PDA

View Full Version : Help with bugfixing!

Moros
11-05-2006, 15:30
Hi,
Blue lotus at the moment is barely laking progress because of all the bugs. But at the moment we don't have anyone who is doing active bugfixing. So if you think you can help even if just a little, please post here or e-mail me.

Greetings and thanks in advance,
-Gert

Asean
11-06-2006, 11:11
I'm up to helping. I feel like I owe this mod, since I've enjoyed it so much. But keep in mind, I've never created anything or any mod before. I have no experience and not very confident in what I could help with, but I'll be willing to test some stuff, go through the texts and what not. The bug I want to help out the most is the demon CTD bug. Maybe if we list some possible causes of the CTD, I'll try to test them out and look into the text for possible causes.

Moros
11-06-2006, 20:33
Well what is causing the demon ctd? Nobody knows, bu we do have two solutions for it. Currently our fix is that the demons we're redone but in the carthagenian slot some minor changes to some stuff and we have that ready. But the main bugs are the stuff with the monks and other ctd's, bugs.

Orb
11-06-2006, 23:35
I think if you could release the fix for the gamekilling demon bug, I think that'd generate a lot more enthusiasm for help in identifying the problems.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?

humblemonkey
11-07-2006, 02:33
Any idea at all what is causing ctds on the other factions? It always seems to happen after a turn or before/after a battle. Although as Choson clicking on a certain city also causes one :wall: .
Is the game coded in a certain language?

Ujio
11-07-2006, 10:07
and please:look out for a problem I and some other gamers have:something with a missing file or anything...it´s from the blue lotus beta thread at the end

Asean
11-07-2006, 17:23
I'm not to familiar with the monks CTD, but if you have something for me to do, or look into, let me know. I'll look into the script and look for mistakes.

Moros
11-07-2006, 17:41
@Ujio: I think that that must has to do with a bad instal of BL, a corrupted download or a corrupted installation (make sure you used the right version of R:tw.)
@Asean; we haven't used any scripts so far.
@humble: yes it is coded in a certain language I don't know which but we can't modify the game code anyway, it's illegal. We can however change the txt's, the graphics,...
@Orb maybe we will. Will need to make some changes then tough.

elledippi
11-29-2006, 12:32
Blank to all :balloon2: :balloon2: !! First of all I would want to make compliments to the authors for this large one mod !! it is simply fantastic !! best.
I want to signal a problem that I have found and that is preventing me to end the campaign.:help: :help: :help:
I'm playing at very hard level with the Chinese (I'm at 35°turn) but when I besiege whichever Yomi's city the game collapses punctually The same thing happens if I make double click on whichever yomi's city:wall: . I think that is a problem with the loading of the window of presentation of the yomi's city (but I don't know what can be done):wall: .
I hope that my signalling is of aid for the increase of Blue Lotus, and also that will be of aid to me to continue mine campaign. I'm waiting your answer good bye to all and thanks a lot again:beam: :clown: :beam: .

irishron2004
11-30-2006, 01:19
The Carthaginian slot I can do. I just got it figured out. Just tell me what need done.

Moros
12-03-2006, 23:04
We've almost completed that thing only some graphics that needs to be renames and some basic stuff but there's only one big problem and that's the settlement plans. However after my exams I'm thinking about releasing that patch with vanilla settlements for the yomi. Anyway, there are still alot of other bugs in there that I can't figure out. If you can help with finding and fixing those pm me. OR if you can help with any other coding stuff pm me (as we mostly need these). However it might take some time before I respond as I'm having exams.

Thanks everyone for your support and sorry things are tking so long.

nikolai1962
12-28-2006, 09:42
You may have fixed it already but if not then the fix for the CTD when you double-click on a demon town is:

find expanded_bi.txt in the data/text folder.

search for {Yomi} and replace it with {EGYPTIAN}

There's just one instance of it near the top of the file.

Moros
12-30-2006, 16:51
:bow:
Well we had a fix for it but it was a lot more complex as we couldn't find the direct mistake. I will test it. Hopefully you're right and it will work.