PDA

View Full Version : Cool Idea

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
11-13-2006, 19:49
Hey,

I was thinking of doing two Projects for the MP Communtiy on Wikipdedia.. I like to do some major research, I like to make one Page about MP Riviarlies on MP, between clans and players, in each game, STW/MI,MTW/VI and RTW/BI..

Second, I like to make another page about the History of all MP,again,major research.

what you guys think?? would take me a few months to do the search and interviews then..

t1master
11-13-2006, 20:05
there might be a thread or two in the mp section of mtw about old clans. a clan history sticky or something. there was a great forum subsection in the old totalwars.net about mp history, but i don't know how much, if any was saved, might wanna check with the khan. also i'd look up some old time names, elmo, obake, kas and see what they have to say...

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=34598

11-13-2006, 20:07
k Thanks m8, I'll start doing some major research and interviews today..

Puzz3D
11-13-2006, 20:16
k Thanks m8, I'll start doing some major research and interviews today..
It's ancient history, and would be a big project. Your time is better spent on your schoolwork.

Tera
11-13-2006, 20:21
It was attempted several times before, I once led such project on another site. Some stories did come out, and it was indeed very exciting to remember and read them. I can tell you, it is impossible to compile them all, moreover - memory is fading. But if you're interested in some tales of the past, you can always ask people etc.

Most importantly, I wanna think about a future for Total War..wish this M2TW works out.

11-13-2006, 20:23
It's ancient history, and would be a big project. Your time is better spent on your schoolwork.

Of Course m8, that why it will take me couple months. Real Life and MTW2 MP combined :dizzy2: :2thumbsup:

plus I like to peserve the Good History of MP

Btw, Type in "KingWarman88" on widiekpia, check it out..

Stig
11-16-2006, 21:57
I'm pretty sure that both Obake and Elmo will start over how TW made it's downfall ~D
Same as t1 himself really ~D

And I must say I agree with them

Darren_Shan
11-17-2006, 15:42
not a bad idea!!

i myself am doing a blog concentrated on tw multiplayer :)

Kalle
11-17-2006, 16:44
Well what strikes me as one the most intresting and one of the absolutley most vital events in the mp-community history for totalwar was when the "very mature" old comunity had one of its biggest arguments in these forums that ended up in the creation of the 1st .net and actually, for a long time, splitting the old community. If you do some good searching you can still find those threads in the archives.

In fact it was not the arrival of RTW that caused the crisis of the mp-forum on this site. The crise and defeat was a fact a few months after the creation of the 1st .net because that is where mp-talk took place and that is where most of the best went. If you wanted to take part in mp-discussions or see what other mp-players had to say you went to the .net not the .org for the majority of times.

I see now that some old players that left (or were banned?) the .org during that time are back here posting now though.

Allthough I had very many good times at the .net I dont think this split was very good for the community and I think perhaps it ment that the long term relations with ca and the communitis possibility to have an effect upon the development of coming totalwar titles suffered.

Kalle

tibilicus
11-17-2006, 16:46
Well what strikes me as one the most intresting and one of the absolutley most vital events in the mp-community history for totalwar was when the "very mature" old comunity had one of its biggest arguments in these forums that ended up in the creation of the 1st .net and actually, for a long time, splitting the old community. If you do some good searching you can still find those threads in the archives.

In fact it was not the arrival of RTW that caused the crisis of the mp-forum on this site. The crise and defeat was a fact a few months after the creation of the 1st .net because that is where mp-talk took place and that is where most of the best went. If you wanted to take part in mp-discussions or see what other mp-players had to say you went to the .net not the .org for the majority of times.

I see now that some old players that left (or were banned?) the .org during that time are back here posting now though.

Allthough I had very many good times at the .net I dont think this split was very good for the community and I think perhaps it ment that the long term relations with ca and the communitis possibility to have an effect upon the development of coming totalwar titles suffered.

Kalle

LOL

Alexan of the current wolves clan was telling me this long story. I wodner if the wolves are still annoyed about it..

11-17-2006, 18:42

Kalle

Yea I been doing some digging about old MP players being banned here. My First Interview, Tosa didn't want to tell me about GRey Wolves Indicent, but Puzz informed me of it.. Odd..

UglyandHasty
11-17-2006, 21:50
There's things that are better kept dug-in.

11-17-2006, 23:07
Yes, but Lost TW History is No History then :_(

After a bit of digging today, and after using my mind (stupid me), I found a Wealth of Info here at .org, that will help me get this done. I thank you all :-):-)

Kalle
11-18-2006, 00:27
Yea I been doing some digging about old MP players being banned here. My First Interview, Tosa didn't want to tell me about GRey Wolves Indicent, but Puzz informed me of it.. Odd..

It wasnt only a Grey Wolves incident and calling it that would be misleading, that is if we are talking about the same event.

Kalle

Mithrandir
11-18-2006, 01:04
Yes, and please refrain from mentioning clans or players which were banned from the Org here.

They don't have a chance to defend themselves so it wouldn't be fair.

Also, it's always people who tell their side of the story, so let go any ideas of writing an objective document.

finally : if you should start this and reach the MTW MP section, definately don't forget to mention the legendary ronin 'Glorfindel', he was famous for using camels on the battlefield & generally innovative tactics. (ok, that's enough arrogance for now :laugh4:),

11-18-2006, 04:58
I will Mith, though I will need more Information on Glorfindel, mabye you could tell me some of it :-):-)??