PDA

View Full Version : Can't see games

YellowMelon
11-16-2006, 19:16
I bought my game from Direct2Drive.com and whenever I go into the lobby (which I can connect to fine) I can't see any games. Apparently some European players had the same problem from downloading the game from a similar vendor. Anyone have any ideas on this? I'm having issues posting this on the .com forums so if anyone can post it there I would be grateful

Stig
11-16-2006, 21:48
http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm59.showMessage?topicID=235.topic
are you that guy?

If you are I now atleast know what the problem is. Dunno the solution tbh, it should show games, unless as I said you have Show Joinable Only, and there happen to be no joinable.
I don't know how safe direct2drive.com is, maybe it's a problem with their game

YellowMelon
11-17-2006, 04:24
No I am not that guy, but thanks for finding a thread on it there, as I said I can't login to those forums. At least now CA should be aware of this bug.

Stig
11-17-2006, 14:26
The problem is is that you bought it from direct2drive, others who downloaded it there have similiar problems, I suggest you contact them

Wartz
11-17-2006, 18:46
I bought my copy of the game off steam, and so far I cannot see any games either. :help:

Stig
11-17-2006, 18:49
I found out what the problem is, you have the same problem as the guys who can't play with the DVD and therefore use a no-cd-crack.
My guess is that it has to do with a file on the DVD which you guys obviously now don't have, dunno how to fix it tho.

YellowMelon
11-18-2006, 09:02
Ok so I send a bug report in to direct2drive.com, hopefully they create a patch or something, seeing as though the issue is with their product and not with the DVD version.

Stig
11-18-2006, 09:21
Got some SEGA/CA news for ya, according to them it's just that players with downloaded versions can't play players with normal version. Sounds strange to me. I would still try at direct2drive, it might be that they had problems like these with other games too.

yangsta
11-18-2006, 11:31
Is this fixable in a patch? Seems extremely lame to not make it possible for players getting the game from different sources to not play with each other?

Stig
11-18-2006, 13:35
http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm62.showMessage?topicID=2.topic

From Sega:

Due to some compatibility issues with different versions of the game, some users may experience difficulties playing multiplayer games. Specifically, users with download versions of the game will temporarily not be able to play against users with DVD versions (and vice versa). Users with different language versions may also experience trouble.

SEGA and The Creative Assembly are working on this issue and will post an update as soon as it has been resolved. Until then, please know you should have no problems playing the single player campaign

Wartz
11-18-2006, 16:26
http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm62.showMessage?topicID=2.topic
Cool, hopefully they dont take too long. I'm happy with SP right now but I do want to try some MP sometime.

YellowMelon
11-18-2006, 18:39
I got this response from D2D

Hi there

Firstly, thank you for your enquiry regarding Medievil 2. There is a known developer issue with this game - users who bought the packaged version will be temporarily unable to play multiplayer against users who bought the download version, and vice-versa. Single player campaign gameplay is unaffected. SEGA and Creative Assembly are working on this issue and will post an update in the immediate future . We will post this fix as soon as it is available here on Direct2Drive for you to download. In the meantime, you may download this game and enjoy the single player campaign and multiplayer vs. others with the same version as you until the fix is released.

We apologize on behalf of SEGA and the Creative Assembly for any inconvenience you may have been caused, and thank you for your patience in this matter.

Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

So hopefully they will move fast to resolve this issue. Aside from the bugs that are listed, this is a HUGE flaw in the program when a feature is unplayable as opposed to just being a minor annoying issue.

Stig
11-18-2006, 18:48
mmmm atleast they already communicated well

It might be solved with the next patch, afaik that isn't out for about a week, so they might still have time to put this in.
Also if you install the next patch and I do too, we will theoritically have the same version and that might solve it too ... tho that's more wisefull thinking imo

yangsta
11-19-2006, 20:18
oh god... how long do we estimate to wait until next patch? I know they're pretty slow >:(

Monarch
11-19-2006, 21:16
mmmm atleast they already communicated well

It might be solved with the next patch, afaik that isn't out for about a week, so they might still have time to put this in.

Maybe, but I heard the patch is ready but they have to test it for a couple of weeks before releasing. Unsure if thats correct though.

Stig
11-19-2006, 22:08
Next patch is aimed at 10 days from now or so, but they might find new bugs which makes it longer and longer.
I think we're very save to say 10 days tho