PDA

View Full Version : New Mafia Game: Rise of the Mob [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Csargo
11-22-2006, 21:12
Alright everyone since Ignoramus's game seems to be dead I've decided to start my game. The rules are pretty much the same as in GH's games

Two mafiosi, one Detective, and a Doctor. The mafia can kill two people per round, and when one is dead then the remaining gets to kill two a round.

You can vote for a person with any reason you like. Be aware though, that a dumb reason will cast suspicion on you. Voting "abstain" is allowed, however "no lynch" is NOT.

Speculation from the dead is allowed. You just can't vote however.

When you vote, it must be done like this:

Vote: Csar

If you wish to change your vote, a separate post must be made and you must post like this:

Unvote: Csar

Vote: Sasaki

Forwarded PMs can be used to help out your case, however, screenshots can not (new rule).

Wrath of God will be used, but there won't be a strict rule on using it. Basically, if I don't think you're active enough, you're gone.

Kills will not be in the original form; I will edit them to make them more coherent unless the mafioso prefers that they remain in the original form.

From a role-playing perspective, none of the other games happened. Please try to start fresh, it makes it more fun for everyone.

Basic Rules
The game takes place in the kingdom (village?) of Peace and Love, the Frontroom. Everyone participating is a villager, but two of them are secretly working for the mafia. It is the mafia's goal to kill everyone in the town aside from themselves.

However, the villagers aren't powerless against this threat. They can democratically execute one person every time people are killed. Also, there is a Detective secretly working to expose the mafia. The mafia should be incredibly wary of this person, as he can (and has) singlehandedly ruin the game for the mafia.

Each member of the mafia PMs me after every execution, with the name of the user they want to kill, along with the method of how they are killed. At the same time, the Detective PMs me with the name of a user they wish to "investigate." I tell the Detective whether that person is innocent or not.

After the kills have been posted, the villagers vote for who they think is guilty. After 24 hours (give or take) the person with the most votes is executed.

Be careful, for if you don't vote then certain divine powers shall remove you from the game.

And no I didnt steal these rules from GH's game.:mean:

Alright people sign-ups will close in a couple of days probably Monday.

Sign-ups:

Seamus Fermanagh
GeneralHankerchief
UltraWar
Sasaki "Sure to be a mafioso" Kojiro
Husar "I'm not gonna join unless Sparta joins" LIAR
Sir Moody
Prole
Sigurd"Sure to be the Imaginary GodFather Role that has no point to it" Fafnesbane
TheRTWGuru"I'm the detective lynch me now please I AM THE DETECTIVEEEEEEE!!!"
Dutch_Guy
Silver Rusher
Ignoramus
Reenk "I can't think of anyway to make fun of his abstaining courteously" Roink
Hep "please don't kill me first"cat
Warluster
Peasant Phill
Masy
Kommodus
Jimbob
Kagemusha
Discovery1
Don Corleone
Xiahou

Seamus Fermanagh
11-22-2006, 21:15
I'll join.

Note: I think you should extend signups til Monday both to give Hanky a chance to push forward a notch and to drum up business you'll miss posting at 3pm on the Weds before Turkey-day.

GeneralHankerchief
11-22-2006, 21:42
In.

:medievalcheers:

Csargo
11-22-2006, 21:55
Alright that's two people now we got ourselves a game. :P

UltraWar
11-22-2006, 22:16
I'm in as well

Sasaki Kojiro
11-22-2006, 23:12
in

(stupid min character requirement)

Husar
11-22-2006, 23:22
I will participate.:bow:

Sir Moody
11-22-2006, 23:33
sign me up i mite last more than a couple of rounds this time :sweatdrop:

Csargo
11-22-2006, 23:33
Sasaki how can I get my PM Inbox to be increased in size so that I can add some more roles to my game?

Proletariat
11-22-2006, 23:56
innnnnnnnnn

Sigurd
11-22-2006, 23:58
I am in... (remember your promise Csar)

Death Match
11-23-2006, 07:59
I am in

"the - RTW - Guru"

Dutch_guy
11-23-2006, 16:29
Yeah, why not.

:balloon2:

Silver Rusher
11-23-2006, 22:37
Signed.

Ignoramus
11-24-2006, 02:42
I'll join.

Csargo
11-24-2006, 22:46
Sign-up Dangit. I need more people to play.

Reenk Roink
11-25-2006, 00:58
Sign me up! I need to do more than abstain, courteously. :laugh4:

Hepcat
11-25-2006, 09:05
I'll join
let's hope I last longer in the game.

Warluster
11-25-2006, 09:07
I'll play

Csargo
11-25-2006, 09:07
I'm adding a Doctor to the list of Roles.

Peasant Phill
11-25-2006, 10:15
I'm in. (brings a tommy gun and some tiger traps)

Masy
11-25-2006, 19:09
Me too please.

Kommodus
11-25-2006, 22:08
Logging in for a few minutes from vacation. Since Age of Darkness went nowhere, go ahead and sign me up!

JimBob
11-26-2006, 04:10
I'm in

Csargo
11-26-2006, 04:57
I'm in

First timer eh? Have fun I'm glad you joined.:beam:

Csargo
11-26-2006, 10:08
Sasaki can you put (sign-ups) in the title until Monday afternoon.

Thanks

Kagemusha
11-26-2006, 23:19
Im in.:2thumbsup:

discovery1
11-27-2006, 04:52
I want in on this party.

Csargo
11-27-2006, 06:48
Alright sign-ups will close at 2 o'clock US Central Time. So if anyone want's to join they have around 14 hours.

Csargo
11-27-2006, 14:34
Around 6 1/2 hours til sign-ups close.

Seamus Fermanagh
11-27-2006, 16:30
Csar:

Put up a list of the participants would you kind sir?

Don Corleone
11-27-2006, 16:56
I would like to participate.

Xiahou
11-27-2006, 18:12
Ye Olde Inn

Csargo
11-27-2006, 20:37
Csar:

Put up a list of the participants would you kind sir?

I did it's on the first page Seamus.

Csargo
11-27-2006, 21:00
Alright Sign-ups are officially closed. PMs will be sent shortly.

Seamus Fermanagh
GeneralHankerchief
UltraWar
Sasaki Kojiro
Husar
Sir Moody
Prole
Sigurd Fafnesbane
TheRTWGuru
Dutch_Guy
Silver Rusher
Ignoramus
Reenk Roink
Hepcat
Warluster
Peasant Phill
Masy
Kommodus
Jimbob
Kagemusha
Discovery1
Don Corleone
Xiahou

Csargo
11-28-2006, 11:10
Today was a quiet and uneventful day in the Gameroom. Kommodus came home from work tired and all he cared about was taking a shower, eating his supper, and going to bed.

Since the shower was running Kommodus didn’t notice that someone had broken into his house. The intruder entered Kommodus’s bathroom and slipped a grenade into the bathtub. Before he could throw it out of the bathtub the grenade exploded and left Kommodus in many little pieces.

…….

Later that day Ignoramus was at his house cooking his supper. Ignoramus was really looking forward to his supper because he hadn’t eaten anything all day. But sometime during the day a strange figure had switched Ignoramus’s cell phone with one exactly the same when Ignoramus wasn’t paying attention.

Ignoramus’s phone rang while he was eating his supper. He didn’t even notice that this number was one he had never seen before. He answered his phone

Ignoramus: Hello

Mafioso: Hello Ignoramus, I’m sure you haven’t noticed this but I switched out your cell phone with one exactly the same.

Ignoramus: Who is this and why did you switch my phone out?

Mafioso: Well I guess I can tell but you probably won’t like……

Just then the cell phone exploded in Ignoramus’s face. The scene was pretty bad and not many could stomach the carnage.

……….

Later that day Csar the Chief of Police spoke. Today there have been two gruesome murders in our peaceful town. We have reason to believe that the Mafia was involved. I have sent out a Detective to investigate the villagers of this town. I will not disclose this persons name for his own safety.

Until then I think we should try to root out these invaders by a democratic vote. You will all be able to vote for anyone you think is guilty and at the end I will tally the votes and the person with the most votes will be executed by whatever method I find suitable.

Now get voting.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-28-2006, 11:47
Vote:Csar

Ignoramus
11-28-2006, 11:54
Thank you mafia. I am going away next week and I am glad that I didn't have to commit suicide.

Kagemusha
11-28-2006, 12:00
Vote Proletariat.Mi Lady, why did you have to join the dark side?

Peasant Phill
11-28-2006, 14:00
The mafia immediately killed two members with a long history in mafia games. This is nothing out of the ordinary, but it lets me believe that we should look for 'oldtimers' (members that already participated a few times). So for now we can disregard Jimbob and probably TheRTWGuru.

But other than that I have no clues to go on and will postpone my vote until more villagers have posted their commentary

Seamus Fermanagh
11-28-2006, 14:03
I'll vote with Sasaki for now, but I guess I'll have to change it later.:laugh4:

Sir Moody
11-28-2006, 14:15
as always im going to Vote Abstain until someone can persuade me in one way or another

Kommodus
11-28-2006, 15:08
Gah, I'm dead! I have this to say about you silly mafiosi:

You churlish elf-skinned canker-blossoms!
You gorbellied hedge-born miscreants!
You paunchy dog-hearted boar-pigs!

:furious3:

Ok, I'm done. If I ever get back to work on my other method, I'll suss you out yet... but fortunately for you, there's just so much M2TW to play! :yes:

Have a nice day!

Sasaki Kojiro
11-28-2006, 17:05
I'll vote with Sasaki for now, but I guess I'll have to change it later.:laugh4:

Vote:Seamus

Peasant Phill
11-28-2006, 17:16
people,
Instead of throwing wild accusations, lets give a valid reason for a vote. Our only chance of lynching the right person this early is with sheer luck or when we get a good debate going.

Peasant Phill
11-28-2006, 17:16
sorry, double post

Sasaki Kojiro
11-28-2006, 18:05
people,
Instead of throwing wild accusations, lets give a valid reason for a vote. Our only chance of lynching the right person this early is with sheer luck or when we get a good debate going.

Unvote,
Vote:Peasant Phill

I've never seen you post this much.

UltraWar
11-28-2006, 18:17
Vote: Masy

This is a intresting double assassination by the mafia which leads me to think there could be something hidden cunningly inside the murders. I will vote for Masy as he seems to be the type of person who would be clever enough to switch a phone with a false one and get away with it, or maybe hide a grenade under his headgear.

Csargo
11-28-2006, 21:05

Better watch out I can kill you off.:beam:

GeneralHankerchief
11-28-2006, 21:18
Actually, Sasaki's reasoning does make sense. But it's not enough to garner a vote from me.

Look at the kills. Both of them are pretty short and not that well-written. Unless this is a ruse by the mafia (and going by experience, I can't help but writing an elaborate kill), this leaves out a couple of people. Silver Rusher, Don Corleone (he won the Writing Contest), and Masy come to mind.

Sasaki has stated on numerous occasions that he's no writer, but he wouldn't prove Kommodus innocent this early, unless he was taking a huge risk. I think a newbie killed Kommodus, and a fairly experienced player killed Iggy.

Vote: Jimbob

Welcome to the game, my friend. :bow:

Masy
11-28-2006, 21:19

This is a intresting double assassination by the mafia which leads me to think there could be something hidden cunningly inside the murders. I will vote for Masy as he seems to be the type of person who would be clever enough to switch a phone with a false one and get away with it, or maybe hide a grenade under his headgear.

Indeed.:inquisitive:

Vote: Abstain for now, though needless to say I am suspicious of this post. However, my instinct tells me you are joking around, and thus I will see how the next round develops.

-edit-

Look at the kills. Both of them are pretty short and not that well-written. I come to mind? Are you mocking my eloquence? Now two people have immediately accused me on the basis of the kill post. This is suspicious as it is unprecedented...

-double edit-
oh wait, are you saying I am ruled out, or am I suspicious? Clarify please.

Csargo
11-28-2006, 21:24
Actually, Sasaki's reasoning does make sense. But it's not enough to garner a vote from me.

Look at the kills. Both of them are pretty short and not that well-written. Unless this is a ruse by the mafia (and going by experience, I can't help but writing an elaborate kill), this leaves out a couple of people. Silver Rusher, Don Corleone (he won the Writing Contest), and Masy come to mind.

Sasaki has stated on numerous occasions that he's no writer, but he wouldn't prove Kommodus innocent this early, unless he was taking a huge risk. I think a newbie killed Kommodus, and a fairly experienced player killed Iggy.

Welcome to the game, my friend. :bow:

That is me:bigcry: The only thing the mafia did was choose the person and way to kill them I did the rest.

Thanks for the insult though.:bigcry:

GeneralHankerchief
11-28-2006, 21:28
Masy: IIRC, your submitted kills in Mafia IV were rather good. I wasn't mocking you, I was ruling you out.

Csar: :laugh4: Sorry, bud. Didn't know.

In the meantime, since my logic is shot:

Unvote: Jimbob
Vote: Abstain

EDIT: Never mind. My vote wasn't based on kill style, it was based on the death of Kommodus.

Unvote: Abstain

Sasaki Kojiro
11-28-2006, 21:28
I'd figured from the kills that they were written by Csar...because...of...how good they were!

Masy
11-28-2006, 21:31
Masy: IIRC, your submitted kills in Mafia IV were rather good. I wasn't mocking you, I was ruling you out.

Righto. :2thumbsup:

However, this leaves me with Ultrawar as a sole aggressor...

Why me Ultrawar? I haven't posted anything. My heinous fault is that "I seem to be the type of person who would be clever enough to switch a phone with a false one and get away with it"

Vote: Ultrawar. I think you know why.

Csargo
11-28-2006, 21:43

Csar: :laugh4: Sorry, bud. Didn't know.

In the meantime, since my logic is shot:

Unvote: Jimbob

EDIT: Never mind. My vote wasn't based on kill style, it was based on the death of Kommodus.

I'd figured from the kills that they were written by Csar...because...of...how good they were!

Ahhh thanks guys that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. To know I have such nice people playing my game. In my own defense I was tired ummm no uh maybe I'll get better oh man.

Hopefully I'll get better as it goes on. I'm not used to writing stuff so hopefully with time I'll get better.:wall:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-28-2006, 21:44
Hey at least you try.

Unlike someone else I know...

Csargo
11-28-2006, 21:47
Hey at least you try.

Unlike someone else I know...

I wonder who that is. :beam:

Reenk Roink
11-28-2006, 22:35
Vote: Sir Moody...

You are acting strangely like me.

Sir Moody
11-28-2006, 22:44
my first legitimate vote for me in a mafia game :2thumbsup: makes a change from been killed within a few rounds by the mafia...

but of course if im going to act like you reenk ill have to retaliate :book:

unvote : abstain

Vote : Reenk Roink

Seamus Fermanagh
11-28-2006, 22:50
Vote: Abstain (subject to change)

Too many suspects, too little sense of "rightness" to the charges -- though Hankerchief is putting up better marks.

Don Corleone
11-28-2006, 23:09
People that cast wide dispersions of suspicion this early in the game almost always are trying to muddy waters. That being said, I'm going to resist the temptation to vote Sasaki. In looking for something else to latch onto, we've had a couple instances of band-wagoning and a couple "I'm going to post so I show up in the tallies, but I'm not going to post anything legitimate". I've got my eye on several of you. I find it odd that General Hank would put it out there that nailing Kommodus would automatically mean a newbie mafia.... yes Kommodus is an experienced player, but Kagemusha and Sasaki would be even more obvious choices using that logic. It's almost like General Hank WANTS us to believe the mafia are newbies.....To that end...

Vote: General Hankerchief

Reenk Roink
11-28-2006, 23:22
but of course if im going to act like you reenk ill have to retaliate :book:

unvote : abstain

Vote : Reenk Roink

You have learned the craft well. :grin:

Hepcat
11-28-2006, 23:34
Hmmm, after the last game I think I will Vote: Abstain until there is something substantial against someone.

JimBob
11-28-2006, 23:41
I'm looking at Peasant Phil and GeneralHankerchief. I think Hankercief is the most likely of the two because, well Don said it already

Vote: GeneralHankerchief

Don Corleone
11-28-2006, 23:47
As I mentioned in the other mafia thread, my home PC is currently down (man do power supplies stink when they go!) I'm going to try to hit CompUSA on the way home and install it tonight, but I may be offline for the next 14 hours (until I return to work). Please be patient with my lack of reply until then.

GeneralHankerchief
11-29-2006, 00:22
Aw, come on Don (if you even see this). If I wanted to manipulate people like that I would have used the chat, like I did numerous times in Godfather 2.

There is the possibility that it's *NOT* a double-bluff, you know.

Husar
11-29-2006, 02:16
I'm not going to quote all his posts but Sasaki really made m laugh a lot this time...:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

Besides this making him highly, erm, suspicious, I am inclined to believe Don since GH is voting in weird ways.

GeneralHankerchief
11-29-2006, 02:33
Come on, people. I'm not this bad of a player! The two times where I was a mafioso resulted in a total victory and a close loss that was damn near a win. If I was a mafioso I wouldn't be posting this little analysis that I *thought* would be helpful in the first round! Sheesh. I'd be abstaining.

Fight the bandwagon, people. You're killing an innocent here.

Ignoramus
11-29-2006, 03:10
Look, there are two options.

1.) The mafia really are newbies, and have not bothered to write the kills.

2.) The mafia are experienced old-timers and are deliberately trying to frame the newbies.

Personally, I believe option 1. Has anyone noticed that theRTWguru has not posted after the kills yet? He is always one with enthusiasm and regularly posts. Secondly, he has a grudge against me, for my mocking his statement that he was the detective in Mafia V.

I would go for theRTWguru.

Csargo
11-29-2006, 06:18
15 hours until voting closes.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-29-2006, 06:47
Why on earth are we lynching GeneralH?

Unvote, Vote: Reenk Roink

Tie it up GH.

Xiahou
11-29-2006, 07:19
Thought I should at least chime in, even if I don't have much to add. What's up with Kage's early vote for prole? Was that just a shot in the dark or based on something?

Peasant Phill
11-29-2006, 09:33
Unvote,
Vote:Peasant Phill

I've never seen you post this much.

that's true but come on you accuse me for posting 1 post more than my usual habit?

I'm looking at Peasant Phil and GeneralHankerchief. I think Hankercief is the most likely of the two because, well Don said it already

Hmm, strange. I've just cleared you and then you accuse me of being a mafiosi. All this because Sasaki said that I don't post a lot? Or is there another reason?

Look, there are two options.

1.) The mafia really are newbies, and have not bothered to write the kills.

2.) The mafia are experienced old-timers and are deliberately trying to frame the newbies.

Personally, I believe option 1. Has anyone noticed that theRTWguru has not posted after the kills yet? He is always one with enthusiasm and regularly posts. Secondly, he has a grudge against me, for my mocking his statement that he was the detective in Mafia V.

I would go for theRTWguru.

Vote abstain
Why?
Well it's a tough nut to crack and I haven't made my mind up yet. If it were Sasaki or Csar that were killed for example it would no doubt be the work of newbies. You just don't kill off people that attrack attention that easily. Instead they killed Ignoramus and Kommodus, people who have the skills and don't get lynched a lot. Is the mafia hoping that their attention to this game will fade and thus removing two good detectives (not the game role) for no apparent cost? If you believe this, then you definatly should be looking at veteran players like General Hanky but there are enough others to pull of a thing like that.
After what Ignoramus said, I'm also suspicous about TheRTWGuru. But you can't judge after one round about post behavior.

Sigurd
11-29-2006, 09:47

I am inclined to think that you are pointing out the finesse of your own kill here...

vote:UltraWar

Husar
11-29-2006, 13:35
Unvote: General Hankerchief

Must refrain from voting when too drunk to think.:sweatdrop:

Anyway, I need to reanalyze this game, I somehow cannot remember much of what was posted here, and since I don't feel like it now, I will abstain this round.~:cheers:

Sir Moody
11-29-2006, 16:36
well we just hit a dead end in our daily coding grind (you think programming is fun? try doing it for a living :idea2:) at work so i have asome free time heres a status update as my count makes it (just count not who voted for who)

Proletariat = 1
Masy = 1
Jimbob = 1
Ultrawar = 2
Sir Moody = 1
Reenk = 2
GH = 2

so we have a three way tie

Sasaki Kojiro
11-29-2006, 17:00
Unvote, Vote:Ultrawar

I don't like ties.

Seamus Fermanagh
11-29-2006, 17:51
Killing Kommodus and Ignoramus is a pretty good move.

While excellent and experienced players, both tend to post/interact less frequently in mafia threads where they have been killed (as do most of us). This means that murdering them early is a valid tool for reducing interaction. As Sasaki's premilinary research suggests, mafia success and low post count/minimalized discussions tend to cohere. Sasaki is the exception in that his death is likely to increase his involvement (if anything), so murdering him early doesn't pay off with a big dividend.

To me, this suggests that at least one of the mafiosi is both experienced and aware of the level of interaction issues vis-a-vis mafia success.

Unlike Sasaki, however, I find ties useful in the 1st/2nd round as they increase the number of votes and comments for analysis. I will, therefore

to create such a tie. GH can break it if he wishes, or someone else may step in, but I am not adverse to leaving it a tie. Note, I'm slightly more likely to vote for Ultrawar's death in the tie-breaker (should one occur) since GH's posts read "true" for me so far.

Kagemusha
11-29-2006, 19:27
Prole is mafia, this time so boring that you wont answer to my simple question? Or is should i assume that you are quilty?:inquisitive:

Masy
11-29-2006, 20:02
Well, I recommend a Vote: Ultrawar from all, because his post is blatantly ludicrous and more than quite suspicious. He doesn't question my posting, what I've written, or who I've voted for, but rather suggests that I am the type of person to commit these kills. Firstly, basing a vote on something that has nothing to do with a chaps posting (I had not made a significant post up until then, other than asking to join the game) is odd enough, but what's more he bases it on my character, a tenuous assault at best (as far as I recall, I've never met Ultrawar, and I don't believe in Clairvoyance or Psychics). Even if he's basing votes on other games, that's still a weak attack (and something frowned upon I should hope). On the other hand, he could be joking around (bad enough in itself :beam: ), and will change his vote, but we've heard nothing from him since...

Csargo
11-29-2006, 21:03
Voting closed.

Csargo
11-29-2006, 21:25
The Chief of Police Csar finally came back after tallying all the votes. It seems we have a tie people. There will be a revote but you can only vote for GH or Ultra War. The voting shall be closed in 24 hours. GET VOTING.

Seamus Fermanagh-GH

GeneralHankerchief-Jimbob

UltraWar-Masy

Sasaki Kojiro-UW

Husar-Abstain

Sir Moody-RR

Prole-Didn't bother

Sigurd Fafnesbane-UW

TheRTWGuru-Didn't bother

Dutch_Guy-Didn't bother

Silver Rusher-Didn't bother

Reenk Roink-Sir Moody

Hepcat-Abstain

Warluster-Didn't bother

Peasant Phill-Abstain

Masy-Ultra War

Jimbob-GH

Kagemusha-Prole

Discovery1-Didn't bother

Don Corleone-GH

Xiahou-Didn't bother

GeneralHankerchief
11-29-2006, 21:31
Vote: UltraWar

You may or may not be in the mafia. But I know that I'm not in the mafia. Better we have some chance of offing a mafioso than no chance.

UltraWar
11-29-2006, 22:02

Who else can I vote for? I know what consequences my execution will have so I might vote myself and I can't wait what your faces will look like when you've just noticed you've wasted a perfectly good lynch because of my accusations at Masy. I might be wrong about Masy, yet I might be right. It just depends on how in-depth you go. I am prepared if I am lynched as it means yet another of the various fates I have faced in the Mafia Games.

Goodnight Gracie

Sigurd
11-29-2006, 23:18

Who else can I vote for? I know what consequences my execution will have so I might vote myself and I can't wait what your faces will look like when you've just noticed you've wasted a perfectly good lynch because of my accusations at Masy. I might be wrong about Masy, yet I might be right. It just depends on how in-depth you go. I am prepared if I am lynched as it means yet another of the various fates I have faced in the Mafia Games.

Goodnight Gracie

If you are the detective and have found Masy guilty, this is the time to speak up.

For now I see no reason to change my initial vote.
Vote:UltraWar

JimBob
11-30-2006, 00:54
Vote: GeneralH

Peasant Phil. You were too reasonable.

Sir Moody
11-30-2006, 01:14
i really dont know who to vote for i find masys "last minute" vote to tie it suspicous but i dont know why he decided to make us chose between Ultra and GH

because of this ill Vote: GeneralHankerchief but i really dont think either are mafia

GeneralHankerchief
11-30-2006, 01:21
i really dont know who to vote for i find masys "last minute" vote to tie it suspicous but i dont know why he decided to make us chose between Ultra and GH

Um, that wasn't a last minute vote. He had voted for Ultra much earlier.

Proletariat
11-30-2006, 01:48
Prole is mafia, this time so boring that you wont answer to my simple question? Or is should i assume that you are quilty?:inquisitive:

The first time you accused me of being mafia it was within minutes of the game starting and I just thought you were joking. Anyway, not mafia once again, and although I doubt either are mafia, I'll go with voteing: ultrawar since it seems silly to lynch GH with what we know so far

Sir Moody
11-30-2006, 02:09
Um, that wasn't a last minute vote. He had voted for Ultra much earlier.

so he did i was confused because he bolded the vote without unvoting

unvote: GeneralHankerchief
Vote: Ultrawar

has to be one or the other....

Sasaki Kojiro
11-30-2006, 02:16
Vote:Ultrawar

huh. So Seamus said he was creating a tie when he was actually putting GH ahead. A mistake?

Xiahou
11-30-2006, 02:36
More likely him than GH....

Seamus Fermanagh
11-30-2006, 02:42
I'll 12-step with the group on this one. Vote: Ultrawar.

Seamus Fermanagh
11-30-2006, 02:46
Sasaki:

I took Moody's count as accurate, your vote made three for ultra, so I tied it up.

Peasant Phill
11-30-2006, 08:28
Let's give some counterweight.

Vote: GH

explain to me why UW is mafia other than gut feeling.

Kagemusha
11-30-2006, 09:48
I dont know about either of these fellows.But,since you people couldnt get my little tips about an Mafia member who is just lurking away and will surely kill me the next night and if that happends i couldnt tell you my investigations post mortem.Also becouse either of these fellows wouldnt help me trick the mafia by revealing themselves as "detective" with my evidence and by that could have given me chance to investigate another person in this game.I might just reveal myself and one mafioso. Proletariat is mafia. I investigated her on the first round and bang! Second time i got Mafioso with pure luck on the first round. I gave you tip right from the start of the round and then yesterday i even posted a sentence: Proletariat is Mafia, but nobody took the tip. From these two i have to Vote General Hankerchief, since i already revealed myself to him on the first round in chat, but even after that he didnt vote Prole. So its possible that he could be Mafioso too. If thats the case we could be extremely lucky.Here are the PM´s between me and Csar that prove Prole quilty:

You have been randomly selected by me to be the Detective in my new game Rise of the Mob. PM someone you want to investigate every night after the lynchings. Remember if you die you cannot reveal who you've investigated. You may not use screenshots but you can Quote my PMs to prove you are the detective. Good luck with your investigations.

Great!
I would like to investigate Proletariat on the first round.

Cheers,

Kage

Great!

Cheers,

Kage

Proletariat is guilty she has killed Ignoramus.

P.S. I figured this would happen. :dizzy2:

Great!

Cheers,

Kage

Proletariat is guilty she has killed Ignoramus.

P.S. I figured this would happen. :dizzy2:

Hahahaa!!:laugh4:

Good old intuition still works.:smash:

Cheers,

Kage

Sasaki Kojiro
11-30-2006, 09:54
HAH! I wondered if any mafioso would be so foolish. I'm the real detective, lynch Kage!

Sweet.

At what time (day/hour) and in what manner did you reveal yourself to GeneralH in chat?

Kagemusha
11-30-2006, 10:01
Day before yesterday evening my time Which is 2 hours more then in Norway i think its GMT+2.You can ask GH when he gets online. I revealed myself to Ultrawar yesterday evening and he replyed that he could help me if he would survive to the next round.Now that wouldnt have helped me at all since i would have been dead by that time if i wouldnt bring Prole out in the open before that.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-30-2006, 10:14
hmm let me think about this

Unvote

Husar
11-30-2006, 11:34
HAH! I wondered if any mafioso would be so foolish. I'm the real detective, lynch Kage!

Sweet.

At what time (day/hour) and in what manner did you reveal yourself to GeneralH in chat?

hmm let me think about this

Unvote

:inquisitive:

You guys really enjoy creating guilty-groups, don't you?:inquisitive:

Hepcat
11-30-2006, 12:21
I am probably not going to be near an internet connection for the next 2 or 3 days, so that will be the reason why I won't be posting. Not because I'm off for some more grapes from Wanaka. :sweatdrop:

Sir Moody
11-30-2006, 13:29
you guys really have to stop these fluffed Detective reveals no-one can believe anyone else because we all seen it done before - i say we lynch ultra this tie, prole the next and kage the one after just to be sure...

Kagemusha
11-30-2006, 13:39
Thats completely fine by me. I expect to get lynched,just like i was when i catched Sasaki. But please elaborate whats fake about that i tryed to tip you of Prole and then show my evidence,becouse i was forced to do so. Otherwise my role as detective wouldt help town at all. Please tell me your theory behind my suicidal behaviour?

Sasaki Kojiro
11-30-2006, 13:40
It looks genuine to me. You guys were quite foolish to lynch him instead of me in cosa nuova. A detective for a mafioso is a good trade.

Sir Moody
11-30-2006, 14:10
Day before yesterday evening my time Which is 2 hours more then in Norway i think its GMT+2.You can ask GH when he gets online. I revealed myself to Ultrawar yesterday evening and he replyed that he could help me if he would survive to the next round.Now that wouldnt have helped me at all since i would have been dead by that time if i wouldnt bring Prole out in the open before that.

so the detective not only broke the "only reveal to everyone at once" clause but also revealed himself to 2 people who could have been mafia because he hadnt investigated them - thats too fishy for me, im not saying we should disregard it as false but its clouded just as any early detective reveal is

i hate to say this but after your last experiance at the reveal you should have learnt to play it safe and waited longer...

Peasant Phill
11-30-2006, 14:19
you guys really have to stop these fluffed Detective reveals no-one can believe anyone else because we all seen it done before - i say we lynch ultra this tie, prole the next and kage the one after just to be sure...

I do believe Kage so my following comment is only a thought for a specific situation: IF and only IF Kages claim proves to false.

Why do you (Sir Moody) forget to name GH in your list of to people to lynch if you want to play safe? Why Ultrtawar but not GH? Is this an attempt to persuade us, the villagers to lynch innocents?

Again, in the case of Kage telling the truth this would make no sense. Proletariat would be one of the mafia so why would the second and last member try to protect a villager?
I don't get it but I would like to hear Moodies explenation.

Sasaki Kojiro
11-30-2006, 14:30
so the detective not only broke the "only reveal to everyone at once" clause but also revealed himself to 2 people who could have been mafia because he hadnt investigated them - thats too fishy for me, im not saying we should disregard it as false but its clouded just as any early detective reveal is

i hate to say this but after your last experiance at the reveal you should have learnt to play it safe and waited longer...

That rule wasn't listed by Csar in the OP or in the pm. I don't know why he revealed himself to those two, perhaps he'd already planned on outing himself this round it would seem to be the safest move.

If he's mafia he has to know we won't let him survive until the end. Why would he kill himself just for one villager, 2 at the most?

Kagemusha
11-30-2006, 14:33

Yep righty then.:dizzy2: First of if you are detective and you find Mafia member you wont hold out to that knowledge and hope that you get another one too. Like it has been sayed thousand times before, to trade detective for a mafioso is a good trade.
My strategy was first to try to tip you guys with my original post in this thread,didnt work. Then i saw that there were lots of single votes aimed at different directions so i thought what the hell, i could reveal myself but that would mean that i would be goner. So i decided to reach for an individual player who could tip the voting balance near the end of the voting session and that could get myself unnoticed by the mafia or that they would think that the second voter would be the detective since my first post could have been interprated as hip shot like Xiahou did.
Then i had to decide who to contact and i decided that GH could actually believe me and keep his mouth shut. But then that strategy didnt work out either. For some reason unknown to me GH decided not to vote for Prole instead he was himself victim of a bandwagon that almost got him killed. At this point when it became apparent that my first plan would fail.
I decided that maybe i could turn your hands by tipping you guys even more.Then i posted a masked question to Prole, but replaced this mark: , so that the first sentence was Proletaria is Mafia, but to a no effect. I knew that at this point the mafia wouldnt let me live another day,if it was up to them.
After that i had really hard time thinking whether i should reveal myself at that point. But luckily there was a tie between GH and Ultrawar that created another chance for me to fool mafia. I knew that Ultrawar was desperate,becouse he was very near of lynching,also i didnt have anything to loose,since i would have to reveal myself in the case Ultrawar wouldnt help me decieve the Mafia by declaring detective and revealing Prole. But for some strange reason that didnt work out either. Ultra decided that he could help me in the next round if he would survive,but that wouldnt have helped me becouse of the rule that i couldnt have revealed anything incase of death. So all my options were used and i didnt have any other choice but to reveal myself. So in my own humble opinion, i pretty much what i could to keep myself alive and help town longer.

Sir Moody
11-30-2006, 15:24
I do believe Kage so my following comment is only a thought for a specific situation: IF and only IF Kages claim proves to false.

Why do you (Sir Moody) forget to name GH in your list of to people to lynch if you want to play safe? Why Ultrtawar but not GH? Is this an attempt to persuade us, the villagers to lynch innocents?

Again, in the case of Kage telling the truth this would make no sense. Proletariat would be one of the mafia so why would the second and last member try to protect a villager?
I don't get it but I would like to hear Moodies explenation.

i neglected General hankerchief because kage just voted for him in the tie off but no you are right we should lynch him as well in case its a double bluff...

the whole missing reveal to every clause has me a touch confused i thought it was a standard clause these days in a mafia game so can we maybe get a word from csar on this? was it left out?

even if it wasnt in, i still dont agree with the tactics used by kage they make it hard for me to believe him - trading the ONLY detective for a mafia in round ONE is not a good trade - maybe after a few rounds as you will have at least a small list of innocents then but so early on? no - you should have dropped the first hint and then waited till next round to drop a few more - reveal should be saved as a last resort not as a "opening move"

so heres my "revised" lynching plan
Ultrawar (or GH) in this tie off we need to kill both so either will do, then Prole, then the survivor of this tie, then kage - this keeps kage alive as long as possible so if he is telling the truth and he is the detective he can give us a few more names (i find it hard to believe the mafia will knock him off now he has revealed since there will be doubt as to whether he is telling the truth or not) - if you dont agree feel free to lynch me it saves me from being mafia bait like normal

Don Corleone
11-30-2006, 16:47
I'm really having a hard time with this one. Most suspicious of all is the absense of Lady Proletariat from these discussions. Were she truly mafia, she'd be excited (I think it's a first for her) and she'd be monitoring conversations constantly. I'd say the fact that she's been AFK for so long indicates she probably isn't Mafia. In light of that, Kagemusha's probably trying to save his cohort, which makes me shift my vote....

Peasant Phill
11-30-2006, 16:59
I'm not buying that Don. Why would a mafiamember who isn't a suspect (yet) risk being exposed just to help his mate who can't be helped in that round. We have to chose between Ultra and GH so why would it help any of the two this round if somebody said that a third person was a mafiamember.

UltraWar
11-30-2006, 17:01
When I die, please get my name right on the tombstone. I'm mostly intrested in why when I do something, I automatically get accused of something. I'm fine with it but if I join a bandwagon, lurk or even stay active, the result always stays the same.

I will give GeneralHankerchief good luck in following rounds.

Life, Auf Wiedersehen

Unvote:GeneralHankerchief

Don Corleone
11-30-2006, 17:07
I'm not buying that Don. Why would a mafiamember who isn't a suspect (yet) risk being exposed just to help his mate who can't be helped in that round. We have to chose between Ultra and GH so why would it help any of the two this round if somebody said that a third person was a mafiamember.

In reading my below post, it comes off like I believe the following to be fact, not a theory. It is in fact just a theory, one that answers Peasant Phil's conjecture that my scenario doesn't make sense. I'm trying to explain how I believe this is going...

A & B are both tied for the lynch vote. A is mafia, B is not. C is also mafia. In an effort to take the heat off of A, C claims to be the detective and points the finger at D. C then makes B (who is innocent look bad) by saying that they had already contacted B and B ignored the evidence against D, strongly implying that B & D are mafia, when in reality, it's A & C. What's more, when C has a history as the detective of all detectives, this scenario works out even better for A & C. Finally, if D really were mafia, D would be monitoring the conversations and would speak up in their own defense. Ignoring the searchlight pointed their way (and an almost guaranteed lynching the next round) is not a reasonable response for D, if D is really mafia. In reality, the only reason D isn't answering is because D isn't paying attention to the game, very un-mafia-like behavior. Now, once you establish that D is most likely not-mafia, that makes C look very, very bad. I can't vote for C (this round, but just you wait!), but I can do the next best thing and vote for A.

For those who lost count

A=Ultrawar
B=GeneralHanky
C=Kagemusha
D=Proletariat

Didn't feel like writing all those names over and over... :dizzy2:

Kagemusha
11-30-2006, 17:09
I'm really having a hard time with this one. Most suspicious of all is the absense of Lady Proletariat from these discussions. Were she truly mafia, she'd be excited (I think it's a first for her) and she'd be monitoring conversations constantly. I'd say the fact that she's been AFK for so long indicates she probably isn't Mafia. In light of that, Kagemusha's probably trying to save his cohort, which makes me shift my vote....

Don,why you have so little faith on poor old Kage? I didnt enjoy the idea of lynching Prole but she came out as quilty, dont let your Chivalry to interfere your judgement.:knight:

Husar
11-30-2006, 17:15

Reason: I don't exactly see the point in lynching Ultra War.:juggle2:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-30-2006, 17:21
Don, the problems with your theory are twofold:

1) That Prole hasn't posted yet is hardly convincing proof of her innocence. The claim hasn't been out there for 8 hours yet, and plenty of newbie mafioso's have laid low (destro and Xiahou in cosa nuova).

2) There has been no counterclaim. The real detective could easily have spoken up, shown kage as guilty and either ultra or gh as guilty.

Don Corleone
11-30-2006, 17:30
Item #1 seems a little dicey (that was the 2nd or 3rd mafia game right? Prole's played something like 8 games and this would theoretically be her first time picked for a role? Also, were they accused and ignored the accusation at times or did they just not post a lot?),

but you have a good point there on item#2.

Unvote: UltraWar
Vote: Abstain (for now)

Dutch_guy
11-30-2006, 17:59
2) There has been no counterclaim. The real detective could easily have spoken up, shown kage as guilty and either ultra or gh as guilty.

Maybe the 'real' one is dead ~;)

Peasant Phill
11-30-2006, 18:33
Hmm, can a detective reveal himself after he's been killed?It isn't mentioned in the PM or the rules and I know BKS revealed himself as a doctor in cosa nuova.

Kagemusha
11-30-2006, 18:52
No he cant.Phil read the game rules from the the pm Csar sent me. Im starting to get a terrible deja vu from my last game when i played the detective. That time you guys accused me of somehow discovering that Sasaki was detective and going after him as Mafioso on the first round. Do you now think that i had somehow miraculously found out who the detective were before the first round and killed him and took his place.Just how possible is that?:dizzy2:

Dutch_guy
11-30-2006, 20:22
That time you guys accused me of somehow discovering that Sasaki was detective and going after him as Mafioso on the first round. Do you now think that i had somehow miraculously found out who the detective were before the first round and killed him and took his place.Just how possible is that?:dizzy2:

Well, I was to blame for that one really. As I was your Co-Detective, but wasn't there to play the game, thus couldn't defend you against the overzealous villagers.

Needless to say, had I been playing, Sasaki would have been lynched immediately.

Masy
11-30-2006, 21:12
Vote: Ultrawar for reasons previously stated.

Csargo
11-30-2006, 21:29
i neglected General hankerchief because kage just voted for him in the tie off but no you are right we should lynch him as well in case its a double bluff...

the whole missing reveal to every clause has me a touch confused i thought it was a standard clause these days in a mafia game so can we maybe get a word from csar on this? was it left out?

even if it wasnt in, i still dont agree with the tactics used by kage they make it hard for me to believe him - trading the ONLY detective for a mafia in round ONE is not a good trade - maybe after a few rounds as you will have at least a small list of innocents then but so early on? no - you should have dropped the first hint and then waited till next round to drop a few more - reveal should be saved as a last resort not as a "opening move"

so heres my "revised" lynching plan
Ultrawar (or GH) in this tie off we need to kill both so either will do, then Prole, then the survivor of this tie, then kage - this keeps kage alive as long as possible so if he is telling the truth and he is the detective he can give us a few more names (i find it hard to believe the mafia will knock him off now he has revealed since there will be doubt as to whether he is telling the truth or not) - if you dont agree feel free to lynch me it saves me from being mafia bait like normal

Yes I did.

Also Voting Closed

Csargo
11-30-2006, 22:45
It had been a long day of voting in the Gameroom. So long that a lot of the villagers fell asleep after they voted or just didn’t vote at all. Once Csar had finished tallying the votes he blew his awesome Chief of Police whistle, but no one seemed to notice so he pulled out his .44 Magnum and fired one shot into the air. Most of the people that were asleep were wide-eyed now.

Now that I have your attention we will get the execution over with so I can get some sleep. You the villagers have decided that Ultra War will be the one to die here today. Ultra War would you please come up to the platform. He didn’t put up a fight he just slowly walked to the platform. He had already accepted the fact that no one liked him and voted to kill him.

“Do you have anything you would like to say UW?” Csar said. I just have one question. How will I be…. Right at that moment Csar shot UW in the foot with his awesome Magnum. After cursing the Chief of Police UW asked” Why did you do…? Just then Csar shot UW in the knee he fell to the ground and cried a little. Then Csar looked into the crowd and noticed that no one was left out in the crowd. Well everyone’s gone UW I guess I could stop now. Oh man thank you I’m in so much pain right now you can’t… But Csar wasn’t done yet he shot UW in the other knee for good measure. He holstered his awesome Magnum and walked away. Can you guys finish this for me? Csar said. Yes, sir.

As Csar was walking to his car he heard one gunshot and the cries of UW stopped. Finally this horrible day was over and he could get some sleep.

Seamus Fermanagh-UW

GeneralHankerchief-UW

UltraWar-UW

Sasaki Kojiro-UW

Husar-GH

Sir Moody-UW

Prole-UW

Sigurd Fafnesbane-UW

TheRTWGuru-Didn't bother

Dutch_Guy-Didn't bother

Silver Rusher-Didn't bother

Reenk Roink-Didn't bother

Hepcat-Didn't bother

Warluster-Didn't bother

Peasant Phill-GH

Masy-UW

Jimbob-GH

Kagemusha-GH

Discovery1-Didn't bother

Don Corleone-ABSTAIN

Xiahou-UW

UW=9
GH=4

PM's please.

Sir Moody
11-30-2006, 22:48
thanks Csar so you did leave it out - ok i believe kage a little more now i still feel his reveal to two un-checked people was a bad idea on his part and that makes me a little suspicous but ill overlook that for now - sorry kage for doubting you

Proletariat
11-30-2006, 23:02
Ah, what a difference a night makes

I'm very puzzled by this last bunch of posts, since Kage has accused me so directly of being mafia. Only I know for certain that I am not, so I'll expect a lynching here shortly, but for the rest of you considering this;

Look at who Kage supposedly revealed to first. GH, one of the few people playing with the gumption and audacity to pull a fake-I'm-the-detective. Coupled with GH's change in post style, and knowing just how shameless and ambitious his lieing can be, I feel we made a mistake with going for Ultra, and I'dve changed my vote if I had access to a computer before the dead line.

What's even hard for me to swallow, is after Kage's debacle the last time he tried to reveal early (with that awfully unconvincing pm quote), I'm surprised he'd try another stunt like that. Csar is a new mafia game moderator, could he have perhaps thrown in an extra role or two to spice up his first game here? I'm thinking of course of the 'Miller Mafia Game Role', where a player appears guilty to the detective, but is actually a townie who has no idea about their unique role.

It's a stretch, but if you believe I'm mafia, you should at least lynch Kage and GH quickly, to rule out this possibility. After all, even if I was mafia, as has been stated a few times over the last page or so, a mafioso is a good trade for a detective. You only have my word to go on of course that I never recieved a mafia role PM, so take it for what it's worth. Claiming that I'm not mafia over and over won't do anything to help my case of course, and I won't be around too much tonight for the tit for tat arguing, but everyone should think long and hard about what they know from GH's, Kage's, and my play-style history, when deciding who the next few lynches are

Edit: Better link for the Miller role
http://davesource.com/Fringe/Fringe/Creativity/Games/Indoors/Mafia/v29.htm

discovery1
11-30-2006, 23:12
Csar did say that he might add more roles. I remeber him mentioning a 'Jesus' role. Jesus would ressurect people, although he said he might keep that role for himself.

Kagemusha
11-30-2006, 23:17
So Proletariat graces us with her presence atlast.Wellcome to the thread.Im not going to start blabbering more of your guilty either.I have provided my evidence and i believe the good people of this town will take you down. Its not of importance to me whether i live or not,as long as you are lynched. :bow:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-30-2006, 23:24
Yeah, kinda grasping at straws there Proletariat.

Proletariat
11-30-2006, 23:32
What can I do? I'm not mafia, but I'm accused of it. :shrug:

Then there's gonna be a few posts like Kage's above

'Responding, eh? Just like a mafioso would!'

Anyhow, out for the evening, will try and catch up late tonight

I'd like a last cigarette, too, por favor
~:smoking:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-30-2006, 23:36
Nah, but when you have to invent game roles to prove your innocence your on thin ice. Csar did make an addition, but he mentioned it specifically (doctor). No game yet has included a miller type role because they are incredibly lame.

Proletariat
11-30-2006, 23:45
Lame role? Interesting take from a guy who's filled games with so many convoluted roles that one or two games didn't even last as long as the sign up period. (Fun games mind you, but not as 'epic' feeling as some of the marathons we've had just using the basic roles)

Not interesting that you think the role is lame, it is, but that you think Csar would be above it, even with other players confirming that he stated in the chat a few extra roles would be thrown in

GeneralHankerchief
11-30-2006, 23:46
Okay.

Kage revealed to me in the chat, in the middle of the first round voting (non-runoff). I took his word, and his PMs from Csar do look authentic.

Originally I wanted to keep this knowledge to myself, as I wasn't sure what Kage was doing was legal. Csar mentioned the roles being pretty much the same as in my game, and a rule in my game is that the Detective can't reveal to one person at a time.

I believed him when he said Prole was guilty, and my strategy was to change my vote at the last minute for her, much like I did in the final round of Godfather 2, with some vague reasoning.

However, this strategy didn't work as I couldn't log on and vote until there was a tie. At that time Kage PM'd me suggesting that *I* reveal, but realizing that Godfather 2 was probably fresh in people's minds, nobody would believe me. Also, it wouldn't make much of a difference since we couldn't vote for Prole in the runoff. I did suggest that UltraWar might be a bit more believable, but UW never revealed.

I was afraid this would happen. Paranoia from Godfather 2 is still high. I do believe that Kage is innocent, and plan to vote for Prole if I survive the next kills.

Xiahou
12-01-2006, 02:39
Kage has some 'splaining to do:

You have been randomly selected by me to be the Detective in my new game Rise of the Mob. PM someone you want to investigate every night after the lynchings. Remember if you die you cannot reveal who you've investigated. You may not use screenshots but you can Quote my PMs to prove you are the detective. Good luck with your investigations.You first accused Prole before there were any lynchings yet. According to your alleged PM, you could not investigate anyone until after a lynching. Care to explain? :inquisitive:

Edit: While Im at it, who did you investigate this round?

Csargo
12-01-2006, 02:47
Edited

Kagemusha
12-01-2006, 03:29
Kage has some 'splaining to do:
You first accused Prole before there were any lynchings yet. According to your alleged PM, you could not investigate anyone until after a lynching. Care to explain? :inquisitive:

Edit: While Im at it, who did you investigate this round?

I think that means when the game is on. If you have been detective in any mafia games you would know that detective investigates also before the first round same time when mafia posts their first kills.The pm is what Csar wrote i have nothing to comment on his rules.I automatically posted my first investigation when i received the pm telling me im the detective. I will reveal who i have investigated after the next night ends.If im still alive which i very must doubt.

Seamus Fermanagh
12-01-2006, 04:44
I keep reading this thread, and getting more confused. To bed. Perhaps a break and review on the morrow will shed light.

Edit:

Reviewed votes (I make Ultra a dead man with 8 as Sasaki withdrew his vote, but no substantive difference).

We need to hear again from Prole, Kage, Hanky, and Ultra summarizing there behavior/posts:

What did you know and when did you know it?

Yes, I know its repetition, but repetition is a valid interrogation strategy. Let's hear from you.

UltraWar
12-01-2006, 17:16
I keep reading this thread, and getting more confused. To bed. Perhaps a break and review on the morrow will shed light.

Edit:

Reviewed votes (I make Ultra a dead man with 8 as Sasaki withdrew his vote, but no substantive difference).

We need to hear again from Prole, Kage, Hanky, and Ultra summarizing there behavior/posts:

Yes, I know its repetition, but repetition is a valid interrogation strategy. Let's hear from you.

I can't believe my name has been wrote as two words. Oh well, I won't be able to tell you any information about my posts/behaviour as dead people don't talk (well I'm Roman so it's different). I will say no more and I will get ready for my next mission from the Senate.

Kagemusha
12-01-2006, 18:43
Seamus i completely explained my strategy in post 109#.What can i add? Becouse you people couldnt get my tips,all what is left for me to do is to wait will the Mafia kill me next night or not, if mafia lets me live to cast suspicion on me i can atleast investigate one more person before im goner.

Sasaki Kojiro
12-01-2006, 18:47
Getting a mafioso first round is a lucky shot. He could have waited a few more rounds but the odds of him finding a mafioso are always going to be less than the odds of him being killed.

Seamus Fermanagh
12-01-2006, 19:09
Thanks, Kag'. I'm looking for repeat posts to gauge tone/style/mood. Yours still seems consistent with #109. Repeating it more fully would have been even a better double-check for me, but your frustration is clear.

Mafiosi in past games have so muddied the "reveal" that to do so is often a lynching sentence -- the village then listens to your reveal after you're dead.:dizzy2:

Csargo
12-02-2006, 00:51
Masy was playing some M2TW in his room, while wearing headphones to enjoy the awesome sound track from the new M2TW. He starts hacking and coughing as his room fills with smoke from a smoke-bomb the ninja just threw in. He was so confused he didn’t even move. As the room filled with smoke Masy didn’t even hear the ninja until the end. A katana came and took off his head.

Sasaki was chilling at his house chatting and gossiping with some of his friends from the Org. He was talking on and on and gossipy so much so. That he didn’t seem to notice a red dot aimed right at his head. He always liked to point fingers at others, but today, the gun was pointed at him. The glass of his house window was shattered. Sasaki was sniped in the head and lay cold dead!

Note from me: I didn't write all of this just added somethings to make it longer.

Get voting!

Kagemusha
12-02-2006, 00:55
I investigated this round General Hankerchief and he is innocent.:bow:

Sasaki Kojiro
12-02-2006, 01:06
Oh man killed again. Well, lynch prole.

Husar
12-02-2006, 01:24
Well, lynch prole.
As you command.:bow:

Vote: Proletariat

Seamus Fermanagh
12-02-2006, 01:26
Where my head is at:

Kagamusha claims to be the detective, but I am unsure. No reveal can be fully believable without a screenie, and I wouldn't put it entirely past some of you modders to be able to fab that too.

Sasaki pounces on Kag after his reveal, then -- partly from chat info and partly from the bits in this thread -- buys Kag's story. I'm still skeptical. After all, the two of them on the same mafioso team would be capable of such chicanery -- they're both sharp.

Kagemusha labels Prole a mafiosa. Prole defends herself, but somewhat generically. Others also point up small inconsistencies in the reveal. Such inconsistencies, at least so far, are not a smoking gun pointing to fakery -- but nor can they be dismissed.

Ultrawar dies after the voting.

Masy is murdered -- and he voted for Ultrawar twice.

Sasaki is then murdered. Now, as we are all aware, merely murdering Sasaki will not shut him up. So why kill him?

Yes, he voted for ultrawar once, but also briefly claimed detective status -- a la Cosa Nuovo -- right after the Kagemusha reveal.

Kag' claims Hanky is innocent.

So do we buy Kagemusha's claim or no? If we do, then Prole should go. If we don't then Kag' should. If we can't decide?

I suggest: Prole, Kag', Hanky in that order. Thoughts?

Csargo
12-02-2006, 01:31

Edit:

Oops my bad. I didn't realize that he was unvoting UW. He should have done it right anyways.

Unvote:UW
Vote:Abstain

You must do it right or I might accidentally not count it:smash:

Reenk Roink
12-02-2006, 01:39
I wanna hear from Prole before doing any voting. This situation has unfortunately gotten to the point, that we cant trust the detective (even if they are trying to play with our minds, the mafia made a very big risk by not killing Kage is they knew he was truthful...)

Sasaki Kojiro
12-02-2006, 01:40
Sasaki pounces on Kag after his reveal, then -- partly from chat info and partly from the bits in this thread -- buys Kag's story. I'm still skeptical. After all, the two of them on the same mafioso team would be capable of such chicanery -- they're both sharp.

I was mainly interested in GeneralH. At around the same time he mentioned to me that he thought some other person might be detective. I thought it would be very strange for him to have done this if Kage had revealed to him.

With only 4 people killed I don't see how the mafia could have thought they had killed the detective, and so it would be a very poor move for one of them to claim detective. You have to look at the risk/benefit:

Detective has been killed ~1/6 chance. If he hasn't kage gets counterclaimed and lynched. What benefit from being believed? You get one or two innocents lynched at a stage in the game where it is almost certain an innocent will be lynched. Given Cosa Nuova you know that you are almost certainly heading into a lynch both of them scenario. What did you get in return for lynching? Don argued that Kage was trying to help either Ultra or GH who was one of his mafioso buddies. But if that were true he would have claimed to have a guilty result on one of them.

I say we leave Kage alive and let the doctor protect him.

Sasaki Kojiro
12-02-2006, 01:46
I wanna hear from Prole before doing any voting. This situation has unfortunately gotten to the point, that we cant trust the detective (even if they are trying to play with our minds, the mafia made a very big risk by not killing Kage is they knew he was truthful...)

I'm adding a Doctor to the list of Roles.

GeneralHankerchief
12-02-2006, 01:48
Sasaki - Kage revealed to me after that PM.

Seamus - I will once again explain my actions, but right now I don't have the time. I'll be doing the kills for Mafia V and then logging off. Look for it sometime later.

In the meantime,

Csar, I assume that there will be two kills no matter how many mafiosi are alive?

Csargo
12-02-2006, 01:49
Yes GH

Reenk Roink
12-02-2006, 01:53
Ok, Sasaki actually QED'd a decent argument with a green balloon.

I still want to hear from Prole, but I'm gonna have to Vote: Proletariat for the moment.

Csargo
12-02-2006, 01:54
Edited:To protect all those involved in this accident.

Reenk Roink
12-02-2006, 01:55
*puts Sasaki's "what the Christ" image*

Sasaki Kojiro
12-02-2006, 02:00
https://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6800/emotwtcae8.gif

Proletariat
12-02-2006, 02:05
....Okay...

:dizzy2:

Reenk Roink
12-02-2006, 02:12
Edited:To protect all those involved in this accident.

Wait, what happened now? :huh:

Csargo
12-02-2006, 02:14
Wait, what happened now? :huh:

I don't know what your talking about.:inquisitive:

Sasaki Kojiro
12-02-2006, 02:17
I don't know what your talking about.:inquisitive:

Haha, you should check out that watch thread in the Frontroom Csar.

Csargo
12-02-2006, 02:29
Haha, you should check out that watch thread in the Frontroom Csar.

I don't understand.

Seamus Fermanagh
12-02-2006, 02:42
I don't understand.

....the beginning of wisdom.

Csargo
12-02-2006, 02:45
....the beginning of wisdom.

Thanks for explanation Seamus:guitarist:

Warning:Post may contain sarcasm.:shocked:

Sir Moody
12-02-2006, 02:48
Vote : Proletariat

ill buy into kage for the moment since csar revealed he didnt add a "only Reval all clause"

and what was edited out of csars post... im confused

Xiahou
12-02-2006, 05:11
Well I believe Kage.

Vote:Proletariat

Seamus Fermanagh
12-02-2006, 05:36
Thanks for explanation Seamus:guitarist:

Warning:Post may contain sarcasm.:shocked:

Just kidding around.

After all, how often do you get the chance to throw in a Lao-Tzu quote?

Csargo
12-02-2006, 06:00
Just kidding around.

After all, how often do you get the chance to throw in a Lao-Tzu quote?

:laugh4: :smash: :beam: :end:

Peasant Phill
12-02-2006, 09:26
Vote: proletariat

I, among others, would want to hear more from Prole than "...Okay...". She's going down easy for a mafiosi or a villager. Some debate will only help the town.

Dutch_guy
12-02-2006, 13:32
Vote: proletariat

I, among others, would want to hear more from Prole than "...Okay...". She's going down easy for a mafiosi or a villager. Some debate will only help the town.

Same here,

Vote: Proletariat.

Masy
12-02-2006, 14:50
Aw, that is a shame...rather extravagant death too, I haven't seen Katana's mentioned before.

Don Corleone
12-02-2006, 15:26
Well I believe Kage.

Vote:Proletariat

And I still don't.

Vote: Kagemusha

Proletariat
12-02-2006, 15:58
Kage's risk is really paying off here, I'm surprised by how well. Only he, Csar and I know I'm not really mafia, but what he's doing is pretty bright. After I'm dead, you all will go back to basically a round one situation of having no leads, he and GH will continue killing you all and probably cruise to a mafia win.

I know Seamus and a few others want a heartier defence out of me, but this bandwagon has gotten alot of steam and I obviously am not expecting to survive this round. But at least take out Kage next. Look at who he's aligned himself with. GH, a player who in just the recent past has pulled off a damn near town-humiliating deception. A player who comes into the chat after his near win with Myrd, and confesses to getting huge self-satisfaction when he's able to pull one over on a whole town. Kage is also a very bright player and I doubt anyone playing would really put something this risky and cunning past him.

If I'm mafia, and as obvious as it is that I am going down, wtf would Kage still be alive? There has been zero speculation as to who would be my partner, so why wouldn't I just take a lynching for the team, whack Kage last night, and let my partner pwn the rest of you? Instead the Mafia choose Sasaki and Masy... Can anyone explain that?

Anyhow, working a little today, busy night later, and then I'll be at the Redskins game for most of tommorow. Will try to follow along on my pda, but prolly not able to respond until tommorow evening

Vote: Kage

Kagemusha
12-02-2006, 16:10
Greetings Mi Lady.Your logig comes with a minor problem.At this point it doesnt matter if im dead or alive.I found a Mafioso and if the town decides to lynch me next then i have no problem with such deal. To trade a detective for mafioso is a fair deal. My original sentiment stays. Prole why did you have to join the dark side?: Vote Proletariat

Proletariat
12-02-2006, 19:57
That's not a flaw in my logic, that's your word against mine. There is a huge flaw in your reasoning, tho, which is of course the fact that you're still alive.

This RTWGuru method of revealing is very frustrating. You throw out that I'm mafia in the first round,

Vote Proletariat.Mi Lady, why did you have to join the dark side?

in a manner utterly indistinguishable from every other first round, one line accusation. You're indictment against me was nothing detective-like, and that's why it was ignored by the town amongst all the other off-the-cuff accusations that the first few rounds are known for. If you you're the detective and you really one shotted a mafia in the first round, and are willing to die for them to be lynched, why not just come out with Csar's investigation quote right away?

Instead you thought a one liner about the dark side would be credible enough to have the town bandwagon me? It just doesn't add up.

Reenk Roink
12-02-2006, 20:09
Prole makes a good point Kage. I'm convinced right now that both of you need to die ASAP. Csar, can we lynch both this round?

Kagemusha
12-02-2006, 20:27
That's not a flaw in my logic, that's your word against mine. There is a huge flaw in your reasoning, tho, which is of course the fact that you're still alive.

This RTWGuru method of revealing is very frustrating. You throw out that I'm mafia in the first round,

in a manner utterly indistinguishable from every other first round, one line accusation. You're indictment against me was nothing detective-like, and that's why it was ignored by the town amongst all the other off-the-cuff accusations that the first few rounds are known for. If you you're the detective and you really one shotted a mafia in the first round, and are willing to die for them to be lynched, why not just come out with Csar's investigation quote right away?

Instead you thought a one liner about the dark side would be credible enough to have the town bandwagon me? It just doesn't add up.

But Prole i have already posted the investigation quote.:yes:

Sasaki Kojiro
12-02-2006, 20:43

...except there's a doctor who would undoubtedly have protected Kage last night...

...in the exact same manner he did in Cosa Nuova when he was detective...

Csargo
12-02-2006, 20:46
Prole makes a good point Kage. I'm convinced right now that both of you need to die ASAP. Csar, can we lynch both this round?

I think you know the answer to that.

Sir Moody
12-02-2006, 21:07
Proles arguemnt is good but flawed - if Kage wasnt the detective then why hasnt the real one spoken up? this is the main point that i think Kage has going for him and yes i agree he didnt play very safe by revealing to 2 unchecked people but that isnt enough - his story fits close enough

JimBob
12-02-2006, 21:56
...except there's a doctor who would undoubtedly have protected Kage last night...
True but that would have been a failed assassination attempt rather than the mafia aiming elsewhere (at least in my reading of the rules). I don't buy Prole or Kage's story. I say they're both guilty. Lynch 'em both.

Vote: Prole

Sasaki Kojiro
12-02-2006, 21:58
True but that would have been a failed assassination attempt rather than the mafia aiming elsewhere (at least in my reading of the rules). I don't buy Prole or Kage's story. I say they're both guilty. Lynch 'em both.

Vote: Prole

But since the mafia knew there was a doctor they wouldn't have tried to kill Kage, knowing that the failed attempt would prove his innocence.

They can't both be guilty. Kage is the detective, we'll leave him alive for a while yet.

JimBob
12-03-2006, 00:26
They can't both be guilty. Kage is the detective, we'll leave him alive for a while yet. Double blind? Have Kage burn Prole is righteous detective fury. Then we go searching for the other mafia, who is Kage...

Sasaki Kojiro
12-03-2006, 00:45
Double blind? Have Kage burn Prole is righteous detective fury. Then we go searching for the other mafia, who is Kage...

But since he's almost certainly detective it would behoove us to leave him alive and let him investigate.

discovery1
12-03-2006, 05:47
vote Prole!!!!

How Could You!?

Csargo
12-03-2006, 19:01
Voting closed.

Executions up soon

Csargo
12-03-2006, 19:30
Csar had just finished tallying the votes. This is the most one sided voting he had ever seen. Prole having 11 votes and Kage the so called detective 2. Prole was dragged up to the platform kicking and screaming "He's a liar. He's decieving you all don't believe him."

After a short amount of time Prole finally calmed down. She decided that it was futile to fight the almighty CoP and succumbed to her fate. "Can I have one last cigarette, Csar?" Sure Csar pulled out a cigarette with a little red dot on it. Hardly noticible to someone who didn't know it was there. Csar gave it too her and struck a match to light it. After a minute or so Prole lay on the platform having seizures. After a little bit longer she stopped breathing and her heart failed. Prole now lay dead on the platform.

You can all go home now. Hopefully the killings will stop and we can live in peace once again. Csar didn't like lieing to the townspeople, but he didn't want them worrying all night. He knew the killings wouldn't stop atleast not yet.

PMs please.

Sasaki Kojiro
12-04-2006, 11:46
So, as I was saying, we should leave Kage around for a while. Agreed?

Sir Moody
12-04-2006, 14:11
for now until there are further developments

Husar
12-04-2006, 14:36
So, as I was saying, we should leave Kage around for a while. Agreed?
Definitely.

Seamus Fermanagh
12-04-2006, 16:12
Prole had a good argument point though:

If she's mafia, targeting Kag would've been the safe play. Was a doctor added? Possibly -- even probably. But:

Would that guarantee the doctor would protect Kag? Not at all. I revealed as a detective in CN, people specifically called for my protection, and Doctor Silver chose a different strategy. The Doctor is quite possibly using their skill as a means of uncovering new mafia -- not playing support for the detective.

No guarantee exists that the doctor has not already been scragged.

I therefore think Prole was pointing up a potential weakness in the case against her (and thereby casting doubt on Kagemusha, and by extension upon Sasaki). I was still mulling over a vote change when Csar closed things down -- not that it would've helped.

So, my inclination is still toward: Prole followeed by Kag

Peasant Phill
12-04-2006, 16:38
I rather wait until after the kills and some discussion before forming a pact to protect someone.

I know I've supported the idea of Kage as detective so far but I wouldn't scratch him as a suspect just yet. the only substantial argument for Kages innocence is the fact that no one else has claimed to be the detective. There are however enough reasons for the 'real' detective (if Kage's mafia) to break the silence and counterclaim.

Sasaki Kojiro
12-04-2006, 18:32
Prole had a good argument point though:

If she's mafia, targeting Kag would've been the safe play. Was a doctor added? Possibly -- even probably. But:

Would that guarantee the doctor would protect Kag? Not at all. I revealed as a detective in CN, people specifically called for my protection, and Doctor Silver chose a different strategy. The Doctor is quite possibly using their skill as a means of uncovering new mafia -- not playing support for the detective.

No guarantee exists that the doctor has not already been scragged.

I therefore think Prole was pointing up a potential weakness in the case against her (and thereby casting doubt on Kagemusha, and by extension upon Sasaki). I was still mulling over a vote change when Csar closed things down -- not that it would've helped.

So, my inclination is still toward: Prole followeed by Kag

However:

You hadn't accused one of us Cosa Nuova. Killing you wouldn't have proved any of us guilty. Kage has accused Prole so killing him would prove her guilt. They'd much rather sit back and lynch.

Csargo
12-04-2006, 23:15
GeneralHankerchief was walking his dog down the street, enjoying all the new Christmas lights that had been put up. He was too engulfed with the Christmas lights to notice the red dot on his chest. Luckily there was someone there to point it out too him.

He heard someone screaming "GH Watch Out! There is a red dot on your chest! Its the Sniper!!!"

The man threw GH what appeared to be a bulletproof vest, and GH put it on without much thought. Not noticing that it was a vest covered with C-4 explosives!

It was too late to take off the vest though, the button was pushed, and GH went KABLOOEE!

A laser pointer was found at the scene of the crime...

Sigurd was enjoying whaling on his new yacht in the icy waters of Norway. He had his harpoon ready when he saw somebody in the water, drowning! Sigurd was a nice guy, so he just had to help. He jumped in and swam towards the victim. When he got close by, he realized his mistake. The drowning person was a robot. The bomb vest he wore exploded blowing Sigurd into many pieces in the icy waters.

Alright villagers we have obviously not executed the mafia, so get voting!!!!

Still Alive:
Seamus Fermanagh-
Husar-
Sir Moody-
TheRTWGuru-
Dutch_Guy-
Silver Rusher-
Reenk Roink-
Hepcat-
Warluster-
Peasant Phill-
Jimbob-
Kagemusha-
Discovery1-
Don Corleone-
Xiahou-

Kagemusha
12-04-2006, 23:19
I investigated Sigurd Fafnesbane this round.But i think those kills clearly tell the results of my investigations.He was innocent.:wall:

discovery1
12-04-2006, 23:44
Hmm, seems like our stronger people are being killed off. This does nothing to help them though and is a rookie mistake. So I would suggest going after well rookies, or at least people who haven't been mafia before.

Sasaki Kojiro
12-04-2006, 23:46
I suggest Jimbob

GeneralHankerchief
12-04-2006, 23:48
:laugh4: Thanks, Mr. Mafioso. That was definitely the most awesome way I've been killed.

Anyway, since I am now confirmed innocent, this says a couple of things. First of all, if the mafia were trying to get me to go away, it won't work. I will now do my best to help make this game a decisive town victory. We already got one mafioso already (Prole), and I have a few ideas of who the second is.

Also, there are a couple of reasons why Kage is innocent. First of all, the mafia are still worried about possible Doctor protection, and could also be somewhat still trying to frame him while still taking out his help. You notice that, while they left him alive, they killed Kage's greatest ally in the game (myself) in order to lessen his power.

In the meantime, I will now enjoy the afterlife and post my suspicions later.

Sigurd
12-04-2006, 23:53
It has been a while since I got killed in a mafia game... This time I am not forced to be silent...

Reenk Roink
12-05-2006, 01:14
Yup, I am more certain of Kage's innocence now, not only for the reasons of G-Hanky, but also because both these Mafia kills involved death by explosive vest... :rolleyes:

Husar
12-05-2006, 01:24
Yup, I am more certain of Kage's innocence now, not only for the reasons of G-Hanky, but also because both these Mafia kills involved death by explosive vest... :rolleyes:
Yes, somehow they had a certain equal element which may mean that only one of our mafia buddies is left.

Lord Sasaki suggests Jimbob, so unless someone else can come up with anything as convincing as his opinion, I will

Reenk Roink
12-05-2006, 01:35
I suggest Jimbob

Wow, a bandwagoning attempt, and you didn't even bother to list the crap reasons/sophistry to support it. That's low, even for you Sasaki... :laugh4: ~;p

Sasaki Kojiro
12-05-2006, 01:53
Wow, a bandwagoning attempt, and you didn't even bother to list the crap reasons/sophistry to support it. That's low, even for you Sasaki... :laugh4: ~;p

You sure hold a grudge don't you? ~D

Anyway, we're less than halfway through the game, one mafioso down, a protected cop. Jimbob is new, why not lynch him?

Reenk Roink
12-05-2006, 02:57
You sure hold a grudge don't you? ~D

I am the father of the list. :laugh4:

Jimbob is new, why not lynch him?

Gah, now that's just evil... :no:

Sir Moody
12-05-2006, 04:02
Can i suggest something - lets lynchs some lurkers

Jimbob is making the bare minimum contribution which may indicate mafia BUT Warluster hasnt posted since joining yet has been active on the org and Silver Rusher has been very inactive for him and then theres "im the detective" RTWguru who has been totally silent for a change

i say we lynch one of these - jimbob is at least voting

GeneralHankerchief
12-05-2006, 04:38
i say we lynch one of these - jimbob is at least voting

This could be because he has a special role. Put yourself in the position of a first-time player: Would you be more interested in the game if you were just a townie or if you were a mafioso and could pick who to kill and how to kill them?

(wow, I can't believe that my computer actually let me post this)

Xiahou
12-05-2006, 05:06
Not that it's my decision, but I'd like to see Seamus investigated. His push for 'sealing the deal' and lynching Kage is either good sense or possibly a mafia attempt to kill off a detective without getting his hands dirty. I suspect the former, but I'd still like to know where he's coming from for sure.

I may change this later, but for now:
vote: JimBob

Don Corleone
12-05-2006, 12:44
Well, enforcing my new rule of voting for folks who do poor reveals:

Vote: theRTWGuru

At least until he can explain why he's being such a crappy detective (or is he being a good mafia :inquisitive: )

Sir Moody
12-05-2006, 13:11
RTWguru isnt Claiming to be the detective this time infact he isnt claiming anything he hasn tposted anything since the game started

its very unlike him in the other games he took part in he was almost rabid posting as much as sas at times

Sigurd
12-05-2006, 13:14
I will not let go the possibility of Kage being a Mafioso just yet. We shouldn’t be too comfortable in keeping Kage alive. He could be protecting his mafia buddy in this charade. Some of you base your notion of Kage’s innocence of there not being another claimant to the detective role. Maybe the detective is already dead and is therefore not permitted to make such a claim?

True I have let the detective live while being Mafioso in previous games, but I was Godfather and would come up as innocent in an investigation.

That we have two kills means that the mafia is not even trying to rid themselves of this threat. The doctor if not dead is not saving anyone.

Kagemusha
12-05-2006, 14:02
Sigurd i understand that you dont trust me on this situation,but its your own choice, i could have hard time believing you also in same kind of situation, but thats the paranoia these games do to people.:juggle2:

Don Corleone
12-05-2006, 14:42
RTWguru isnt Claiming to be the detective this time infact he isnt claiming anything he hasn tposted anything since the game started

its very unlike him in the other games he took part in he was almost rabid posting as much as sas at times

Aaah, i've had so many detective reveals to keep straight in this game and the other one (and still have GF2 on the brain) it's hard to keep straight.

My apologies RTWGuru, but Sir Moody is right, you are unnaturally silent. My vote stands.

Reenk Roink
12-05-2006, 16:20
Of course we can not completely rule out the possibility that Kage is guilty (until the Mafia get an attempt (successful or thwarted) on his life. But as this game has progressed further, I have put almost complete trust in him.

At first, I was too skeptical, and only my suspicion of Prole led me to vote her over him. (it's just too odd to make up that Prole is the mafia...)

However, as the game has progressed, I see a couple convincing pieces of evidence to support Kage, foremost being that his demeanor is like a real detective (yes, I symphatize with his plight due to my situation in the other game; sue me). Also, the kills have gotten more similiar, and if Csar could confirm that the mafia(s) wrote them, that is another plus for Kage.

The only thing odd about Kage is that both his innocent investigations were killed this round. Still, I can't bring myself to imagine any of us Organians would kill those who were their most outspoken supporters the very next round (GH).

My top 3 suspect list is:

1) theRTWguru (since he's not screaming that he's a special role, I think he has a special role)

2) Seamus (wants to kill Kage)

3) Don C (same as Seamus)

Now, 2 and 3 may be just because of their chivalry, but 1 is definitely weird.

Vote: theRTWguru

Don Corleone
12-05-2006, 16:33
I can explain Seamus's and my voting in one quick, easy to understand phase: we right-wingers stick together. ~:thumb:

Just kidding. I don't have it in for Kage. I found his reveal didn't convince me to a satisfactory level. Only two types of people reveal (the detective himself, duh) and the mafia. Okay, well, apparently Spartan has revealed to try to protect the detective :confused: (did that work, btw?) but you know what I mean....

I'm not saying I'm 100% convinced Kage is mafia or that he is definitely not the detective. I welcome additional evidence that would allow me to restore my faith in my fine Finnish friend.

Dutch_guy
12-05-2006, 16:50
Just kidding. I don't have it in for Kage. I found his reveal didn't convince me to a satisfactory level. Only two types of people reveal (the detective himself, duh) and the mafia. Okay, well, apparently Spartan has revealed to try to protect the detective :confused: (did that work, btw?) but you know what I mean....

Well, he revealed to flush out the mafia - which would, of course, if successful save the detective too.

However, sadly, it failed.

I think it either got him killed by an aggravated crowd, or murdered by an annoyed mafia...

Anyway, as for now, I'm willing to trust Kage. Let's hope he manages to flush one of them out (and provide adequate quotes in the process) and doesn't get killed in the process.

That sad, RTWGuru has been quite...silent this game. And that, coming from him, isn't a good sign. The same can be said of Silver, now I haven't been able to see when he was last on (invisibility mode and all) but he's usually one of the most active players - and I quite expected him to be that this time around too.

Not the case, however. We should keep that in mind.

Seamus Fermanagh
12-05-2006, 18:47
My mind is not made up about Kage. That does not mean I particularly want him dead, I've just been playing it safe. Still noodling this. Investigate if you wish, shan't bother me.

discovery1
12-05-2006, 19:37
How many games has RTWGuru been in? Hmmmm...

I suppose that his attempt to pose as detective was rather amature, despite the fact that he has been in more then one game. Has he ever been mafia?

Even if he hasn't, he seems pretty new to this, plus he can be very annoying

Vote: RTWGuru

Csargo
12-05-2006, 21:14
Of course we can not completely rule out the possibility that Kage is guilty (until the Mafia get an attempt (successful or thwarted) on his life. But as this game has progressed further, I have put almost complete trust in him.

At first, I was too skeptical, and only my suspicion of Prole led me to vote her over him. (it's just too odd to make up that Prole is the mafia...)

However, as the game has progressed, I see a couple convincing pieces of evidence to support Kage, foremost being that his demeanor is like a real detective (yes, I symphatize with his plight due to my situation in the other game; sue me). Also, the kills have gotten more similiar, and if Csar could confirm that the mafia(s) wrote them, that is another plus for Kage.
The only thing odd about Kage is that both his innocent investigations were killed this round. Still, I can't bring myself to imagine any of us Organians would kill those who were their most outspoken supporters the very next round (GH).

My top 3 suspect list is:

1) theRTWguru (since he's not screaming that he's a special role, I think he has a special role)

2) Seamus (wants to kill Kage)

3) Don C (same as Seamus)

Now, 2 and 3 may be just because of their chivalry, but 1 is definitely weird.

Vote: theRTWguru

Already answered that.

GeneralHankerchief
12-05-2006, 21:25
Guru was last on about five hours before Prole's execution was posted. JimBob was last on last night (EST night).

Get what you want out of this, but I think JimBob is more likely to be mafioso.

Seamus Fermanagh
12-05-2006, 21:31
How many games has RTWGuru been in? Hmmmm...

I suppose that his attempt to pose as detective was rather amature, despite the fact that he has been in more then one game. Has he ever been mafia?

You're referring to the other thread, correct? I need to keep this all straight and it's already tough for old farts like myself to keep track.

Husar
12-05-2006, 21:45
Well, since I started with mafia games, RTWGuru claimed to be detective twice, first time was in GF2, where he really was, but the post got deleted because he was dead already and he wrote it like a post meant for another forum wrongfully posted here.
Second time was Mafia V where nothing is proven yet I think, except that he got killed and thus was innocent.
Here in this game, he claimed nothing.

So my vote stays.

JimBob
12-05-2006, 23:23
Well, I don't think Guru is Mafia. But right now we have no leads and the votes seems to be between me and Guru. I like being a living innocent. Sorry, self preservation and all that.

Vote: RTWGuru

Csargo
12-06-2006, 22:57
Voting closed.

Csargo
12-06-2006, 23:31
Csar was finishing up tallying the votes. There were a lot of people who hadn’t voted and this was starting to agrivated him. “Do they not care about their beloved, peaceful town?” Csar asked himself. Well that would have to be dealt with later.

From the tally the townspeople had decided to execute RTWGuru. He was brought up to the platform screaming something about being a detective and handing Csar a piece of paper. “That is my letter from you that I am the detective.” Huh I don’t remember that. Csar looked at the paper, it was completely blank besides some doodles.

RTWGuru you are clearly delusional and have been sentenced to death by your peers. Csar pulled off a tarp covering a pretty large hole. There were a lot of noises coming from the hole. Clanking, blood curdling screams, etc. Csar pushed RTWGuru into the hole. The people in the hole really didn’t like this guy invading their hole. All that was heard after that were RTWGuru’s screams and then silence.

Csar looked in the hole, “Ugh that’s gruesome. Did you guys really have to mess him up that bad?” All that could be heard from the hole were cheers.

All right, everyone you may return to your homes. Hopefully the killings will stop.

Suddenly there was a voice from the sky. Hello is this thing on. Check 1 2 3.... Oh alright I've noticed that some of you haven't been voting lately. That angers me you don't wanna see me angry:mean: If you don't start voting you will be killed by me G O D.
Alright Mr. God thanks a lot for that I was just thinking about that earlier.

PM’s please

Seamus Fermanagh-

Husar-JB

Sir Moody-RTWGuru

TheRTWGuru-RTWGURU

Dutch_Guy-

Silver Rusher-

Reenk Roink-RTWGURU

Hepcat-

Warluster-

Peasant Phill-

Jimbob-RTWGURU

Kagemusha-

Discovery1-RTWGURU

Don Corleone-RTWGURU

Xiahou-JB

JB-2
RTWGuru-6

Hepcat
12-08-2006, 00:06
Oh right, I forgot about this game. Sorry. I promise to vote next round.

Sasaki Kojiro
12-08-2006, 15:40
Csar, if people are late with their pm's then just post no kills and let us move to the next round.

Husar
12-08-2006, 18:59
Wise words master Sasaki.:2thumbsup:

Csargo
12-09-2006, 02:59
JimBob and Seamus have been killed.

Note: Mafia members if you don't give me anything to work with then this is what you get. I may accidentally leak some secrets that will lead to your death. Let that be a warning to you.

Seamus Fermanagh
12-09-2006, 04:06
Kagemusha gets eaten by children in the other thread.

Members of this town are blown up by explosive vests.

I've even seen people executed by laser-toting sharks.

I get a death notice that's less revealing than the one's in my local podunk paper.:shame:

Nothing says "lovin'" like a gore-bespattered mafia-game death...

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, might as well go eat worms.

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

Seamus Fermanagh
12-09-2006, 04:58
For those considering the "lurker = mafia" theory:

Inactive (no vote/abstain) voters (4 possible votes):

Discovery1 no vote, no vote, no vote, Guru = 1
Dutch Guy no vote, no vote, Prole, no vote = 1
Hepcat abstain, no vote, no vote, no vote = 0
Kagemusha Prole, no vote, no vote, no vote = 1 (claims detective)
Silver Rusher no vote, no vote, no vote, no vote = 0
Warluster no vote, no vote, no vote, no vote = 0

Limited voters:

Peasant Phil no vote, Hanky, Prole, no vote = 2

Other Survivors include (#active votes of 4):

Don Corleone (3), Husar (3), Reenk (3), Moody (4), Xiahou (3).

Our honored dead (#active votes/votes possible), lynched:

Hankerchief (3/3), Ignoramus (0/0), JimBob (4/4), Kommodus (0/0), Masy (2/2), Proletariat (2/3), Sasaki (1/2), Seamus (3/4), Sigurd (2/3), Guru (1/4), Ultrawar (2/2).

Percentage of active votes among survivors: 43.75%

Percentage of active votes among murdered: 83.33%

-- Clearly the mafia are methodically wiping out the active voters, leaving the no-shows and lurkers for "dessert."

So what does this mean?

If you believe Kagemusha IS the detective:

Prole was guilty, one mafioso remains. Likely suspects:

Phil = semi-active but both votes very "safe" from controversy.

Xiahou = safe votes, voting for Jimbob just prior to his murder as a decoy

If you believe Kagemusha is NOT the detective:

Prole was innocent, and the mafia is intact. Aside from Kagemusha, suspects include:

Don C = active voter but moderate discussion in posts. Very active overall compared to the other thread despite being alive in both games.

Moody = active voter but very much with the herd. Voted for Reenk in round #1, but that was an obvious retal vote.

My vote = I'm boringly dead.

Xiahou
12-09-2006, 07:02
There's virtually no doubt in my mind that Kage is detective.

So according to Seamus, who is now clearly innocent as well, we should be looking at Phil. I'd like to hear the result of the latest investigations though. Also, Don was very reluctant to lynch Prole and seemed happy to push the RTWGuru bandwagon. The odds of both of them being randomly selected mafia seem near impossible, but he may bear watching nonetheless.

I think the total lack of kill descriptions may also point to a novice mafioso.

Hepcat
12-09-2006, 07:50
Well I don't know who to vote for, and I don't know who would be considered a novice mafia (apart from me of course). So I have no choice but to:

I guess I am just not very good at this game, I simply can't come to any conclusions of my own.

Peasant Phill
12-09-2006, 10:26
Great theory Seamus, very interesting.
True I have to justify myself, which is always very hard. The reason why I didn't always vote is simple: If I'm unsure (meaning I don't have a clue) I'll wait until the discussions brings up a suspect. But if real life gets in the way (which it does regularly) I don't get to voting anymore.
I know it's a explenation as good or bad as any but I have a proposition for those who suspect me: Let the detective investigate me (and thus let me live one more round) he'll porve without a doubt that I'm innocent.

vote Xiahou

Kagemusha
12-09-2006, 12:26
Well i dont have an suspect for you this round either. I investigated Seamus and he was innocent. Vote Csar.First i will get a Mafioso and then only dead people?

Sasaki Kojiro
12-09-2006, 14:15
As I said before, phil is posting more than ever before. This means he has a role-mafioso.

Dutch_guy
12-09-2006, 14:22
Silver Rusher no vote, no vote, no vote, no vote = 0

Hmm, Silver is back I'd say. Since he posted just after he was murdered in the other mafia. Now, even though he's still alive here he hasn't been posting. At all. Not quite his usual style, and something that actually raises my suspicion of him. That's why I'm voting for him this round, if he however reacts in an appropriate way (in my opinion that is) then I'd gladly unvote. A reaction is appreciated, Silver

Vote:Silver

EDIT:but then again, Sasaki, did Phil ever make it this far in a game ?

Sasaki Kojiro
12-09-2006, 14:56
Yes he has. It's only day 3 isn't it?

Also, Silver hasn't been online in 2 days.

Reenk Roink
12-09-2006, 15:50
Yeah, I hate these people (Sasaki and those he corrupts) that simply pick a name and go at him that round. JimBob was the poor soul last time, and he's been wasted (and innocent), and I see no real case for Phil yet.

Gonna hold off voting until more clues come up. No vote as of yet.

Dutch_guy
12-09-2006, 15:58
Yeah, I hate these people (Sasaki and those he corrupts) that simply pick a name and go at him that round. JimBob was the poor soul last time, and he's been wasted (and innocent), and I see no real case for Phil yet.

Gonna hold off voting until more clues come up. No vote as of yet.

I thought you didn't hold grudges over games ?

Don Corleone
12-09-2006, 16:07
Funny, I actually thought I was doing a better job keeping up in this game than the other one. Guess I'm over compensating in Hanky's game. Sorry if I haven't been contributing that much.

To answer a couple of questions about me:

-I defended Prole so vehemently because I didn't believe Kage. He's been acting a LOT like Sigurd from GF2... making wild claims with no hint at backing them up, then disappearing for a day or two. Sigurd was actually innocent, and I suppose Kage is too, but I still think that was a sucky lynch. Prole got that smoke, because Kage wanted her to, and because we're all sheep. There's no other reason.

-I went after RTWGuru because he's exhbiited such a dramatic behavior shift in this game. Call it bandwagoning if you will, but sometimes the evidence others present really does stand up to examination.

Now, I really don't believe Kage was the detective. I suspect he 'thinks' he knows what's going on, maybe even has a Kommodus-like system that he wants to keep secret. But where have been his next investegations?

So, why are there so many inactive posters in this game? I suspect the mafia is lurking among them, because they don't know what to make of Kagemusha's claim, and they don't want to draw any attention to themselves. The REAL detective would have to be a moron not to have investegated Silver yet. Some have subtly pointed to him, but no strong arguments, so I'm guessing he came back innocent.

Among the other inactives, Disco being so out of it is frankly, shocking, especially considering he's not alive in the other game.

Vote: Disco

Nothing personal Disco... explain yourself and prove me wrong. Maybe you've gotten an attack of real life. I'm all ears.

Peasant Phill
12-09-2006, 16:09
EDIT:but then again, Sasaki, did Phil ever make it this far in a game ?

I have explained myself earlier in this game but I'll do it again :shame: sigh

My former method was of posting just enough so I wasn't regarded as a lurker but also was overlooked by villagers and mafiosi. This worked like a charm in the first few rounds but after that I constantly got killed. Once I was lynched and the other times I got killed when the mafia started to eliminate all the 'less active' players (something that happens almost every time).

Yes I have survived one mafia game: cosa nuova. But wasn't it for the doctor I would have been killed just like all the other times.

So, is this reason enough for you guys to change my behavior?

Dutch_guy
12-09-2006, 16:14
I have explained myself earlier in this game but I'll do it again :shame: sigh

My former method was of posting just enough so I wasn't regarded as a lurker but also was overlooked by villagers and mafiosi. This worked like a charm in the first few rounds but after that I constantly got killed. Once I was lynched and the other times I got killed when the mafia started to eliminate all the 'less active' players (something that happens almost every time).

Yes I have survived one mafia game: cosa nuova. But wasn't it for the doctor I would have been killed just like all the other times.

So, is this reason enough for you guys to change my behavior?

I wasn't looking for an explanation why you posted more Phill, i was merely asking [Sasaki, or anyone for that matter] if you had ever survived this long. Nothing more, really.

You did give me an insightful answer though...

Reenk Roink
12-09-2006, 16:17
I thought you didn't hold grudges over games ?

Did you not know of the recent development that Sasaki was permaexclusalisted... :laugh4:

No Dg, I'm going after the weak reasons Sasaki always gives to lynch people...

That carries over multiple games... :wink:

Sasaki Kojiro
12-09-2006, 16:55
It is a weak reason. I've been too involved in Mafia V endgame to do the necassary re-reads. Phill could be ok.

I'd go with Don instead.

Don Corleone
12-09-2006, 17:47
Well, I suppose it had to happen at some point. Sasaki pretty much points the finger at everyone in the game at some point or another. You do know how much noise you send out and drown out any hope we have of actually getting a coherent theory going, right? I mean, I understand the point, you accuse, then I respond. You decide if you think I'm guilty based on the response. But in employing this method, you drown out any hope we have of actually examining evidence already in existence.

So, I can't actually respond to your charge, as you didn't give any reasons. You suggest I'm mafia. I suggest that I'm not. That's pretty much all your accusation warrants, sorry.

Don Corleone
12-09-2006, 17:50
And while we're at it Sasaki, why are you giving Kagemusha a free pass on his false reveal? If he IS the detective, why hasn't he posted any more findings? I offered a theory for HIS behavior. Far more troubling, to me, is your blind acceptance of his lame story. You don't find it bizarre that 1) a detective was allowed to live and 2) that he's only offered one piece of evidence through the 5 rounds since he revealed?

What's up with you? :inquisitive:

Sir Moody
12-09-2006, 18:41
Don Kage has posted his finding from every round... while he hasnt told us anything new since prole really since al lthe people he investigated were killed as he investigated them...

The detective has a charmed life after a reveal - the more doubt people throw on the reveal the less likely the mafia will kill him - they want him lynched as then no-one will believe the list of innocents/guilty's - eventually the risk of letting him live out weighs the risk of being caught and they will kill him - i think we should give kage one or two more rounds and if they havent killed him by then its getting a little off

also now we have confirmation of an incoming WoC (Wrath of Csar) dont vote for inactives as unless they vote they are fish food anyway

so for the moment im going to:

Vote Don C

his constant attacks on kage seem a touch over the top

JimBob
12-09-2006, 18:56
Don Kage has posted his finding from every round... while he hasnt told us anything new since prole really since al lthe people he investigated were killed as he investigated them...
Do you not find that strange? He posts his findings after the kills so he knows who is dead. He can then post safe 'investigations'. What are the odds that he randomly selects a mafia, and three people who get offed as he investigates them? I don't buy it. Lynch lynch lynch the Kage.

Sasaki Kojiro
12-09-2006, 19:02
Do you not find that strange? He posts his findings after the kills so he knows who is dead. He can then post safe 'investigations'. What are the odds that he randomly selects a mafia, and three people who get offed as he investigates them? I don't buy it. Lynch lynch lynch the Kage.

Lynch JimBob.

I suggested Seamus to Kage before the kills were posted and he said he would investigate him, so I know Kage hasn't been doing what JimBob is accusing him of.

Sasaki Kojiro
12-09-2006, 19:06
And while we're at it Sasaki, why are you giving Kagemusha a free pass on his false reveal? If he IS the detective, why hasn't he posted any more findings? I offered a theory for HIS behavior. Far more troubling, to me, is your blind acceptance of his lame story. You don't find it bizarre that 1) a detective was allowed to live and 2) that he's only offered one piece of evidence through the 5 rounds since he revealed?

What's up with you? :inquisitive:

It makes zero sense as a mafia ploy. It's round one so the real detective is almost certainly alive. Going from history you are almost certainly going to be lynched. We'll probably lynch him even though we believe him just to be sure.

As for my noisy methods, they work for me. Although this game I think I'll just let things go. The mafia are killing off people who could be suspects and we have a protected detective. Better strategy to just let things slide along.