PDA

View Full Version : What I make wrong?

Alkiviadis
11-27-2006, 12:52
I am about in 198 BC and I play as KH...

I have 25 provinces..I controll all agean sea except Halikarnasos,Kydonia...
I have the Syracuse,Taras and the city north (I don't remember the name)...
I have the Balearides and the Nicomedia and all the Balkans except Segestica and the city north of Byzantium...

But my treasury is always about 10.000 - 12.000 each turn,I would never have more than 22.000 and my profits some times are negative!!!!Why happend this?

Teleklos Archelaou
11-27-2006, 15:53
You must have large armies. Or units that are too good serving as garrison soldiers in the cities. If you either replace your best guys with some cheaper ones, or if you take a few turns to focus on building a few mines or more trade buildings, you should be able with those provinces to really turn things around.

Corinthian Hoplite
11-27-2006, 15:59
Yes, the greek sea is very good to get profits :san_grin:

Sdragon
11-27-2006, 18:33
Sounds like you took a very Greek way of expansion. Problem with this is that Navies are VERY expensive.

Alkiviadis
11-28-2006, 08:31
Thank you guys...
So...Teleklos i think that you have right,to the most cities I have large armies full stack and are good units....But I had a reason to do that....
Three times I lost Dalminio and 2 Ambrakia because a betrayal...The Qarthadast bribe the cities too easy....

The Celtic Viking
11-28-2006, 11:56
Sounds like you should put a diplomat in each of your cities, then. They tend to make it much more difficult to bribe the garrison. Some assassins to kill the Carthaginian diplomats couldn't hurt either... well, at least not you. ~;)

Alkiviadis
11-28-2006, 12:51
Thank you my friend...

This diplomat never dies....

He is simply immortal:furious3:

But i will try to have some diplomats to the cities...

CountArach
11-29-2006, 04:59
Every city I have (After I have enough money to make it feasible) has a spy and a diplomat. The spy is there so I can see the armies nearby and the enemy assassins that are always lurking around and the diplomat makes it very hard to lose my cities to bribery. I also have several assasins runnign around my homeland so I can kill diplomats and assassins.

Hellenic_Hoplite
12-05-2006, 10:47
well if youre truly desperate for cash (I have done this with huge settlements ready to riot) you could give one of your large angry settlements to an enemy faction than capture it right back with the garrison you had previously stationed there than extermenate the population or if your other settlements don't have enough population and that one has too much you could put them into slavery.