PDA

View Full Version : Where to put ya gen?

Monarch
11-26-2006, 21:19
Been bugging me. If you put it in ya cav you can't blow the horn, but he's vulenerable if he's in infantry.

So where to put him? Actual bodyguard unit? Inf? Cav?

Stig
11-26-2006, 22:30
I always choose a bodyguard ... matter of principle. If I don't I make him a heavy inf unit, and use his unit as reserve

RTKBarrett
11-26-2006, 23:03
Always a bodyguard cav, never anything else ;-)

Tempiic
11-27-2006, 09:09
Most of the time, he's missile cav with decent combat stats.

UglyandHasty
11-27-2006, 15:24
Most of the times i choose a bodyguard unit, that will act as fast reserve. I've try a couple of time an heavy inf unit, but i use it differently. With an inf general you cant really run around ....

Orda Khan
11-27-2006, 17:05
The most audacious general I ever saw was Toda's Samurai Archer

......Orda

peacedog
11-27-2006, 17:46
The most cowardly one i saw was my Peasant General who withdraws at the start of battle.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
11-27-2006, 19:56
Heavy Inf. I want my gen to actually get in their and fight, not be in a cav unit and set there for half the game untill I need him to flank..

YellowMelon
11-28-2006, 05:44
You need to remember that the gen gives a morale boost if he is near the combat taking place, so I usually make him a melee unit, but a good one, and usually supe him up a bit, though it comes in handy to have him as a cav sometimes for mobility reasons. It really depends on who you are playing as. For example whenever I play the Aztecs (which I do frequently as a laugh and suprisingly havnt lost with em yet) I make the gen the coyote priest so they can stand near the battle and howl for nice morale bonus, plus they have added Hits so they can usually withstand a force for enough time for you to go save him.