PDA

View Full Version : STW MP Disconnect after deploying.-

MalvinSan
11-07-2006, 18:26
HI, well i introduce myself as malvin, from Chile (probably very far from yours) and a very big fan of total war series.

The problem we have is that once we've joined the battle (on the fakeserver and also tried over hamachi) the game disconnect after the deployment of troops (i mean when you move a troop the first time)

The error message is: Player went out of Sync! :skull:

We followed all the instructions in your guides. In fact we passed the 'not seing the hosts' problem, forwarding the ports and also overiding Sygate.

PD: Im using Sygate and realized that i sent packets to 18321 but also sent to 2 ports randomly that changes everytime i try to join or host with my partner (BTW my partner is behind a router and im connected direct from my cable modem) I thought that the failure is due to that cause my friend need to forward ports and the fact is if they're changing randomly we can't predict the next change.

Hope i explained my self, if don't sorry my poor english :wall: and ask me for more info :balloon2:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-07-2006, 20:16
It means one of you is using different stats than the other. Make sure you are patched to the same version, and maybe send him your troopstats.txt and projectiles.txt to make sure.

Also, it just happens some times.

R'as al Ghul
11-07-2006, 20:51
Hello Malvin,

I'm not sure if you've solved your problem already because there seems to be a Malvin in game right now.
What Sasaki says is true, you need the same version, but if you've made it to deployment phase then I think that's not the problem.
I think you just have to keep trying until it works.
Glad you're able to connect but I'm afraid there isn't much I can do.

:bow:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-07-2006, 21:12
Hello Malvin,

I'm not sure if you've solved your problem already because there seems to be a Malvin in game right now.
What Sasaki says is true, you need the same version, but if you've made it to deployment phase then I think that's not the problem.
I think you just have to keep trying until it works.
Glad you're able to connect but I'm afraid there isn't much I can do.

:bow:

IIRC, if you both have the same troopstats but different projectile stats, deployment is fine but about 3 seconds after "start battle" it freezes and you get the out of synch message.

MalvinSan
11-07-2006, 21:29
:beam: IT WORKS!!! Thanks Sasaki...

After i read your post i sent my stats to my friend. I thought that wasn't the problem cause we have the same game installed. But i remember that once i modified the default unit size from 60 to 80. I reset it to default and voilaaa!!!

Works fine at least when im hosting cause my friend couldn't. (now we're going to try with hamachi, and now the next step is make it work on Medieval and why not on Rome :idea2: )

Thanks again for the help, very apreciated.

Drisos
11-08-2006, 07:38
Glad to see it works! ~:)

Welcome to Shogun MP and welcome to the .org! :bow:

I'll try to meet you in the foyer sometime.. ~:)

MalvinSan
11-08-2006, 12:58
Glad to see it works! ~:)

Welcome to Shogun MP and welcome to the .org! :bow:

I'll try to meet you in the foyer sometime.. ~:)

Thanks Again!

R'as al Ghul
11-08-2006, 13:37
IIRC, if you both have the same troopstats but different projectile stats, deployment is fine but about 3 seconds after "start battle" it freezes and you get the out of synch message.
Ah, okay. Good to know.

:beam: IT WORKS!!!
[..] (now we're going to try with hamachi,

Glad that it's settled. I'd like to know about your experiences with Hamachi.
Could you please post a report about it when you got it working?

R'as

MalvinSan
11-09-2006, 02:13
Ah, okay. Good to know.

Glad that it's settled. I'd like to know about your experiences with Hamachi.
Could you please post a report about it when you got it working?

R'as

As u wish...my report is: Hamachi experiences were succesfull. It works very fine, there is no lag and no connection problems. Maybe some people need to forward hamachi's port, but that isn't a problem, right? :juggle2:

Saludos!