PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

R3conmaster
11-27-2006, 01:55
Every time I go online there are usually no servers waiting to be filled with people. The most I have seen was 2 at a time. Where is everyone?

I have the regular Medieval 2: Total War game, downloaded off steam.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
11-27-2006, 01:59
Hey,

m8, IMO, you should actually go down and buy it from a store, because Stream Players can't play with people who got it from their local gamestore..

NihilisticCow
11-27-2006, 11:41
Wait for the next patch, they're fixing that problem. You don't have to buy another copy.

R3conmaster
11-28-2006, 05:01
I thought that that was the problem. When is the patch coming out? I really want to play online soon. If I knew this wouldn't work, I would have gotten CoH, which actually is probably a much better game anyway. I guess I'll try and get that too sometime.

YellowMelon
11-28-2006, 05:06
I already discussed this in another thread, you should have snooped around more. I won't redirect you I'll just give you the same message theyre giving everyone.

Important notice about multiplayer play on Medieval II: Total War
There is a known developer issue with this game - users who bought the packaged version will be temporarily unable to play multiplayer against users who bought the download version, and vice-versa. Single player campaign gameplay is unaffected. SEGA and Creative Assembly are working on this issue and will post an update as soon as possible - we have been told 2-3 weeks. We will post this fix as soon as it is available here on Direct2Drive for you to download. In the meantime, you may download this game and enjoy the single player campaign and multiplayer vs. others with the same version as you until the fix is released.

Stay tuned. We will be in touch shortly.

I had to put a no cd crack on mine so me and my clanmates could have a compatible version, but in order for them to play with me they had to copy the game and apply the crack to their copy, so we're sol for the time being.

I also have to take the scorn of the lobby that thinks I didn't purchase the game because I use a crack...grrr...when will people learn its not illegal to mod the game if you own it.

Puzz3D
11-28-2006, 19:05
when will people learn its not illegal to mod the game if you own it.
It is against the license to alter the exe. Starting with RTW, CA has put a CRC check or somethinng like that on the exe for multiplayer.

R3conmaster
11-28-2006, 23:14
You said Direct-to-Drive, are you talking about the Steam version too? What is Valve doing about this? And why did they not test this before, I don't want to wait a month and a half to play a game I have now, this is ridiculous. I would have bought a different game. And how come I wasn't notified through steam? Valve has lots of stupid ads for their games, why don't they post a useful update for once?

Monarch
11-28-2006, 23:30
Official patch from Creative Assembly is on its way. Patience is a virtue.

YellowMelon
11-29-2006, 19:54
It is against the license to alter the exe. Starting with RTW, CA has put a CRC check or somethinng like that on the exe for multiplayer.

From the EULA Agreement

(g) remove, disable or circumvent any security protections, proprietary notices or labels contained on or within the Game Software;

Since I bought my game on D2D these security protections were not even on the game. They also have security protections that block you from making a backup copy of the game which contradicts an earlier statement that allows you to make a backup copy for personal protection.

(i) create data or executable programs that mimic data or functionality in the Game Software.

For some people these no cd fixes are the only thing that alows them to play because they have corrupt DVDs, now where is the responsibility of the company in this case? Return the game for credits at the store? Bah. Other than copyright issues I can't see any of these features holding up in any legal system.

Its funny that they give you these agreements after you purchase the game, and If I was to return it to EB they would only give me credits. Making you sign an agreement after purchase waves the effectiveness of it imo.