PDA

View Full Version : Rome: Total Enjoyment (RTE)

Vuk
10-23-2006, 17:45
Now announcing, Rome Total Enjoyment!

I am making this one my self (Though help would be completely appriciated)!!
I do not know how to edit Meshes or skin for this game, so the changes will all be in images and text files (the core of the game), which means no new units and no missing units.
I decided to make this mod because I was unsatisfied with the missile and charge damage in RTW. I am changing the army makeup on the campaign map, and the money and provinces each player starts with. I have gone through great lenghts to make this as accurate (If not historical, which I strive for, than at least physically(damage, etc)).

Having expanded so far beyond what I origanally intended, I have decided to try to expand more, and am looking for moddellers and scripters (and historians) who are interested.

If not, I will Release it once I am done with my own efforts. I am currently ballancing, I expect to release the Mod in 3-4 weeks.

Though it sounds small, you could not begin to imagine how different the gameplay is, and with the addition of new units, and exclusion of some old ones it could be a lot better! Please respond if you're interested!

UltraWar
10-23-2006, 18:19
This sounds very good and I hope that you do very well with it:2thumbsup:

Vuk
10-23-2006, 22:50
This sounds very good and I hope that you do very well with it:2thumbsup:

Thanks Ultra. I hope to improve both realism (historical and not), and enjoyment (emphasis) with this MOD. One thing is for sure, people will have to change their strategies quite a bit if they hope to win now.

MODDERS! I want you!!

http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/art/Posters/WWI/I_want_you.jpg

*Ignore "For U.S. Army
Nearest Recruiting Station", and insert "FOR RTE" *

Roman_Man#3
10-24-2006, 01:20
this sounds great!!

Vuk
10-24-2006, 15:21
this sounds great!!

Tnx, RM#3!
Interested in joining? ~;)

Roy1991
10-24-2006, 20:06
Are you just looking for modellers and scripters, or also people who're good at everything that has to do with text files (changing the campaign map, editing traits & ancillaries, adding/removing factions and units, change/balance units, etc)?

Vuk
10-25-2006, 15:13
Are you just looking for modellers and scripters, or also people who're good at everything that has to do with text files (changing the campaign map, editing traits & ancillaries, adding/removing factions and units, change/balance units, etc)?

A modeller would be a great thing to have on the team, but more important than a modellers would be the kind of guys who are good at "changing the campaign map, editing traits & ancillaries, adding/removing factions and units, change/balance units, etc". (esp. adding removing factions and units).

If you are good at/can do these things, please join (just post below and send me a PM).

Roy1991
10-25-2006, 16:28
As long as there's no skinning/modelling involved I can do quite a lot, so I'd be happy to join :)

Roman_Man#3
10-25-2006, 21:06
Interested in joining?
i would, but i dont have much experience in modding. i cant really do much else than plug things already made into the game. i can of course mod units, and add units. if you need any help though, i will be glad to help, and will do the best i can.

Silver Rusher
10-25-2006, 21:31
Good luck, but its a bit late, isn't it? What with M2TW on the horizon and all.

Roman_Man#3
10-25-2006, 21:56
i dunno. although m2tw is coming out, not everyone will be able to get, as money doesnt grow on trees, and rtw would have a lot more experienced modders, so you could make it great and faster than you would witing for m2tw, than waiting for someone to learn modding about m2tw, then making it great.

Vuk
10-25-2006, 22:02
i dunno. although m2tw is coming out, not everyone will be able to get, as money doesnt grow on trees, and rtw would have a lot more experienced modders, so you could make it great and faster than you would witing for m2tw, than waiting for someone to learn modding about m2tw, then making it great.

Quite true Roman Man 3!
If you want to join just PM me and post here! Plenty of room for a man of your talents.

Vuk
10-29-2006, 01:13
Now that I have a team of talented men with me, things are really rolling along. We will be releasing a preview within the next three weeks (Hopefully in the next eight days). What we really need now is a man handy with photoshop. I repeat:

Calling all Photoshoppers!!

Just post or email me at jford574@uwsp.edu if you are interested!!

Motep
11-01-2006, 14:23
I am interested in this mod of yours...I know didly squat about photoshop...you have been pmed...I can mod units(not modelling), text files, and can generate unit cards and info cards.

UltraWar
11-01-2006, 18:19
Now that I have a team of talented men with me, things are really rolling along. We will be releasing a preview within the next three weeks (Hopefully in the next eight days). What we really need now is a man handy with photoshop. I repeat:

Calling all Photoshoppers!!

Just post or email me at jford574@uwsp.edu if you are interested!!
Will Paint Shop Pro be ok?

Byzantine Emperor
11-01-2006, 19:15
How about GIMP? Similar to Photoshop, and capable of RTW modding.

Vuk
11-02-2006, 21:04
When I said 'Photoshoppers' what I really meant was 'Photoedittors'. If you can edit graphics for RTW, Please sign up!

UltraWar
11-02-2006, 21:14
When I said 'Photoshoppers' what I really meant was 'Photoedittors'. If you can edit graphics for RTW, Please sign up!
I'll sign up for this job as I have the free time to do so

Murfios
11-15-2006, 22:38
Im in. One thing though, I already have to do 4 faction icons for I:TW so tell me which factions icons to make and I may be able to finish in the weekend.

Vuk
11-15-2006, 23:01
Welcome Murfios! Glad to have you on the team!

The Foolish Horseman
11-20-2006, 20:40
do u need a historical adviser??

id happily do it

Vuk
11-20-2006, 21:10
Welcome to the team Sanders!!

Yes we are in need of historical advisors! I repeat We are in need of historical advisors!

Roman_Man#3
11-20-2006, 22:02
i could help with some historical advisory as well.

ps. i could also help to edit the map, so as to have new regions, change settlement names, you name it, i could probably get it done.

The Foolish Horseman
11-21-2006, 20:14
yeh roman man, you could probably do that, although you would have to ask vuk

Roman_Man#3
11-21-2006, 22:35
haha, dont worry, im already in the team for another reason, just telling him i could do that as well if he wanted.

Vuk
11-22-2006, 14:27
Right now we are making decisions as to what the final changes on the map will be, taking into account balancing and historical accuracy. What really need is info on the settlement names and boundaries, esp. around the ME and Iberia (West Iberia). I already agreed that Caius Flamius should make the map, but he is busy working on several other MODs including ITW, so if he is too busy, I may be taking you up on. ;)
Thanks for the suggestion and any help you could lend in the afore mentioned areas would be greatly appretiated,
Vuk

Roman_Man#3
11-22-2006, 22:13
no problem, though when you said ME, you meant the meditarrean right?

Vuk
11-23-2006, 14:27
LOL, no I meant Middle East. Sorry about that!

Darkarbiter
11-25-2006, 11:36
sounds interesting... if you dont like charges or missle stats from vanilla you should check out RTR. Is there anything else your actually going to mod though?

Vuk
11-25-2006, 14:07
Yes, There will be a host of new units, a new campaign map, new factions, new skins, etc... It is a pretty extensive revamp of the game! If you are interested in joining, just post here and email me at Vuk@Vukville.vuk (jford574@uwsp.edu).

Vuk
12-06-2006, 01:33
The official Rome Total Enjoyment forums are now up!
Come sign up at: Rome Total Enjoyment (http://rtenjoyment.proboards80.com/index.cgi)

Roman_Man#3
12-06-2006, 02:53
im signing into the forum. anyone else signed up?

ByzantineKnight
12-06-2006, 05:43
I did

Vuk
12-06-2006, 16:09
Members of the team, sign up now and you'll be made a moderator!
Anyone who wants to join the team - PM me!
Anyone else is welcome as there are some uncensored forums you can talk on about anything!
Come one, Come all!

Roman_Man#3
12-06-2006, 22:16
am i still sort of a member of the team for this mod?

Vuk
12-06-2006, 23:05
am i still sort of a member of the team for this mod?

Of course you are! And after this semester is out, you will be working your butt off :D.

Roman_Man#3
12-06-2006, 23:08
Of course you are! And after this semester is out, you will be working your butt off :D.

GREEAAATT! :inquisitive: :shocked2: doiont worry, more or less il be ready, and who all is on the team?

edit: oh, would this be a good time to ask to be a mod?

edit#2: I am timoleanofcorinth

Vuk
12-06-2006, 23:20
GREEAAATT! :inquisitive: :shocked2: doiont worry, more or less il be ready, and who all is on the team?

edit: oh, would this be a good time to ask to be a mod?

edit#2: I am timoleanofcorinth

Sorry for the delay, I have a long time to wait between posts due to warnings. :D
As for your questions:
1. I made you a MOD yesterday.
2. The team consists of:
Vuk
Roman_Man 3
Caius Flaminius
Ultra War
Sanders619
Roy 1991
Murfios
and a few others (from TWCenter)

Here is basic overlay of the MOD for those new to it:

Rome Total Enjoyment will include the following factions:
Playable:
1.Roma
2.Gaul
3.Britain
4.Dacia
5.Parthia
6.Armenia
7.Scythia
8.Iberia
9.Egypt
10.Pontus
11.Thrace
12.Gepids
13.Cimbri
14.Teutoni
15.Ambroni
16.Seleucid Empire
17.Greeks (Not sure of exact name)
18.Macedon
19.Numidia
20.Carthage
Non-playable unlockable factions:
none

Non-playable factions:
slaves

The game will focus on increasing enjoyment and, where possible,
realism. There will be a lot of changes, but the most prominent will be on
the battle map; damage and moral in particular. Missile damage will be
greatly increased, and most of (most) cavalry's attack will be transferred
to charge. A lot of major changes are being made, and unit size is
being increased. There are a lot of small details being taken into
consideration however. Praetorian Cohorts will only be able to be trained in
Rome (as they were the Roman guard that never left Rome). We will try to
incorporate as many new unit models as possible. We are changing the
Barbarian's, for instance, tech tree all around, and need several new
models. A lot is going to be put into ZoR.
Basically, this mod is to change the game play style of RTW. You will need to adapt all your strategies substantially to play RTE.

Roman_Man#3
12-06-2006, 23:29
so in the website, general status is the same as moderator?

Vuk
12-06-2006, 23:34
so in the website, general status is the same as moderator?

There are ranks for the Moderators, depending on the powers I give them. Everyone on the team is a general, which is the highest except, "Supreme King and Commander", which is mine. :D

Roman_Man#3
12-06-2006, 23:52
could you change it so that it says moderator in conjunction with general. and what roles in the site do we have as moderators, as opposed to here.

Vuk
12-06-2006, 23:53
could you change it so that it says moderator in conjunction with general. and what roles in the site do we have as moderators, as opposed to here.

lol, take it to the RTE forums. ;) I'll post there in the developer's forums. (I have to wait to long between posts here)

Roman_Man#3
12-07-2006, 00:09
ok. ill keep that in mind.

and sorry (to the moderators) for the totally off topic questions that have nothing to do with this forum.

ByzantineKnight
12-07-2006, 02:04
Rome Total Enjoyment will include the following factions:
Playable:
1.Roma
2.Gaul
3.Britain
4.Dacia
5.Parthia
6.Armenia
7.Scythia
8.Iberia
9.Egypt
10.Pontus
11.Thrace
12.Gepids
13.Cimbri
14.Teutoni
15.Ambroni
16.Seleucid Empire
17.Greeks (Not sure of exact name)
18.Macedon
19.Numidia
20.Carthage
Non-playable unlockable factions:
none

Non-playable factions:
slaves

Isint there a limit of 20 factions including slaves?

Roman_Man#3
12-07-2006, 02:08
there can be 20 factions, while the 21st can be slaves.

ByzantineKnight
12-07-2006, 02:14
Ok, sry

UltraWar
12-07-2006, 19:05
Sorry for the delay, I have a long time to wait between posts due to warnings. :D
As for your questions:
Ultra War

It is UltraWar :inquisitive:

Vuk
12-07-2006, 23:07
It is UltraWar :inquisitive:

Lol, sorry! How's this: UltraWar?
Better?

Roman_Man#3
12-24-2006, 00:54
come one people!! join the forums!! the link can be found at the top of this page. the map is done(well, the iberian peninsula), as are some other things, and we are hoping to release a preview soon.

Warluster
12-30-2006, 09:55
JOIN!!! JOIN!!! Come join the wonderful army of RTE forum!

Vuk
01-09-2007, 22:13
Guys, we need someone who can make icons. Please join the RTE forums.

Vuk
01-16-2007, 00:04
As I have been unable to find a team large or (esp.) motivated enough, and the team I do have has quit or become inactive, I've decided to release a pre-release beta with what has been done so far. After that, I cannot promise anything. I have completed it and am in the process of beta testing now. I will release it by the weekend.

Vuk

Vuk
01-18-2007, 17:57
RTE PreRelease Beta (http://students.uwsp.edu/jford574/RTE Prebuild alpha .001.rar) is now out! Click here to get it!
Before installing it, copy all the texts, and the banners and models_strat folders and paste then somewhere so you can quickly uninstall it.
To install it, simply paste it into your data folder.
To uninstall, paste aforementioned backup files into data folder.

I hope you enjoy.

Vuk

P.S. Special thanks to Riczu74 for letting me use his campaign map graphics! They look terrific!

P.P.S. This mod is made for RTW 1.5.

kburkert
01-20-2007, 00:25
I dont want to be a bad person, but this mod did start of small and grow a bit to big and ambishous (spelt right?). Maybe if you cut down your ideas and then as you release the mod upgrade it, that way your not taking on a big project.

Vuk
01-20-2007, 00:40
I dont want to be a bad person, but this mod did start of small and grow a bit to big and ambishous (spelt right?). Maybe if you cut down your ideas and then as you release the mod upgrade it, that way your not taking on a big project.

Not as ambitious as you think. All models we planned on using were already made. We got the map done. All that had to be created was faction icons, the rest was just implementation. The only implementation I couldn't do myself was make new factions and edit the map. If I had someone who could do that, reskin, and edit make a few icons, this could have worked out. The main point of this mod was damage editting for increased gameplay enjoyment. I was going to do that all myself, we were going to add the new stuff to make it more different and fresher. It is too late now anyway. My personal life has gotten to busy of late for me too start working on it even if I had a motivated team.

Has anyone downloaded it and played it yet? I would appreciated the feedback, thanks.

Vuk

Roman_Man#3
01-20-2007, 00:54
I think the download isnt currupted or something. I am unable to download it.

nvm, tried it again, and it seems to be working.

Vuk
01-20-2007, 01:08
I think the download isnt currupted or something. I am unable to download it.

nvm, tried it again, and it seems to be working.

Ya, sorry my uploader was down. It should work fine now.

Roman_Man#3
01-20-2007, 01:29
It did work. The campaign part was looking great, but when I tried loading a battle in the campaign map, it CTD'd. Whos models did you use for the campaign map characters?

Vuk
01-20-2007, 01:41
Really? Was there an error message? What version are you using? This is for 1.5.
If there is no error, enable show_err please.

Thanks for helping!

Roman_Man#3
01-20-2007, 01:53
there was something about vertices, i forget. I think it would be due to models.

Vuk
01-20-2007, 02:06
there was something about vertices, i forget. I think it would be due to models.

Could you check again please? I would really appreciate the help. I tested it on a fresh installation of RTW and it seemed to work fine, but I may have done something wrong.

Caius
01-20-2007, 23:24
How i open a .001 file?

Vuk
01-23-2007, 16:35
That's not part of the file extension. The file extension is .rar
You will need WinRar to open it.

Has anyone downloaded and played it yet?

ByzantineKnight
01-24-2007, 05:00
That's not part of the file extension. The file extension is .rar
You will need WinRar to open it.

Has anyone downloaded and played it yet?

I will as soon as I get WinRAR installed again, our computer died a couple days ago.

Vuk
01-25-2007, 22:26
Thanks, ;)
I hope you like it.

Vuk
02-23-2007, 17:21
I will as soon as I get WinRAR installed again, our computer died a couple days ago.

:D

Has anyone even tried it yet?
:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:
Download it you!
:furious3: :furious3: :furious3:

UltraWar
02-24-2007, 14:42
I'll need to uninstall Terrae Expugnandae 5.1 to try this mod :beam:

ByzantineKnight
02-25-2007, 06:19

Has anyone even tried it yet?
:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:
Download it you!
:furious3: :furious3: :furious3:

I have! Its pretty good!!

Vuk
05-13-2007, 04:53
Hey, RTE is back on track. This time we hope to release a full version now that school is over.
If anyone played the beta and could give any input on the gameplay, it would be appreciated. We are going to give the gameplay a complete overhaul this time around and will have all new units.

If you'd like to join the team, just post here and ask. We are still looking for good members!

Vuk

Kuni
05-17-2007, 16:36
You crack me up Vuk, especially the first page of this thread.

Unfortunately for me, I cannot commit to join your team as a "photoshopper" yet, but I can do random "photoshop" work for a little thank you credit, if you have use for me. :)

Vuk
05-18-2007, 18:22
You crack me up Vuk, especially the first page of this thread.

Unfortunately for me, I cannot commit to join your team as a "photoshopper" yet, but I can do random "photoshop" work for a little thank you credit, if you have use for me. :)

Lol, the mod was going to be just gameplay changes in the txt files, but I got a team that said they wanted to help and make more out of it, but then they quit and I didn't know how to do anything else. :( Now though, I have learned to skin and have a good modeller that can help me.
Right now I (and the others on the team) are working on Inca Total War, and we are coming very close to reaching a release (in a matter of a month or two hopefully). We are going to make RTE if it has garnered enough interest when Inca Total War is done, and if it hasn't, then I will just enhance, refine, and alter the gamplay as I planned and release that. :)

I hope that people will start to get interested, but if they don't, I will move onto M2TW where there is a bigger community. We do not need any "photoshopping" right now, as we are still rushing to finish Inca Total War by next month, but when we do begin work in earnest, we will announce it. (right now we are just planning exactly what we ARE going to do, and getting resources for it. :))

In the meanwhile, here are the forums: http://rtenjoyment.proboards80.com/index.cgi

Vuk