PDA

View Full Version : grape shot, ideas how to mod

todorp
11-29-2006, 22:26
I' like to add grape shot to the cannons as a special ability.
I love grape shot in the Cossacks games, it is soo cool. A salvo of a couple of guns desimates a unit. I put the guns on hold fire until the enemy gets in range and then click attack on them and BOOM, most of enemy are killed and the rest are routed.

Can you help with ideas, please :help:

alpaca
11-29-2006, 22:35
It's fairly improbable that this can be done. All special abilities were hardcoded in RTW and probably are in MTW2

shifty157
11-30-2006, 00:30
ACtually, Alpaca, while it was impossible with RTW theres a possibility with MTW2. I have an idea or two that may work but really we'll have no idea until we get that damn unpacker.

Comrade Alexeo
11-30-2006, 02:21
What about some sort of modification to "Explosive Shot"?

You could shorten the range substantially and then change the visuals from an exploding round to a scattering of musket balls.

Just a thought.

shifty157
11-30-2006, 02:26
Its a bit more complex than that. But yes if grapeshot is possible then any piece of artillery can still only have two types of ammunition so grapeshot would take the place of the explosive ammunition currently used.

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
11-30-2006, 09:11
There is case shot in NTW2, works very fine.

LZoF

todorp
12-01-2006, 23:09
There is case shot in NTW2, works very fine.

LZoF

Yahoo!!!

Lord Zimoa of Flanders, Fantastic! I'll buy a beer or a drink of your choice ~:cheers:.

Do you have 2 screenshots to post e.g one before the grape shot and one after so I can see the effect.