PDA

View Full Version : Super Bug

KrooK
12-01-2006, 13:05
Today polish mtw 2 version is being released. Some players received their games and noticed that......
Polish version of mtw 2 does not work with other language versions. Poles can't see non polish games and rest of the world can't see polish games.
Nice, don't you think. English illegal versions seems to be better than legally bought polish versions :)

Similar thing was with BI. After translation and preparing polish edition it appeared that polish version cause super-lag or simply crash game. We had to switch txt files on english versions.

KrooK
12-01-2006, 13:08
I will receive game in 5 hours so I will write more in the evening.

Monarch
12-01-2006, 14:40
Well, that really sucks. I suggest you go to totalwar.com, more specifically get in touch with palamedes somehow, Brethren forums perhaps. Because I'm sure he will realise how good many of the polish players are, for Poles to not be compatible with Americans/English etc is terrible :shame:

About BI, are you saying that you had the same problem and CA provided no fix? You had to fix it yourselves? If so, is it possible to fix the problem the same way you fixed bi?

NihilisticCow
12-01-2006, 15:09
Maybe it's intentional, after all who would want to play with all those silly polish people? ~;)

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
12-01-2006, 16:36
lol Cow

people who downloaded it can't play with people who brought it, like myself, so this makes it twice as bad :-( :-(

KrooK
12-02-2006, 11:26
No - here it can't be fixed same way like in BI. Luckily I bought english version.

Stig
12-03-2006, 13:58
meh they'll fix all this compatibility with the upcoming patch, or atleast they say they will

tgi01
12-03-2006, 15:48
No - here it can't be fixed same way like in BI. Luckily I bought english version.

It seems that CA cant do anything right , after correctly assuming that noone wants to play with the polish and fixing it in the code , they still let them buy the english version ....~:shock: :charge:

TGI

Monarch
12-03-2006, 17:58
meh they'll fix all this compatibility with the upcoming patch, or atleast they say they will

Maybe, but if I'm reading correctl krook said they didn't fix it for bi :inquisitive:

Stig
12-03-2006, 20:04
Maybe, but if I'm reading correctl krook said they didn't fix it for bi :inquisitive:
could be, but from what I learn from CA members at .com they are going to fix the compatibility problems in MP

YellowMelon
12-03-2006, 21:33
Its iffy. They say that they are going to fix it but Pala makes no reference to it in his blog. Every time I log on there are people going *** m8???!?!? And such, and Im not just speaking so angrily because I am one of the people affected. If they don't fix it, which in all honesty is a possibility, then I will be super frustrated.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
12-03-2006, 22:36
Of course Melon, Jason won't post it in his Blog, God forbide if CA loses the precious future MP players who might buy MTW2 to play MP< only to find this out.. go grapenuts