PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitors !!

Agapeus
11-26-2006, 15:22
ok , actually not ok:

i play UK. the pope is UK. im at peace with all. i never exterminate nor sack when take a settlement. im allied with papal state, and relation with it at highest. best churches possible everywhere and priests at max allowed converting around.
then 2 inquisitors r coming and they start killing. in 3 turns they killed the king & 2 other family members : a total of 3 members out of 6 !!! : then 2 diplomats, even the one that negotiated the alliance with the papal state, and my best cardinal and a promising priest.
now; France was excommunicated and attacked Caen with their Heir in command ( the fellow was at 0 piety ! ), my King repelled them and released all prisioners. then the inquisitor is passing by the french excommunicated Prince and comes and kills my king :skull: which was at 5 piety and 4 chivalry !!!:sweatdrop:

How on M2TW earth is this possible :wall: ? ( in this occasion no mods at all - thus a clean game )

Imho this is game "bug", or a wrong mechanism.
if those inquisitors kill they should at last look for no piety at all !!!!
A mod is really imperative imho:help:

WImPyTjeH
11-28-2006, 21:13
Inquisitors don't care about allainces, status, ....

They would kill the pope if they weren't controlled by the papal states.

My best priest had 10 piety and was a bishop prefetari. I normally hide all my characters in my cities when i see an inquisitor in one of my regions (inquisitors can't reach anyone in a city) but i didn't see it. the next turn, while i was attacking Milan, i get the message that says that my cardinal is executed and it also says something like this: "he wasn't pious enough" :inquisitive:

in other words, inquisitors are wors than assassins + you can only kill them with an assassin which is almost impossible

W

alpaca
11-29-2006, 21:46
If you use twelve assassins, the chance that you will have him exterminated in the second turn is more than 70% :)

As to the topic: We might not be able to change this. Will have to see.

Agapeus
11-30-2006, 13:49
If you use twelve assassins, the chance that you will have him exterminated in the second turn is more than 70% :)

hehe - ill try :smash:

Kobal2fr
12-07-2006, 13:06
I normally hide all my characters in my cities when i see an inquisitor in one of my regions (inquisitors can't reach anyone in a city)

Not true. I've had 2 governors killed by the same overzealous bigot in my last 2 turns - and I was at 10 pope-o-meter, the closest AI was at 6...

Mr Frost
12-10-2006, 01:56
Until I figure out how to fix them {or failing that , remove them} I am teleporting them to the Americas .

To do this , {on the campaing map} :
press the Tild key {the one with a ` on the bottom and ~ on the top}
then type toggle_fow and hit Enter
then move your camera left until you get to the Americas {you could do that before , but the Fog of War hides it in darkness}
then put your Cursor over the spot you want the psychopathic Inquisitor to be moved to and type show_cursorstat and hit Enter
this will give you a line of information . You want the first two numbers with a comma between them {eg 118,56} these are the xx,yy corordinates you will be using
move your camera now to the Inquisitor and place your Cursor on him so his name is shown in a box beneath him
type move_character "Inquisitors Name" xx,yy
the name must have Capitals at the start of each name , and if he has more than 2 names , you use a _ to join the second and third {and fourth etc} eg "Leonardo De_Caprio" or "Carlo The_Antichrist_Impersonator"

now hit enter and the lunatic will be teleported to the Americas where he seems {from my limited observations} impotant against the natives .
You will get the "America is discovered" scroll , but it didn't seem to cause any bother to my game .

Mr Frost
12-11-2006, 23:14
Until I figure out how to fix them {or failing that , remove them} I am teleporting them to the Americas .

To do this , {on the campaing map} :
press the Tild key {the one with a ` on the bottom and ~ on the top}
then type toggle_fow and hit Enter
then move your camera left until you get to the Americas {you could do that before , but the Fog of War hides it in darkness}
then put your Cursor over the spot you want the psychopathic Inquisitor to be moved to and type show_cursorstat and hit Enter
this will give you a line of information . You want the first two numbers with a comma between them {eg 118,56} these are the xx,yy corordinates you will be using
move your camera now to the Inquisitor and place your Cursor on him so his name is shown in a box beneath him
type move_character "Inquisitors Name" xx,yy
the name must have Capitals at the start of each name {except for precursor bits like el or de etc} , and if he has more than 2 names , you use a _ to join the second and third {and fourth etc} eg "Leonardo de_Caprio" or "Carlo the_Antichrist_Impersonator"

now hit enter and the lunatic will be teleported to the Americas where he seems {from my limited observations} impotant against the natives .
You will get the "America is discovered" scroll , but it didn't seem to cause any bother to my game .

Edit to correct mistake .