PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite era?

Monarch
11-12-2006, 18:53
Time for a non-lag releated thread here :beam:

So, early? High or late?

Personally I've not played any early yet but I've heard Byz and Denmark are exceedingly strong on it. And on late I think I've found the first super unit in the Spanish Musketeers. They have simliar range to longbowmen, effective vs armour, very accurate, scare troops, and basically the only way to beat them is to rush.

So its high for me, most factions seem to hold their own on high which is nice for variety.

Cheetah
11-12-2006, 19:04
No other factions have comparable musketeers?

NihilisticCow
11-12-2006, 20:16
A few other factions get musketeers too, true they do seem to easily kill almost any other missile unit (maybe they're a bit too accurate, but it's way too early to really say), but they really don't like getting skirmished.

Monarch
11-12-2006, 20:51
Portugal have them, AFAIK Portugal and Spain are basically mirror factions.

Other factions get the poor gunpowder shooting units but not the Musketeers.

Darren_Shan
11-13-2006, 15:56
Early!!

:2thumbsup:

RTKBarrett
11-21-2006, 18:28
Turks get jannisary muskets :-)
High is the best all rounder... all factions have something to shout about then.

Stig
11-21-2006, 18:31
I prefer either High or Early, Late can be cool too tho.
I mainly try to play as Denmark, but play as other factions too

Monarch
11-21-2006, 19:00
I've found Denamark a good 1v1 faction, really good rushers, where archers are much less important. However in team games they lack a little.

I've still not played an early game online, but I heard Danes were overpowered?

My new fave [high era] faction are the Moors. Christian Guard a freakin awesome, plus supported by a few Urban Militia gives them great infantry.

Plus, Peasant Crossbowmen, that have long range and armour piercing? FTW! :2thumbsup:

Stig
11-21-2006, 19:05
I don't think Danes are overpowered, you have little cav (max 4 knights, unless you wish to pay more), 4 dismounted knights and huscarls. Not terribly strong. HRE, France, England, etc are all the same, there's little difference at Early Era

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
11-21-2006, 22:09
Late Era is good IMO. Germany and Turks are good in Late era IMO anyhow..

Monarch
11-21-2006, 22:48
Turks are good but expensive, good balance there.

Of course if you're playing high money you're unbalancing the game so yes as Turks jannisary musketeers spam would absolutely rape all.

Ludivico Sforza
11-23-2006, 13:05
Late.

I love the Pike/Musket/Cannon battles.

Although it's a shame alot of factions don't get the higher level gunpowder units...or Pikes at all (England).