PDA

View Full Version : Civil wars in PMTW

gugul
11-27-2006, 17:39
Hi cegorach! Great mod... been playing it continuosly since 1.5 came out.
I have a question about civil wars:
Civil wars were quite common in MTW vanilla for all factions... especially for the big ones, but in PMTW i see no civil wars. Have they been removed in someway through the latest patch? Is there any way of getting them back or making them happen more often? Or does my installation have some kind of error? ( i have modded some campmap and unit production files myself )
I really miss them... especially since civil wars were historically a common thing for some factions:Moldavians, Wallachians, Muslim factions and the occasional rebellions or treacheries commited by Ottoman or Polish-Lithuanian generals or troops (Mamluks, Jannisaries, Radziwills etc)

PS: i removed almost all loyalty bonuses given by titles/offices and this in vanilla would have meant certain civil war

Kavhan Isbul
11-27-2006, 19:41
I have seen a civil war once in the mod, and it happened to the Venetians. Generally, civil wars happen only to large factions with plenty of lands. I do not think you can ever get a civil war as the Moldovan principality unless you expand a lot. I think the reason we see less civil wars in Pike and Musket is due to the good balance of the game - it is harder for factions to grab plenty of lands and make a great expansion. Also, in the vanilla game many factions are prone to excommunication. In the mod, this does not apply to the protestant factions, and the catholics are either all roughly the same size (the various Italian minor factions) or simply preoccupied attacking Muslims and Orthodox.

cegorach
12-06-2006, 09:34
In general there are more buildings which affect happiness and much more office titles which increase loyalty. Still there are civil wars, though because the map is so crowded the main reason for civil wars i.e. too fast expansion of a faction is unlikely to appear at all.
There are things which pretty much guarantee a civil war - the National Levy which fails its task causes a drastic drop in loyalty and this can cause considerable difficulties.:book: