PDA

View Full Version : Apocylypse: Total War

Ozzfest20
10-31-2006, 06:40
This is my first mod so I'll need a lot of help.

I will do my best to learn new techniques, but will be busy with school. I can do design and music, and skins for terrain.

Story: Human intervention has caused the Sun to grow many times more than it would naturally. Your faction has 40 years to escape before the Sun gets too close to the Earth. The colonization ship is in Geneva, you must conquer it.

Factions:

England: Advanced Technology

Germany: Good Vehicles

Turkey: Good Artillery

Russia: Huge Masses of Units

The Cult of Eddie: Fanatical Iron Maiden fans took control of France: Good Infantry (This faction is just for fun!)

Geneva/EU: Senate: Balanced

Soundtrack:

The Trooper (Iron Maiden)
Where Eagles Dare (Iron Maiden)
2 Minutes 2 Midnight (Iron Maiden)
Total Eclipse (Iron Maiden)
Metal Meltdown (Judas Priest)
Shoot To Thrill (AC/DC)
TNT (AC/DC)
Rock YOu Like a Hurricane (Scorpions)
Parrelel Universe (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
In Bloom (Nirvana)
Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden)
Man in the Box (Alice in Chains)

Thank you!

wlesmana
10-31-2006, 09:05
FYI: RTW's engine is really, really bad for ranged battles. Your units would stand there exchanging volleys. Be prepared to have your tanks fight by bumping each other.

Neon twilight
10-31-2006, 17:46
I agree with Wlesmana better to pick an other game to create a gun/vehicule warfare mod.

Bwian
10-31-2006, 21:45
The biggest problem with making 'tanks' is the MINIMUM range thing. This is hard coded, and can't be properly tricked so it would work well, especially for the AI.

When you approach a unit with a missile weapon only, it will stop firing and retreat back to minimum distance. Move your units towards an AI missile unit, and watch what they do..... not good. And it's impossible to reduce it.

Also, you have the 'volley' thing. All your tanks in the unit would fire at the same time, and you would then have a 'reload' pause, followed by another volley. This is hard-coded and cannot be reduced. You can extend it....

If you want troops armed with guns, they will behave in the same way. No automatic weapons. Plus the troops stand in lines and don't split up, take cover etc. This works well for Napoleonic muskets....which actually WERE used in this way, but are just no good for anything modern.

Vehicles, artillery and tanks are all VERY hard to make work in their intended way. Trust me....I have done them all, and I know what works and what doesn't! I have wheeled and tracked vehicles in my mod, and I have artillery. Tanks and high tech guns just don't work.

Ozzfest20
11-01-2006, 04:43
Thanks for the help. This is definately not a realistic mod, just fun. Anyways there will be melee infantry. Too bad I can't start until I get my computer upgraded to play RTW.:embarassed:

Bwian
11-01-2006, 18:03
Might be better to look at it as a 'Post Apocalypse' mod.

Then the armies can be armed with improvised weaponry. If there were no real production facilities left, then the armies would be equipped with whatever they could lay their hands on. Homemade weapons..... spears...anything.

The 'ship in Geneva' idea would still work, since with no functional industrial base left, that would be the last chance to escape.

Justiciar
11-01-2006, 21:22
Cult of Eddie.. Genius. :laugh4:

Ozzfest20
11-02-2006, 04:27
Might be better to look at it as a 'Post Apocalypse' mod.

Then the armies can be armed with improvised weaponry. If there were no real production facilities left, then the armies would be equipped with whatever they could lay their hands on. Homemade weapons..... spears...anything.

The 'ship in Geneva' idea would still work, since with no functional industrial base left, that would be the last chance to escape.

Great Idea...thanks.

The unit list for The Cult of Eddie:

Eddie Impovrished: Eddie With pitchforks

Eddie Regulars: Eddie with 1 shot rifle

Eddie Insanitarius: Eddie with sythes attached to fingers.

Eddie Assanius: Sniper

Eddie Advanced: Eddie with 1 shot grenade launcher.

Eddie Tank: Tank with 1 shot cannon.

Artillery: Read the Name

Eddie Elites: General's guard.

Ozzfest20
11-04-2006, 23:30
Geneva Units (Non-Playable):

Spearmen (Just That)

Mortar

Lasgun (1 shot high damage laser)

Hovercraft

Lasgun Hovercraft

General

:furious3: Why isn't anyone else posting!

Bwian
11-07-2006, 19:11
Don't expect people to post in a thread..... there isn't much by way of content to grab their attention here yet. People like to look at progress and comment.

Check out my Metal Mayhem thread....I have lots of people viewing the thread, but very few people posting comments. And that is with a whole load of content already done! Including a full new set of animations, lots of models, skins, strat map, build trees, strat models........

Ozzfest20
11-08-2006, 03:23
Don't expect people to post in a thread..... there isn't much by way of content to grab their attention here yet. People like to look at progress and comment.

Check out my Metal Mayhem thread....I have lots of people viewing the thread, but very few people posting comments. And that is with a whole load of content already done! Including a full new set of animations, lots of models, skins, strat map, build trees, strat models........

Already saw it...great mod. How do I make content if I can't run it on my computer? :wall:

Bwian
11-08-2006, 20:24
Maybe some concept art would be a good idea? If you can't actually make the units, you could put something like that up. Maybe some faction banners or buttons.... something like that

Ozzfest20
11-09-2006, 06:36
I made my first faction button!~;)

But I can't upload it:furious3:

Caius
11-12-2006, 19:16
Are you trying to upload an image?

Ozzfest20
11-13-2006, 02:29
Are you trying to upload an image?

:yes: