PDA

View Full Version : A mod appealing to all!

IRONxMortlock
12-05-2006, 07:59
I've been noticing how many people are looking to change many different aspects to the game and I thought, "you know what would be great, if someone could make a mod which will satisfy all these people".

My idea is to have a mod which works by bringing up a nice little window with a bunch of sliders, buttons and check boxes. These would correspond to various changes people would like to see in the game. For example, there could be sliders to adjust the range the AI units brace for a charge or at what distance a unit begins its charge. Check boxes could toggle things like unlimited missile and siege unit ammo. The user could specify exact dates, a range of dates or elect for completely random dates for any number of events in the game and so on and so forth. After the user has entered their preference (which can be saved for future use/reference) the game then loads up and plays to their specifications.

In this way, the ultimate personalised mod could be created so that everyone can experiment to create exactly the kind of game they'd like.

I have neither the knowledge nor the time to do this myself and I have no concept of whether or not this idea would even be possible but if it were, I believe it would be extremely popular.

What do you think?

Rothe
12-05-2006, 09:56
I think you could, in theory, build a customisable mod.

The thing is that you have to make some sort of platform where the player can input the choices via checkboxes/sliders and then you have to have some code to translate the information to game terms and parse the text files to match the preferences.

Don't kill me, I am not a software literate guy :embarassed: but I think that this could be done.

Sky
12-06-2006, 10:00
How do you enable infinite ammo for missile and siege units in M2TW?

alpaca
12-06-2006, 21:40
Well at least for me the reason to mod isn't to please as many people as possible but to make the game more enjoyable for myself. So, such a mod would be good for the players but presumably it wouldn't be too interesting to work on it.