The only reason I ask this is because this is the first time in the mafia games ive had a role to play, so it will make it more interesting for me to play till the end :yes:

For now my vote will be Vote: Abstain until I see something that raises my suspicions.

Proletariat
10-25-2006, 18:49
Since everything is completely baseless so far, I'll Vote: Abstain for now, but will prolly pick a random person who's been voted for already before the dead line. After all, someone's gotta go.

:hanged:

Masy
10-25-2006, 19:06
Ignoramus:

Vote: Ignoramus

Why do people do this? They sign up for a game then act like they don't want to be in it. Either he's trying to be comical or he's in the mafia (which I doubt because anyone who's ever done this wasn't eg Kagemusha.) It vexes me.

Anyway, vote: Abstain as I have no grounds to base a vote on.

Kommodus
10-25-2006, 19:41

Wow, I've never done that before. It feels... odd.

I'll have to come back and look over these posts more when I have more time. It shouldn't be too long, I hope.

Don Corleone
10-25-2006, 20:42
Does anybody else find it odd that with a little over 2 hours left to go, our chief of police, who himself has aroused suspicions in some, has had nothing to say?

But, he's far from the only one: Evil Maniac from Mars and Destroyer of Hope haven't had anything to say either. There's been several other folks who made 1 liners or talked about the randomness of it all (and yes, I know, I fall into that category too).

Still, before I change my abstain vote, I have one last question, before I go forward on my hunch.... can the mafioso PM each other or the Godfather to arrange their strategy of posting? Also, the selection of the Godfather was random, but he/she picked their mafioso (not random), correct?

Sasaki Kojiro
10-25-2006, 20:47
Does anybody else find it odd that with a little over 2 hours left to go, our chief of police, who himself has aroused suspicions in some, has had nothing to say?

But, he's far from the only one: Evil Maniac from Mars and Destroyer of Hope haven't had anything to say either. There's been several other folks who made 1 liners or talked about the randomness of it all (and yes, I know, I fall into that category too).

Unfortunatly there are always a lot of lurkers :no:

Still, before I change my abstain vote, I have one last question, before I go forward on my hunch.... can the mafioso PM each other or the Godfather to arrange their strategy of posting? Also, the selection of the Godfather was random, but he/she picked their mafioso (not random), correct?

Yes they can. We had dozens of emails and a few IM conversations last game.

And the mafioso were picked.

Csargo
10-25-2006, 20:50

Since your new to the game I'll try to help you out a wee bit. :yes:
I don't think the Police Chief really knows anything he just carries out the executions unless I missed something. DoH always seems to lurk in these games and I don't know about EMFM. I think they can communicate via PM. Yes SR said that the GF picks his own mafioso.

Dang Sasaki beat me too the punch. :no:
Csar runs away and cries.

Don Corleone
10-25-2006, 20:55
Does anybody else find it odd that two people, not one, not three but two focused their argument on Lemur's old enemies? :stupido2:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-25-2006, 20:59
Does anybody else find it odd that two people, not one, not three but two focused their argument on Lemur's old enemies? :stupido2:

Now that is interesting. Who were they?

I know when I set up kills wanting the town to think a certain thing I was careful not to mention it. These mafiosos may not have been so careful though.

Seamus Fermanagh
10-25-2006, 21:01
Don C:

I see you're clambering up the learning curve nicely. I knew I pushed to save you for a reason.

Let me look up the twain....

Drisos
10-25-2006, 21:31
Drisos = 4, Dutch., Don C & Divine Wind = 2

So I'm about to be executed? Please don't! Lynch me later if I survive. Lynch someone else now, lynching me won't help you :no:

In order to have a chance of survival:

Unvote: Dutch_Guy

After all, I'm sure about myself being innocent, can't say that about Don. ~;)

Silver Rusher
10-25-2006, 21:32
Sorry, Drisos...

***VOTING CLOSED****

Divine Wind
10-25-2006, 21:35

The first round is all just speculation, there is not really much to go on at all. However certain Mafia members in other games have made mistakes in their first couple of posts, so it is something to bear in mind, especially in round two.

By the way, my role has no privileges or hindsights like the detective. All I do is PM Silver Rusher on how I want the lynched person to be executed!

So far, everyone is keeping their cards close to their chests.

Don Corleone
10-25-2006, 21:46
Is there a gap between when the mafia select their targets and when voting closes?

It would be really interesting to make a really strong argument to lynch somebody, but wait until after they've sent in their kill orders for the day. If the following day the arguer dies, you'll know the person they were trying to prosecute was guilty (mafia will be thinking 'whew, just barely made it. Better get him out of there before he does me any real damage'). If I get picked off tonight.... seek the two who speak as one .

Csargo
10-25-2006, 21:50
Is there a gap between when the mafia select their targets and when voting closes?

It would be really interesting to make a really strong argument to lynch somebody, but wait until after they've sent in their kill orders for the day. If the following day the arguer dies, you'll know the person they were trying to prosecute was guilty (mafia will be thinking 'whew, just barely made it. Better get him out of there before he does me any real damage'). If I get picked off tonight.... seek the two who speak as one .

Who are your two? Cause I count three.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-25-2006, 21:51

Dangerous ground. Anyway the mafia officially choose there kills up to a day after the voting closes. Sometimes sooner. But in your scenario you can't rule out coincidence. People argue against someone who is innocent, then die, this happens all the time.

Sigurd
10-25-2006, 21:54
Now that is interesting. Who were they?

I know when I set up kills wanting the town to think a certain thing I was careful not to mention it. These mafiosos may not have been so careful though.

Would that be our players with the hidden profile activity?
Could our Godfather have chosen two of the three players that have chosen to hide their activity level?
Since Kommodus is playing, it could be the Godfather is afraid of getting caught beacuse of someone monitoring pm activity.
Our Godfather could even be Kommodus. :skull:

Awaiting a mafia visit this coming night. :sweatdrop:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-25-2006, 21:58
Would that be our players with the hidden profile activity?
Could our Godfather have chosen two of the three players that have chosen to hide their activity level?
Since Kommodus is playing, it could be the Godfather is afraid of getting caught beacuse of someone monitoring pm activity.
Our Godfather could even be Kommodus. :skull:

Awaiting a mafia visit this coming night. :sweatdrop:

Hey, there's a thought. Since Kommodus found the mafia so quickly last game, he'd be a good choice for mafioso.

Silver Rusher
10-25-2006, 22:19
Evening in the Gameroom.

Chief of Police Divine Wind rolled his eyes as he was handed the tally with the votes on it. He was only a single vote away from being in a tie with Drisos. Surprisingly for a first round, however, not a single person had voted not to lynch anyone. Most of them had abstained.

"Very well," he began with a loud voice to the expectant crowd, "Those of you who didn't abstain (he rolled his eyes again) chose to lynch Drisos. As this is the case, we have brought in a special guest to deal with the execution." He pulled a dirty cloth from what looked like a large chair next to it.

"This is the electric chair." DW began, gesturing to the machine, "All we need to do is put Drisos in the chair," he grabbed Drisos and forcefully shoved him into the electric chair, "Then, we strap him in," he said, before following his own instructions, "Then, place a damp sponge on his head," he took out a kitchen sponge from a bucket of water and squeesed it, before putting it on Drisos' head, "Finally, we place electrodes on his body and pull the switch." Electrodes were clumsily placed on Drisos' head and legs, and DW pulled the switch.

Nothing happened.

"Hmm, must have forgotten something..." he said, flipping the switch back and forth frustratedly, "Maybe the electrodes went on the wrong way round." He switched the electrodes and pulled the switch. Again, nothing happened.

"You need to shave his head and legs!"

Ignoring this, DW then mused, "Perhaps the sponge isn't damp enough."
He clumsily picked up the bucket and poured it on Drisos' head, which became soaked along with his clothes and body, "There we go. Maybe I need to turn up the voltage, too." He changed the voltage from 2,000 to 5,000. "That should do it."

DW pulled the switch, and after the water vapourised Drisos' body caught fire.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHH!!!" He screamed in agony and spasmed uncontrollably for a few seconds, even breaking the flimsy metal cuffs and landing on the floor. Although he died quickly, his body remained on fire for a long time afterwards, along with the chair itself which had already been reduced to a crisp.

"Woops..." DW turned around the bucket to see "Spare Diesel for Car" scribbled on the back." He flinched when he saw this.

"Err... go home everybody. Nothing to see here." DW backed away slowly, before starting to run.

Tally:
Abstain: 11 votes
Drisos: 3 votes :skull:
Divine Wind: 2 votes
GeneralHankerchief: 2 votes
Dutch_guy, theRTWGuru and Ignoramus: 1 vote each

Status List

Killed By Mafia:
Lemur
UltraWar

Lynched:
Drisos

Still alive:
Sasaki Kojiro
Masy
Big King Sanctaphrax
Csar
GeneralHankerchief
Proletariat
Don Corleone
Seamus Fernanagh
Byzantine Mercenary
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Crazed Rabbit
Ignoramus
Xiahou
Peasant Phill
Sir Moody
Cowhead418
Kommodus
Dutch_guy
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Husar
Major Robert Dump
Destroyer of Hope
theRTWGuru
Divine Wind
Myrddraal

PMs please guys.

Don Corleone
10-25-2006, 22:23
Now isn't that a pisser. The mafia is screwing with us... they didn't kill anybody this round, just letting us do their dirty work for them. :furious3: Poor Drisos, we hardly knew ye.... Hey, Chief, invest in some eyeglasses, huh?

Csargo
10-25-2006, 22:28
Let's see if I can explain this.

There are two seperate times in the game. One is daytime when we vote to lynch people. Second is night time when the mafia kill people and the Detectives investigate I think. Hope that helps

Sigurd
10-25-2006, 22:28
Now isn't that a pisser. The mafia is screwing with us... they didn't kill anybody this round, just letting us do their dirty work for them. :furious3: Poor Drisos, we hardly knew ye.... Hey, Chief, invest in some eyeglasses, huh?
Alright Donny boy,
There is two phases to a day.. the night where the mafia kills - the day when the townies lynch...

Day 1:
Lemur and Ultrawar is killed during the night
Drisos is lynched during the day.

Day 2:
night is soon upon us.

[edit]:damn Csar... do you do this often?

Sasaki Kojiro
10-25-2006, 22:29
That was quite gruesome.

Don Corleone
10-25-2006, 22:35
But quite imaginitive!

So, around this time tomorrow night is the next night phase, and we'll find out who's the next mafia kills? Okay, I got it. The 'night' and 'day' were throwing me. So each 'night' happens every other real day, with 'day' thrown in every other day, on the off day, as well?

Csargo
10-25-2006, 22:37
[edit]:damn Csar... do you do this often?

As much as I can. :beam:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-25-2006, 22:37
But quite imaginitive!

So, around this time tomorrow night is the next night phase, and we'll find out who's the next mafia kills? Okay, I got it. The 'night' and 'day' were throwing me. So each 'night' happens every other real day, with 'day' thrown in every other day, on the off day, as well?

And then there are "leap days" in which the amount of time in the day is reduced by a certain amount according to the percentage of the moon that is currently visible. Today is Wednesday, right?

Don Corleone
10-25-2006, 22:39
Today is Wednesday. Our next lynching will take place on Friday, and there will be mafia kills on Thursday and Saturday, if I understand the game time correctly.

Sorry mafia, guess you're not screwing with us or being lazy.

Major Robert Dump
10-26-2006, 00:39
Ok, had I remembered before leaving for work this morning I would have possibly withdrew my vote and requested everyone abstain from a lynching...sorry Divine Wind, it's just that I don't like the role of chief or really even thinks it serves a purpose, particularly if the chief is always replaced. (is it random or a vote?) Nonetheless, investigating the Chief should always be the detectives first priority, whoever he may be.

I realize this argument has been had in all the other games before, as well as this game, but lets see if I understand this:

-Last round, our chances of lynching an innocent is 22:3, including a lynch of the detective
-We will lose two innocents per round regardless, yet by lynching we guarantee we lose 3, taking into account the 22:3 curve
-I know it makes for boring play, but until we have a smaller pool of innocents, our chances of a good lynching is not increased...if we lose 2 per round our chances will go 20:3/18:3/16:3/14:3...if we lose 3 per round we will taper more quickly to the kill zone at 19:3/16:3/13:3/11:3 but we will also more quickly reach the point where the mafia have the upperhand because of their voting advantage. This, of course, is all assuming our lynchings up to that point have all been bad lynchings. In the case of a good lynching, which we wouldn't know until the next morning after the mob kills are posted, our raw chances of lynching the right person would go down, but our voting and guilt by association reasoning would give us the upperhand.

This is my first time in the game, and I'm quite confused TBH. Someone needs to hurry up and do something suspicious so I can make a lynch vote with good conscious, if there is such a thing.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-26-2006, 00:55
We could abstain for 3 rounds. 6 innocents would die.

or

We could vote for 2 rounds. 4 innocents would die, + 2 more would probably die, but we have the chance at hitting a mafioso.

Therefore it is to our advantage to lynch, even without taking into consideration that rounds without discussion are useless. Also, in Mafia IV we lynched a mafioso round two on the same kind of weak evidence we lynched Drisos with this game.

Csargo
10-26-2006, 01:13
Sasaki's right (oh how I hate to say that :laugh4: ) not lynching someone each round is not smart on our part. Even if we do kill some people we still have a chance of killing a mafioso or even the Godfather. I think it is best to lynch someone each round for if we don't we may end up screwed in the end which will not be good.:laugh4:

Major Robert Dump
10-26-2006, 01:17
I see that voting for oneself does not constitute suicide, otherwise Ignoramus would be dead. If he truly wants out of the game, I don't understand why he has already signed up for another mafia game in the making.

If he plans on being inactive and we lynch him, it could be viewed as a wasted lynching if we look back a week from now and see he isn't playing anymore.

On the other hand, it could be a poor attempt at a bluff

Don Corleone
10-26-2006, 01:25
Well, I've got several ideas running through my head... several angles I've noticed in the posts so far. I'm just curious about the correlation between 'thinking out loud' and winding up on the hitlist. My guess is relatively high. Well, so be it. It'll give you guys a peek into who the mafia may be.

I saw three trends in the first round that disturbed me:

-Proletariat and Xiahou starting that red herring theory of a revenge killing on Lemur in the first round. Both are too intelligent to really entertain such a plot that is so obvious, no Godfather would possibly entertain.

-I'm surprised that despite the tone of the discussion, bordering on equating not posting to suspicious behavior, several didn't post and several more posted a one line at best. But obviously 7 people aren't in the mafia...

-Is it just me or is Sasaki trying very hard to lead the group. To where...?

Just remember, I sleep with one eye open, one foot on the floor and one hand on the trigger of my 12 gague....:beadyeyes2:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-26-2006, 01:29
Well, I've got several ideas running through my head... several angles I've noticed in the posts so far. I'm just curious about the correlation between 'thinking out loud' and winding up on the hitlist. My guess is relatively high. Well, so be it. It'll give you guys a peek into who the mafia may be.

Well, the mafia usually leave alive the people who get voted for...you're in good shape in that regard.

To a town victory of course.

Major Robert Dump
10-26-2006, 01:32
Aside from the mafia, the detective would obviously be trying to subtley lead the town without drawing too much attention to himself. Detective seems like a high stress job.

Xiahou
10-26-2006, 02:04
-Proletariat and Xiahou starting that red herring theory of a revenge killing on Lemur in the first round. Both are too intelligent to really entertain such a plot that is so obvious, no Godfather would possibly entertain.If I were too 'smart' to suspect that, wouldn't I also be too smart to draw such unecessary attention to myself so early in the game?

Personally, I think you give the mafia too much credit. I believe they often target former adversaries- they probably don't see it as revenge, but rather see it as disposing of a threat.

He's always suspicious. I almost tend to think he should be lynched just to play it safe. :shrug:

Csargo
10-26-2006, 02:12
Finally someone gets it.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
10-26-2006, 02:23
Sorry I missed the first few pages, I'll read them and try to get back in this game.

Proletariat
10-26-2006, 02:55
-Proletariat and Xiahou starting that red herring theory of a revenge killing on Lemur in the first round. Both are too intelligent to really entertain such a plot that is so obvious, no Godfather would possibly entertain.

All we ever have to go on for sussing out mafiosos are from who they kill. Yeah, it's the first round, but if you look back through the other games Lemur was in, it's become almost an Org joke to harass or lynch him. It's weak, I know, but it's the first round. We gotta start somewhere.

Edit: I agree that a smart Mafioso with public beef in prior games with Lemur, wouldn't have been so ham handed, but you have to remember that we have stupid people playing too.

Seamus Fermanagh
10-26-2006, 03:44
Just remember, I sleep with one eye open, one foot on the floor and one hand on the trigger of my 12 gague....:beadyeyes2:

...Jillian's still not sleeping through the night?:laugh4:

Seamus Fermanagh
10-26-2006, 03:56
I realize this argument has been had in all the other games before, as well as this game, but lets see if I understand this:

-Last round, our chances of lynching an innocent is 22:3, including a lynch of the detective
-We will lose two innocents per round regardless, yet by lynching we guarantee we lose 3, taking into account the 22:3 curve
-I know it makes for boring play, but until we have a smaller pool of innocents, our chances of a good lynching is not increased...if we lose 2 per round our chances will go 20:3/18:3/16:3/14:3...if we lose 3 per round we will taper more quickly to the kill zone at 19:3/16:3/13:3/11:3 but we will also more quickly reach the point where the mafia have the upperhand because of their voting advantage. This, of course, is all assuming our lynchings up to that point have all been bad lynchings. In the case of a good lynching, which we wouldn't know until the next morning after the mob kills are posted, our raw chances of lynching the right person would go down, but our voting and guilt by association reasoning would give us the upperhand.

The basic mathematics of this are correct, lynchings do enhance the "hitting percentage" at the risk of the mafia getting to the point of no return more quickly. That's the basic tension of the game.

However, in this internet version, unless players are forced to vote -- and support and discuss same -- there is no hope of discovering the mafia save by the detective who can reveal only half as fast as the mafia can eliminate. The odds of the detective identifying all 3 mafiosi prior to getting whacked are longer than I'd like to rely on. Lynchings force commentary and voting patterns which can then be used to make targeted lynchings -- at least that's the hope.

It's also why inactives who don't vote at all get removed by the GM and why folks who don't engage in discussion can find themselves on the wrong end of a lynching.

Cowhead418
10-26-2006, 04:13
Tally:
Abstain: 11 votes
Drisos: 3 votes :skull:
Divine Wind: 2 votes
GeneralHankerchief: 2 votes
Dutch_guy, theRTWGuru and Ignoramus: 1 vote each
Hmmm... I've got a different tally:
Drisos: 3 votes (Me, Sasaki, Crazed Rabbit)
Don C: 3 votes (Drisos, RTWGuru, Sir Moody)
Divine Wind: 2 votes (Major Robert Dump, Xiahou)
GHC: 1 vote (Peasant Phill)
Dutch Guy: 1 vote (BKS)
RTWGuru: 1 vote (Husar)
Ignoramus: 1 vote (Ignoramus)

This means there should be a re-vote based on the tie.

Seamus Fermanagh
10-26-2006, 04:28
My tally is off too. I had counted Byz-Knight and thought it 4 drisos from that. Silver?

Drisos
10-26-2006, 07:19

Thanks m8! I might even survive! :2thumbsup: :yes:

I missed Don on the list as well... and he had 3 votes iirc. I claim a tie! Bring me back from the dead!:skull: :2thumbsup: :laugh4:

:book:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-26-2006, 08:21
Yeah, ByzKnight isn't playing. Or perhaps Silver was posting while Drisos was changing his vote.

Anyway, Don, Myrddraal mentioned the Lemurs enemies thing as well.

Death Match
10-26-2006, 09:23
R.I.P the dead. May our detective find the mafiosi quickly....

Silver Rusher
10-26-2006, 09:51
Midnight in the Gameroom. All is quiet.

Divine Wind was busy sleeping on the couch in the police office when suddenly the roof was pulled off and the wind howled in.

"Wha... wha... what the heck?!" DW got up with a start and looked up to the sky. Before he knew it, Silver Rusher's gleaming, gold hair-covered face appeared in the clouds.

"WHO MADE THAT TALLY?!" SR's voice beamed into the house of DW.

"Err... I forget. What's wrong with it, though?"

"I WILL TELL YOU WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT! Drisos SHOULD STILL BE ALIVE, AS YOU HAVE THE SAME NUMBER OF VOTES AS HIM!"

"Aww, do I have to?"

"YES! OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO! HOW DARE YOU ASK SUCH AN INSOLENT QUESTION?"

The doorbell rang.

"Hang on, let me just get that..." DW opened the door to see a huge, angry mob of Gameroom residents standing outside. He immediately shut it and quickly spun around, with a shocked expression on his face. "Huh..huh..huhuh... Lemme just sort this out, OK God?" He opened the door again and started talking to the mob.

"Keep it down in there!"

"We have to go to work tomorrow!"

"We're trying to sleep!"

"Listen," DW yelled out to the crowd, "Drisos should not have been executed. There should be a tie vote between me and him. The tally was wrong."

A bolt of lightning hit an empty spot in the crowd, and Drisos appeared, looking dased and confused.

"Cast your votes now, people. Me or Drisos. Who are you going to lynch?"

The Correct Tally:
Abstain: 11
Divine Wind: 3
Drisos: 3
GeneralHankerchief and Don Corleone: 2 votes each
theRTWGuru and Ignoramus: 1 vote each

Note: In a tie-vote, you may abstain but you may not Vote: No Lynch. As long as you voted in the original round, however, no warning will be handed out. You may only vote for Divine Wind or Drisos, or you can abstain.

Major Robert Dump
10-26-2006, 10:42
Oh dear, I needs to sleep on this.

on second thought, since I can't edit, my vote still stands with Divine Wind. I don't like the chief of Police role as the likelihood that he could be mafia, so I'll vote the Chief no matter who it is. Sorry DW, its best to keep the untouchable Chief-thingy rotating. Of course, any detective please feel free to chime in via a PM and I may change my vote if I beleive you, either way I think I'm doomed to a horrible death...theres no reason to believe I'm not mafia, and no reason for the mafia not to kill me.

In my own defense, the selection of Drisos seemed purely numerical circumstance. The only person I don't trust is all of you. If Drisos were CP I would vote him just as well.

vote: Divine Wind

Sigurd
10-26-2006, 10:52
Note: In a tie-vote, you may abstain but you may not Vote: No Lynch.
Damn... we are barking up the wrong tree here.
Vote:Abstain

Peasant Phill
10-26-2006, 11:04
Sorry haven't had enough time to go true all the posts so

Sir Moody
10-26-2006, 11:17

honestly i dont think either ar emafia but we have to kill someone and the rebel in me says lynching the police chief is a good thing :laugh4:

Dutch_guy
10-26-2006, 11:42

I don't think it's best if we rotate our chief of police, yet. We have no evidence against him, and if there ever will be I'm sure the detective will find out.
It just doens't feel right to change the CoP now, what if he's innocent and we put a mafioso on the position ?

Sorry Drisos, but this just seems best to me.

Seamus Fermanagh
10-26-2006, 12:55

I accept the idea that someone has to go -- but I'd like to see others commenting more. The only real purpose to an early execution -- aside from the Godfather catching the chop due to random luck -- is to generate voting records and commentary/rationale for same to produce a body of evidence.

So far, the primary reason for Divine Wind getting cross-bolted to a wall is that another Godfather in another game got picked as the police chief, so that requires us to kill our top cop immediately in this game. :inquisitive: :dizzy2: His posting behavior hasn't been outlandish, so....

Mind you, I hope a detective has done a quick exam of D.W., since he can only get whacked in a lynching, we'll need some warning if he is hinky.

The surprisingly resilient Drisos (btw, lethal injection is better, too many people don't die promptly when electrocuted!!) drew a modicum of suspicion for the style of his early discussion. This is thin evidence at best, and I was tempted to abstain for that reason, but I will support the effort to move forward.

Silver, if possible, a list of votes with names/initials at the executions would help us tally/excel chart geeks keep up. My chart still does not jibe with yours:embarassed:

Husar
10-26-2006, 14:34
Vote: Abstain.

I'm a lot more curious about other persons.

All we ever have to go on for sussing out mafiosos are from who they kill. Yeah, it's the first round, but if you look back through the other games Lemur was in, it's become almost an Org joke to harass or lynch him. It's weak, I know, but it's the first round. We gotta start somewhere.
We as in you and the other two mafiosi?:inquisitive:

R.I.P the dead. May our detective find the mafiosi quickly....
Those four points actually bother me as they may mean you gotta hide something, for example your real opinion.:inquisitive:

Of course, any detective please feel free to chime in via a PM and I may change my vote if I beleive you, either way I think I'm doomed to a horrible death...theres no reason to believe I'm not mafia, and no reason for the mafia not to kill me.
Now given you were Mafia and the detective really made the mistake of PMing you?(I know I could have PMed you pretending to be the detective, but I feel like a nice guy today and it might not be kosher with Silver)
Anyway: :inquisitive:

Just a couple things I noticed.:whip:

Don Corleone
10-26-2006, 14:47
So Cowhead and Drisos got the count wrong, I'm not the run-off candidate?

Between the two, Drisos has contributed more to the ongoing discussion and has made more statements by which he could be called into account later. Divine Wind has made those kinds of statements that can be reconstrued later.

I've got my eye on a couple of other folks that are saying enough to actually show up as not zero in a ranking of postings, but don't actually say anything. I would much prefer to vote for one of them, but as I'm limited to one of two options:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-26-2006, 16:34

The first round is the round where the Chief of Police is least likely to be mafia. With less people there is a greater chance of him being a mafioso. If we leave the same person as CoP the detective can investigate him instead of having to investigate each new CoP.

Proletariat
10-26-2006, 17:06
We as in you and the other two mafiosi?:inquisitive:

Oh, for God's sake... Yes, Husar. 'We' as in myself and the other mafioso.

If it wasn't obvious to anyone else, I was referring to the villagers.

GeneralHankerchief
10-26-2006, 17:19
We're giving the Detective way too much trouble if we keep killing off our cops. Let him get a good read on DW first.

Divine Wind
10-26-2006, 17:28
Gah!

Well im sure your probably innocent Drisos, but I have to look after my own skin mate.

Id just like to remind the detective to investigate me, and see im an innocent Chief of Police just trying to make a living. :yes:

If I am investigated and proved innocent, I will benefit the town as I will be one less person that can be touched by the Mafia, raising the chances of us actually lynching one of them. This will be useful at the end of the game, as i would be one less suspect. I realise the detective wont reveal im innocent for quite a few rounds, but its worth keeping me for the reason I cant actually be touched.

Something to think about I guess.

Oh and question for Silver Rusher. If I am killed can I still think up the executions? :beam:

Major Robert Dump
10-26-2006, 17:29
unvote: divine wind
vote: drisos

One vote is shaky as the other. You're right about the detective vs the CoP. We will never find out as the detective takes a day to get results.

As for me saying the detective should send PMs and possibly getting PMs from people who were posing as the detective, well thats exactly what I want, thats exactly what I would expect, and I don't see why Silver would disapprove as it adds substance and confusion to the game. I'm not mafia, but alas no one took the bait into trying to fool the nooblet

Divine Wind
10-26-2006, 17:39
The detective should not start pm'ing members just yet, incase he accidently pms a mafia, and would surely be executed in the next round. We need the detective to stay alive as long as possible.

This is the only way of ensuring victory for the villagers.

Drisos
10-26-2006, 17:42
Now this is weird... the choice seems to be between me and Divine Wind. I'm possibly a mafioso, but it's also possible that I'm the detective. Divine wind can have only mafioso as special role. So, basically, why on earth are you taking me down instead of him? Now I'm not the detective, but you people can't know that.

This voting for me is pretty massive... keep it in mind for the endgame, where you'll notice I was innocent and I can have a little nitpick. (with a big :P)

gah.. well I'll be dead soon, this time, really. I'm not going to speculate after the dead, after being killed twice :laugh4: no seriously, I'm busy enough.

btw nice write-up, Silver Rusher. ~;) ~:)

Big King Sanctaphrax
10-26-2006, 17:43
Vote: Drisos.

There's not very much between them, to be honest, but voting for the CoP on the basis that GH was mafia in the last game seems like a really silly idea, so Drisos it is.

Are we allowed to reveal ourselves as the detective by PM in this game? I ask as in Kage's game it was a public reveal or not at all. I don't have a problem with private reveals, personally.

Husar
10-26-2006, 17:51
Oh, for God's sake... Yes, Husar. 'We' as in myself and the other mafioso.

Now you are angry because I discovered your mistake?

If it wasn't obvious to anyone else, I was referring to the villagers.
That's what you say now.~;)

Divine Wind
10-26-2006, 17:53

Wooooah!

Hang on, is it just me or is the voting here wrong again? Should this not be between Drisos and Don? I just went back and could only see two votes for myself, so why am I up for a vote anyway?

I think youve counted it up wrong SR.

Don Corleone
10-26-2006, 18:06
I asked about that, Divine Wind.

On a side-note, can the mafia execute our Chief of Police?

Husar
10-26-2006, 18:12
I asked about that, Divine Wind.

On a side-note, can the mafia execute our Chief of Police?
I think not, which leads me to my next point that pretending to be a noob is a pretty good Mafia cover, don't you think, Don?

And keep in mind that I am throwing around attacks, which makes me very likely to be Mafia as well, doesn't it? Now I gotta think of a defense argument against that...:help:

Xiahou
10-26-2006, 18:15
Guess I'll stick with my first impression:
vote: DW

Don Corleone
10-26-2006, 18:19
I think not, which leads me to my next point that pretending to be a noob is a pretty good Mafia cover, don't you think, Don?

And keep in mind that I am throwing around attacks, which makes me very likely to be Mafia as well, doesn't it? Now I gotta think of a defense argument against that...:help:

I thought about that. What's more, if somebody else were mafia, wouldn't it be in their best interest to keep me in the game for as long as possible, slowing down the discussion and making you all revisit logic puzzles you've solved long ago. Truthfully, I think it's nice that you strive to keep newbies in for a little extra time, but the cold hard logic is even if you're pretty sure they're not mafia, you've got to kill every newbie, cause they slow down the discussion and reduce the ability to put things in perspective. Wait, did I just make an argument for y'all to do me in? :skull:

Okay, if the mafia cannot kill the chief of police, that changes my vote (though I would really hope the chief of police would be top of the list for the detective).

Sorry Drisos, nothing personal. Just cold hard logic.

Masy
10-26-2006, 20:24
There's not very much between them, to be honest, but voting for the CoP on the basis that GH was mafia in the last game seems like a really sill

Indeed, it seems unlikely that the mafia would get CoP twice. I'm taking on board that it is not in the town's interest to abstain, so Vote: Drisos

though I would really hope the chief of police would be top of the list for the detective

Yes, that is sensible. You getting this detective?

Csargo
10-26-2006, 20:26
We cannot kill the Police Chief just yet because I'm sure he's the first person the detective would investigate(hopefully). My vote goes with Drisos nothing personal.

Silver Rusher
10-26-2006, 20:37
Day breaks in the Gameroom.

The people had been up all night voting between Drisos and Divine Wind for which out of the two to lynch. Major Robert Dump had voted and revoted, and by the time he got home he needed to relax. So, he turned on the TV to watch the news. Of course, all of it was about the mafia. Apparently some town called Ogunquit was saved, but Vernazza, Italy, was the mafia's next target. Obviously, the Gameroom murders were also mentioned.

This annoyed MRD. He didn't like it when the news focussed too much on a single theme, as he preferred to know what was going on in other areas as well. Politics, technology, even pop culture was preferable to being constantly blasted with news about the mafia. He pressed the red button on the remote to turn it off, got out of his armchair and went into the kitchen.

"Don't turn me off!"

MRD turned around in a start. Did that TV just... talk? He pointed his remote at the TV and pressed the power button a few times, but nothing happened. The voice coming from the box chuckled.

"Oh no, it's too late now, my friend. Far, far too late."

MRD screamed, turned, and ran. But he didn't get that far. Because a Mafioso rose up from behind the TV, and put five bullets from his Walther P99 into his victim's back.

The Mafioso then plugged the TV back in and laughed. While he was leaving, he put a bullet in MRD's head just for good measure.

It was early morning, and Chief of Police Divine Wind was in a hurry. He grabbed Drisos, shoved him in the electric chair, strapped him in, shaved his head and leg, dipped the sponge in the water, squeezed it, put it on Drisos' head, put an electrode on his head and another on his leg and finally, flipped the switch at 2,000 volts. When it seemed certain that Drisos was dead, he switched it to a measly 8 amps to reduce the heat but also to keep the current flowing.

"OK, that's him dead. Now, onto more pressing matters. We have again lost a great member of our community in Major Robert Dump. He was a noble man, somewhat obsessed with hippoes but still noble nonetheless. It has been a long night, but unfortunately we must still vote again to kill someone else as we now know that he was not (solely) responsible for the murders. Please vote now. I am undecided on the next method of execution."

Tally:
Drisos: 7 votes :skull:
Divine Wind: 3 votes
2 abstained

Status List

Killed By Mafia:
Lemur
UltraWar
Major Robert Dump

Lynched:
Drisos :skull:

Still alive:
Sasaki Kojiro
Masy
Big King Sanctaphrax
Csar
GeneralHankerchief
Proletariat
Don Corleone
Seamus Fernanagh
Byzantine Mercenary
Evil_Maniac From Mars
Crazed Rabbit
Ignoramus
Xiahou
Peasant Phill
Sir Moody
Cowhead418
Kommodus
Dutch_guy
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Husar
Destroyer of Hope
theRTWGuru
Divine Wind
Myrddraal

Quick Note: Divine Wind, you need to PM me during the night telling me what the method of execution will be. I only told you to do it during the day last time because I didn't want to PM you during the night. I will let you off this time, though. Just PM me during the day today and in the night for the rest of your life in game.

Csargo
10-26-2006, 20:42
Wait I'm confused here MRD was killed by the mafia?

Don Corleone
10-26-2006, 20:44
I'm confused as all hell. Did MRD just die or not? He's described as being lost in the game story, but he's listed as still alive (Lemur and UltraWar are the only two mafia kills thus far.).

Masy
10-26-2006, 20:47
Byz?!? Robert Dump!?! Help?!!

Sasaki Kojiro
10-26-2006, 20:51
Apparently ByzantineMercenary and MRD were killed.

Masy
10-26-2006, 20:53
Right, Major Robert Dump said a few things that might have got him killed:

He questioned Ignoramus. I doubt this is Ignoramus taking revenge (unless this is some kind of crazy double double bluff), but rather is a lazy attempt to frame him.

He said some important statistical stuff, which could have scared a mafia into thinking he was too smart to leave alive.

Thoughts?

Sasaki Kojiro
10-26-2006, 20:57
Aside from the mafia, the detective would obviously be trying to subtley lead the town without drawing too much attention to himself. Detective seems like a high stress job.

Posts like this are what got him killed. At this stage the Mafia will jump at any clue to kill the detective.

Ignoramus's vote for self I find mildly suspicious.

But I'm going to Vote:Kommodus because he would be a likely candidate for chosen mafioso.

Crazed Rabbit
10-26-2006, 21:00
I believe we need some divine clarification; who's dead?

I'm terribley confused.

Crazed Rabbit

Masy
10-26-2006, 21:02
believe we need some divine clarification;

Can't give you that, but i believe MRD is dead, and possibly Byzantine Mercenary

Silver Rusher
10-26-2006, 21:10
Ah, b******s, I completely screwed that one up...

Forget everything you saw previously. It's all in order now.

Sigurd
10-26-2006, 21:11
Posts like this are what got him killed. At this stage the Mafia will jump at any clue to kill the detective.

Ignoramus's vote for self I find mildly suspicious.

But I'm going to Vote:Kommodus because he would be a likely candidate for chosen mafioso.
Damn you Sasaki for stealing my show.
I am not going to elaborate too much, but Kommodus is the Godfather.
He did one mistake very early in the game and I am calling him on it.

Vote:Kommodus

Myrddraal
10-26-2006, 21:14
What?

Please, could someone post in bullet point form, who died this round?

Sasaki Kojiro
So apparently the mafia were going to kill Byz and MRD but decided to pretend Drisos was mafia? Or was Drisos mafia and Silver messed it up by putting in both kills?

Doesn't matter, we won't be complacent and won't conclude anything either way. If the mafia want to kill only one person the rest of the game, more fool them, if we got a mafioso, then yay for us.

Silver Rusher
What?

Read the post. I changed the very numerous mistakes.

Masy
Right. One towns-person dead this round. Seems the mafia are going for the 'one-kill-a-round-policy-lets-keep-them-guessing'.

He did one mistake very early in the game and I am calling him on it.

What was that?

Sasaki Kojiro
10-26-2006, 21:15
What?

MRD (killed)
Drisos (lynched)

GeneralHankerchief
10-26-2006, 21:20
Then why does it say that "he put a bullet in Byz' head just for good measure?"

Something's definitely up. In the meantime: Sigurd, why Kommodus?

Myrddraal
10-26-2006, 21:21
one-kill-a-round-policy-lets-keep-them-guessing

It must be that. I seriously doubt we got a mafia first round, that would just be too wierd, besides, the last Godfather game probably inspired this.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-26-2006, 21:26
Alright, I'll play.

However, I probably won't be able to participate fully until the end of Cosa Nuova, which is where much of my online time is going. So you probably shouldn't expect any brilliant new mafia-hunting ideas from me.

Wow, I've never done that before. It feels... odd.

I'll have to come back and look over these posts more when I have more time. It shouldn't be too long, I hope.

I'm not seeing it Sigurd. The old "I'm too busy for the game so I won't be posting much" ploy is suspicious but I don't see how that points to Godfather. Still your show.

Sigurd
10-26-2006, 21:36
I wan't to hear Kommodus' defence before I continue

Seamus Fermanagh
10-26-2006, 21:46
I'm not seeing it Sigurd. The old "I'm too busy for the game so I won't be posting much" ploy is suspicious but I don't see how that points to Godfather. Still your show.

May not be a ploy. However, if it continues past the post-mortem (:laugh4: ) write-up on Casa Nouva, then the suspicion will deepen. And we should be seeing that posted relatively soon I would think.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-26-2006, 21:48

Fair enough.

Masy
10-26-2006, 21:48

Defence to what? You haven't actually given him something to defend, just that he is the godfather...

What did he say early on that triggered your suspicion?

Crazed Rabbit
10-26-2006, 21:52
Was Drisos mafia? Unlikely.

So the mafia may be trying the ole one kill a round thing, to make Drisos look like mafia and make his accusers look innocent.

Also, Sigurd, why Kommodus? He can't defend himself against unknnown charges.

Crazed Rabbit

Dutch_guy
10-26-2006, 21:54

On a different note, didn't Kommodus have a brilliant technique to flush out the mafioso ? He used it last game and flushed out Masy and Discovery in...what...3 rounds ?

So why isn't he using this now ?

Masy
10-26-2006, 22:00
So why isn't he using this now

Good point. Discovery was lynched through luck, so I am doubtful of this fantastical method. Perhaps he got me through sheer luck, or he does have a method. Who knows? Kommodus?

Myrddraal
10-26-2006, 22:02
Also, Sigurd, why Kommodus?

Ditto

Evil_Maniac From Mars
10-26-2006, 22:02

For now, that is...

GeneralHankerchief
10-26-2006, 22:44
Vote: Kommodus

Sigurd just told me why he suspected Kommodus. I must say it sounds extremely fishy on K's part. I will let Sigurd make his reasons public, though.

Don Corleone
10-26-2006, 22:52
I can chalk up not posting to being too busy. Not posting at all is too much of a possible signal and too risky for a mafioso to employ, as sooner or later, not posting will get you lynched. At first, however, I'm far more interested in the 'drive-by one-liners', where somebody posted, so they show up in Seamus' chart, but they make certain they didn't actually contribute anything.

Chief on that list, as I remember the past 48 hours, would be Peasant Phil.

Vote: Peasant Phil

Nothing personal, amigo. Just noticed that you seem to have made a habit by saying nothing in saying something.

For the record, as I pointed out earlier, being a newbie, I could see you guys wanting to get me out of here. I'm not going to vote for myself, but my feelings wouldn't be hurt if you do (especially since the dead can still talk, just not vote).

Ignoramus
10-26-2006, 23:31

Sir Moody
10-26-2006, 23:51
well i dont believe drisos was a mafia so its the old one kill per round trick (old as in it was used once before :laugh4: )

I dont buy this Kommodus stuff too many voting with nothing to go on - the bandwagon has started and its intresting to see who has jumped on...

for now at least ill let people explain themselves or come up with better suspects before i cast my vote

Myrddraal
10-26-2006, 23:56
I understand some of you have your reasons for voting for Kommodus. It would be nice to make them public?

Dutch_guy
10-26-2006, 23:59

Why Kommodus ?

Sigurd
10-27-2006, 00:17
I am going to sleep and will not be posting for another 9 hours...
No reply from Kommodus yet...

Big King Sanctaphrax
10-27-2006, 00:18
I'm going to Vote: Abstain for now, as people seem to have some info on Kommodus that I want to see before I vote.

Can anyone tell me what Silver's original execution message said? I missed it, and it sounds like it might be important. I seriously doubt we got a mafioso in any case, but shifting to the 'one kill a turn' policy seems very suspect after just one lynch-especially since none of us actually thought Drisos was very likely to be mafia. I'm very confused at the moment.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-27-2006, 00:21
I'm going to Vote: Abstain for now, as people seem to have some info on Kommodus that I want to see before I vote.

Can anyone tell me what Silver's original execution message said? I missed it, and it sounds like it might be important. I seriously doubt we got a mafioso in any case, but shifting to the 'one kill a turn' policy seems very suspect after just one lynch-especially since none of us actually thought Drisos was very likely to be mafia. I'm very confused at the moment.

In the original Byz died as well as MRD.

I guess we'll wait around to see what Kommodus has to say...it'd better be good. He's a good choice for lynch even without what Sigurd has to say.

Dutch_guy
10-27-2006, 00:41
I am going to sleep and will not be posting for another 9 hours...

Same here !