PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Pack Extraction.

vhiran
11-12-2006, 18:16
Help is needed... Xpack won't seem to extract the packs of M2TW properly. I stick the Xpack files in the pack directory, and run it with the -mkdir prompt, and it doesn't do anything. Sometimes it creates a directory named, say, data_0, but the directory is empty. What am I doing wrong?

vhiran
11-12-2006, 18:22
OK Check that, actually Xpak doesn't seem to work at ALL. Could someone point me towards one that does work, or better yet tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks ahead of time.

alpaca
11-12-2006, 19:25
Xpak will only work on RTW pak files, not MTW2 pack files.

vhiran
11-12-2006, 20:25
Yes, I realized the extension is different. I suppose We'll just have to wait for someone to make a new program for extraction.

shifty157
11-12-2006, 21:47
Yes, I realized the extension is different. I suppose We'll just have to wait for someone to make a new program for extraction.

Yeah pretty much. Although there is some hope of CA releasing something.

dh19440113
11-17-2006, 04:37
:2thumbsup: tw center has it posted
www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68686

Epistolary Richard
11-17-2006, 09:25
Did you actually read that thread before you posted the link?

You'll see that a proper extractor still eludes them. We're still waiting for the official pack extractor - which, barring problems, should be with us before the end of the month.

Bwian
11-17-2006, 19:32
It's sad to see the guys over at TWC getting so heated over the non-release of a full toolset for this game by CA. It's only been here for a week!

They have promised us some tools to play with, and I look forward to getting my hands on them! Then we can really start to hope someone can get a plugin for Max to allow animation and model tweaking as well as texture tweaking.

It makes sense for CA to compress stuff down. It was on 2 DVD's after all! There are not many games using that much disc space.... so there is a lot of content in this game. I have a lot of plans for this game engine...and until the tools come out, I am just enjoying some vanilla gameplay!

Maculio
11-18-2006, 14:17
yeh, i only hope Ca do actually release proper mod tools this time, unlike with RTW, where I was relying things like TiMe, which crashed like hell. Hopefully as usual the community will get working on it fast though, and i don't mind cos i aint got any ideas yet

Aleric
11-26-2006, 01:10
It's sad to see the guys over at TWC getting so heated over the non-release of a full toolset for this game by CA. It's only been here for a week!

Why is it? To me it makes them more eager to learn what makes the game tick and to get the mods that have been planned to actually start being made.

Bwian
11-26-2006, 10:33
Why is it sad? Do I REALLY have to explain that? People getting angry and heated because we haven't been provided with a full toolkit on release day is not really helping anyone. People were writing off the game, focusing on the negative, and just looking at what they couldn't do RIGHT NOW.

We only had the tools we did for RTW because guys in the community sat down and worked out how to make them. If we have to do it this way again, so be it. It just doesn't happen overnight.

In truth, though, CA will certainly not provide us with help because we slated their game. They are aware of the benefits of a healthy mod community, and I am sure they are aware what we want to do with their new release.

We are promised a pack extractor with the first patch, and I for one am happy to wait for that before I start getting scared this game won't mod. In the meantime, I would rather CA spent their efforts fixing things like the AI's inability to put troops up siege towers properly! I just got my troops slaughtered unit by unit trying to get past 6 of my own men who got trapped on the top platform!

Also...I have moved this to the Mod Questions forum, since it seems more appropriate to there than Tutorials!