PDA

View Full Version : The Age of Darkness [Concluded]

Ignoramus
11-08-2006, 11:27
In the quiet town of Shrewsbury, the peaceful inhabitants go about their daily work blissfully unaware of what was about to strike their town...

Welcome to The Age of Darkness, a mafia game based on the Middle Ages.

Roles (15! or even 17!!):

Pro town:
Nobles (2)
Soldiers (4)
Brother Cadfael (1)
Monk (2)

Pro mafia:
Team 1:
Ruffians (3)
Team 2:
Assasins (3)

Optional roles (if there are enough players)
Pro mafia:
Thief (1)
Pro town:
Thief catcher (1)

Ruffians and Assasins

Recently, mobs have ruled the streets of Shrewsbury at night. In particular, two groups have immerged.

The Ruffians are a group of thugs who leave their dull daytime lives to cause havok on the streets. They have no motivation other than pent up rage, which they let out on innocents.

The Assasins are a much more sinister and professional group of killers. They are united by criminal pasts. They have learnt that one of the townsfolks in conducting investigations into the recent muggings caused by the Ruffians and fear their past will be uncovered. But they do not know who it is who's nosing around! They have resorted to killing everyone in the town, to save themselves.

These are two mafia teams. Each team kills 1 person per night, and must asign one of their team to perform the kill.

Brother Cadfael

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108717/
Brother Cadfael is the detective. He is also a Monk.

Monks

There are three Monks, including Brother Cadfael. In the same way as masons, they know each other, the town does not know them, and they know each other to be innocent. As well as this, they know that one of their number is the detective. Cadfael cannot reveal his identity to the other monks without revealing his identity to the town, similarly the other Monks cannot reveal that they are not Cadfael. Brother Cadfael also can nominate one person to heal each night.

Soldiers

Soldiers have a protective role. Each Soldier chooses a person to guard at night. If that person is attacked, there is an equal chance of:
1 - The attack being deflected
2 - The mafioso being killed by the Soldier
3 - The mafioso killing the Soldier, but not the target
4 - the mafioso killing both the Soldier and the target

Each Soldier is associated with a Noble

The Soldiers do not know each other, nor do they know their leige Noble (not realistic I know, but for game mechanics it has to be that way)

Nobles

Nobles have no special ability themselves. However, if they die, their Soldiers loose their special ability and become normal villagers.

They do not know the identity of their Soldiers or of each other (again, this needs to be the case for the game to be balanced)

As for the kills themselves, they must fit with the timeframe and be sensible. No stabbing people with cucumbers or blowing them up with gunpowder, this is the Middle Ages. If your kill has an ahistorical part in it, it won't happen. If you have any queries, PM me.

No screenshots of PM's I send you are allowed to be posted. You may, however, quote them.

Please check your calender to see if you are going on vacation for a week or something. If you don't vote two times in a row, you will suffer the Black Death.

Signups:
Sir Moody
Drisos
Kommodus
UltraWar
Craterus
Sasaki Kojiro
Seamus Fermanagh
Kagemusha
Silver Rusher
doc_bean
Myrddraal
Crazed Rabbit
Proletariat
Dutch_Guy
Masy

Signups will close in 48 hours so be quick.

Sir Moody
11-08-2006, 11:57
Sign me up please :laugh4:

GeneralHankerchief
11-08-2006, 12:39
Shouldn't you wait a little longer? Silver's game is still going on...

Drisos
11-08-2006, 15:46
Well, Komm's game ended, GH. ~;)

I'm dead in all 'active' games... sign me up! :yes: :egypt:

Kommodus
11-08-2006, 16:10
I'd also like to sign up, but I sense the signup period may go beyond 48 hours, as there are still two games in progress - Silver's and Sasaki's. It's fine with me if you extend it; in fact, it's probably a good thing.

UltraWar
11-08-2006, 17:45
Sign me up

Craterus
11-08-2006, 17:48
I'd like to play too please.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-08-2006, 17:51
in.

Seamus Fermanagh
11-08-2006, 17:58
In, please.

I'm actually brainstorming an involved mafia game of my own for sometime in early '07, this appears to have some of the characteristics I'm aiming for, so it will be instructive and fun.

Heavens, but I adore these little exercises in performative ambiguity.

Kagemusha
11-08-2006, 18:02
Im in.:2thumbsup:

Silver Rusher
11-08-2006, 19:57
Signed.

doc_bean
11-08-2006, 20:49
Not much exciting happening in BH2, so I guess I could handle another game. Sign me up !

Ignoramus
11-08-2006, 23:56
I'll wait for one of the two games to finish before I start it; the 48 hours are just a basic guide.

Myrddraal
11-09-2006, 00:19
Ignoramus asked me for advice on the rules. I've replied to his PM but thought I'd post my ideas here so that other people can give their input:

Assuming you have 20 players I'd suggest a game like this. (this is quite complicated, but pretty cool)

Roles (15! or even 17!!):

Pro town:
Nobles (2)
Soldiers (4)
Brother Cadfael (1)
Monk (2)

Pro mafia:
Team 1:
Ruffians (3)
Team 2:
Assasins (3)

Optional roles (if there are enough players)
Pro mafia:
Thief (1)
Pro town:
Thief catcher (1)

Ruffians and Assasins

Recently, mobs have ruled the streets of Shrewsbury at night. In particular, two groups have immerged.

The Ruffians are a group of thugs who leave their dull daytime lives to cause havok on the streets. They have no motivation other than pent up rage, which they let out on innocents.

The Assasins are a much more sinister and professional group of killers. They are united by criminal pasts. They have learnt that one of the townsfolks in conducting investigations into the recent muggings caused by the Ruffians and fear their past will be uncovered. But they do not know who it is who's nosing around! They have resorted to killing everyone in the town, to save themselves.

These are two mafia teams. Each team kills 1 person per night, and must asign one of their team to perform the kill.

Brother Cadfael

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108717/
Brother Cadfael is the detective. He is also a Monk.

Monks

There are three Monks, including Brother Cadfael. In the same way as masons, they know each other, the town does not know them, and they know each other to be innocent. As well as this, they know that one of their number is the detective. Cadfael cannot reveal his identity to the other monks without revealing his identity to the town, similarly the other Monks cannot reveal that they are not Cadfael.

Soldiers

Soldiers have a protective role. Each Soldier chooses a person to guard at night. If that person is attacked, there is an equal chance of:
1 - The attack being deflected
2 - The mafioso being killed by the Soldier
3 - The mafioso killing the Soldier, but not the target
4 - the mafioso killing both the Soldier and the target

Each Soldier is associated with a Noble

The Soldiers do not know each other, nor do they know their leige Noble (not realistic I know, but for game mechanics it has to be that way)

Nobles

Nobles have no special ability themselves. However, if they die, their Soldiers loose their special ability and become normal villagers.

They do not know the identity of their Soldiers or of each other (again, this needs to be the case for the game to be balanced)

Optional roles:

Thief
The Thief is a general pro mafia role, and so wins if either mafia team wins.

The Thief chooses to burgle the house of one person per night. If he burgles the house of a role, that person cannot use their ability in the next round as they spend the time clearing the mess, (of course if more than one mafia remains in each team, the other mafia can still perform the team kill)

Thief Catcher
Detective role who can identify the theif, but not the mafia.

I'll do some stats on this configuration to see if it's fair and balanced, it may need tweaking.

What do people think? Too complicated? I think it could be fun! :yes:

Ignoramus
11-09-2006, 00:36
Thanks, Myrddraal. I was thinking that maybe the monks could chose one person to heal, like the doctor in other games.

Crazed Rabbit
11-09-2006, 01:18
I'm in, I just got lynched in Silver's game.

CR

GeneralHankerchief
11-09-2006, 02:29
The last few Mafia games have really tired me out, to tell you the truth. No offense to Ig, but I'm just going to sit this one out and concentrate on making Mafia V great.

Thanks for understanding. :bow:

Myrddraal
11-09-2006, 14:56
Oppinions? on the rule mechanics?

Sasaki Kojiro
11-09-2006, 15:03
I like the soldier balance. I think you'll run into trouble with the monk/cadfael thing though. In my experience, that kind of secret is hard to keep, and it seems unnecessary. What's the point of a holy brotherhood if you can't say you are a detective or not?

Myrddraal
11-09-2006, 15:35
Hmm. I was worried that having two voting allies would give the detective too much power...

Sasaki Kojiro
11-09-2006, 17:03
Well, there are 6 mafiosos looking to kill whoever they think is voting in a block.

Myrddraal
11-09-2006, 17:15
Thats true actually, though it might give the detective a bit too much protection from lynching, without having to reveal...

Seamus Fermanagh
11-09-2006, 18:04
Thats true actually, though it might give the detective a bit too much protection from lynching, without having to reveal...

Lots of protection, true, but the detective will need it. The detective and/or lynchings are going to have to wipe out an entire trio to stop half the murders.

With only one detective, a large safety net would probably help.

Proletariat
11-09-2006, 18:10
inz

Xiahou
11-10-2006, 01:26
Lots of protection, true, but the detective will need it. The detective and/or lynchings are going to have to wipe out an entire trio to stop half the murders.

With only one detective, a large safety net would probably help.I agree. I'm also wondering if the nobles can't be somehow known to everyone? It'd make them a huge lightning rod, but it could also allow the game to start out with 2 known innocents. The soldiers would have to decide how many of them, if any, should try to protect their noble whereas the mobs would have to determine whether or not killing a noble is worth the risk. Also, it just makes sense that everyone would know who a noble is. Maybe it could even be a non-voting role like the CoP?

Regardless, sign me up.

Don Corleone
11-10-2006, 01:30
Okay, well, now that I'm dead in Godfather, I can play just one game again (my own personal rule). For all those that analyze posting/playing style, as I admitted halfway through Godfather, my early 'newbieshness' wasn't really an act. When people started making fun of me, I did ramp it up to be coy, but I really didn't understand how to play the game.

When I'm much quieter at the beginning, accept that I've learned some about how the game is played and please don't lynch me out of hand. I'm clearly innocent now, and I'm telling you I'm not planning on posting anywhere near as much.

IN.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-10-2006, 01:39
Yeah, I should say, if I'm townie in this game I'll probably be changing my posting style somewhat to appear less guilty. Although not too much, gotta keep the game interesting you know ~D

Seamus Fermanagh
11-10-2006, 03:35
Sasaki:

Maybe, just maybe, if you changed your

Icon, Org-name, Sig, posting style, and base language used

maybe you might not be a lightning rod for trouble.:laugh4:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-10-2006, 03:40
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I am innocent! wtf!

At least I have fun ~D

Scary thing is, my average posts per day has jumped up about .75 since these started. When you've been here almost 3 years that's alot.

Don Corleone
11-10-2006, 18:21
I just found out I have to fly to Japan on Monday.

I'm out.

Dutch_guy
11-10-2006, 18:49
Well, this certainly sounds good.

So I'm in, let's hope this game can generate as much players and excitement as the other (Mafia-type) games.

:balloon2:

Masy
11-10-2006, 19:59
Me too please.

Dutch_guy
11-11-2006, 13:05
So when is the game due to start ?

Ignoramus
11-11-2006, 13:07
Now. Sign-ups are closed. Each one of you will have been sent a role by me. The process was completely random.

PM's please.

Drisos
11-11-2006, 17:59
So there will most likely be murdered to people, soon? One by each 'mafia squad'?

This must be going to be an intresting game!:book: :balloon2: :egypt:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-11-2006, 19:18
Here's the alive list:

Sir Moody
Drisos
Kommodus
UltraWar
Craterus
Sasaki Kojiro
Seamus Fermanagh
Kagemusha
Silver Rusher
doc_bean
Myrddraal
Crazed Rabbit
Proletariat
Dutch_Guy
Masy

I think it's safe to say that the mafia were chosen alphabetically. Therefore:

Craterus, Crazed Rabbit, doc_bean, and Drisos are certainly mafia.

Crazed Rabbit
11-11-2006, 19:39
Lol.

Crazed Rabbit

Silver Rusher
11-11-2006, 19:47
I'm inclined to believe Sasaki, considering he didn't list me as guilty.

Crazed Rabbit
11-11-2006, 19:49
Well, if you think he's innocent, then he's guilty, right?
~;p
Crazed Rabbit

Craterus
11-11-2006, 19:52
I think it's safe to say that the mafia were chosen alphabetically. Therefore:

Craterus, Crazed Rabbit, doc_bean, and Drisos are certainly mafia.

That sounds feasible. :2thumbsup:

:rtwno:

Seamus Fermanagh
11-11-2006, 19:52
While this may be impractical with other players, we might want to consider setting up a pool on Kojiro. :laugh4: I'll take murdered, Night #2.

Motep
11-11-2006, 19:54
darn...missed the deadline...

Sasaki Kojiro
11-11-2006, 20:07
Well, if you think he's innocent, then he's guilty, right?
~;p
Crazed Rabbit

Same could be said for you :tongue3:

Oh and Seamus, I'll take Lynched: Round 3 for $500

With the reason: "well he could be guilty...I don't think we can risk leaving him alive" for $300

Sasaki Kojiro
11-11-2006, 20:15
While this may be impractical with other players, we might want to consider setting up a pool on Kojiro. :laugh4: I'll take murdered, Night #2.

Oh and before I forget, I find it HIGHLY suspicious that you would make a bet assuming I'll be killed on Night #2. Maybe you KNOW I'll be killed on Night #2, eh, Mafioso!!!!!

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Silver Rusher
11-11-2006, 20:23
Bet: 2p that the reason for Sasaki's lynching will be "Sigurd is guilty, so let's vote for Sasaki".

Seamus Fermanagh
11-11-2006, 20:35
Oh and before I forget, I find it HIGHLY suspicious that you would make a bet assuming I'll be killed on Night #2. Maybe you KNOW I'll be killed on Night #2, eh, Mafioso!!!!!

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Tssk, tssk, tssk. I respect you far too much dear friend -- you'd go night #1 were I some dastardly assassin. :beam:

...now, please excuse me while I go and find that flesh-toned steel collar I'm likely to need.:2thumbsup:

Dutch_guy
11-11-2006, 20:57
Tssk, tssk, tssk. I respect you far too much dear friend -- you'd go night #1 were I some dastardly assassin. :beam:

This is just to good a frame up for a mafioso to resist.

If you're not dead after this round you're guilty ! :beam:

Csargo
11-11-2006, 21:05
Same could be said for you :tongue3:

Oh and Seamus, I'll take Lynched: Round 3 for $500

With the reason: "well he could be guilty...I don't think we can risk leaving him alive" for $300

Isn't that my line?:inquisitive:

Seamus Fermanagh
11-11-2006, 21:17
This is just too good a frame up for a mafioso to resist.

Only the good die young.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-11-2006, 21:28
This is just to good a frame up for a mafioso to resist.

Doesn't it seem a little early to you to be making serious accusation of this manner? I think I can be totally non-hypocrital in saying this makes you look very suspicious.

Xiahou
11-11-2006, 21:30
Regardless, sign me up.Do I have BO or something? :fainting:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-11-2006, 21:33
Do I have BO or something? :fainting:

So your not on the list, eh? Forgotton, were you? Could you be more suspicious?! :stare:

Silver Rusher
11-11-2006, 21:40
Doesn't it seem a little early to you to be making serious accusation of this manner? I think I can be totally non-hypocrital in saying this makes you look very suspicious.
That's it, Sasaki. Throughout this game you have always appeared very suspicious, and combined with your Sasakiness this makes you a definite mafioso, not matter what argument you can come up with.

Vote: Sasaki

Dutch_guy
11-11-2006, 23:48

Only mafioso would have the balls to underline a word this early on....

Now That's something a townie just doesn't do, damnit !

Seamus Fermanagh
11-12-2006, 02:46
...the Gameroom: Making bricks without straw, OR clay, since 2006.

Myrddraal
11-12-2006, 11:35
Drisos is guilty!

Haven't you noticed, under his avatar it says, Weird Organism, but even more telling, it says 'Senior Member'!!! Definately a mafioso, and Seamus, you're acting very suspiciously...

Drisos
11-12-2006, 13:30
lol! am I missing something or are Sasaki and Myddraal using slightly far-fetched reasons to accuse me?:dizzy2: :embarassed: :inquisitive: :inquisitive:

Seamus Fermanagh
11-12-2006, 15:45
Drisos is guilty!

Haven't you noticed, under his avatar it says, Weird Organism, but even more telling, it says 'Senior Member'!!! Definately a mafioso, and Seamus, you're acting very suspiciously...

How'd he manage the posthumous double murders? THAT would be a really tough mafioso trick to out-wit!

OF COURSE I'm goint to be viewed with suspicion for a while, I was arguing along the same line as Sasaki for a couple of days. His aura of suspicion is all too easily transferrable.:beam:

Ignoramus
11-13-2006, 00:46
Just so everyone knows:

There are:

3 ruffians
3 assassins
2 monks
1 Brother Cadfael
4 soldiers
2 nobles

I still am waiting on PM's from some people.

Ignoramus
11-13-2006, 08:28
One and a half hours left for your remaining PM's.

Ignoramus
11-13-2006, 10:14
Day breaks in Shrewsbury. All is quiet.

Masy had just come home to his house and started to cook himself some pottage, when an arrow shot threw the air and landed on his table. Hurrying outside to investigate, he found no trace of his attackers. Still feeling anxious about his safety, he sat down and started to eat his dinner. After a few mouthfuls, he realised that something wasn't right, and on closer examination, he discovered to his horror a mouse head covered with the plague. With a groan he fell to the floor-dead.

The governor of the town, Sir Ignoramus, assembled the villagers in the morning and addressed the crowd: "Last night one of our villagers was horribly poisoned in his house. Methinks that this villain is among us. I intend to make an example of this barbarian! Let each of you cast his vote for the guilty! Return tomorrow morning, and your victim shall be hung, drawn, and quartered!"

Players may now vote. Voting ends in 24 hours.

How to vote:
Type Vote: and the name of the person you wish to vote for to be executed all in bold. Example: Vote: Silver Rusher. Instead of the person's name, you may also put Abstain or No Lynch. If you Vote: Abstain it basically means you don't vote but you also don't get a warning. If you Vote: No Lynch it means you vote for nobody to be executed at all.

Status List

Killed
Masy

Still alive:
Sir Moody
Drisos
Kommodus
UltraWar
Craterus
Sasaki Kojiro
Seamus Fermanagh
Kagemusha
Silver Rusher
doc_bean
Myrddraal
Crazed Rabbit
Proletariat
Dutch_Guy

Sasaki Kojiro
11-13-2006, 11:17
I'm guessing someone was late with their pm's.

Vote:doc_bean haven't seen him around, he could be with the group that didn't get their kill in.

doc_bean
11-13-2006, 12:25
I was around, check the backroom, Arena or Hard and software forum, I tend to post there occasionally and am pretty sure I posted somewhere yesterday.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-13-2006, 12:32
Ok unvote

uhhh

Vote:Dutch_Guy same reason nah forget that there are three for each group, there must be some other reason they didn't get the pm in.

unvote

Sir Moody
11-13-2006, 14:29
Vote: Abstain

until someone can comeup with anything reasonable - id do some digging myself but im at work

doc_bean
11-13-2006, 14:38
Maybe prevented kills (by soldiers or monks) don't get mentioned ?

How do those work Ig ?

Proletariat
11-13-2006, 15:27
Vote: Abstain for the time being, waiting for things to develop a bit

Drisos
11-13-2006, 16:18
So no one out of the tree of one of the mafia teams sent a PM? :dizzy2: Don't mind though, it'll give us more executions.

until someone can comeup with anything reasonable - id do some digging myself but im at work

I think Sasaki's was "anything reasonable".

Vote: UltraWar seems inactive so a good chance that it that's the reason for the non-kill ultrwar is mafia..

Kagemusha
11-13-2006, 17:25
So the other mafia group didnt kill anybody on first round. Hmm..Two options.They have somekind of completely twisted plan or then they are just not that bright.Or both.vote abstain for now.Maybe their second move is to release their identiteties..:laugh4:

Sir Moody
11-13-2006, 17:47
unless i counted wrong theres only 15 players so is it possible Ig recuced the number of "mafia" families to just one? - any word on this Ig?

oh and i couldnt make head nor tail of Sas's post so it doesnt count as anything reasonable :help: :laugh4:

UltraWar
11-13-2006, 17:51
Sasaki seems to be changing his vote, this should be picked up as it could mean that he has something to do with the killing of Masy

Vote: Sasaki Kojiro

Crazed Rabbit
11-13-2006, 18:08
3 ruffians
3 assassins
2 monks
1 Brother Cadfael
4 soldiers
2 nobles

We have six baddies (or 5 if Masy was one), and 9 good guys (or 8).

A purely random vote will make us more likely to kill a good guy.

An interesting hypothesis: one of the killers didn't get their pm in on time.

Vote:Craterus

Just for some discussion, ya know.

CR

Craterus
11-13-2006, 18:48
Vote:UltraWar

Lurkers have always seemed more suspicious to me.

Masy
11-13-2006, 19:08
Balls! First time I've been killed this early...well, I guess it's a compliment, as I'm seen as a threat ya know:2thumbsup:

So, am I allowed to post help and comments once I'm dead Ignoramus?

Seamus Fermanagh
11-13-2006, 22:11
Vote: Abstain

It's early yet to lodge a vote, though I am inclined to trend toward a lurker removal policy as have some of the others above. As is usual, there is little information to go on at the outset.

Moderator note:

Title should now read (in play)

Silver Rusher
11-13-2006, 22:59
I don't know why, but I am strangely compelled to vote for Sasaki.

Sorry, Sasaki, I know everybody always votes for you in mafia games but this time... meh.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-13-2006, 23:39
Vote:Myrddraal

Myrddraal
11-14-2006, 00:11

omg I'm innocent wtf!

Sasaki Kojiro
11-14-2006, 00:17

omg I'm innocent wtf!

YOU STOLE MY LINE :furious3:

ok now that you've at least posted, unvote, Vote:Kommodus

Myrddraal
11-14-2006, 00:25
To maintain balance in the voting:

unvote

Kagemusha
11-14-2006, 00:28
Myrd old buddy that smells like coordination effort with Sasaki.:inquisitive: Vote Myrddraal

Myrddraal
11-14-2006, 00:36
I didn't realise suspiciousness was so contagious... :sad:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-14-2006, 00:39
*sneezes in the vicinity of Myrddraal*

Kagemusha
11-14-2006, 00:45
Then it could be also those Moderator rags that smell old blood and other disgusting things , but i cant confirm that becouse Sasaki is so suspicious that il keep away from smelling distance from him, or he might murder poor old Kage.:croc:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-14-2006, 00:48
Then it could be also those Moderator rags that smell old blood and other disgusting things , but i cant confirm that becouse Sasaki is so suspicious that il keep away from smelling distance from him, or he might murder poor old Kage.:croc:

If we're going by avatars, the Imagawa are know for their Ninjas... :stare:

Kagemusha
11-14-2006, 00:55
Maybe in the old days,there might have been some assasinations here and there. But mostly good and honourable field battles. But when it comes down to Hashishin like your Avatar they didnt have any other day jobs then assasinating people, altough some historians believe they tended to like their herbs also.:inquisitive:

Sir Moody
11-14-2006, 00:57
Sasaki seems to be changing his vote, this should be picked up as it could mean that he has something to do with the killing of Masy

something about this makes my hackles rise - everyone knows Sas throws votes around like confetti and ultrawar isnt new...

unvote = Abstain

Vote = UltraWar

Seamus Fermanagh
11-14-2006, 03:44
UNVOTE: Abstain
VOTE: Doc Bean

After two games, I am a little leery of active posters of short posts who do not register any vote -- even to abstain. Destro did that in CN and Myrddraal in G2 both later proved to be mafia hitters. This is not absolute proof of guilt, of course, so perhaps this will shift.

Edit: Leery is, of course, the better spelling. Leary was a typo and not a Freudian slip. I have never tried LSD. I swear. My brother I am not so sure of ....ooops.

Proletariat
11-14-2006, 04:05
Unvote: Abstain
Vote: Kommodus

Get to posting!

Kommodus
11-14-2006, 04:26
Unvote: Abstain
Vote: Kommodus

Get to posting!

Eh? What's up with this? ~:confused:

Actually I've been trying to work out whether or not it's actually in our interest to lynch someone this round. As CR pointed out, our odds of getting a bad guy are 6/14 or 5/14 (depending on Masy's role). Those aren't bad odds compared to other games - except that in this one there are two opposing gangs, which might kill each other's members as well as killing innocents. Add to that the fact that all of the non-evil players have some kind of pro-town role which we'd be better off not eliminating, and the question doesn't seem so clear to me.

My computer simulation isn't robust enough to handle this situation yet; it kinda needs a redesign. But unfortunately I'm working on other projects at present.

For now, I Vote: No Lynch.

Proletariat
11-14-2006, 04:33
Alright, good enough.

Unvote: Kommodus
Vote: Dutch Guy

Crazed Rabbit
11-14-2006, 05:21
Unvote: Craterus
Vote: No Lynch

Even if a good guy was offed, it is not in the town's interests, as per my earlier post.

CR

Proletariat
11-14-2006, 05:24
So how will we find a bad guy this way? Voting trends are what gets people talking and what everyone can see. We need to set it off somewhere.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-14-2006, 05:27
She's right.

Unvote, Vote:Proletariat

I think I'll stick with this one for a while. Just a feeling.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-14-2006, 05:32
Unvote: Craterus
Vote: No Lynch

Even if a good guy was offed, it is not in the town's interests, as per my earlier post.

CR

https://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4149/mathpw1.jpg

Also, that sentence makes ZERO sense. Seriously.

Crazed Rabbit
11-14-2006, 05:50
Sasaki: I meant, even if the mafia have killed a good guy with their first kill, it would not be in the town's best interests to lynch.
As per my earlier post:

3 ruffians
3 assassins
2 monks
1 Brother Cadfael
4 soldiers
2 nobles
We have six baddies (or 5 if Masy was one), and 9 good guys (or 8).

A purely random vote will make us more likely to kill a good guy.

An interesting hypothesis: one of the killers didn't get their pm in on time.

Just for some discussion, ya know.

CR

Reconsidering my vote...
Vote: Proletariat

Why?

So how will we find a bad guy this way? Voting trends are what gets people talking and what everyone can see. We need to set it off somewhere.
Sounds similar to me when I was a mafioso in Sasakis mini-mafia.

EDIT: Yes, I know I'm going against what I just said, but Prole doesn't have a target for a lynching - she's not a detective who's found a guilty person, and she strikse me as more likely to be guilty- ie not purely random vote. And I seemed to have missed my 3000th post, dangit!

Crazed Rabbit

Sasaki Kojiro
11-14-2006, 06:00
Sasaki: I meant, even if the mafia have killed a good guy with their first kill, it would not be in the town's best interests to lynch.
As per my earlier post:

Oh ok, I didn't get that you were talking about the kill I thought you meant the lynch.

2/5 chance of getting a mafia is much better than usual. And monks/soldiers aren't that useful. So we're twice as likely to hit a mafia as we are to hit one of the really useful roles.

Drisos
11-14-2006, 08:52
Unvote: UltraWar

No reasoning in voting for Prole, eagerness to lynch someone at least.. :thumbsdown:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-14-2006, 08:57
...says Drisos, putting the potentially lynching vote on Sasaki...(tis 3-2 if you haven't been keeping count)

and only an hour till the 24 hour period is up. What are you playing at Drisos?

Unvote,Vote:Ultrawar for the tie.

I'd rather be voting prole though.

Ignoramus
11-14-2006, 10:36
********Voting Closed********

Myrddraal
11-14-2006, 10:47
Hmm, thats a shame. The first lynch reminds me of a spinning wheel, who knows where it will stop? But this time, it stops between two people, and we actually have to vote for someone in the knowledge that they might well die.

Ignoramus
11-14-2006, 11:00
Next day in Shrewsbury.

An eager crowd thronged around the town square, eager to be rid of this dangerous menace. As Sir Ignoramus walked onto the platform, everyone errupted in accusations. "Kill Sasaki!" a few people yelled. Other screamed, "You stupid fools, UltraWar is the villain!" "SILENCE!", yelled Sir Ignoramus. "Because you ignorant peasants are so biased against each other, we have no clear result. As such, we shall have no entertainment today. You have, however, narrowed your choice to two men: Sasaki Kojiro and UltraWar. Guards!" As Sasaki and UltraWar were led onto the platform, a hail of rotten vegetables and dung assailed them. "Return in 24 hours and cast your vote," continued Sir Ignoramus, "meanwhile, these two will remain in the stocks." The crowd began to disperse, disappointed that there was no execution that day.

Vote between Sasaki Kojiro and UltraWar. Voting closes in 24 hours.

Tally:
UltraWar: 3 votes: Sasaki Kojiro, Sir Moody, Craterus
Sasaki Kojiro:: 3 votes: Drisos, Silver Rusher, UltraWar
No Vote: 2 votes doc_bean, Dutch_guy
Dutch_guy: 1 vote: Proletariat,
Proletariat: 1 vote: Crazed Rabbit,
No Lynch: 1 vote: Kommodus,
doc_bean: 1 vote: Seamus Fermanagh
Myrddraal: 1 vote: Kagemusha
Craterus: 1 vote: Myrddraal

Sasaki Kojiro
11-14-2006, 11:05
Vote:Ultrawar

For reference, this was his reason for voting me:

:stare: ~:confused: :stare:

Seamus Fermanagh
11-14-2006, 13:42
Ultra did jump on Sasaki pretty quick. Rightly or wrongly, Sasaki was perfectly normal -- for Sasaki -- trying to annoy everybody early on and get them involved.

A slightly reluctant Vote: Ultrawar from me.

Sir Moody
11-14-2006, 14:17
Ill stick with my ultrawar vote he jumped on sas rather too quickly and didnt give a very good explanation - voting sas is usually a good cover because he acts so guilty (even when he isnt)

Vote: Ultrawar

Proletariat
11-14-2006, 14:42
Vote: Ultra.

Kommodus
11-14-2006, 14:57
I guess it's slightly more likely to be UltraWar.

Vote: UltraWar

doc_bean
11-14-2006, 17:10
vote Sir Moody

for bandwagoning :afro:

Kagemusha
11-14-2006, 17:15
Doc.We are supposed to vote between Sasaki and Cowhead.:tomato: I still think that there is something strange going on between Myrd and Sasaki. Vote: Sasaki

Craterus
11-14-2006, 17:58
I haven't played a game with Sasaki before. At least, not while he was throwing accusations around so regularly. Although I think it's a dangerous tactic (for the townspeople), my vote isn't really going to have an effect on this tie.

UltraWar
11-14-2006, 18:26
Vote:Sasaki Kojiro

He is a dangerous person. I hope that my death will be swift and I hear that the church is quite lively this time of year. I hope that you be careful who you vote for as any mistakes can be fatal. It is obvious that I will be executed because I voted for Sasaki earlier for changing his vote which can be seen as strange. I hope these words will be useful to hear.

doc_bean
11-14-2006, 18:39
Doc.We are supposed to vote between Sasaki and Cowhead.:tomato: I still think that there is something strange going on between Myrd and Sasaki. Vote: Sasaki

Damn :dunce:

Vote Sasaki then.

Sir Moody
11-14-2006, 18:57
i voted for ultrawar before this so its hardly bandwagoning... on the plus side my first ever nominination for lynching in a mafia game :rolleyes2:

Silver Rusher
11-14-2006, 19:55
Hmm, now that I think about it UW does look pretty suspicious.

Vote: UltraWar

Dutch_guy
11-14-2006, 20:08
Vote:Ultra

Seamus Fermanagh
11-14-2006, 20:24
That's 7 for Ultra and 4 for Kojiro, with 3 not yet voting.

Drisos
11-15-2006, 07:50
...says Drisos, putting the potentially lynching vote on Sasaki...(tis 3-2 if you haven't been keeping count)

and only an hour till the 24 hour period is up. What are you playing at Drisos?

I'm sorry, I hadn't paid any attention to neither the time 'count' nor the 'remaining time'.

I don't know who to vote now.. sasaki doesn't seem so suspicious to me, but in the past we've learned he cannot be trusted (:P) hmm.. ultrawar's posts don't seem 'mafia' to me either..

gah!

hmmm..

Vote: Ultrawar

Crazed Rabbit
11-15-2006, 09:31
Vote: Sasaki.

Just to even it up a little... 8-5 for Ultra if Seamus's count was correct.

Crazed Rabbit

Ignoramus
11-15-2006, 11:12
********Voting Closed********

Ignoramus
11-15-2006, 11:59
Next day in Shrewsbury.

There was a great riot in the town. UltraWar did not want to go peacefully, and drew his sword to defend himself, but a well aimed brick ended his stuggle. The unconscious UltraWar was then revived and hung. Sir Ignoramus then spoke to the village, "For your sakes, you better have chosen well. Let us hope there will be peace in Shrewsbury tonight."

Sasaki Kojiro: 8 votes: Sasaki Kojiro, Seamus Fermanagh, Sir Moody, Proletariat, Kommodus, Silver Rusher, Dutch_guy, Drisos
UltraWar: 5 votes: Kagemusha, Craterus, UltraWar, doc_bean, Crazed 5Rabbit

PM's please.

Crazed Rabbit
11-15-2006, 18:34
Um, I think you mixed up the names:

Sasaki Kojiro: 8 votes: Sasaki Kojiro, Seamus Fermanagh, Sir Moody, Proletariat, Kommodus, Silver Rusher, Dutch_guy, Drisos
UltraWar: 5 votes: Kagemusha, Craterus, UltraWar, doc_bean, Crazed 5Rabbit

Sasaki got 5, while Ultra got 8.

Crazed Rabbit

Seamus Fermanagh
11-15-2006, 19:50
I concur with Crazed Rabbit.

+1

Sasaki Kojiro
11-16-2006, 02:17
Well that round was kinda wasted, we didn't learn much at all.

This round we can lynch Prole though, she didn't have a "pro-active let's help the town, I know: I'll help rouse the lurkers" attitude last game.

Seamus Fermanagh
11-16-2006, 03:44
Sasaki:

...We're not even sure if you, I or anyone else has survived the night. I agree with you that discussion helps, but chill out -- you've got a little bit of time before someone tries to lynch you.:laugh4:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-16-2006, 04:10
Sasaki:

...We're not even sure if you, I or anyone else has survived the night. I agree with you that discussion helps, but chill out -- you've got a little bit of time before someone tries to lynch you.:laugh4:

We don't usually waste the time between kills. Unless this round you are trying to suppress discussion?

Proletariat
11-16-2006, 04:29
Eh, can't win. You're either mafia because you lurk or mafia because you're involved in the thread.

Anyway, no real good speculation until we see some blood tonight, so I'll hold off until then.

Drisos
11-17-2006, 07:43
Sasaki is very eager to lynch Prole... though he doesn't seem to have more evidence then just reading Prole's posts.. is there more to it? or should we better vote you off instead, sasaki? :book:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-17-2006, 08:30
Sasaki is very eager to lynch Prole... though he doesn't seem to have more evidence then just reading Prole's posts.. is there more to it? or should we better vote you off instead, sasaki? :book:

I don't remember you ever being so accusatory Drisos. I'd put your lynch vote on me last round (an hour before voting closed) down to an accident but it looks like it was genuine. You'll be getting my vote next round.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-17-2006, 17:09
Well we're certainly putting our time to good use. I guess with only 9 townies this is to be expected.

Seamus Fermanagh
11-17-2006, 21:06
I got in the habit of quietly reviewing things during the "night" phases, since there were few "actions" to be taken in the absence of knowing the victims. This seems a little sparse even so -- and the weekend is upon us.

doc_bean
11-18-2006, 22:04
long night...

Proletariat
11-18-2006, 22:10
Yeah, really. Between MTW2 and the weekend itself, this is quite a lull.

Drisos
11-18-2006, 22:17
I don't remember you ever being so accusatory Drisos. I'd put your lynch vote on me last round (an hour before voting closed) down to an accident but it looks like it was genuine. You'll be getting my vote next round.

I don't know what it is either.. :embarassed: :dizzy2:

and anyways.. again murders are taking quite a while.. and indeed, I have been quite much inactive.. that is, haven't looked in this thread for a few days. kind of lost any motivation for mafia right now, so you won't loose much executing me..

Csargo
11-19-2006, 22:14
Is this game dead or what?

Sir Moody
11-19-2006, 22:39
starting too look that way

Ignoramus
11-19-2006, 23:23
No, people haven't been sending their PM's. I can't continue without them.

Crazed Rabbit
11-20-2006, 02:16
Just go along without them. If the mafia is slow getting their kills in, too bad for them.

CR

Proletariat
11-20-2006, 02:32
Or wrath of god them and give their roles away. Really annoying people sign up for these things and stop paying attention days on end. Just say you're going out of town or whatever. :thumbsdown:

Seamus Fermanagh
11-20-2006, 03:52
I concur. We need to move forward. The weekend is over so...

doc_bean
11-20-2006, 11:56
Are you sure your mailbox isn't full ? That happened to me once :embarassed:

Myrddraal
11-20-2006, 11:59
:yes:

Kagemusha
11-20-2006, 15:09
This seems incredible.How hard is it for you mafia fellows to type a name in a post?:laugh4:

doc_bean
11-20-2006, 16:03
24h limit FTW !

Myrddraal
11-20-2006, 18:15
24h limit FTW !
I'm not sure what FTW means, but I think a time limit like in Silver's games is in order. If the mafia haven't pmd by then, then tough.

Proletariat
11-20-2006, 18:49
For the win

What's irritating is that the people (mafia) taking their sweet time most likely signed up for GH's new game over the weekend.

:inquisitive:

doc_bean
11-22-2006, 10:21
COME ON !!! IG I know you were on line today, proceed with the game already unless you really want it to die :furious3: :furious3: :furious3:

Seamus Fermanagh
11-22-2006, 13:59
I think it's about time to lock this. Pity.

I liked the concept of the multiple active roles, so I hope a redux is in the offing a little further along.

Myrddraal
11-22-2006, 15:12
I liked the concept of the multiple active roles, so I hope a redux is in the offing a little further along.

What he said.

Proletariat
11-22-2006, 15:22
Ignoramous, if we do can this game, can you reveal the names of the people who stuffed the game up? I have a few etomatos ready to launch

:tomato:

Csargo
11-22-2006, 20:59
If this game isn't going then I'de be happy to start mine.:beam:

doc_bean
11-23-2006, 19:43
Fine. I commit suicide.

I was a Guard, protected Proletariat the first night.

Proletariat
11-24-2006, 01:08
Guess I will too. I was the Detective. I investigated Sasaki and he's innocent.

Sir Moody
11-24-2006, 01:51
well since we are all commiting suicide - i was a ruffian and we submited our kill so wasnt us

Seamus Fermanagh
11-24-2006, 04:02
I had the honor to be a monk serving under the gentle orders of milady abbess Proletariat.

Pity this one didn't gel - I quite liked it.

Ignoramus
11-24-2006, 04:48
Ach, I was about to post the kills. Too bad.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-24-2006, 06:09
Guess I will too. I was the Detective. I investigated Sasaki and he's innocent.

:wall: good luck to me if I'm ever mafia again.

I was a soldier, protected Craterus. Pity the game ended like this, but after so many days I'd really lost track of things. Mind giving us a full role breakdown Ignoramus?

Dutch_guy
11-24-2006, 18:00
:wall: good luck to me if I'm ever mafia again.

I was a soldier, protected Craterus. Pity the game ended like this, but after so many days I'd really lost track of things. Mind giving us a full role breakdown Ignoramus?

Same here

Craterus
11-24-2006, 22:05
I was Brother Cadfael. But due to a mix-up, I didn't get to be detective. :sad:

Myrddraal
11-24-2006, 23:08
I was an assasin. The first night I submitted a kill a bit on the late side, but before Ignoramus posted the kills. It didn't get through.

We'd already submitted our kill for this round a while back, it was the same kill in fact.

I don't know about you guys, but I really liked the concept of this game, it was a bit different... but hey.

Myrddraal
11-24-2006, 23:12
I was Brother Cadfael. But due to a mix-up, I didn't get to be detective.

eh?

Craterus
11-25-2006, 00:27
eh?

Look back at the first page. Brother Cafael is a monk, but is also the detective. When I sent in my first investigation, I got told I wasn't the detective after all. No big deal. Just the biggest event of the game for me... :huh:

Drisos
11-25-2006, 09:48
I was fellow assasin of myrddraal.. nice job sasaki :P:2thumbsup:

doc_bean
11-25-2006, 10:35
Heh, I would hace protected Craterus the second night (PM sent).

My new method rules :2thumbsup:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-25-2006, 11:50
I was fellow assasin of myrddraal.. nice job sasaki :P:2thumbsup:

Hah!

~:cheers:

Dutch_guy
11-25-2006, 16:00
Heh, I would hace protected Craterus the second night (PM sent).

My new method rules :2thumbsup:

So all the soldiers protected Craterus that night ? Well at least Sasaki and I did, that is

Myrddraal
11-25-2006, 22:39
Hmm suspicious... Lych Sasaki!

Sasaki Kojiro
11-26-2006, 09:25
Who were the other mafia in this game Ignoramus, I'm curious.

I'm interested in a specific person...

Sir Moody
11-26-2006, 19:21
kage and komm were my partners in crime and ours was the only kill registered....

Sasaki Kojiro
11-26-2006, 19:42
Aha very interesting.

Kommodus
11-26-2006, 19:47
Yeah, I was one of the Ruffians. Too bad we didn't get to go very far.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-26-2006, 21:02
I just have to say I love your sig quotes Kommodus. Whose was that last one with the dynamite?

Kagemusha
11-26-2006, 23:01
I share the feelings of Kommodus.Its a shame that our ruffian team didnt get the pleasure to wipe out this town.~;)

Kommodus
11-26-2006, 23:23
I just have to say I love your sig quotes Kommodus. Whose was that last one with the dynamite?

That was a Jack Handey quote too. Jack Handey was not a real person, but rather a recurring character on SNL. I virtually never watched that show, but heard about the character second-hand.

There are various places on the web to find his "deep thoughts." Here's one example:

http://www.cco.net/~jpete/deepthou.htm

Myrddraal
11-27-2006, 21:14
Kage, you were a dead man :grin:

I even had a nice little medieval assasination planned for you :evilgrin:

Kagemusha
11-27-2006, 22:28
Myrd, can you tell me the details it would be nice to know how you would have killed me?~;)My tactic was to intentionally irritate the other assasin team so much that they would attack me and hopefully someone would have protected me since my verbal assault against the assasins was so obviuos that way i would have got an good alibi to protect myself from angry villagers.:yes:

Myrddraal
11-30-2006, 19:16
Evening in Shrewsbury...

Kagemusha was enjoying the sunset with a glass or port on the balcony of his home above the carpenters shop in town. It had been a long and tiring day, and he soon slipped into a happy slumber.

And so he didn’t notice the cloaked figure carefully looking over the guttering above his head, and he didn’t hear the sound of a basket being dropped onto the balcony, nor the angry hissing of the snake that emerged seconds later to bite deep into his ankle. He did not wake.

Kagemusha
11-30-2006, 22:14
Atleast i wouldnt have had to go to long journey sober.That would have been good way to go.:2thumbsup: