PDA

View Full Version : [Mod/script request] - adding units to AI settlements during sieges

Jambo
11-16-2006, 20:33
Here's a request for an experienced modder/scripter in M2TW.

In M2TW a campaign script is apparently loaded each time the campaign is. Now, one of the issues I have with M2TW is that the AI leaves its cities/ castles poorly defended, which is easy for a player to exploit. This is particularly evident when the player has access to trebuchets and cannons and can assault in the same turn a siege is initiated.

So, what I want to achieve is the creation of some kind of campaign script in which a player besieging an AI settlement will trigger units to be created and added to the settlement. These would most likely consist of militia and basic archers.

Is this now a possibility in M2TW and could some experienced modder/scripter help? :help:

Thanks in advance.

J

alpaca
11-16-2006, 21:10
Well it would be possible, but I don't know if you can make effective assumptions for the strength of a player's army, so it might not be a very good system (being either too weak or too strong in most cases). And I don't like things that the AI gets for free very much.

shifty157
11-16-2006, 21:43
Well the AI is much better this time around with sending a relief force capable of defeating the attackers. As opposed to RTW where they really didnt care if you seiged their settlement and basically left the defenders to themselves.

Epistolary Richard
11-16-2006, 23:40
Lordbula did this for RTW - so yes, it'll certainly be possible in M2TW.

Jambo
11-17-2006, 00:01
Yeah, I remember Lord Bula doing that for RTW. :D Should be even more possible for M2TW given scripts are apparently loaded each time.

Does anyone know how to do it and is willing to give it a go?

repman
11-17-2006, 14:58
I'm thinking maybe to include it in my next release of Deus lo Vult 1.3 that garrison are spawned if you attack the capitals
but its alot of work...

here is help:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=71378&highlight=garrison+script+mtw

repman

Jambo
11-17-2006, 17:03
Wow, that looks like a look of hard work and is probably beyond my basic scripting skills. Am I right in that we'd have to do a script for each settlement on the map and then for each faction?? eurgh!

alpaca
11-18-2006, 12:28
Wow, that looks like a look of hard work and is probably beyond my basic scripting skills. Am I right in that we'd have to do a script for each settlement on the map and then for each faction?? eurgh!
Yes pretty much. It's more of a work for a script generator program.

Epistolary Richard
11-18-2006, 14:03
It should be made somewhat easier by the addition of the following condition which you can find in the campaign script of the Norman prologue.

monitor conditions I_SettlementUnderSiege Nottingham
end_monitor

You should be able to get away with a really basic garrison script without it being megs in size now.