PDA

View Full Version : MTW2 Skeletons are different to RTW skeletons

GrumpyOldMan
10-29-2006, 07:44
Hi all

In a bit of bad news for anybody hoping that their hours of hard work on RTW cas figures would slot easily into MTW2, there have been some changes to the generic skeleton geometry for figures.

First there are three bones (the cloak bones) taken from the new skeleton and there have been four new bones added - jaw and eyebrow added to the head and there are now clavicle bones between the torso bone and the upper arm bones. The skeleton data is also in a new format with the bone names actually recorded within them rather than the cas. I haven't been able to look at a new cas yet but I'm assuming that there is a corresponding change within them as well.

Sorry but more blood sweat and tears over a keyboard:wall:

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

shifty157
10-29-2006, 08:58
Hmm. INteresting news. Id really appreciate any more information you can provide about this.

Sundjata Keita
10-29-2006, 09:35
Jaw I can understand but eyebrow? I guess this is just for the top part of the head but I'm not sure what units they have that will need that.

Collar bones are good in the respect that they may stop some of the annoying stretching of textures when the characters animate and also the animations may be more realistic.

What about finger bones? I seem to remember seeing that the new models had seperate fingers, surely these will not just be spread out into a flat hand all the time...

Thanks for the info,

Sundjata

Monkwarrior
10-30-2006, 19:37
In a bit of bad news for anybody hoping that their hours of hard work on RTW cas figures would slot easily into MTW2, there have been some changes to the generic skeleton geometry for figures.

First there are three bones (the cloak bones) taken from the new skeleton and there have been four new bones added - jaw and eyebrow added to the head and there are now clavicle bones between the torso bone and the upper arm bones. The skeleton data is also in a new format with the bone names actually recorded within them rather than the cas. I haven't been able to look at a new cas yet but I'm assuming that there is a corresponding change within them as well.

Can I ask how do you know this data? :inquisitive: