PDA

View Full Version : Shell commands

Tamur
11-16-2006, 19:08
My search is coming up empty, so thought I'd ask: is there a list of the shell commands for M2TW floating around anywhere? I note that many of them are the same as RTW, but am wondering if there are new/enhanced/downgraded commands I don't know about.

TIA!

Epistolary Richard
11-17-2006, 00:17
To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any additions to the console commands. I know at least one has been removed 'control'! :angry:

majesticchapel
11-17-2006, 16:35
Well they have certainly changed, I've tried some of them for you:

add_money: Works, though I couldn't get it to give money to another faction.
create_unit "City or character name": Works, units from other factions will not work for you however ( you get riderless horses for gothic knights).
process_cq:Finishes buildings you wanted to construct. Works, somewhat, it doesn't finish the ENTIRE building queue only the first building in the queue.
list_names: Doesn't work anymore.
give_trait: Will only give traits to characters with one name, create_unit and other character specific cmds still seem to work with double names.
process_rq "City name": Doesn't work.
move_character "name" x, y :Works
show_cursorstat: Works.
add_population "city name": Works

I can't get the other ones to work, I didn't try them all though...
Most notably process_cq is now only for one building, which may be a bother for modders, give_trait seems to ignore ALL names except single ones (Henry, Heinrich, Leopold, Robert) it won't work with underscores like Henry_Squirrel or "Henry Squirrel". This means you can't add traits to assassins, spies, admirals, princesses, merchants or priests since all of them ( except maybe the one you get in the beginning ) have multiple names.

Tamur
11-17-2006, 22:06
Thanks majestic, I've been trying the named character ones and having mixed success. Good to hear someone else is having trouble as well. Hopefully we'll get some better information on these relatively soon, though as usual my breath is not being held.

Myrddraal
11-20-2006, 15:32
I know at least one has been removed 'control'!

Ah...
What did I do to you CA? Why?

alpaca
11-20-2006, 16:13
Ah...
What did I do to you CA? Why?
Because you created that EVIL!!!111oneoneone, yes EVIL!!!111oneoneone, hotseat mod. That can not be allowed.
By the way it seems they also removed -ai and didn't put up a replacement

GeneralAsh
11-22-2006, 14:46
give_trait seems to ignore ALL names except single ones (Henry, Heinrich, Leopold, Robert) it won't work with underscores like Henry_Squirrel or "Henry Squirrel". This means you can't add traits to assassins, spies, admirals, princesses, merchants or priests since all of them ( except maybe the one you get in the beginning ) have multiple names.

use:
give_trait this GoodAssassin 5

etc

Will work with all names - first select, right click, the person (I always move them out of a city so they are on their own) then run the console command.

For me, it works with all my characters.

CvC
11-22-2006, 18:20
If you hit the "up" arrow key it re-displays your previous shell command. To clean out the building que you hit the "up" arrow and then return in succession until the que is empty...

majesticchapel
11-24-2006, 07:48
Yes i know that, i just thought it might be more of a bother for modders to do that instead of just clearing the whole build-queue with one command.

VAE VICTUS
01-06-2007, 05:16
how Exactly do we input the trait code?can we use it more than once?