PDA

View Full Version : The Mongols and Timurids are now fully playable

Callatian
11-18-2006, 13:54
It took me some time yesterday (4PM - 4AM) to make them work and some interesting scripting - but here they are working in campaign mode. Lemme know if you have any bugs or issues. I need to know if all is perfect (in the todays MTW2 modding limits of course).

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72517

Enjoy,
Burebista / Cain

Heinrich VI
11-18-2006, 15:43
cool thank you! im almost through with my hre campaign and laying waste to the west as the mongols sounds like fun! :charge:

hellas1
11-18-2006, 17:59
Hi,

Isn't there a way to just make those factions playable without the other stuff in your mod sir?

No Disrespect meant BTW.

Hellas1- Thank you for your hard work! :2thumbsup:

Callatian
11-19-2006, 10:12
You mean without the aztecs? Yup - it can be done - maybe early next week on version 1.8 or 1.9 you will have that done as optional play mode.

hellas1
11-19-2006, 17:16
Hi Callatian,

No sir, I meant the Mongols, Timurids, Papal States and Aztecs as playable factions. :2thumbsup:

Thank you, Hellas1

Callatian
11-19-2006, 18:57
No sir, I meant the Mongols, Timurids, Papal States and Aztecs as playable factions.

But they really are playable.

Do you prefer them separated - one at a time - or all present at the start of the campaign. But I strongly believe that because I give 1-2 units to France and the Byzantines and help the rebels resist one more siege in 2-3 provinces - I didn't unbalanced the game. Plus if you are playing any of the new factions you are so far away that you will not notice any difference.

hellenes
11-19-2006, 22:49
But they really are playable.

Do you prefer them separated - one at a time - or all present at the start of the campaign. But I strongly believe that because I give 1-2 units to France and the Byzantines and help the rebels resist one more siege in 2-3 provinces - I didn't unbalanced the game. Plus if you are playing any of the new factions you are so far away that you will not notice any difference.

Can you make the mongols playable when they spawn? Like the original Mongols? The way the mod for BI made spawning factions playabale?

Callatian
11-19-2006, 23:33
Can you make the mongols playable when they spawn? Like the original Mongols? The way the mod for BI made spawning factions playabale?

Yes - but it is a lot of work just updateing the world to maych their invasion armies power ;)

Epistolary Richard
11-20-2006, 00:36
Actually, I'm pretty sure you can't make the Mongols and Timurids spawn like the BI mod. What you can do, and what I think Callatian is suggesting, is change the campaign map so that it starts at a later date and have the M & T playable from the beginning.

I am happy to be proved wrong that the same technique used in my All Factions mod for BI can be used for M2TW because it was the first thing I tried.

Callatian
11-21-2006, 04:53
Actually, I'm pretty sure you can't make the Mongols and Timurids spawn like the BI mod. What you can do, and what I think Callatian is suggesting, is change the campaign map so that it starts at a later date and have the M & T playable from the beginning.

I am happy to be proved wrong that the same technique used in my All Factions mod for BI can be used for M2TW because it was the first thing I tried.

Indeed - that will be the most useful solution - I mean there is no other way with gameplay sense to spawn those huge Mongol armies from the start - when the Europe is not ready. And to make it ready you need to change the buildings and the troops in every city.

Btw http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69213&page=2 - the Invasion message arrives on time but it fails to activate the spawning of the armies because the Mongols are already on the map so the old script does not work with the new situation. Still I assume that it will not be difficult to link that simple scripted message with the spawning of some troops on the map at a certain turn. I personally will prefer if possible a helping hand with better scripting skills than mine.

I’d will take me too many hours to find the answer my self ... just to give the Mongols more Mongol armies while they already don't have any upkeep and dominate that area. I see no use in that for the moment - the map will be also needing updating.

I did find the best way to test scripting spawning :idea2:

hellenes
11-21-2006, 18:26

No What I meant was can they be made PLAYABLE as they spawn? Like a hotseat faction changing thing?

Callatian
11-22-2006, 20:19

Actually I can spawn them mate even if I play as them - pretty easy stuff - but it will blow your mind if you will see what crazy workaround I found this time.

Damn I hate my self - I should have worked for CA and not AE (Arab writing).

Epistolary Richard
11-22-2006, 21:53
Unless you're using the control command then you're not using the method used in my BI mod - which is all that I was saying.

Spawning armies is not difficult, neither is starting the game with a horde faction. Playing as a faction which does not start off on the campaign map is what I found I couldn't do with M2 which I had done with BI.

alpaca
11-22-2006, 21:55
Actually I can spawn them mate even if I play as them - pretty easy stuff - but it will blow your mind if you will see what crazy workaround I found this time.

Damn I hate my self - I should have worked for CA and not AE (Arab writing).
Well would you mind telling us your oh-so-great workaround :P

Callatian
11-22-2006, 23:40
Unless you're using the control command then you're not using the method used in my BI mod - which is all that I was saying.

Spawning armies is not difficult, neither is starting the game with a horde faction. Playing as a faction which does not start off on the campaign map is what I found I couldn't do with M2 which I had done with BI.

Yes - the answer is around your reply. I did found one bug though :( if I script the aztecs to unfreeze if the human player is in control - the invasions don't come - damn.

Callatian
11-23-2006, 01:12
Well would you mind telling us your oh-so-great workaround :P

Not to forget - here you go:

faction timurids
dead_until_resurrected
faction timurids, balanced henry
ai_label default
denari 2500
denari_kings_purse 300

As I said - quite a simple solution.

Lord Condormanius
11-27-2006, 06:12
Hi Callatian,

No sir, I meant the Mongols, Timurids, Papal States and Aztecs as playable factions. :2thumbsup:

Thank you, Hellas1

Can you just go into the descr_strat file and move them from non-playble to playable?

Callatian
11-28-2006, 10:04
Can you just go into the descr_strat file and move them from non-playble to playable?

Nope - try it and see for your slef ;) you will get a lot of CTDs or freezes etc. CA never intended them to be playable so that factions had a lot of missing parts.

Btw alpaca I managed to fix the mongols without the need for that workaround.

Sun of Chersonesos
11-28-2006, 22:48
Greetings Callatian,

I used your mod to play all factions and i found a problem.

The year starts later than usual and the aztecs are already dead when i start. This is the old part of the mod, then i tried modding so i was the aztecs, quite feeble coz all i did ws change aztecs to playable in descr strat, then i found out they died straight away so i change it back, each time i start another campaign a message instantly pops up saying the aztecs r dead.

Sun

PS: I imagine it would be quite diffficult being the papal states, will we be able to control the papal affairs and who gets excommunicated and whatnot when u finish making papal states valid for playing?

Sky
11-30-2006, 05:10
I'm playing as Papal States right now, feels decent enough, except that the Pope acts like a General :dizzy2: factions automatically get excommunicated if they attack you or you attack them (declare war), and you can offer them reconcilation if you use your diplomat on them. HRE attacked Sicily which was an ally of mine in the beginning of the game, and got excommunicated, I offered them reconcilation in exchange for Innsburgh and they accepted graciously, so that's pretty cool.

Slight peeve, almost impossible to start a crusade, the Pope always rejects. He did start one himself though. I'm now waiting until he dies, and I'll try to get my cardinal to become Pope, maybe I will have more control over crusades.

VAE VICTUS
01-26-2007, 22:40
anyone mind messaging with a layman's version of how to play as the mongols and timurids?

Warwolf
03-03-2011, 12:55
Hi, I've started playing this mod as the Timurids - really great.

I have two questions

1)is there a way I can change the script to delay or stop the mongol invasion?

2)is there a way I can change the script to allow the creation of Imams?

Cheers.

Callatian
03-03-2011, 13:28
Wow - 2006 early game project. Yes you can delay them, do what you want to them. As for Imams, I can't remember but I think someone did it.

Warwolf
03-03-2011, 14:37
Wow - 2006 early game project. Yes you can delay them, do what you want to them. As for Imams, I can't remember but I think someone did it.

Yes, I just noticed the date - sorry for waking a dinosaur but love this mod!

How can you delay them and are they still delayable even when the warning message has been recieved? I'm a newb to scripting - could you tell me what to edit please? and possibly the imams too? because they are not creatable - assuming a mosque is all that is need to create them right? I have just stated playing this game only because i read about this mod.

Thank again!!

druzhina
12-19-2011, 05:16
Here are some contemporary paintings of Timurid costume and soldiers (http://warfare.ml/Persia/Timurid/Timurid_Soldiers.htm) that may be of interest.

mirror site
Contemporary paintings of Timurid costume and soldiers (http://warfare.ga/Persia/Timurid/Timurid_Soldiers.htm)

druzhina
Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers (http:/warfare.ml/index)