PDA

View Full Version : Building IDs For Guilds

resonantblue
11-29-2006, 02:37
For those of us who are too impatient to wait for the unpacker to mod our games, I thought I'd create a thread to share some info.

These are the building codes for the basic guilds. You can, if you like, put them all into one city. I am unsure if they will all upgrade, but I did get the upgrade event for at least one guild (out of 2 I had in a city), but I can't speak beyond that.

building
{
type guild_masons_guild masons_guild
}
building
{
type guild_merchants_guild merchants_guild
}
building
{
type guild_assassins_guild assassins_guild
}
building
{
type guild_theologians_guild theologians_guild
}
building
{
type guild_explorers_guild explorers_guild
}
building
{
type guild_horse_breeders_guild horse_breeders_guild
}
building
{
type guild_alchemists_guild alchemists_guild
}
building
{
type guild_thiefs_guild thieves_guild
}
building
{
type guild_swordsmiths_guild swordsmiths_guild
}

As a side note, the base building type for the Templars is "guild_templars_chapter_house" but I've been unable to determine what the actual building sub-type name is for the basic building.

So if anyone can figure out (or already knows) the naming convention for the masters/HQ buildings or can figure out the building name for the basic crusading guilds, please post it here.

resonantblue
11-29-2006, 02:42
Forgot this one, which is Castle only. Of the others, the crusading chapter houses and the Swordsmiths guild can be built in Castles as well. Everything in the first post can be built in a City.

building
{
type guild_woodsmens_guild woodsmens_guild
}

bdtj1815
11-29-2006, 04:07
I aws wondering if you might know if there was any way to stop a city being offered a guild? I would dearly like to stop certain cities, in fact most, being offered the Military Order guilds. It seems rather unhistorical to be able to build Templars in England, for instance, before a Crusade has even been launched!!

resonantblue
11-29-2006, 04:24
When the unpacker comes out, there's supposed to be a file export_descr_guilds.txt or something like that which controls guild triggers, so you should be able to turn it off there.

As of right now, there's probably no way.

I'm just trying to get the Hospitaller HQ in Malta and the Templar HQ in France, but it's proving quite a challenge :(.

Irb_the_Pictish_Berserker
11-29-2006, 06:29
Actually, i think you can stop guilds from being built in certain cities without the unpacker. I don't know this for sure, but when i was browsing the desc_regions.txt file i noticed that certain provinces had guild names in their resource lists. It stands to reason then that deleting these would get rid of the guilds... but like i said, this is just speculation.

btw, the desc_regions.txt file is in the base folder in the word/maps file

Agapeus
11-29-2006, 18:38
When the unpacker comes out, there's supposed to be a file export_descr_guilds.txt or something like that which controls guild triggers, so you should be able to turn it off there.

As of right now, there's probably no way.

I'm just trying to get the Hospitaller HQ in Malta and the Templar HQ in France, but it's proving quite a challenge :(.

cool, that will be indeed acurate: because the Scots had the Templar in that up north castle ....

building
{
type guild_woodsmens_guild woodsmens_guild
}

in what file can I find the above ?

btw, the desc_regions.txt file is in the base folder in the word/maps file

beside this info :

Inverness_Province
Inverness
england
English_Rebels
20 25 225
atlantic, explorers_guild
religions { catholic 90 orthodox 0 islam 0 pagan 5 heretic 5 }

i couldn't find anything related to guilds ....:embarassed:

resonantblue
11-29-2006, 19:49
cool, that will be indeed acurate: because the Scots had the Templar in that up north castle ....

in what file can I find the above ?

It's not available in any file right now, so far as I can tell. I've been using trial and error to figure out the building IDs.

I may just have to wait for the unpacker to figure out the rest of the building IDs.

applehazelnut
12-04-2006, 11:25
inside the editor, it's called templars_minor_chapter_house
the problem is that that doesn't work. I think there are other triggers involved. I think templars are a hidden resource or something.

HaroldVonBraver
12-15-2006, 01:49
Here are the updated Guild building ID's. All ID's are for the headquarters for each Guild.

building
{
type guild_knights_of_santiago_chapter_house knights_of_santiago_hq
}
building
{
type guild_st_johns_chapter_house st_johns_hq
}
building
{
type guild_templars_chapter_house templars_hq
}
building
{
type guild_teutonic_knights_chapter_house teutonic_knights_hq
}
building
{
type guild_horse_breeders_guild gm_horse_breeders_guild
}
building
{
type guild_swordsmiths_guild gm_swordsmiths_guild
}
building
{
type guild_merchants_guild gm_merchants_guild
}
building
{
type guild_assassins_guild gm_assassins_guild
}
building
{
type guild_theologians_guild gm_theologians_guild
}
building
{
type guild_explorers_guild gm_explorers_guild
}
building
{
type guild_masons_guild gm_masons_guild
}
building
{
type guild_alchemists_guild gm_alchemists_guild
}
building
{
type guild_thiefs_guild gm_thieves_guild
}
building
{
type guild_woodsmens_guild gm_woodsmens_guild
}

Enjoy!

krellan
12-15-2006, 04:04

Have you looked around if they are somewhere else already? Manual states theres only one guild HQ at all allowed - you wont get an offer if theres is one already on the map. And only one second tier guild building per faction. Which su*ks if your speciality unit needs that one, like Hungary. Hope that is not hardcoded, but done in the trigger.

HaroldVonBraver
12-19-2006, 01:28
If you place the building ID's that I posted you can have the Templars, Hosp, Knights of Sant or the Teutonic HQ (depending on the faction your starting with) guilds in all your starting cities with no need for upgrading. The good thing is they work fine.

But the "Woodman's Guild" only works in castles only.