PDA

View Full Version : Modding unit size?

GeWee
11-22-2006, 09:12
Once the unpacker arrives, is there any chance it will be possible to change the unit size so it's at least the same as in Rome? I started up Rome yesterday after a week of playing MTW2 and was awed by how much more epic the battles feel. I guess graphics can only keep your mind off the essential things for so long...

Lentonius
11-26-2006, 19:00
probably, if the unit text files are similar to Rome's. But remember, with M2TW being graphically far more intense than Rome, if it isnt hardcoded, only the best pcs out there could perform adequately with any battle on a large scale. I think CA have got the unit sizes just about right IMO for most users, but looking at it there may be a possibility that unit sizes will not be able to exceed the current level, as in the preferances file, a size of 'large' or 'huge' may not allow any more than the game uses.
Lentonius

Agapeus
11-26-2006, 21:21
Strange because i did play M2TW with units of 112 spearmen, 90 swordsmen & i think 60 cav yesterday evening (is something to do with the game option before u start a campaign iirc - but it kind of squeezed my pc thus i just went back in option & did "restore defaults":boxing:

ahem "unit size" refers to unit in numbers or in scale ? me = :wall:

Lentonius
11-26-2006, 21:27
ahem "unit size" refers to unit in numbers or in scale ? me = :wall:

Im not entirely sure what you mean, sorry, but i think it is scale- in the demo you could put in a value for unit size, and this could be very small or quite large I think. However, they have removed this option in the full version, and now there is only 'small', 'normal', 'large' or 'huge', i think. So then the question is, can you get larger or smaller units than the scale says by editing the units' info, or is it now going to be impossible to get huge or minute unit sizes?

Lentonius

Agapeus
11-26-2006, 21:50
So then the question is, can you get larger or smaller units than the scale says by editing the units' info, or is it now going to be impossible to get huge or minute unit sizes?
no clue m8 , never been interested in this - my PC is sweating enough already :(