PDA

View Full Version : Scripting

Modding Forum
10-23-2006, 01:55
Important points

- You can use "give_trait this" to give the selected character a trait. -- found by Somec

- The game doesn't have to be restarted to load a new campaign script. Restarting the campaign is enough

- Show Me scripts don't have the same functionality as the campaign script. This is presumably because they are loaded on game start whereas the campaign script is loaded on campaign start. The exact problems are with map-related commands (i.e. stuff like spawn_army that uses coordiates)

Docudemon files
Which include a list of all commands and their syntax, can be found here:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1316726#post1316726

alpaca
11-14-2006, 23:29
This supposedly removes the need for the infinite while loops at the end of scripts (from the campaign script):

; keep script unfinised until last monitor termination
wait_monitors

Myrddraal
11-15-2006, 15:32
I believe backgrounds scripts are now launched on loading of a savegame, giving us great opportunities.

Here's waiting for the docudemon files.

alpaca
11-21-2006, 12:58
First post updated.
The "give_trait this" command could be very useful if we can find a way to select characters with scripting.

Edit: The "select_character <Name>" and, more importantly, "e_select_character" commands should do the trick. The "e_" prefix should select a character that triggered an event. Will test that.

Myrddraal
11-25-2006, 17:54
Added the link to the docudemon files

alpaca
11-27-2006, 17:37
We should try to collect some information about the "log" scripting command. It works (i.e. it writes stuff to the log) only erratically. It logs all messages, but it seems to be pretty random when it writes them out.

alpaca
12-14-2006, 14:01
Added:
- Show Me scripts don't have the same functionality as the campaign script. This is presumably because they are loaded on game start whereas the campaign script is loaded on campaign start. The exact problems are with map-related commands (i.e. stuff like spawn_army that uses coordiates)

LorDBulA
12-14-2006, 21:52
I dont know if this is appropriate place but are the counters values stored in save file and reloaded on save load?

Epistolary Richard
12-15-2006, 21:55
Looking at the file, it appears they have to - otherwise some of the vanilla script wouldn't work.

LorDBulA
12-16-2006, 11:51
WOW great news. No more tricky and not 100% reliable memory cells.
:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Re Berengario I
12-29-2006, 11:27
By experimenting I discovered that the add_money command has a maximum value of 40,000

isellj0epnuts
01-31-2007, 05:14
Hello scripters!

I'm experimenting with some disease traits right now, and using the campaign_script I'd like to kill off mortally afflicted characters...

Now, to kill a character with the trait MortalScurvy = 1, does this script suffice?:

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd Trait MortalScurvy = 1
console_command kill_character this
end_monitor

Apparently the game doesn't recognize 'this' when used with the kill_character command, though this is not the case when the command 'give_trait this X' is used.

What exactly am I doing wrong here :P?