PDA

View Full Version : Modding autoresolve

Jambo
12-06-2006, 11:21
There's a section within the descr_campaign_db.xml file that deals with autoresolve. The following parameters are listed:

<min_capture_percent float="5.0"/>
<max_capture_percent float="30.0"/>
<lopsided_thresh float="1.5"/>
<lopsided_hn_mod float="3.0"/>
<separation_missile_add uint="1"/>
<naval_sink_modifier float="1.5"/>
<naval_sink_offset float="15.0"/>
<naval_sink_max float="80.0"/>

Does anyone have any idea what these do? Of particular interest are those that start with "lopsided_". Are these related to the off-setting of results when autoresolving at harder campaign difficulty levels per chance?

Epistolary Richard
12-06-2006, 20:33
capture min/max is the % captured of the total 'killed'

lopsided - if one side is overwhelmingly more powerful than the other i.e. by this threshold (_thresh), then it takes fewer casualties - 500 men vs 50 men would take fewer casualties than 50 men vs 50 men, generally speaking. _hn_mod if the attacker:defender ratio is bigger than this then it gives the attacker additional attack stats.

Therefore, (ratio x a multiplier) would be added to the stats.

The actual autoresolve calculation is based upon difficulty level, unit experience, battle type (ambush, flank, rear), presence of elephants, charge bonus and armour level.

separation_missile is the conceptual distance the missile units start away from the enemy. The higher it is, the more shots they will get off and the lower their own casualties will be.

naval_sink influences the chances of actually sinking an enemy ship
(attacker strength - defender strength) x sink modifier + sink offset) which is ultimately capped at _max.

Oh, and modding questions go in the Modding Questions forum.

Jambo
12-06-2006, 22:26
Ah great, thanks for the help. No way to mod how difficulty affects autoresolve then?

Epistolary Richard
12-07-2006, 01:05
Not that I've seen.

FactionHeir
12-10-2006, 22:19
Hmmm is it possible to mod how many units are killed in auto resolve? I find it annoying how autoresolve always results in the enemy army getting away with most its troops, although I'd prefer that a defeat/victory leads to one army being completely or nearly completely obliterated if one side has cavalry left.