PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Empire

cegorach
11-16-2006, 21:56
The official thread will be used to add more information about the faction.

For now you can post anything you find useful including ideas for faction specific buildings, events, advisors etc MILITARY UNITS EXCLUDED - that is well researched and only later we will possibly need more details.

DukeofSerbia
11-20-2006, 12:45
Starting military leaders for Spain in 1570 from EU2.

historicalleader = {
category = admiral
id = { type = 6 id = 09763 }
name = "Alvaro de Bazán"
startdate = {
year=1555
}
deathdate = {
year=1588
month=february
day=9
}
rank = 1
movement = 4
fire = 5
shock = 5
siege = 0
}
historicalleader = {
category = general
id = { type = 6 id = 09771 }
name = "Duque de Alba"
startdate = {
year=1535
}
deathdate = {
year=1582
}
rank = 1
movement = 4
fire = 4
shock = 5
siege = 0
}
historicalleader = {
id = { type = 6 id = 09773 }
category = admiral
name = "D. Juan de Austria"
startdate = {
year=1569
}
deathdate = {
year=1572
}
rank = 1
movement = 2
fire = 4
shock = 4
siege = 0
special = 1
remark = "May be general"
}
historicalleader = {
id = { type = 6 id = 09774 }
category = general
name = "Alessandro Farnese"
startdate = {
year=1570
}
deathdate = {
year=1592
}
rank = 1
movement = 3
fire = 4
shock = 6
siege = 1
}
historicalleader = {
id = { type = 6 id = 09776 }
category = admiral
name = "Recalde"
startdate = {
year=1571
}
deathdate = {
year=1588
}
rank = 3
movement = 3
fire = 2
shock = 2
siege = 0
}
historicalleader = {
category = conquistador
id = { type = 6 id = 09812 }
name = "Legazpi"
startdate = {
year=1563
}
deathdate = {
year=1572
}
rank = 2
movement = 4
fire = 3
shock = 3
siege = 0
}

Wladyslaw IV
11-27-2006, 04:29
Call them Spain, please. France wasn't called the "French Empire" when they owned half of US and Canada. Whatever happened to that I do not know... But colonial empires don't really count as real "empires", they're basically just "discovered" land- pushed into, uprooting the original people, exploiting, and settling. Well, then again that does sound like a real empire, all except the natives peoples are vitually defenseless, via disease and lack of modern warfare equipment. You have to remember, the Europeans only gave the Indians enough equipment to carry on the mission and defeat the enemy- if they were given too much they would turn on the people they had originally got it from! Might help out a bit in the Iroquois.

(transported to Iroquois) The Indians knew they were pretty much doomed, they did not like or trust any white man. They just fought on the side that temporarily promised them something in the vague hope of appeasement and co-existance.

carricanta
12-06-2006, 17:48
Maybe Wladyslaw IV, but the kingdom of Spain was sovereign over provinces in Germany, Netherlands, Italy, France...
Regards!

maskoolin
12-26-2006, 13:55
And you know that Spain was united with Austria since Carlos II was an grandson of Maximilian I. :whip:

Icefrisco
01-01-2007, 19:12
will spanish enclaves in italy,germany,and north africa be represented?

Icefrisco
01-01-2007, 19:12
will spanish enclaves in italy,germany,and north africa be represented?

SwordsMaster
01-13-2007, 20:16
I kept thinking how to best represent the extraordinary efficiency of spanish troops in the era, specially the tercio era, and came up with some ideas:

Very few spanish generals should have high loyalty.

Most spanish generals should have high piety and the kind of attributes that will incite religious turmoil in a province.

Most spanish governors should easily pick up the "Bad Taxman/Farmer" lines of vices.

Spanish tercios should begin with 2 chevrons, not just the pikemen, but also the arquebusiers and musketeers. This is only for troops produced in spanish homelands. I was even thinking of giving them something like "frightens nearby enemies" kind of ability. This might be overkill though. Although they should definitely have higher morale than their other european counterparts.

Spanish arquebusiers and musketeers must have a higher h2h ability than foreign troops of the same kind.

Spanish cavalry should always be lighter than that of the french or germans.

Artillery was despised by the spanish in the era, so I was thinking that the highest tier of cannon should be unavailable for Spain, or its price could be doubled.

To counteract this, the recruitment pools for these troops should be reduced by 1/2.

Troops of this type produced in Italy, HRE, or anywhere else should be produced with normal levels of experience and pools.

This will represent the fact that only about 1/5 of the Emperor's troops in the era were actually Iberians, feared by all of their enemies because of their cruelty and discipline, and that the bulk of the fighting forces were Dutch, German, Italian, etc.

The growth of the cities in Spain must be slower than in the rest of Europe to represent the large population migrations to the Americas, expulsions of jews, moors, and generally low population.

Also I was thinking that once the NEw World is discovered, Spain should be the only nation capable of building mines there to represent the convoys of Silver.

I'll post again if I think of anything else.

Icefrisco
01-13-2007, 23:22
the spanish should also rely on foreign troops rather then spanish troops due to spains small population. also the tercio should be one of the best infantry units in the game.

Travic
01-28-2007, 16:03
hi , this is my first post

excuse but i don't know english very good

The population of spain was not low not much less, cities as seville were counting with more of 100000 persons, something that almost no foreign city tape-worm

the 70% of army was foreign but the spanish tercios was The soul and elite of the army

Spain if I use artillery, the problem is that countries as frenchs they were doubling them
But the Spanish artillery if it was used in many battles

Spain if I use heavy cavalry and in big quantities, the problem is that they were for the most part Germans, Italian etc etc. With a small percentage of Spanish

i think that the 70% army of spain in the game must be foreign

It is necessary to bear in mind that the Spanish thirds after being recruited in españa, were going towards italia, where they were formed as soldiers and partian towards the war
Of there is the typical verse of the third
Spain, my nature, Italy my luck(fortune), Flanders my grave.

SwordsMaster
01-28-2007, 16:11
Spain had a total population of less than 9 million.

Benvenido al forum! Intenta no usar Google para traducir... Es algo ,ehm, impreciso...

Travic
01-28-2007, 16:58
sword master , perdona por escribir en español pero, la poblacion total del imperio español era 9 millones ni mucho menos

lo unico que me gustaria es que cuando me escoga españa, pueda usar lanskenetes,tercios italianos etc etc

google solo lo uso para palabras que no se y ya te digo que es muy impreciso

reitero mi perdon por haber escrito este post en español y no lo volvere ha hacer

1 problema que quiero resolver , don juan de austria no es ni mucho menos almirante , es cierto que lo fue en la batalla de lepanto, pero verdaderamente era mas de tierra que agua, como lo demuestran sus campañas en flandes

SwordsMaster
01-28-2007, 18:22
The population of Spain, in Iberia was 9 million. The population of the Empire was, of course, higher. The point is that the pool for recruitment of "spanish" native troops was very small, hence the reliance on german artillery, italian or dutch cavalry and foreign infantry.

As of Don Juan de Austria, I would personally make him a land general, but it is cegorach's call.

Travic
01-28-2007, 19:29
how goes the mod? image or anything?

Icefrisco
02-22-2007, 02:33
http://www.rootsweb.com/~wggerman/map/images/phillipiiempire.jpg
http://www.tcnj.edu/~fisk2/map25.gif
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/spanish_kingdoms_5th.jpg

empire maps

gargamel9
03-13-2007, 10:16
It would be great to have a thread that stated the current state of the mod and when (aprox) it's going to be ready.

It is something so obvious that I often wonder why modders that are able to do such amazing ans extremely complicated things (to me at least) most of the time fail to do the most simple and relevant thing. After all it's the most important thing. Release now patch latter! I say....:whip:

Ps.
Enough with the crap black legend about spain. It has been proven by multiple authors that it was something created by wanabe historians:book: to discredit spain and cover the pillage and killing the british had to do to became an empire. :skull:

SwordsMaster
03-13-2007, 15:46
It would be great to have a thread that stated the current state of the mod and when (aprox) it's going to be ready.

It is something so obvious that I often wonder why modders that are able to do such amazing ans extremely complicated things (to me at least) most of the time fail to do the most simple and relevant thing. After all it's the most important thing. Release now patch latter! I say....:whip:

Ps.
Enough with the crap black legend about spain. It has been proven by multiple authors that it was something created by wanabe historians:book: to discredit spain and cover the pillage and killing the british had to do to became an empire. :skull:

True. Specially seeing as spanish feats of arms are quite more formidable than british ones...

These threads do not exist because a mod is not something someone does full-time, and therefore impossible to estimate a date for.

How can you predict how many nights in the next year will you be too drunk to mod? Or when your kid might get sick?

Besides, most modders prefer to release it as a surprise and it relieves pressure off them to have something delivered by some particular date.

That is why those threads only appear when the mod is very much near completion.

gargamel9
03-13-2007, 16:23
Oh! Ic.
Thx man
Ps.
Never too drunk to kick selucid butt:skull: with my mighty egiptian host thou..hehehehehe

SwordsMaster
05-22-2007, 14:35
Just to be safe, the name of the faction should be Kingdom of Spain, Empire was a term widely used colloquially but never officially.