118 131 33
grain, dyes, silk, crusade
religions { catholic 0 orthodox 95 islam 2 pagan 2 heretic 1 }

Explain the following to me..

What do the numbers mean

118 131 33

And am I correct in my assumption that the line

means that constantinopel trades grain, dyes, silk and is a potential crusade target ??

Trying to get a grip on these things as I have an idea for a mod, but first I want to do some groundwork for people.

Dingo

d1ng0d0g
11-30-2006, 16:17
Constantinople_Province
Constantinople
byzantium
Greek_Rebels
118 131 33

Okay, figured some bits out.

The green is farm modifier, though I have no direct clue what this does. Does someone care to elaborate ?

The Yellow bit seems to indicate that it's a potential crusade target, but the resource bit is still completely blank to me, someone care to elaborate on this ?

The things marked in red and blue are still completely a mystery to me.

So if someone would like to clarify these points, I'd be gratefull.

Dingo

Aspiring Modder.

:help:

Re Berengario I
11-30-2006, 16:54
118 131 33

RGB values for the colour the region has on the map_regions.tga

Resources (and hidden resources like being crusader target or ability to have a guild) of the province

It was the glory points of a province if I remember correctly, no more used I think in M2TW

The green is farm modifier, though I have no direct clue what this does. Does someone care to elaborate ?

Basic farm income of a province, it determines the agricoltural income and consequentely the population growth rate of a province as you can see in the province report inside the game.

The base % of the various religions in the province, total must be 100.

WImPyTjeH
11-30-2006, 19:18
RGB values for the colour the region has on the map_regions.tga
Some more info :wink:

Reg Green Blue value: you can see what RGB value the color of your region has in almost any graphics program like Photoshop, Flash, ... (even MS paint :inquisitive: ). For instance: Rome Region is completely green so it should be: 0 255 0. White is 0 0 0 and Black is 255 255 255

Correct me if I'm wrong guys :wink:

W

d1ng0d0g
12-01-2006, 08:22
Quite a clear anwser. My thanks for that.

Resources (and hidden resources like being crusader target or ability to have a guild) of the province

I was looking through the list of where resources are located, compared to where resources are mentioned in this regions_desc.txt file, I noticed one discrepancy: Constantinople is the only place with grain mentioned in the resources list.

Furthermore I can't really place the Jihad and Crusade tag, for I have seen Jihads held against certain targets as well as crusades.
It's also not a tag used by the AI, for I have also seen the AI hold jihads and crusades against these targets. So what does this tag do ?

As to the other tags and correct me please if I am wrong.

atlantic: In these spots you can build ships that can cross the atlantic.

(Toledo seems to be missing this tag though)

america: Well that's the other side of the ocean.

arguin: special region for Arguin. Can also only be reached by ship.

guilds are also mentioned, however it does not seem to be that in these cities those guilds appear, so what does the mention of the guild do there ?

I've got some modding experience, just not with any of the Total War series (well except for tweaking unit stats) and I'm trying to learn what stuff means. More questions will come, although I think that this is perhaps the wrong subforum to ask them.

Dingo

Aspiring Total War Modder

:help: