PDA

View Full Version : Bugs and Issues post.

caius britannicus
11-09-2006, 00:39
Known Issues:

- If you play more than 3 battles in a row there is a chance your video memory could be overloaded and a CTD occur loading the next battle
- Palm trees are too big
- random crash on AI turns when "Follow AI Characters" is selected in campaigns
- Agents for the crusaders on the map already have old portraits (can't fix this)

WImPyTjeH
11-09-2006, 20:53
hmmm.... are you sure your sprites are working properly ?

because i get this if i zoom out:
https://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2582/nieuwbitmapafbeeldingpj7.png (https://imageshack.us)

you can clearly see the saracen banner but not the units. if i zoom in, i see the units

it was the saracen 'knight from the principality of edessa' unit

W

Dooz
11-09-2006, 21:18
Not sure if it's intended or not, but I have a similar problem to Wimpy's only it's the other way around. The white flags of routing units sometime disappear when zoomed out.

Revenant
11-09-2006, 21:42
Several bugs I spotted:

- Teutonic foot knights and Teutonic sergeats have swapped description text

- Hospitaller mounted knights have "shifted" icon image (a bit of right piece of the icon is on the left, it should by on the right)

- I cannot iniciated night battle (Saladin has night fighter trait, but the possibility of fighting in night is missing - may be intentional?)

caius britannicus
11-09-2006, 22:28

https://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2582/nieuwbitmapafbeeldingpj7.png (https://imageshack.us)

you can clearly see the saracen banner but not the units. if i zoom in, i see the units

W

Hrm, I'll look into it. The graphics have been done for over 2 months now, with equivalent testing. All the sprites were working prior to release.

ignacius_magnus
11-09-2006, 23:27
i have the same problem but i disable the unit shaders and the glint and reflections and it works fine

some buildings have missing text it says this text sould not be here or something

and sometimes in the campaign map i move the cursors and it bumps me right back to my desktop

and last but not least sometimes the gods decree that middle eastern lands are too hot and dry and when i click my next turn the eastern lands become "waterworld" all the land are bellow the sea maybe ill noah and the ark

maybe its just gods will

daud.fr
11-10-2006, 01:16

W

Sprites are working fine. Disable Gloss/Glints.

bdtj1815
11-10-2006, 02:04
Firstly I must first say what a great mod. Inspired me to get "Kingdom of Heaven", the much much better director's cut, out ready to watch again!!

A couple of little things I have come across not already mentioned in earlier posts. When I open the "Agents Window" some of the spies have either unit or building pictures not the usual portraits, hope you follow me on that one! And the text is all messed up and not correctly positioned.

A few "historical" things seem a bit strange. The Saracens seem to have "christian" units in their armies. I don't know if these are mercenaries or recruitable units but are surely inaccurate. Whilst I am amazed at the great variety of units available in the mod I am not sure about the makeup of some of the starting "Crusader" armies, nor their relative size compared to the Kingdom forces, which were minimal after Hattin, or the Saracen forces, although presumably that is to make things tough!!

Finally unfortunately I am experiencing a fatal CTD about 12 turns in during the AI turn. I am not sure how to find out, if it is even possible, what is causing this. Would sending you the savegame file be useful to you?

Again many thanks to you for one of the best mods yet, I doubt MTW2 can compete.

Shishan
11-10-2006, 02:38
A few "historical" things seem a bit strange. The Saracens seem to have "christian" units in their armies. I don't know if these are mercenaries or recruitable units but are surely inaccurate.

Through some simple research :book: i find out there is "middle eastern christians" in their armies historically, they fought with saladin for freedom of thier homeland..after being oppressed for many years..its not strange thou..juz look @ when scotland fight the english for freedom they're both christians.

But for a christian crusaders units in their armies..yes its strange...~:confused:

Geoffrey S
11-10-2006, 08:53
Through some simple research :book: i find out there is "middle eastern christians" in their armies historically, they fought with saladin for freedom of thier homeland..after being oppressed for many years..its not strange thou..juz look @ when scotland fight the english for freedom they're both christians.

But for a christian crusaders units in their armies..yes its strange...~:confused:
Christians weren't oppressed, they had to pay taxes though and usually lived in seperate areas of towns and cities. And besides, the Christians under Saladin generally wouldn't be of the Roman Catholic variety.

Incongruous
11-10-2006, 11:29
Gah!
I know this isn't a bug but I have just spent a while downloading and now when i try to install it says the folder contains invalid data.
What should I do?

daud.fr
11-10-2006, 11:33
Gah!
I know this isn't a bug but I have just spent a while downloading and now when i try to install it says the folder contains invalid data.
What should I do?
Check that you have BI v1.6, and make sure you install into the Rome-Total War folder, not BI....

Sumeren
11-10-2006, 20:09
Im crashing in campaign mod when playing Crusaders after a few turns not in Saracen campaign though. Any ideas?

caius britannicus
11-10-2006, 22:07
Im crashing in campaign mod when playing Crusaders after a few turns not in Saracen campaign though. Any ideas?

Its something I'm working on. Whats really confusing is the two campaigns only differ in one file. And I can't find whats causing the issue. The search continues however.

Incongruous
11-10-2006, 22:21
Check that you have BI v1.6, and make sure you install into the Rome-Total War folder, not BI....

No I mean I can't even begin the instalation.

Incongruous
11-11-2006, 09:08
I'm really annoyed now, i have downloaded this three times and everytime i want to run the dowloaded application I can't because of invalid data.

I can no longer download it anymore due to my being NZ and only having 1Gig to use.

Can you please give me some tips.

daud.fr
11-11-2006, 12:02
I'm really annoyed now, i have downloaded this three times and everytime i want to run the dowloaded application I can't because of invalid data.

I can no longer download it anymore due to my being NZ and only having 1Gig to use.

Can you post a screenshot of the error?

WTFM-GzZ
11-11-2006, 13:50
http://wtfm.exblog.jp/i23

i have play u r mod.....very good mod...:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

sorry my english bad...lol

caius britannicus
11-11-2006, 16:10

Your getting corrupted downloads. Try downloading it from a different source. The TotalRealism.net download has been reliable I suggest that one.

Manslaughter the Great I
11-11-2006, 17:44
The issue I have is more gameplay wise than anything else. As Saladin and his army I took this small little village on the outskirts of Crusader lands with a population of 40. I destroyed the church and started putting up the mosque.
Before the mosque could be built however the 40 population revolted numerous times against my men and even killed Saladin and then eventually rebelled.

Ciaran
11-11-2006, 17:46
I have a weird issue, the game runs fine ( and I got my back kicked by Saladin within a couple of turns ~;) ), but when I exit the game the error message report pops up (you know, blablabla. exe caused a problem, do you wish to send a report to Microsoft, which won´t get you any help but might make you feel better).
Well, as I said, the game runs fine, and whatever happens when I want to exit it I don´t really care about (all right, if it were to blow up my system I would), I just wanted to report this happens to me. No idea why, though.

KARTLOS
11-11-2006, 19:05
i think the stronghold/ fortress cities should start with a higher population, you tend not to be able to recruit/retrain units there as i think it is intended you will do as the pop is too small. I recomend giving them a pop of 1500 or so and giving them a church or something to begin with to balance out the fact the population will be less happy

caius britannicus
11-11-2006, 20:43
i think the stronghold/ fortress cities should start with a higher population, you tend not to be able to recruit/retrain units there as i think it is intended you will do as the pop is too small. I recomend giving them a pop of 1500 or so and giving them a church or something to begin with to balance out the fact the population will be less happy

I wanted to do that I just forgot. SO much on my plate at one time. This will definitely be in the upcoming patch.

Incongruous
11-11-2006, 22:19
That's wierd because I dwnld it from the RTR site before and i couldt install but now I can.

THANK YOU SIR!:2thumbsup:

beauchamp
11-11-2006, 23:44
The only bug I can find is that when defending a citadel (Take my case, Aleppo) the soldiers are all lined up from the opposite direction from the assult. This happens whenever I have been besieged.

nameless
11-13-2006, 06:49
Its something I'm working on. Whats really confusing is the two campaigns only differ in one file. And I can't find whats causing the issue. The search continues however.

So the Crusader campaign is unplayable at the moment? Darn:embarassed:

Keep crashing at 1188 as crusaders.

VirtualSmitty
11-13-2006, 14:28
So the Crusader campaign is unplayable at the moment? Darn:embarassed:

Keep crashing at 1188 as crusaders.

Mine works fine, no crashes at all. Only bugs i've come across are with the unit cards. Sometimes the pictures change, for example Guy got barbarossas pic after a few turns. Also, sometimes the spy's card changes to a unit in the city they are spying on.

And the names. As the game progressed I had like 12 Guy's lol

ignacius_magnus
11-13-2006, 17:20
i know ...i have all of this bugs ahhhhhhhh help

doees anyone know how can i change or edit how long it takes to train a crusade unit.........or some cheat to make em pop quiker im getting my heiny being handed to me by those pesky saracens they have bled my dry i still have all my cities but it will be a matter of time before they bring down the hammer on my precious christians cities!!!!

Somerled
11-13-2006, 17:39
Great mod...thanks for all of your hard work.

My machine is not too old, and I have 1 gig of ram, but my campaign screen really lags. Is this common? I can tweak the battles to run just fine, but the campaign is very slow even with shadows off.

nameless
11-13-2006, 19:31
Mine works fine, no crashes at all. Only bugs i've come across are with the unit cards. Sometimes the pictures change, for example Guy got barbarossas pic after a few turns. Also, sometimes the spy's card changes to a unit in the city they are spying on.

Frick, I've already did a clean install when I first installed this game.:furious3:

caius britannicus
11-13-2006, 19:54

Ya the names list is rather short. I'm working on increasing it.

Count Flip
11-14-2006, 03:44
same here no crashes... the only thing wierd is that i had two richard plantengents.. but one had the lionheart as a title... hehe great mod love it .. its very very challenging with wat the crusaders start with..

nameless
11-14-2006, 06:22
Caius:

Tried a new campaign and made sure I loaded the Script (Clicked on Show me how and then left the advisor as it was).

About roughly 4-5 turns in the saracens start making numerous assaults on me and some battles I fought but others I just auto-calculated (Not worth fighting since I would lose anyways) and that's when it starts crashing. Not sure if the auto-calc has anything to do with it since I'm not loading a new battle up. I've already made a fresh install too.

But seriously, I haven't done anything to the game other than readjust the rebel spawns which shouldn't do anything at all.

The game seems to crash during the saracen-rebel turn though. Any ideas?

Clearchus
11-14-2006, 17:08
Hmm...when I try to play I imediately get the message:

"Error loading mount database."

Gommas
11-17-2006, 12:38
Caius:

Tried a new campaign and made sure I loaded the Script (Clicked on Show me how and then left the advisor as it was).

About roughly 4-5 turns in the saracens start making numerous assaults on me and some battles I fought but others I just auto-calculated (Not worth fighting since I would lose anyways) and that's when it starts crashing. Not sure if the auto-calc has anything to do with it since I'm not loading a new battle up. I've already made a fresh install too.

But seriously, I haven't done anything to the game other than readjust the rebel spawns which shouldn't do anything at all.

The game seems to crash during the saracen-rebel turn though. Any ideas?

Hello, thank you for this wonderful mod.
I have the same problem, at saracen turn 5 the game always crash to desktop. At this turn there is always a saracen army sieging at least a city.
I tried like ten different campaigns but is the same.
Thank you again for the magnificent job.

The Spartan (Returns)
11-19-2006, 16:56
Teutonic Knights and Seargents descriptions are mixed up.
crossbows make archer sound effects and shoot in an arch. (it should shoot straight)
spearmen dont have their bonus against cavalry. (or do they?)
no diplomats?
otherwise great mod!

draxxus
11-20-2006, 23:45
I get a crash to desktop everytime i end my turn as crusaders at 1193 AD

Dunno what's going on :(

Arciel
11-23-2006, 13:06
I, too, have been having some bugs crop up when I play. For the Crusaders Campaign, I always get a ctd almost always around 4-6 turns in the game, during the saracen-rebel turn wherein at least one city is being besieged by the Saracens. As for the Saracen campaign, is Shaizer scripted to always have a loyalist revolt at around the same time? It's always been because of that town that I've been involved in an early war against the crusaders.

BTW, great mod! Definitely one of the best, if not the best!

Darkarbiter
11-24-2006, 09:18
A member has uploaded a fix at the RTR forums for this bug... i think caius is gonna fix it officially too...

Arciel
11-24-2006, 14:36
RTR? What's the fix doing there?

Mooks
11-25-2006, 05:59
I got this really wierd message pop up. Saying I failed the success conditions (It had a picture of a sword in the ground) then went on too say I didnt be as great as Constatine in 17bc (Or something like that, its kind of late at night). Im just keep on playing though.

Darkarbiter
11-25-2006, 07:46
RTR? What's the fix doing there?
because it was posted by a RTR member and also because naturally caius being an ex RTR dev his biggest fanbase is at forums.

Arciel
11-25-2006, 16:39
Didn't know that. It seems that I can't find a reference to that patch in the RTR forums, so I'll guess I'll wait until caius officially releases his own patch. Thanks a bunch anyway.

caius britannicus
11-25-2006, 17:38
http://forums.totalrealism.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=23851&view=findpost&p=304908

Heres the fix the person created. It has not solved all the CTD issues with the crusader campaign. An offical patch is still a ways off, I'm busy with RL right now.

Arciel
11-26-2006, 03:02
Well, good luck with RL and whatever you're doing right now. As for the patch, it really doesn't matter how long I wait, just take your time hopefully find a fix to all of the problems. =)

EDIT: And how do I exactly place this in my files? Do I overwrite the descr_strat.txt, because when I do, the Crusader campaign description changes to that of the Saracens and I can't start a game. Sorry for posting this here as I'm not a member of the RTR forums.

Cangrande
12-25-2006, 00:27
I've downloaded ok, but although it seems to have installed ok, I get to the title screen and then it crashes to windows. Any ideas? I'm using the Jonesoft generic thingy. I've got BI 1.6 and I'm sure I'm installing to the right RTW directory, but....

Cangrande
12-25-2006, 00:30
I've downloaded ok, but although it seems to have installed ok, I get to the title screen and then it crashes to windows. Any ideas? I'm using the Jonesoft generic thingy. I've got BI 1.6 and I'm sure I'm installing to the right RTW directory, but....

Cangrande
12-25-2006, 00:34

Cangrande
12-25-2006, 00:40
Sorry guys! The page wouldn't load, perhaps a mod could remove the surplus?
Ta

Cangrande
12-26-2006, 16:12
Problem sorted, thanks!

Seign Thelas
01-07-2007, 10:50
I downloaded, installed, and started it up, when I hit start game after picking my faction, the game just loops back to the screen where it says New Game and all that. And all the factions are visible on the screen for faction select (i.e: Alemanni are there.)

caius britannicus
01-07-2007, 16:40
Are you choosing Campaigns of the Crusades then either The Third Crusades or Saladins Conquests? The imperial BI campaign does not work. You must use the new Crusader Campaigns. They are at the bottom of the main single player menu.

Icefrisco
01-13-2007, 05:33
when i started mine up it went to the loading screen and then the game dissappeared, i didnt even reach the start menu. how come it couldnt load im pretty sure i installed it correctly?

bics
08-31-2007, 08:22
I have the same issues as several people here, game crashes around 1188 during AI moves which is after just a few turns.
I'm really amazed at this mod, I mean really outstanding what I've seen of it, however it's a crying shame that it seems unplayable for most people. The link for a fix at RTR forums is dead as the forum has been down for weeks, maybe longer, the last post by here by caius seems to be 8 months ago so I'm having to assume there's not going to be a fix for this? again, a real shame that the amount of outstanding work thats been done on this kind of ends here with an unplayable mod.

christof139
09-03-2007, 10:49
Hi, I'm in 1188 and haven't had a crash, ever never, oh, except for the standard RTW crash and/or my normal system crash that sometimes occurs dur to a WinXP SP 2 error that is always listed and reported as the same. But I have had no crashes that seem to be only do to the mod. Ny last crash was a long time ago in another campaign.

Maybe this may be occurring to cause a crash: playing in unscripted mode and then cahnging to the 52-year script or visa versa??

I haven't made it through 1188 yet but so far so good.

Chris

bics
09-07-2007, 19:23
Well, there's certainly issues with the crusader campaign regarding CTD's for most of us which is why the author put a campaign update fix and in another post linking to a fix at the RTR forums, problem still exists that the links are both dead cause the forum at RTR is dead. Maybe there's some that can play Crusaders past 1188 but unless these fixes are ever sorted out into something more permanent you're going to get CTD's at some point.

christof139
09-08-2007, 01:03
I don't have that update fix installed methinks, as I can't find any file of it that would be ther if i had downlaoaded it.

I am also far, far into 1188.

Chris

PS: I also played without the 52-turn per year script, and that would be 2-turns per year rate I guess, and I played well inot the 1200's, 1204 or 1208, somewhere around there, without a CTD that ended the campaign.

intheclub
12-20-2007, 21:47
Im having trouble with show_err. I've been trying to make a new campaign (first crusade) and I put the tagline on but it never shows me the error when it ctd's

Max Jagged
12-15-2008, 10:42
~:mecry: Unfortunately, the game crash to Windows after 5 or 6 turns. I'm very disappointed and fustrated because this mod seems very great, I hope a gold version will be released very soon :embarassed: Thank you