PDA

View Full Version : Changing the music in M2TW

Reapz
11-30-2006, 21:28
Does anybody know how to change the campaign map music in M2?

I love most things about the game but the campaign music is not one of them. It is like medieval elevator music to me and I want to try to import some of the sound files from M1 and some other more haunting medieval music.

I reviewed the modding forum for RTW thinking I might be able to adapt something from there and it seems that the modding of music was initially easy but changed after patch 1.3 so that music files had to be packaged and idx files altered. I can see M2 is going to be that way as I cant find any file like descr_sounds_music.

So I'm clueless - anybody know how to do it?

Spur
11-30-2006, 21:38
Tried changing some SFX last night, no go...

Used xidx .97, think that's the latest version, and it won't accept them, even if I just unpack and repack the vanilla stuff, it overwrites them with 1 byte versions, both .idx and .dat. Also if you remove them and try to use them unpacked, which worked in RTW, no go. It creates one-byte files too, then.

Same for music I guess... peeked at the format of both new idx and dat and what xidx made of them, same size but totally different-looking contents, so I am afraid they put that out of range too, until Verc updates his tool, maybe.