PDA

View Full Version : Citadel: Total War - The Renaissance Mod

GodsPetMonkey
12-03-2006, 01:12
http://www.users.on.net/~roehr/CTW/logo.jpg

Citadel: Total War – The Renaissance Mod

Citadel: Total War is a mod that will cover the Renaissance and early Reformation (from approximately 1400 through to 1600) in the area roughly ranging from the Atlantic to the Caspian. It aims to cover the political, religious and military turmoil and upheaval that made this era so important to human history.

While M2TW does cover much of this period, it falls seriously short when it comes to capturing the dramatic changes that occurred (both on and off the battlefield). Originally conceived as a total conversion for RTW, CTW aims to correct the mistakes CA made when it came to the 15th and 16th centuries, providing a single player campaign that tries to capture the period as much as possible, and including both revised versions of the units CA included for this time period, and many new ones that CA neglected to include originally.

The Team (Includes both those who have worked on the RTW and M2TW versions):
ACTIVE –
GodsPetMonkey (Bit of everything)
Yggdrasill (Research, scripting and unit lists)
Ignoramus (Research)
Shark974 (Graphics)
Ciaran (Scripting)

NO LONGER ACTIVE -
Silver_Rusher (Founder)
Uesugi Kenshin (Team leader, head playtester)
Narayanese (Graphics)
Zharakov (Research and unit lists for Russian factions)
Celtic Winter (Unit coordinator)
Suleiman the Magnificent (Research)
Saranalos (Historical battles and scripting)
Two Roses (Textures)
Devercia (Textures)
FEMTO (Loading screens)
Che_87 (Playtesting and bug finding)
Wazikashi (Playtesting and bug finding)
Dark_Shadow89 (Playtesting and bug finding)
Dionysos (Playtesting, bug finding and sound gathering)
Lief (Playtesting and bug finding)
Janissary Karamurat (Playtesting and bug finding)
Withmyspearandmagichelmet!!! (Playtesting and bug finding)
goliath88 (Playtesting and bug finding)
MetalSlug (Playtesting and bug finding)

=Omni=
12-04-2006, 03:01
Great to see the renaisance mod starting off for MTW2 :)

There's another promissing renaissance mod developed for MTW2 - Exsurge Domine (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72442) . Maybe it'd be a good idea to join forces and do something together with JoeyBritt?

Also, maybe when creating new units become availble, you could cooperate with Pike and Musket and MTR and exchange some units?

Anyway, I wish you good luck, and I'll be following the progress:2thumbsup:

GodsPetMonkey
12-04-2006, 08:39
Great to see the renaisance mod starting off for MTW2 :)

There's another promissing renaissance mod developed for MTW2 - Exsurge Domine (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72442) . Maybe it'd be a good idea to join forces and do something together with JoeyBritt?

Also, maybe when creating new units become availble, you could cooperate with Pike and Musket and MTR and exchange some units?

Anyway, I wish you good luck, and I'll be following the progress:2thumbsup:

It's something we keep in mind, though we already have alot of material from our work on the RTW version. It also seems JoeyBritt wants to focus more on the reformation then anything else, while we plan on covering a larger period as fathfully as possible (which means a more diluted reformation experiance, sadly, though we hope to make it an enjoyable challenge none-the-less).

Though with regards to units, we have to wait until we can actually put our own models and textures in game before we start worrying about co-operating with other teams on such material.

octai
12-23-2006, 11:28
where is the download link__??

Yggdrasill
12-27-2006, 08:34
No download yet, but I am quite sure that very soon we shall make a small 'historical acucracy' mod with improved unit selection.

Warluster
01-03-2007, 08:13
Could I please join this mod?
Ihave skills in-
Text Files-Some one pointed out ealier that tthis is not a skill, well in fact it sort of is, because it is not that easy trying to understand the computer language and all that!
Banners
Map Making-I am getting the hang of it, still figuring out though
Traits/Ancillaries- Did not know that people were looking for stuff like that.
Reseacrh
Playtesting
Artwork-Loading screens, stuff like that.
Plus a few more stuff.
Will be happy to learn how to Model/Skin when tools come out!

Shark974
01-18-2007, 23:22
Could I please join this mod?
Ihave skills in-
Text Files-Some one pointed out ealier that tthis is not a skill, well in fact it sort of is, because it is not that easy trying to understand the computer language and all that!
Banners
Map Making-I am getting the hang of it, still figuring out though
Traits/Ancillaries- Did not know that people were looking for stuff like that.
Reseacrh
Playtesting
Artwork-Loading screens, stuff like that.
Plus a few more stuff.
Will be happy to learn how to Model/Skin when tools come out!
scripters are always welcomed Warluster, I will contact GPM to add you at our team.

Warluster
01-18-2007, 23:44
I can not do any actual modding anymore, but I can still be a writer and historian

SaneCube
03-12-2011, 13:32
Damn, it's dead, isn't it. Shame.