PDA

View Full Version : No Marian Reform ?

geggiomax
11-22-2006, 16:26
i've arrived at 82 BC with roman faction, EB Version 0.74, but i haven't found any trace of marian reform....:dizzy2: is it possible????:no:

Foot
11-22-2006, 16:31
Have you been running the background script at all times? Seening as you have got to 82 BC I am guessing "no". To run the background script, whenever you load a savegame, you must click on one of your settlements, the advisor will pop-up, click on the "show me how" button and the script will run.

Foot

geggiomax
11-22-2006, 16:35
thanks for your answer....but ...what is a background script???:dizzy2:

geggiomax
11-22-2006, 16:52
thanks for your answer....but ...what is a background script???:dizzy2:
i've tried....i've clicked on one of my settlement ( castra armamentariumque), i've seen the advisor and i've tried to click on the button show me how....but it is inactivated....:embarassed:

Watchman
11-23-2006, 22:37
So long as you click on the "show me how" thingy it activates. If you want to make sure, click on the advisor's mug to make it go away (it doesn't always bother after the script's been activated) and click on a settlement again - if the advisor prompt doesn't turn up, the script is active.

'Course, after you've played some two-three hundred turns without it I doubt if it'll do much good anymore.

Cheexsta
11-24-2006, 10:10
i've tried....i've clicked on one of my settlement ( castra armamentariumque), i've seen the advisor and i've tried to click on the button show me how....but it is inactivated....:embarassed:
When you click on a settlement, you then need to click on the advisor's face. A speech bubble will appear with them saying something about "EB Script Activation". That's when you click the Show Me How button.

The date will probably also jump back 40 years or so, since the 4tpy script hasn't been activated for a while.

geggiomax
11-26-2006, 11:30
When you click on a settlement, you then need to click on the advisor's face. A speech bubble will appear with them saying something about "EB Script Activation". That's when you click the Show Me How button.

The date will probably also jump back 40 years or so, since the 4tpy script hasn't been activated for a while.

Thx a lot !!!:yes: i've never activated the script before....:oops: and i had arrived at 92 BC...when i 've activated it, the timer of the game has come back to 180 BC and I've foun new types of roman units (new kinds of triari, hastati, princeps and cataputae)...

Chuffy
11-27-2006, 11:43
Thx a lot !!!:yes: i've never activated the script before....

...even though the background script is like...one of the main features (actually, it is THE main feature) of EB?

D:

Teleklos Archelaou
11-27-2006, 15:56
I'm pleasantly surprised you had played to 82 bce and enjoyed it that far without using any background script. :grin: I would have thought too many problems would have occurred.

If you start a new campaign with the script, you will find it much more interesting I think.