PDA

View Full Version : Arbalesters?

Slaists
11-24-2006, 17:52
In MTW I we had crossbows and arbalests. Do we still have that distinction in MTW II? So far, I have seen only crossbows mentioned and I have only seen crossbows in my campaigns. I have not played to a "late era" year yet though.

lars573
11-24-2006, 17:57
I don't think there is a unit called Arbalesters. Very little of the upper end of the tech tree is locked. That is dependant on an event for you to access it. Gunpowder and top level ports are about it.

CBR
11-24-2006, 18:55
The best crossbow units have a longer range than the cheaper ones as well as higher attack. So although called the same they are AFAIK similar to the difference between crossbows and arbalesters in MTW.

CBR

hoom
11-24-2006, 21:26
The history geeks (not intended as an insult) complained in MTW time something like that historically there was really no such thing as an arbalest (except as a siege weapon?), just evolution of the crossbow.
So I'm quite happy with it as is.

Comrade Alexeo
11-24-2006, 21:53
Some crossbowmen with upgraded weapons appear to be carrying arbalest's, just from my vaguely recalling that see seemed more "metallic" than the previous set, but I can't back that up...