PDA

View Full Version : Roman Gatling Gun

JuliusCaesar
11-03-2006, 14:33
Edit: First of all I'd like to say that this mod is finished and playable. Click the links bellow to download it (it's a very small file). Enjoy:2thumbsup:

I actually made this unit some time back to use it myself, but I thought that maybe somebody else would like to enjoy some unrealistic slaughter on the battlefield since the release date of METW2 is closing in.

The Gatling gun is a machine gun which is only available to the Julii faction. It doesn't make any sound as it shoots or anything like that, but it is quite funny to play with. It has to be set to "fire at will" to be able to shoot, and can only be recruited in the city of Rome

If anybody wants to make any changes to it (like adding firing effects, or changing recruitment limitations), or incorporate the unit into another mod for RTW, you are welcome to do so, but please make a link to it here, so that it is available to everyone. I have already made the unit playable with Terrae Expugnandae 5.0 (like a mod for the mod).

Any response is welcome, but if you want changes to the unit, feel free to do it yourself because I don't have the time anymore (sorry:embarassed: ).

Anyway, try it out and enjoy!!!
Download Roman Gatling Gun for vanilla RTW, version 1.5 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4GH84KRH)
Download Roman Gatling Gun for Terrae Expugnandae 5.0 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QFOWU2LE)

PS: The installation instructions are included in the installation file you download. Just double click it and follow the instructions.

https://img361.imageshack.us/img361/9381/gatlinggundo9.th.jpg (https://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gatlinggundo9.jpg)

ByzantineKnight
11-04-2006, 04:14
Cool!

Motep
11-05-2006, 22:23
wicked...(i want it!)

Orb
11-05-2006, 22:30
Could we have some screenies?

JuliusCaesar
11-07-2006, 20:42
Well, u got the picture of the Gatling gun itself, but the problem is that I have uninstalled the game, so I can't realy give you any "screenies". But everybody who installs this game are welcome to post some "screenies" on this thread.

hellas1
11-08-2006, 06:03
Hi J.C.,

Wanna know something interesting about the roman "Gatling Gun?"
It's not so Roman! :laugh4:

Actually a device like this, except for it firing single bolts/arrows at a time in rapid succession using chain links and a feeding trough from above which "fed' the machine, was developed under the auspices Dionysius I of Syracuse who was a tyrant or ruler of Syracuse.

Probably Archimedes made it, but I might be wrong! :oops:

Anyway, interesting.

Hellas1

ByzantineKnight
11-08-2006, 06:34
Hi J.C.,

Wanna know something interesting about the roman "Gatling Gun?"
It's not so Roman! :laugh4:

Actually a device like this, except for it firing single bolts/arrows at a time in rapid succession using chain links and a feeding trough from above which "fed' the machine, was developed under the auspices Dionysius I of Syracuse who was a tyrant or ruler of Syracuse.

Probably Archimedes made it, but I might be wrong! :oops:

Anyway, interesting.

Hellas1

Yah, it was Archimedes.

JuliusCaesar
11-08-2006, 18:45
I had no idea that something like this was invented at this time of history at all (excuse my ignorance). I actually thought it was invented for the first time in the 18th century. Anyway, this "mod" is not trying to be historically accurate or something like that. It was only made to satisfy my personal (and perhaps stupid) desire of taking a machine gun onto the ancient battlefield (just to see how that would work out ). But it is interesting to know anyway :2thumbsup:

JuliusCaesar
11-08-2006, 18:46
Has anyone tried it out yet?

hellas1
11-10-2006, 05:15
Hi J.C.,

I would LIKE to, but I prefer the Greek original which, as you know, had a trough to feed single bolts/arrows/etc. one at a time in rapid succession.

Hellas1- Care to create the real thing? :book:

JuliusCaesar
11-10-2006, 16:23
I'm sorry, but I'm kind of busy at the time, so I don't think I will be making a greek version. But you, or anybody else, are free to change the skin and owning faction for the Gatling gun, then upload it and post it here on this thread. I'll put a link to it on the tread starter. You could also send me the changed files, and I'll make a new installation file, upload it, and post it here. GL anyway. And feel free to ask me any questions considering editing the files.

JuliusCaesar
11-13-2006, 19:51
Edit: New images added. Click on them to get a larger view.

JuliusCaesar
11-26-2006, 13:26
If I wasn't clear enough about this earlier; this mod is actually finished. So feel free to try it out. Enjoy

Myrddraal
11-26-2006, 20:21
Have you added it to the mod downloads database Julius?

JuliusCaesar
12-07-2006, 19:00
Nope. How do u do that? :embarassed: