PDA

View Full Version : A New Game to be hosted here at the .Org

Wild Bill Kelso
12-04-2006, 23:21
Hello all,

Some of you may know me from the other place (TWC). I was running an online Boardgame/RPG there, but was hoping to move it to the .Org. I have play tested my rules in a successful game which last 4 months over at TWC and am hoping to host another one here. My rules are complex enough to ensure the game runes smoothly, but are simple enough to not make things overly complicated. My hopes with this is to create a multiplayer experience for the Totalwar games. The forum acts much like the world map in Totalwar; all diplomacy, settlement upgrades and military movements are preformed here in a series of different threads. All battles are done via multiplayer using either original MTW:VI or hopefully M2TW (at TWC we used VI). Before proceeding, I would like to develop some parts of the game to make it more immersive. I would also need some help from people with historical background to ensure the starting position/maps are as close to authentic as possible. Here are some screen shots of the last RPG-

Example of troop movements early in the game-
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/Champon/VI%20RPG/fortlocationssummer787plusarmies.jpg

Example of troop movements as things began to heat up!-
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/Champon/VI%20RPG/fortlocationssummer788battles.jpg

Faction locations at games conclusion-
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/Champon/VI%20RPG/fortlocationswinter788-1.jpg

I would be happy to set this up and run this here if there is enough interest here at the .Org! If you are interested in helping me develop the RPG please PM me!

Kagemusha
12-05-2006, 12:06
Hi Wild Bill! IIm glad to see you here. Can you tell us specifics how this game works? Also i think that if you would post a reminder at the MTW MP forum you could attract players easily~:)

Wild Bill Kelso
12-05-2006, 20:01
Hi Wild Bill! IIm glad to see you here. Can you tell us specifics how this game works? Also i think that if you would post a reminder at the MTW MP forum you could attract players easily~:)

If there is any interest I am hoping to get my own internal area here where I will post my rules as well as a quick FAQ if need be.

Warluster
12-09-2006, 07:46
So it is like a MTw on line with a campaign, or is it like Interactive histories?

Wild Bill Kelso
12-09-2006, 08:34
So it is like a MTw on line with a campaign, or is it like Interactive histories?

Well it is kind of like an online campaign game. Though all of the map components which would occur in the game engine are done on the forum, while the actual combat amon players takes place online via multiplayer.

Warluster
12-09-2006, 08:37
ok, I could probaly help you,

Warluster
12-09-2006, 08:39
I could help in every part EVERYTHING! but the game Engine battles, like the combat, I will help with everything but the Combat (Which(Please Correct me if I am wrong) is run thrugh what ever running it through.)

ElmarkOFear
12-12-2006, 13:34
Nice job. I held several such campaigns during the STW days and I know how much work goes into such an endeavor. Everyone who played in it should give you a great big THANKS! for putting in so much time and effort for their enjoyment.

Well done. I applaud you! :yes: