PDA

View Full Version : How to change religion INGAME

d1ng0d0g
12-07-2006, 15:46
I know how to change a factions religion (with still a few really minor snags) from the start of the game.
I think that I've also figured out how to add new religions, although this still needs testing.

What I am looking for now, is for a way to script the change of a factions religion in game if it's possible at all.

Reformation, a certain English King, the schism of the catholic church (into "three" groups, Byzantine Orthodox, Russian Orthodox and Catholics)

Anyways, it would be lovely if someone could help me find that ?

Dingo

d1ng0d0g
12-08-2006, 17:54
Okay, adding new religions isn't possible as of yet. I painstakingly added a new religion anywhere there could possibly be one needed to be add, and it did not work.

Dingo

Valentine82
12-08-2006, 21:25
I would be happy just to have a simple mod that changed the Milanese to Orthodox, like Byzantine or Russian Orthodox I don't care, just to make it more historically accurate since Milan operated outside the authority of the Papacy completely in accordance to it's own agenda, particularly since they bent over backwards to accommodate muslims along their beaches and ports.

d1ng0d0g
12-31-2006, 01:19
Has anyone discovered a way to actually add a new religion to the game as of yet ?

It's possible and relative little work to change religions around, but has anyone managed to actually add a new religion ???

Dingo

Musashi
12-31-2006, 06:04
Why not just convert "pagan" or "heretic" into your new religion?

d1ng0d0g
12-31-2006, 14:04
The reason I'm not just changing Pagan or Heretic is actually because I am trying to ADD more than just a single religion to the current list.

Two different streams of Islam, two different streams of Orthodoxy, Protestantism (possibly more than just one), and a slew of Pagan believes.

Of course, if this isn't possible I will eventually give up, but as it stands now I have no clue where to look for more options.

Dingo

Musashi
01-01-2007, 00:16
Ah. Have fun then lol.

For mine I have it easy.. I'm eliminating Orthodox (It doesn't exist in my alternate history) and replacing it with a new religion... And setting a few factions to pagan. So mine is simple.

Dave1984
01-01-2007, 03:42
Ah. Have fun then lol.

For mine I have it easy.. I'm eliminating Orthodox (It doesn't exist in my alternate history) and replacing it with a new religion... And setting a few factions to pagan. So mine is simple.

What is your alternative history?